Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,712 members, 7,809,699 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:28 PM

Did You Know Anyone That Regret Relocating To Canada? Advise Pls. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Did You Know Anyone That Regret Relocating To Canada? Advise Pls. (15289 Views)

Japa: 10 Countries People NEVER Regret And REGRET Moving To / I Regret Coming To Canada / How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did You Know Anyone That Regret Relocating To Canada? Advise Pls. by MrGoood: 6:45pm On Oct 26, 2020
I am planing to move out of Nigeria soon but pls I’ve been reading about people who got there and re not happy when the reality drawn on them , Pls did you also have the same experience, Did you know anyone regretting there actions also? Note: I make nothing less than 200k here currently and as far as 700 to a million monthly , But let judge with 200k , No matter how worst thing re I will make 200k monthly, So how much did you make in Canada, I asked someone there but it seems he didn’t not want too be open maybe the shame or whatever, I don’t know. I put it on Politics section because we have matured people on here.

5 Likes

Re: Did You Know Anyone That Regret Relocating To Canada? Advise Pls. by gwininfo(m): 6:51pm On Oct 26, 2020
I don't have much information on your question but I am interested in making the amount you claim to make monthly. I am a fresh graduate awaiting service. I would be grateful if you could respond to this.

37 Likes

Re: Did You Know Anyone That Regret Relocating To Canada? Advise Pls. by helinues: 6:52pm On Oct 26, 2020
This is not about Canada but any country...

If you don't have proper plans before embarking on the journey, abroad is not that easy...

Considering the standard of living in advance countries, na bills and tax dey chop most of the money...

Btw, every country is an abroad cos if you ask British man in Nigeria where he is, definitely he is in abroad

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Did You Know Anyone That Regret Relocating To Canada? Advise Pls. by economia1: 7:08pm On Oct 26, 2020
Ifa say this tread will get to promiseland.

2 Likes

Re: Did You Know Anyone That Regret Relocating To Canada? Advise Pls. by Nobody: 7:09pm On Oct 26, 2020
Yes... a number of business men in Nigeria regret their canada move, they have not worked in a long while, while business is not something you can just start anyhow over there... most times they are reduced to blue collar jobs if they are able to find any.. some return leaving their family..

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Did You Know Anyone That Regret Relocating To Canada? Advise Pls. by MrGoood: 7:19pm On Oct 26, 2020
Esseite:
Yes... a number of business men in Nigeria regret their canada move, they have not worked in a long while, while business is not something you can just start anyhow over there... most times they are reduced to blue collar jobs if they are able to find any.. some return leaving their family..
Nice one, This is what am trying to abstain, I don’t too put my life on reverse, I want to know the reality
Re: Did You Know Anyone That Regret Relocating To Canada? Advise Pls. by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 26, 2020
Some regret, some didnt

it is easier for young people to adapt than older people

I see less regrets among young and single people

The downside of canada is the weather, the tax, the lonliness that is if you live is small towns.

Living abroad can be fun and also can be bad, paying of rent monthly is very important or else you will land on the street without no support.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Did You Know Anyone That Regret Relocating To Canada? Advise Pls. by FieldMarshall06(m): 7:28pm On Oct 26, 2020
MrGoood:
I am planing to move out of Nigeria soon but pls I’ve been reading about people who got there and re not happy when the reality drawn on them , Pls did you also have the same experience, Did you know anyone regretting there actions also? Note: I make nothing less than 200k here currently and as far as 700 to a million monthly , But let judge with 200k , No matter how worst thing re I will make 200k monthly, So how much did you make in Canada, I asked someone there but it seems he didn’t not want too be open maybe the shame or whatever, I don’t know. I put it on Politics section because we have matured people on here.

95 percent regret. If you did not school there, don't go there. I mean first degree not masters. Don't dare, else you drive taxi.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did You Know Anyone That Regret Relocating To Canada? Advise Pls. by QuinieR(f): 7:47pm On Oct 26, 2020
Op biko introduce me to your business grin

Do you have anyone in Canada,starting a life without having anyone dere is always hard at the beginning

6 Likes

Re: Did You Know Anyone That Regret Relocating To Canada? Advise Pls. by Mikelarteta(m): 8:11pm On Oct 26, 2020
If you hard working and smart, I bet you will be forever grateful especially if you have a family with kids. That’s probably the best way to set your kids up for success in life cos they have a system that works. Am talking from experience BTW.

9 Likes

Re: Did You Know Anyone That Regret Relocating To Canada? Advise Pls. by GallantDuke(m): 8:13pm On Oct 26, 2020
I think anyone earning 200k monthly in Nigeria is not doing bad.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Know Anyone That Regret Relocating To Canada? Advise Pls. by escapefromusa(f): 8:35pm On Oct 26, 2020
FieldMarshall06:

95 percent regret. If you did not school there, don't go there. I mean first degree not masters. Don't dare, else you drive taxi.

grin

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Did You Know Anyone That Regret Relocating To Canada? Advise Pls. by slizzyb(m): 9:02pm On Oct 26, 2020
MrGoood:

Bro pls show me the way...
Re: Did You Know Anyone That Regret Relocating To Canada? Advise Pls. by Highesschief1: 9:26pm On Oct 26, 2020
Yeah I am in a similar situation but its not just about the money.. It about the life style, standard of living, the security, securing a better future for your kids and job security etc

I know a few senior colleagues that even earn higher, they made the move and are not regretting it, one of them told me how his company had to shut down due to the covid19 and few days later he got over four different job offers from other companies.

Bottom line is you should be ready to work hard and smart and alway remember where you came from and why you had to come there.. Don't let the easy life over there deceive you

20 Likes

Re: Did You Know Anyone That Regret Relocating To Canada? Advise Pls. by Nobody: 9:26pm On Oct 26, 2020
QuinieR:
Op biko introduce me to your business grin

Do you have anyone in Canada,starting a life without having anyone dere is always hard at the beginning

Op, she wants to start life with you over there. Pls take her along

2 Likes

Re: Did You Know Anyone That Regret Relocating To Canada? Advise Pls. by BigDawsNet: 9:48pm On Oct 26, 2020
Canada
United States
Uk
Or other 1st world countries are wonderful for relocation

If you fall into this categories Don't abandon your career to move
- Your earn 200k upward
- you have finacial backup
-you hav running buisness
-you are doing well

If you fall into this categories you can consider migrating

-you jobless
- you earn 150k below
-you fall below average standard
-you don't have any running buisness
-you are managing

Canada is a wonderful country but its not as easy as you think... You make cool income but gov is waiting for your tax... Things are pretty expensive unlike the states...

If you doing well just go for a visit and meet with nigerians over there to give you more life stories
Dont quite yet...

Goodluck

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did You Know Anyone That Regret Relocating To Canada? Advise Pls. by maternal: 10:14pm On Oct 26, 2020
BigDawsNet:
Canada
United States
Uk
Or other 1st world countries are wonderful for relocation

If you fall into this categories Don't abandon your career to move
- Your earn 200k upward
- you have finacial backup
-you hav running buisness
-you are doing well

If you fall into this categories you can consider migrating

-you jobless
- you earn 150k below
-you fall below average standard
-you don't have any running buisness
-you are managing

Canada is a wonderful country but its not as easy as you think... You make cool income but gov is waiting for your tax... Things are pretty expensive unlike the states...

If you doing well just go for a visit and meet with nigerians over there to give you more life stories
Dont quite yet...

Goodluck

Hes not doing well. Because if he was, he wouldn't be thinking of migrating. Lastly what is wrong with paying taxes? Why are Nigerians so uncivilized. You complain government doesn't do anything. Then when you live in a country where the government does something, you complain about taxes.

66 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Did You Know Anyone That Regret Relocating To Canada? Advise Pls. by DontBullshitMe: 10:17pm On Oct 26, 2020
GallantDuke:
Depends on the city you reside. . .
Re: Did You Know Anyone That Regret Relocating To Canada? Advise Pls. by maternal: 10:22pm On Oct 26, 2020
GallantDuke:

If 200k naira is keeping you in naija over getting a Canadian passport you're mentally unstable.

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did You Know Anyone That Regret Relocating To Canada? Advise Pls. by Nobody: 10:37pm On Oct 26, 2020
Relocation most times is not about the money. Some get good jobs some dont. But nothing beats staying in a system that works, good health care( buhari amd family use foreign health care imagine), good opportunity to change careers etc. You are also guaranteed a good future for your kids. I have not met any Nigeria regreting since i came here. This is me coming home at 11.30 am last week without any fear of my safety. Nothing beats that bro

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did You Know Anyone That Regret Relocating To Canada? Advise Pls. by MrGoood: 10:44pm On Oct 26, 2020
Kekereekun123:
Relocation most times is not about the money. Some get good jobs some dont. But nothing beats staying in a system that works, good health care( buhari amd family use foreign health care imagine), good opportunity to change careers etc. You are also guaranteed a good future for your kids. I have not met any Nigeria regreting since i came here. This is me coming home at 11.30 am last weeks without any fear of my safety. Nothing beats that bro
Thanks but I won’t lie am about the money , I have a lot of bills to settle , How much did you make here monthly pls, If the minimum I will make here is 300k minimum , I will move next two month by God Grace. The max I can make is unlimited, I am about minimum earnings. Even if the place is a bush , mine is money , All this high building can’t put food on my table , My problem is more than admiring beauty.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Know Anyone That Regret Relocating To Canada? Advise Pls. by QuinieR(f): 10:44pm On Oct 26, 2020
Keshinr0:

Op, she wants to start life with you over there. Pls take her along
Lol e never reach that nah grin
He shld jst teach me shikena
Re: Did You Know Anyone That Regret Relocating To Canada? Advise Pls. by Nobody: 10:48pm On Oct 26, 2020
MrGoood:

Thanks but I won’t lie am about the money , I have a lot of bills to settle , How much did you make here monthly pls, If the minimum I will make here is 300k minimum , I will move next two month by God Grace. The max I can make is unlimited, I am about minimum earnings. Even if the place is a bush , mine is money , All this high building can’t put food on my table , My problem is more than admiring beauty.
what type of visa did you do or are doing Express entry
Re: Did You Know Anyone That Regret Relocating To Canada? Advise Pls. by MrGoood: 10:50pm On Oct 26, 2020
Kekereekun123:
what type of visa did you do or are doing Express entry
I know nothing about traveling, Just fortunate to make little bucks, But my mind is out of this country after the recent massacre, The thing now is I want too stay in a good country and don’t reduce what I make

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did You Know Anyone That Regret Relocating To Canada? Advise Pls. by jesmond3945: 10:52pm On Oct 26, 2020
maternal:

Hes not doing well. Because if he was, he wouldn't be thinking of migrating. Lastly what is wrong with paying taxes? Why are Nigerians so uncivilized. You complain government doesn't do anything. Then when you live in a country where the government does something, you complain about taxes.
why do Nigerians in abroad engage in crime and drugs in order to make it?
The people doing legal stuff are just managing to get by with bills, tax both home and abroad?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did You Know Anyone That Regret Relocating To Canada? Advise Pls. by Nobody: 11:05pm On Oct 26, 2020
MrGoood:

I know nothing about traveling, Just fortunate to make little bucks, But my mind is out of this country after the recent massacre, The thing now is I want too stay in a good country and don’t reduce what I make
well canada immigration is not about money but if you qualify. https://www.nairaland.com/6081746/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled check here. Do u have a masters or bsc plus an extra qualification Can you score highest points in ielts. Are you below 31, do you have 3 years experience. If yes you would qualify.

If you're have 200k to 1m Canadian dollars then you can try investors visa. Dont listen to any agent saying they can work canada visa for you. Premium tears loading.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Know Anyone That Regret Relocating To Canada? Advise Pls. by maternal: 11:13pm On Oct 26, 2020
jesmond3945:
why do Nigerians in abroad engage in crime and drugs in order to make it?
The people doing legal stuff are just managing to get by with bills, tax both home and abroad?

Some have no papers and some are just criminals. Myself and the people I'm around aren't struggling at all. Taxes actually make life easier and cheaper. Only Nigerians in Nigeria feel taxes is a bad thing.

19 Likes

Re: Did You Know Anyone That Regret Relocating To Canada? Advise Pls. by Nickxander11(m): 11:17pm On Oct 26, 2020
Kekereekun123:
well canada immigration is not about money but if you qualify. https://www.nairaland.com/6081746/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled check here. Do u have a masters or bsc plus an extra qualification Can you score highest points in ielts. Are you below 31, do you have 3 years experience. If yes you would qualify.

If you're have 200k to 1m Canadian dollars then you can try investors visa. Dont listen to any agent saying they can work canada visa for you. Premium tears loading.

What if one has just bsc, 2 years experience and no extra qualifications what could be the chances if he is scores high in ielts and is below 31?
Re: Did You Know Anyone That Regret Relocating To Canada? Advise Pls. by Nobody: 11:30pm On Oct 26, 2020
Nickxander11:

What if one has just bsc, 2 years experience and no extra qualifications what could be the chances if he is scores high in ielts and is below 31?
scores wont be enough. Bsc, 3 years experience highest ielts ,below 30 equals 441. There current scores is 471. That is the link to simulate scores https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

3 Likes

Re: Did You Know Anyone That Regret Relocating To Canada? Advise Pls. by Rickywowoz: 11:57pm On Oct 26, 2020
FieldMarshall06:

I have a bachelor's from Nigeria and masters from Canada. I'm done school and I have a professional job. So what are you saying. Even people that didn't goto school here get certifications and land professional jobs. Canada is hard Canada is hard abeg Nigeria easy? Canada was giving even international students upto a $1000 during pandemic while 9ja dey hoard food for warehouse. The only regret I have is not leaving Nigeria on time , I for abandon my bsc run comot that shithole.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did You Know Anyone That Regret Relocating To Canada? Advise Pls. by Bloggingscope: 12:02am On Oct 27, 2020
Rickywowoz:

I have a bachelor's from Nigeria and masters from Canada. I'm done school and I have a professional job. So what are you saying. Even people that didn't goto school here get certifications and land professional jobs. Canada is hard Canada is hard abeg Nigeria easy? Canada was giving even international students upto a $1000 during pandemic while 9ja dey hoard food for warehouse. The only regret I have is not leaving Nigeria on time , I for abandon my bsc run comot that shithole.

How did you go about your masters in canada?

Like the uni and how the process was as a Nigerian Undergraduate

2 Likes

Re: Did You Know Anyone That Regret Relocating To Canada? Advise Pls. by MrGoood: 12:17am On Oct 27, 2020
I opened a thread and I saw what someone make in Canada in one year, A security guy for that matter, This guy comes with proof, Before and After Tax , By God’s Grace am leaving this country. Kekereekun123 why re you hiding about what you guys make there , Well I later stumbled upon a thread and my eye is open now , You guys make a lot of money as per Nigerian rich man and you re smiling at 300k which is a chicken in that area, I am coming , Have a nice day

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FRSC Does Not Seek Introduction Of Sharia Law. Recalls Yusuf Abdullahi / Ibadan Train Station Shut Down By Protesting Workers, Passengers Stranded / Fed Govt Goes Tough On Visa Issuance To Stop Terrorists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.