Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,244 members, 7,836,162 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd (59243 Views)

Lionel Messi's 10 Most Iconic Career Moments As Ranked By BBC Sports / Who Is Really Nigeria's Greatest Footballer? / Mikel Obi: Lionel Messi Is The Greatest Footballer In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by Obierika(m): 6:36pm On Oct 27, 2020
CalvinGaye:

Which World?? You Asshole

Since when did your opinion become the world's opinion? Fool!

What do you know about football sef, for you to be spewing this rubbish from that your mouth??

Bastard!

If you can't use facts to support your argument then keep quiet!
Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by Obierika(m): 6:36pm On Oct 27, 2020
CalvinGaye:

Common will you shut your Stupid mouth up.
What do you know about Ronaldo fans.
He is the BEST player of this generation and the next. Fool!

Dirty stinking bastard!

2 Likes

Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 27, 2020
Obierika:

Dirty stinking bastard!

cheesy cheesy Complete idiotic boffun

Defend the fact I presented about which of them has more int'l goals? When you don't know what else to Bring up from that your Empty rotten organ of a brain, you start talking about facts.

I repeat you are 100% a GRAND FOOL OF THE HIGHEST ORDER.

Stupid Pendejo!
Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by JIMMY1393: 6:56pm On Oct 27, 2020
dazzlingd:

Rubbish

Wetin pele play wey ronaldo and messi no play better.

Just like to hype ancient times....

Rubbish!

The GOAT battle is between ronaldo and messi..

And Ronaldo should top a reasonable list...he has conquered home and abroad.

From national team to England, to Spain and to italy...the consistent wicked record breaker and record creator.

Breaker of records, first of his name, Lord Ronaldo

This same thing you said about acient times is probably what someone will say again in like 100yrs from now when they do this list again...you didn't watch pele so don't judge
Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by Nobody: 6:57pm On Oct 27, 2020
Obierika:

Dirty stinking bastard!

You are a very Hopeless entity I tell you.

Very Stupid thing.
Just go to hell for all I care man.
Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by Ahamefuna0001(m): 7:03pm On Oct 27, 2020
The list should be in this order..
Pele Maradona Cristiano Ronaldo Ronaldo de Lima Ronaldinho Lionel Messi Zinidine Zidane Thierry Henry Platini Beckham

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by Dansuqi: 7:16pm On Oct 27, 2020
Angelfrost:
People who bring footballers close to Pele make me quite upset... Even going as far as sacrilegiously calling contemporary footballers gods, while the football legend still breathes!!!

Football was invented before the Brazilian was born... But make no mistakes, Pele invented Good Football!!!... He set the standard Messi and Ronaldo continue to copy from.

There is no room for arguments, so don't bother!!! cool

You are indeed objective

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by Nobody: 7:17pm On Oct 27, 2020
Shugargal:
Which kain World Cup? Him no even fit win am as it stands now

Just look at this Pendejo!
You just sounded very stupid.
Very very Stupid and Clueless.
But you can't do better anyways, so I understand.
Bastard!
Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by jimony30: 7:22pm On Oct 27, 2020
Remove that useless tap in r7 and put Ronaldinho there

2 Likes

Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by Nobody: 7:27pm On Oct 27, 2020
jimony30:
Remove that useless tap in r7 and put Ronaldinho there

Just look at this Orangutan.

1 Like

Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by Nobody: 7:32pm On Oct 27, 2020
paulolee:
nice list but dts what they think.....I think messi is supposed to be ontop of that list because to me he is ahead of pele..
his only fault was not winning a trophy with his country but even if he did, they would still find another way to criticize him and pls dt doesn't take anything away from our GOAT because no player came close to the agentine alien when he was at his peak days in europe not even Pele or cr7 because bk then, the media ran out of words to define him going by the countless magical nights he gave us each matchdays winning soo many big and hard matches on his own..
he made playing football look easy, made dribbling look like he is in his garden with his kids n made scoring goals looks unreal like PS game and also the awards and numbers he did shattered the records book and NO player in this generation can reach his mark in Spain or in Europe....YES I SAID SO...

sorry how old are you, am a messi fan, but u wont need to write this epistle if u saw pele play in his days. a 17yrs old boy who single handedly won the first senior World Cup for Brazil. he was described as a blessing to the game, a speed demon, an extra-terrestrial.
17yrs old messi was yet to be considered for the senior Argentina team.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by osazsky(m): 7:35pm On Oct 27, 2020
Only zedene is a complete player.he won it all
Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by mayor1814: 7:38pm On Oct 27, 2020
my top 6.
1. Messi
2. C . Ronaldo
3. Maradona
4. Pele
5. Ronaldo de lima
6. Zidane

1 Like

Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by Zoroaster: 7:39pm On Oct 27, 2020
iamloyalty:
Finally the world had acknowledge that the real GOAT is Messi above CR7.
This is common knowledge.
Anyone that says cr7 is better is delusional.

Messi is a once in a generation kind of player..
We may not see his type again for another 50 years.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by Obierika(m): 7:41pm On Oct 27, 2020
CalvinGaye:

Very Stupid thing.

Dirty stinking piece of garbage!

Stinking pile of sh1t!

1 Like

Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by Dansuqi: 7:44pm On Oct 27, 2020
Ratedgang:
There are sports ICONS and GREATS. For football it’s Pele. Golf it’s Tiger woods. Basketball it’s Michael Jordan and so on.

For golf,its jack nicklaus
Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by newisd75: 7:53pm On Oct 27, 2020
OgbeniSamm:
What a joke it is without Ronaldhino Gaucho�️
that is true, as ronaldhino had a wonderful football skill which is better 2 watch than some of those player like mercy & ronaldo

1 Like

Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by Obierika(m): 7:55pm On Oct 27, 2020
CalvinGaye:

Very Stupid thing.

You're a pitiable excuse for a human being!

Smelly scumbag!
Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by Nobody: 8:00pm On Oct 27, 2020
Where is Thiery Henry of France ,Jay Jay Okocha of Nigeria,The likes of George Weah of Liberia.Abedi Pele of Ghana?.They might not have won World cup but they are phenomenon too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by FireKing: 8:07pm On Oct 27, 2020
paulolee:
nice list but dts what they think.....I think messi is supposed to be ontop of that list because to me he is ahead of pele..
his only fault was not winning a trophy with his country but even if he did, they would still find another way to criticize him and pls dt doesn't take anything away from our GOAT because no player came close to the agentine alien when he was at his peak days in europe not even Pele or cr7 because bk then, the media ran out of words to define him going by the countless magical nights he gave us each matchdays winning soo many big and hard matches on his own..
he made playing football look easy, made dribbling look like he is in his garden with his kids n made scoring goals looks unreal like PS game and also the awards and numbers he did shattered the records book and NO player in this generation can reach his mark in Spain or in Europe....YES I SAID SO...
search ur heart and well do you really think Messi deserves some of the ballon he was given especially the season he was competing with Snider and Iniesta..... Go through history very well

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by ValeeLove(m): 8:10pm On Oct 27, 2020
dazzlingd:

Rubbish

Wetin pele play wey ronaldo and messi no play better.

Just like to hype ancient times....

Rubbish!

The GOAT battle is between ronaldo and messi..

And Ronaldo should top a reasonable list...he has conquered home and abroad.

From national team to England, to Spain and to italy...the consistent wicked record breaker and record creator.

Breaker of records, first of his name, Lord Ronaldo
without Pele there would be no Ronaldo and Messi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by dazzlingd(m): 8:11pm On Oct 27, 2020
ValeeLove:
without Pele there would be no Ronaldo and Messi

Na him born dem abi.

Or na him send them go football academy

1 Like

Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by Nobody: 8:18pm On Oct 27, 2020
Johnsinia:
Messi can do little or nothing if he play on the bad pitch Pele played then and with the weight of the ball. But yet, perform magic with the ball and score lots of goals. I know why you are rating Messi or CR7 higher is bc of ballon 'd or right. But you are not aware as of when Pele was playing there is nothing like ballon d or, if not Pele would have won 10 of it.

the maracana stadium do experienced stampede on match days cos everyone wanted to watch pele. if pele plays in this generation, he would win 20 ballon dor. dont mind this our indomie generation, pele scored 1284 career gooooooooals. can messi or ronaldo beat that?. Our ancestors had already seen the best of football, the best of both worlds. no one can replace pele still.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by ValeeLove(m): 8:20pm On Oct 27, 2020
dazzlingd:

Na him born dem abi.

Or na him send them go football academy
He paved the way for guys like them.
Without Pele football will not be a big of a sport as it is today.
Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by Johnsinia(m): 8:25pm On Oct 27, 2020
timebomb02:

the maracana stadium do experienced stampede cos everyone wanted to watch pele. if pele plays in this generation, he would win 20 ballon dor. dont mind this our indomie generation, our ancestors knows better...had already seen the best football, the best of both worlds. no one can replace pele still.
You are right brother...
Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by rossoki: 8:36pm On Oct 27, 2020
Horus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPpl4DF8_SI

Pelé ~ The Greatest Footballer Of All Time

The greatest indeed.

Great video of the great man. wink
Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by rossoki: 8:51pm On Oct 27, 2020
Yeyenairaland:
I feel that PELE dude is overrated

Bro, he is not.

I laugh when I see you guys idolizing Messi, CR2, etc over Pele.

Na young age dey do una. wink

Look, there are many games Pele played whose tapes have been lost or were not televised etc, due to the era. But make no mistake, the guy did things with the ball that not even Messi can try today. They are verifiable claims that Pele headed the ball from his box all the way to the halfway line with players chasing him. This was in Brazilian club football. He dribbled up to 10 players in a row once! He could head, run, tackle, cross, dribble. In three world cups, he was banging in goaIs in virtually ever game he played. I mean, the complete player.

If Pele was around today, he'd be an utter beast of the game. He would have even been better, because these days strikers are better protected by the refs, and can display their repertoire of skills more freely.

3 Likes

Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by atonement12: 9:13pm On Oct 27, 2020
Judolisco:
I didn't watch Pele play... But I know about Messi, the best player I've ever seen kick d ball
Tell Argentinians that mess I is better than maradona, and watch them laugh at you to scorn.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by Maobichek: 9:17pm On Oct 27, 2020
anigbajumo:

Nothing but lies, I took my time to watched his documentary bro... He is a very skillful player with a very fast dribbling ability and a good finisher which is same as Messi but he is not creative than Messi, can't dictate the game from midfield... Messi might not score a single goal in a match and still win man of the match award just with only mind-blowing final passes and how he control the game as playmaker, Messi is a goal scorer and a playmaker while pele is just a goal scorer.
Have you watched Messi play for Argentine? the same Messi who plays for Argentine is the same for Barca, Can you compare Messi in Argentina and Messi in Barca? The difference is clear OK. In Barca, Iniesta and Xavier were the engine room, if you remember South Africa World Cup, Both of them were doing the magic and David Villa was scoring the goal, Spain took the cup home, Messi played that tournerment but was not seen. In Barca, Messi is seen by many but Iniesta and Xavier were not recognize but since they both left, look at Barca, last year Barca miraculously won Atlanta but against Bayern you knew what happened. Thank God Messi is still at Barca and we all can attest Messi performance now and let us watch him till the end of the season again. Do you want to talk about age? Bayern is still with last year squad and Muller is still playing and older than all Barca players. The major problem Barca has is that you guys saw Messi to be bigger than the entire Barca and Iniesta and Xavier efforts were nothing because Messi was there. Finally, Barca already have a strong team before Messi enter, thank you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by Eryyy92: 9:18pm On Oct 27, 2020
me I so much love Pele and Ronaldinho.
I can't play professional football without writing my name on history books just as these legends did.
Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by atonement12: 9:26pm On Oct 27, 2020
dallex10:
Messi should be on #1

Pele #2 then our wonderfool Penaldo should be given the #4 position after Maradona grin grin grin
Tell Argentinians that messiI is better than maradona, and watch them laugh at you to scorn.
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Carl Ikeme's Cancer In Remission (Photo) / Ahmed Musa Builds Sport Centre In Kaduna / Ahmed Musa Buys Mercedes Benz V Class 2019 Zero KM Worth N31m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.