Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,165 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:17 AM

Amnesty International: Killing Of School Children In Cameroon An Atrocity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amnesty International: Killing Of School Children In Cameroon An Atrocity (244 Views)

Plateau Attacks: Tinubu's Security Measures Empty - Amnesty International / Is Atiku Really From Cameroon - An In-depth Analysis / Plateau: How Nigerian Govt Encourage Murderers – Amnesty International (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amnesty International: Killing Of School Children In Cameroon An Atrocity by joelobi: 9:25pm On Oct 26, 2020
Cameroon School Shooting an Atrocity that Underscores the Urgency of Protecting Ordinary People – Amnesty International

Humanitarian body, Amnesty International has condemned the killing of eight school children inside their classroom by gunmen in Kumba, South West region of Cameroon on Saturday.

The body in a statement issued on its verified Twitter, obtained by African News Today said that the killing amounted to an atrocity that underscores the urgency of protecting ordinary people from the ongoing violence in English speaking region of Cameroon.

Gunmen who rode motorbikes and wore civilian clothes invaded a school in Kumba on Saturday and opened fire, killing eight children and injuring 12 others. Scores of children were injured while scampering to safety.

Amnesty International said, “The killing of eight schoolchildren inside their classroom is an atrocity that underscores the urgency of protecting ordinary people from the ongoing violence in Cameroon’s Anglophone regions. This horrific attack shows how badly the situation is deteriorating and we call on Cameroon’s authorities to immediately take all possible measures to protect the population.

“At least 12 other schoolchildren were injured in the attack. Over the past year there has been a surge in attacks in the Anglophone region, with many people killed, abducted or injured.

“The Cameroonian authorities must send out a strong and clear signal that such appalling crimes will not be tolerated, by immediately investigating these killings. The perpetrators must be identified, arrested, prosecuted and tried in a fair trial.

“We also call on authorities to guarantee at all times and in all places the free exercise of the right to education, which is under threat.”

Source: https://africannewstoday.com/news/cameroon-school-shooting-an-atrocity-that-underscores-the-urgency-of-protecting-ordinary-people-amnesty-international/

Re: Amnesty International: Killing Of School Children In Cameroon An Atrocity by splendour7(m): 9:36pm On Oct 26, 2020
Any Human Being Condemns That Gruesome Killing Of Innocent School Kids In Kumba...I Hope The Pepetrators Of That Dastard Act Should Be Brought To Book...Rip To The Little Children.
Re: Amnesty International: Killing Of School Children In Cameroon An Atrocity by Damikjay(m): 9:38pm On Oct 26, 2020
Dis amnesty international na to condemn only, I'm not sure dey will take actions on it.
I remembered chibok girls, I wonder wat all those girls are up to now.
I dedicate this space to chibok girls
Re: Amnesty International: Killing Of School Children In Cameroon An Atrocity by Zionmdde: 9:48pm On Oct 26, 2020
Even children some people are beasts
na wa o

(1) (Reply)

#EndSARS Attacks: There's A Limit To What I Can Do As Aare - Gani Adams / Nigeria Army Finally Admits It Deployed Soldiers To Lekki In Lagos State / I Heard Desmond Elliot Don Buy Market Whey Pass Am

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.