Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,021 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

How Come Police Stations In Nigeria Don't Have Computers? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Come Police Stations In Nigeria Don't Have Computers? (636 Views)

Unknown Gunmen Attack 2 Police Stations In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) / Nigeria Policemen Protest: "Stop Killing Us, Stop Burning Police Stations" / Nuclear Power Stations In Kogi, Akwa Ibom Can Wipe Out Nigerians, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Come Police Stations In Nigeria Don't Have Computers? by VaselineCrew: 9:35am On Oct 27, 2020
I've been to some police stations in Nigeria and did not find one single computer anywhere.

Not for their oga or for their staff!

The only things I saw running were chickens outside.

What gives? What kind of nation are we building?

1 Like

Re: How Come Police Stations In Nigeria Don't Have Computers? by Franzinni: 9:41am On Oct 27, 2020
Good business opportunity be this ...

1 Like

Re: How Come Police Stations In Nigeria Don't Have Computers? by illicit(m): 9:44am On Oct 27, 2020
They have it inside budget....

1 Like

Re: How Come Police Stations In Nigeria Don't Have Computers? by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 27, 2020
they were given, but they sold it off. Police is the worst and most corrupt public servants in Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: How Come Police Stations In Nigeria Don't Have Computers? by RomanianNinja: 9:46am On Oct 27, 2020
They employ illiterates so how can they operate a computer?

4 Likes

Re: How Come Police Stations In Nigeria Don't Have Computers? by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 27, 2020
We have Android.phones now undecided undecided undecided
Re: How Come Police Stations In Nigeria Don't Have Computers? by dododawa1: 9:47am On Oct 27, 2020
Maybe next year
Re: How Come Police Stations In Nigeria Don't Have Computers? by acenazt: 10:01am On Oct 27, 2020
VaselineCrew:
I've been to some police stations in Nigeria and did not find one single computer anywhere.

Not for their oga or for their staff!

The only things I saw running were chickens outside.

What gives? What kind of nation are we building?
are we building? This is what has been built.

1 Like

Re: How Come Police Stations In Nigeria Don't Have Computers? by psucc(m): 10:05am On Oct 27, 2020
Wetin consan aeroplane with broken bridge?
Nigeria and data management are sworn enemy, aswear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Come Police Stations In Nigeria Don't Have Computers? by VaselineCrew: 10:06am On Oct 27, 2020
acenazt:
are we building? This is what has been built.

Men so sad bro!

When you look DEEPLY at each sector of this country, it just rings you close to tears.

I wonder if our police even do mugshots and fingerprint people they arrest, but then what computer will they use to store the info?

I'm so angry at Nigeria, these are very simple things.

2 Likes

Re: How Come Police Stations In Nigeria Don't Have Computers? by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 27, 2020
grin grin
Re: How Come Police Stations In Nigeria Don't Have Computers? by akinloye19995: 11:08am On Oct 27, 2020
Good business opportunity be this ...
Re: How Come Police Stations In Nigeria Don't Have Computers? by acenazt: 6:38pm On Oct 28, 2020
VaselineCrew:

Men so sad bro!

When you look DEEPLY at each sector of this country, it just rings you close to tears.

I wonder if our police even do mugshots and fingerprint people they arrest, but then what computer will they use to store the info?

I'm so angry at Nigeria, these are very simple things.
mugshots ���
Re: How Come Police Stations In Nigeria Don't Have Computers? by GeneralStan(m): 6:58pm On Oct 28, 2020
It's so disgusting! No form sustainable database at all, that is why NPF can't account for their officers, how much more suspects and people in detention...
Unfortunately the same is the case with the correctional services, that's why I'm scared of this police promise to bring back the prisoners cuz I am certain there is no way of distinguishing them from ordinary Nigerians...
Quite pitiable!!!
Re: How Come Police Stations In Nigeria Don't Have Computers? by expliciit: 7:58pm On Oct 28, 2020
Am rolling on the floor with this your comment grin
psucc:
Wetin consan aeroplane with broken bridge?

Nigeria and data management are sworn enemy, aswear
Re: How Come Police Stations In Nigeria Don't Have Computers? by eagleu: 8:02pm On Oct 28, 2020
If they use computers and other modern tools, then they will loose money they usually collect to write a report, file the report, and retrieve the reports when needed.
And you think that the IG has never heard about computer?
Re: How Come Police Stations In Nigeria Don't Have Computers? by scribble: 8:03pm On Oct 28, 2020
To avoid yahoo among the rank and file
Re: How Come Police Stations In Nigeria Don't Have Computers? by GreyLaw(m): 8:07pm On Oct 28, 2020
Nigeria is broken. Simple and short. And it is a still a long way from being fixed. Most, and I really mean most, of the police officers are thieving criminals and crooks; murderers with government backing. At the slightest opportunity they are ready to rip you off.

It is a shame but it is the truth. I have always told people that any president who comes promising a fight against corruption without first shaking up the police from the roots, is a liar and a thief like the police. Our current president was a General in the Army. He knows all the ills of the police but turned a blind eye and decided to chase wind.

The day basic institutions like the police and army are shaken up and given a serious facelift, then and only then would life be beginning in Nigeria. Everything else is a well-planned scam.

Look at the average police station: dirty and unkempt. Sometimes you see officers tying towels around their waist and walking past the counter to and from the bathroom in broad day light. No professionalism. No nothing! And most officers behaving like touts. Sincerely, I'll just get angry writing about those people.

I have personally had nothing to do with them, but the two times I went there to report an incident in the lab where I worked, it was an eyesore.
Re: How Come Police Stations In Nigeria Don't Have Computers? by Liposure: 8:10pm On Oct 28, 2020
We operate an analog system of policing. So computer is not needed
Re: How Come Police Stations In Nigeria Don't Have Computers? by bigeliot(m): 8:20pm On Oct 28, 2020
Dpo will sell it.
Re: How Come Police Stations In Nigeria Don't Have Computers? by IamWonderful: 8:24pm On Oct 28, 2020
Who will operate them? even most government teachers can't use sophisticated phones talk more of computers
Re: How Come Police Stations In Nigeria Don't Have Computers? by IGBOSON1: 8:25pm On Oct 28, 2020
Hehehehehe grin grin grin

You’ve been watching too many Hollywood movies! wink
Re: How Come Police Stations In Nigeria Don't Have Computers? by expliciit: 8:25pm On Oct 28, 2020
The funny thing about them is that the report they collect so much money for is written in an exercise book or even a sheet of paper , I had the experience when I went to bail someone who was arrested some years back
eagleu:
If they use computers and other modern tools, then they will loose money they usually collect to write a report, file the report, and retrieve the reports when needed.
And you think that the IG has never heard about computer?

1 Like

Re: How Come Police Stations In Nigeria Don't Have Computers? by Twoclans(f): 8:41pm On Oct 28, 2020
Good question cheesy cheesy

Abeg Nigeria is allergic to data .

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Photos: So You Think You Can Ball? / Bandits May Kidnap Buhari Soon – President Mocked Over Abducted Officers / Gunmen In Army Uniform Assassinate Kogi LG Vice Chairman's Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.