Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

A Dissection Of Bb And Goodlucksambo Manifesto - Part 1 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Dissection Of Bb And Goodlucksambo Manifesto - Part 1 (4683 Views)

APC's Manifesto, Unrealistic And Full Of Deceit - PDP. / APC Manifesto Spending Plan To Cost N53trn Over Four Years - Business Day / Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Dissection Of Bb And Goodlucksambo Manifesto - Part 1 by ADJAMES: 3:36pm On Mar 10, 2011
A COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF GEN. MUHAMMADU BUHARI(CPC) AND PRESIDENT EBELEMI JONATHAN(PDP) MANIFESTOS
Nigerians are on the march again towards the election of a credible and upright individual to lead the country out of the present doom. The 9th of April, 2011 is the date and it is imperative we examine the manifestos of the two leading candidates to ascertain their viability in our quest to develop our nation. Note that I am concerned with stated manifesto agendas and not platform declarations.I shall base the comparative analysis on six critical areas, namely:
1. GOVERNANCE 2.SECURITY AND CONFICT RESOLUTN 3.ECONOMY 4.ELECTRICITY/POWER GENERATION AND INFRASTRUCTURE 5.EDUCATION 6.HEALTH
GOVERNANCE:
a.True Federalism:
BUHARI: Initiate action to amend our Constitution with a view to devolving powers, duties and responsibilities to states and local governments in order to entrench Federalism and the Federal spirit.
JONATHAN: restructuring Nigeria in the spirit of true federalism and responsible tiers of government, so as to achieve a just and equitable society. Resolving such fundamental issues as proper devolution of powers between the three tiers of government.
Verdict: Buhari’s agenda amounts to restructuring of the country and will meet the aspirations of those clamouring for effective and fiscal federalism. The Jonathan’s agenda amounts to the same old and vague sloganeering on true federalism. It is important to state that PDP and President Jonathan have been in power for 12 years without any effort at restructuring.
NOTE THAT BUHARI IS COMMITTED TO CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT TO ACHIEVE HIS AGENDA.
b.FIGHT AGAINST CORRUPTION:
BUHARI: Amend the Constitution to remove immunity from prosecution for elected officers in criminal cases. Seek to amend the Constitution to require local governments to publish their meeting minutes, service performance data and items of spending over N10M. Reform and Strengthen the Justice System for efficient administration and dispensation of justice along with the creation of special courts for accelerated hearing of corruption, drug trafficking, terrorism and similar cases of national importance. Prevent abuse of executive, legislative and public offices through greater accountability, transparency and strict enforcement of anti corruption laws.
JONATHAN: The principles of accountability and transparency in order to restore confidence in the institutions of government, discipline and leadership by example as basis for public life and personal integrity as an important moral value in the conduct of public affairs
Verdict: Buhari’s anti corruption agenda is precise, direct and imbued with adequate teeth to confront the corruption menace facing Nigeria.The Jonathan’s agenda is the usual mantra lacking in substance and enforcement.
SECURITY AND CONFLICT RESOLUTION.
a.Security:
BUHARI: Establish a well trained, adequately equipped and goals driven Serious Crime Squad to combat kidnapping, armed robbery, militants, ethno‐religious and communal clashes nationwide. Begin widespread consultations to amend the Constitution to enable States and Local Governments to employ State and Community Police to address the peculiar needs of each community. This would mean setting boundaries for Federal, State and Community Police through new Criminal Justice legislation to replace the Criminal Code, the Penal Code and the Police Act.
JONATHAN: No discernible security agenda in the manifesto of the party. Apart from paying allowances to “repented” militants, there is no constitutional measures to address the security problems facing the country.
Verdict: The Buhari’s national security programme is all encompassing considering the present crime rate in the country. The implementation of this commitment will drastically ensure the safety of lives and properties of Nigerians. There is no stated security programme by Jonathan.
b.Conflict Resolution:
BUHARI: Initiate policies to ensure that Nigerians are free to live and work in any part of the country by removing state of origin, tribe, ethnic and religious affiliations and replace those with state of residence. Establish a Conflict Resolution Commission to help prevent, mitigate and resolve civil conflicts within the polity. Bring permanent peace and solution to the Niger Delta and other conflict prone areas such as Plateau, Taraba, Bauchi, Borno and Abia states.
JONATHAN: There is no stated conflict resolution roadmap. The crisis in Jos and the militancy in Niger Delta typified the colossal failure in this regard. The sole application of carrot without the stick approach in Niger Delta is a recipe for disaster. The majority of the citizens are deprived of the benefit of their God given resources, while a few are placated with carrots to showcase a semblance of peace.
Verdict: Even the most unrepentant critic of Buhari will identify the potency of his conflict resolution agenda. It took into consideration the absence essential legal framework to tackle the numerous conflicts all over the country. The commitment to initiate policies to confront this evil is highly commendable. There is no stated commitment by Jonathan on conflict resolution in the party’s manifesto.
ECONOMY.
a.Policy Direction:
BUHARI: Maintain sound macro‐economic policy environment and run an efficient government and preserve the independence of the Central Bank. Restore financial confidence by putting in place a more robust monitoring, supervising and regulating of the financial institutions. Make Information Technology, Manufacturing, Agriculture and Entertainment key drivers of our economy.
JONATHAN: Pursuit of a strong, virile and diversified economy built to stm(?) rural urban migration through investment in modern agricultural methods. Develop a middle class driven by small business owners, professional class with access to credit. Create easy access to transferable property rights in urban and rural areas.
Verdict: The Buhari’s policy initiative on the economy is structural and in line with developmental routes navigated by developed economies to their present status. Jonathan’s policy has something good on agriculture which is a commonality with Buhari’s policy as well as plans for the middle class. But its adherence to Property owning democracy is archaic and elitist in nature. It has been discarded by developing economies because it is a creation of Bretton Woods institutions.
b.Job Creation:
BUHARI: Embark on vocational training, entrepreneurial and skills acquisition scheme for graduates along with the creation of Small Business Loan Guarantee Scheme to create at least 2 million new jobs by 2015. JONATHAN: Protect the weak and poor through initiatives that is designed to integrate them in the economy. Verdict: This is an important area and Buhari took the bull by the horn and declared an unwavering commitment to Job creation. He did not only state the number of Jobs, but the ways and means of creating the jobs. Jonathan has no visible job creation programme. This is key to youths and unemployed graduates and Buhari has put his hard earned integrity on the line. This is pure gold for the youths.
c.Action Plan:
BUHARI: Put in place a N300bn regional growth fund (average of N50bn in each geo‐political region) to be managed by the REDAs, encourage private sector enterprise and support to help places currently reliant on the public sector. Create additional middle‐class of at least 2 million new home owners by 2015 by enacting a national mortgage system that will lend at single digit interest rates for purchase of owner occupier houses.
JONATHAN: There is NO DISCERNIBLE ACTION PLAN in manifesto.
Verdict: The action plan of Buhari is overwhelming and captures the essence of micro economic development and the need for affordable housing for Nigerians. It eliminates lopsided regional growths and limit migration to big cities like Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Kaduna, Port Harcourt ,etc.
FINAL COMMENTARY:
Based on the three(3) areas analyzed so far, it is obvious that the CPC(Buhari) agenda is extremely supreme to the PDP(Jonathan) agenda. It is important that we eschew sentiments and political allegiance in casting our votes in April because the misrule of the country affects everybody. Sentiments and parochialism can not buy you cheaper petrol, cheaper homes, cheaper food, etc.
Finally, I want you ponder this: The PDP government earned an average of US$105.984Billion/annum and this amounts to US$1.271808Trillion in 12 years.

This country cannot run on goodluck…
Re: A Dissection Of Bb And Goodlucksambo Manifesto - Part 1 by Areosapien(f): 3:38pm On Mar 10, 2011
Impressive wink
Re: A Dissection Of Bb And Goodlucksambo Manifesto - Part 1 by OAM4J: 3:47pm On Mar 10, 2011
Good comparison!
Re: A Dissection Of Bb And Goodlucksambo Manifesto - Part 1 by denko(m): 4:19pm On Mar 10, 2011
you have alraedy have made up mind
Re: A Dissection Of Bb And Goodlucksambo Manifesto - Part 1 by 9ijaMan: 5:10pm On Mar 10, 2011
Good comparison/analysis.
Re: A Dissection Of Bb And Goodlucksambo Manifesto - Part 1 by Alxmyr(m): 5:18pm On Mar 10, 2011
To achieve any of Buhari's agenda, CPC must first be able to control the National Assembly, control majority of state and be ready to horsewhip the state legislative arms to submit to his majestic order. Else all he brag on are illusive.
Moreover, his brothers will never allow him to restructure the federation as he was promising.
My verdict: he need to tell us what he can do with executive power vested on the presidency and he should leave the legislative duties alone for legislators.
Re: A Dissection Of Bb And Goodlucksambo Manifesto - Part 1 by wesley80(m): 5:39pm On Mar 10, 2011
Yeah right. Is the BB team going to feed us anything more than crap?
Re: A Dissection Of Bb And Goodlucksambo Manifesto - Part 1 by 9ijaMan: 7:48pm On Mar 10, 2011
Alxmyr:

To achieve any of Buhari's agenda, CPC must first be able to control the National Assembly, control majority of state and be ready to horsewhip the state legislative arms to submit to his majestic order. Else all he brag on are illusive.
Moreover, his brothers will never allow him to restructure the federation as he was promising.
My verdict: he need to tell us what he can do with executive power vested on the presidency and he should leave the legislative duties alone for legislators.

Your assertions above are actually incorrect. It is also the duty of the executive arm of government to send bills to the national assembly. Getting the bills passed will certainly be the easier part. The National assembly as it is is filled with corrupt individuals half of whom may return back. Let's assume that bad half are all PDP, the other half will more than likely be other parties. It'll not be difficult for the executive to do whatever is necessary to ensure the passage of such bill. Some simple but effective tactics may include making it difficult for the national assembly to reject the bill by creating awareness for the masses.
You should not forget that the legislators were elected from their various constituencies and may be recalled if found wanting.
Re: A Dissection Of Bb And Goodlucksambo Manifesto - Part 1 by wesley80(m): 9:35pm On Mar 10, 2011
^^^ Are u really a Nigerian or is it that the BB brainwash has gotten so deep into u that u cant distinguish your dreams from reality? How many legislators have been recalled from the house of Assembly since 1999? How many attempts have we even had in 12yrs? Let me guess 2 or 3. Even those that spent more time in jails still manage to serve out their tenure and u sit there and talk abt recalling legislators? Seriously u should be laughing at yrself.
This whole well thot out Deceptive Manifesto is just keeping in line with Buhari's Tale's of Deceit. Imagine talking about abolishing state of Origin bla bla bla while he keeps mute abt the one thing that has ensured square pegs from obscure regions in the North are continuously put in round holes; Federal Character. Open Your Brains People!
Re: A Dissection Of Bb And Goodlucksambo Manifesto - Part 1 by 9ijaMan: 9:51pm On Mar 10, 2011
^^^Sorry dude. The reason they've not been recalled is because of the evil of corruption they (GEJ and the PDP gangsters)all perpetrate. With a man of integrity like Buhari at the helm of affairs 25% of the recurrent expenditure from our national budget will no longer go to 0.0005% of the population.
Re: A Dissection Of Bb And Goodlucksambo Manifesto - Part 1 by wesley80(m): 10:07pm On Mar 10, 2011
^^^ All hail the smart BB Campaigner that aims to take over the houses of assembly by recalling each member one after the other. One word; Dumb.
Re: A Dissection Of Bb And Goodlucksambo Manifesto - Part 1 by karlmax2: 10:30pm On Mar 10, 2011
The more they try to campaing for sai BUHARI the more they expose how ignorant and lack of ideas that is why the go about vandilizing GEJ campaing office in gombe state. Buhari and Bakari BB aka (BAD BELLE), (BUHARI BRIGADE), (Burning and Bombing) will be defeated soundly,we can see his supporters illitrates,who are carried away buy the promise of sharia! And small arms they will go burning and bombing (BB).
Re: A Dissection Of Bb And Goodlucksambo Manifesto - Part 1 by semid4lyfe(m): 10:43pm On Mar 10, 2011
wesley80:
^^^ Are u really a Nigerian or is it that the BB brainwash has gotten so deep into u that u cant distinguish your dreams from reality? How many legislators have been recalled from the house of Assembly since 1999? How many attempts have we even had in 12yrs? Let me guess 2 or 3. Even those that spent more time in jails still manage to serve out their tenure and u sit there and talk abt recalling legislators? Seriously u should be laughing at yrself.
This whole well thot out Deceptive Manifesto is just keeping in line with Buhari's Tale's of Deceit. Imagine talking about abolishing state of Origin bla bla bla while he keeps mute abt the one thing that has ensured square pegs from obscure regions in the North are continuously put in round holes; Federal Character. Open Your Brains People!

Best post on this thread
Re: A Dissection Of Bb And Goodlucksambo Manifesto - Part 1 by Udevex: 10:46pm On Mar 10, 2011
karl max:

The more they try to campaing for sai BUHARI the more they expose how ignorant and lack of ideas that is why the go about vandilizing GEJ campaing office in gombe state. Buhari and Bakari BB aka (BAD BELLE), (BUHARI BRIGADE), (Burning and Bombing) will be defeated soundly,we can see his supporters illitrates,who are carried away buy the promise of sharia! And small arms they will go burning and bombing (BB).

That is the ugly reality. Text messages are being sent all over the core-North to vote for Islam and Buhari, and not to vote for GEJ, who they call a zionist. It is completely ugly, Buhari is totally empty and all about almajiri's and rioters. In fact, Nigeria should be totally ready to deal decisively with that bunch after the elections; the gloves must come off.
Re: A Dissection Of Bb And Goodlucksambo Manifesto - Part 1 by 9ijaMan: 4:15am On Mar 11, 2011
U de vex?:

That is the ugly reality. Text messages are being sent all over the core-North to vote for Islam and Buhari, and not to vote for GEJ, who they call a zionist. It is completely ugly, Buhari is totally empty and all about almajiri's and rioters. In fact, Nigeria should be totally ready to deal decisively with that bunch after the elections; the gloves must come off.

You forgot to mention the numerous text messages which were also sent by some so called religious leaders urging Northern Christians to vote for GEJ. My friend don't throw stones if you leave in a glass house.
Re: A Dissection Of Bb And Goodlucksambo Manifesto - Part 1 by Udevex: 4:25am On Mar 11, 2011
9ijaMan:

You forgot to mention the numerous text messages which were also sent by some so called religious leaders urging Northern Christians to vote for GEJ. My friend don't throw stones if you leave in a glass house.

lol. Did those messages incite violence and almajiri uprisings? Do any such messages refer to Buhari as a Kaffir, as they do Jonathan?
How can GEJ, who is every bit as Nigerian as you and I be called a Zionist? What has Zionism got to do with Nigerian elections?

One thing I am 100% sure of is that Buhari's strategy of bigotry and firing up the Norths 10 million almajiri's is doomed to backfire in spectacular and transparent fashion. Its easy to upend bigotry. lol.

I can't wait for the day the almajiri's begin to get a proper education; on that day, Nigeria would have set her foot firmly on the path of progress and saved millions of harpless souls from gross abuse and use as expendable political tools.
Re: A Dissection Of Bb And Goodlucksambo Manifesto - Part 1 by 9ijaMan: 4:44am On Mar 11, 2011
U de vex?:

lol. Did those messages incite violence and almajiri uprisings? Do any such messages refer to Buhari as a Kaffir, as they do Jonathan?
How can GEJ, who is every bit as Nigerian as you and I be called a Zionist? What has Zionism got to do with Nigerian elections?

One thing I am 100% sure of is that Buhari's strategy of bigotry and firing up the Norths 10 million almajiri's is doomed to backfire in spectacular and transparent fashion. Its easy to upend bigotry. lol.

I can't wait for the day the almajiri's begin to get a proper education; on that day, Nigeria would have set her foot firmly on the path of progress and saved millions of harpless souls from gross abuse and use as expendable political tools.
I'm quite pleased you did not deny that text messages were sent to coarse Northern Christians to vote for Jonathan. You guys started it and now you are complaining. I told you earlier, that people who live in a glass house do not throw stones!
The content of the text message is not as relevant as the reason behind such messages. No one will be hurt f the elections are free and fair.
You refer to northerners as Almajiri and I just can't stop wondering what on earth makes you think you are any better than them. Afterall an Almajiri is currently the richest man in Africa and he creates jobs for not only his fellow Almajiri but for ilks like you.
I'll advice you to shut your trap and desist from all those ethnic and religious bigotry you have been brainwashed with.
Re: A Dissection Of Bb And Goodlucksambo Manifesto - Part 1 by Udevex: 5:09am On Mar 11, 2011
9ijaMan:

I'm quite pleased you did not deny that text messages were sent to coarse Northern Christians to vote for Jonathan. You guys started it and now you are complaining. I told you earlier, that people who live in a glass house do not throw stones!
The content of the text message is not as relevant as the reason behind such messages. No one will be hurt f the elections are free and fair.
You refer to northerners as Almajiri and I just can't stop wondering what on earth makes you think you are any better than them. Afterall an Almajiri is currently the richest man in Africa and he creates jobs for not only his fellow Almajiri but for ilks like you.
I'll advice you to shut your trap and desist from all those ethnic and religious bigotry you have been brainwashed with.

lol. Where did I call Northerners almajiri's? I didn't and would never.

As for text messages, those have been the weapons used against GEJ, even before the nasty primaries with Atiku. All we have seen is really primitive politics from the Northern elite; the only one not guilty of that nonsense is Ribadu. They could really do better.

Its funny you mention free and fair elections, whereas hoards of almajiri's are being worked into a frenzy. It is very dangerous politics that will backfire in very spectacular fashion. Do almajiri's know about free and fair elections? Dude, their thought processes are strictly binary, they exist in only two states of mind; do or die.
And when Buhari loses, they will take it as an opportunity to die. Any guesses where that will lead? . . .Maybe Buhari might just earn himself and island in the desert.

It is better to ground campaigns in issues, than in inciting text messages and Friday afternoon sermons.
Re: A Dissection Of Bb And Goodlucksambo Manifesto - Part 1 by 9ijaMan: 5:26am On Mar 11, 2011
U de vex?:

lol. Where did I call Northerners almajiri's? I didn't and would never.

As for text messages, those have been the weapons used against GEJ, even before the nasty primaries with Atiku. All we have seen is really primitive politics from the Northern elite; the only one not guilty of that nonsense is Ribadu. They could really do better.

Its funny you mention free and fair elections, whereas hoards of almajiri's are being worked into a frenzy. It is very dangerous politics that will backfire in very spectacular fashion. Do almajiri's know about free and fair elections? Dude, their thought processes are strictly binary, they exist in only two states of mind; do or die.
And when Buhari loses, they will take it as an opportunity to die. Any guesses where that will lead? . . .Maybe Buhari might just earn himself and island in the desert.

It is better to ground campaigns in issues, than in inciting text messages and Friday afternoon sermons.
I think you and your Jonathif need that advice more than his opponents. Perhaps you should tell your church leaders too to stop sending inciting text messages and stop preaching for or against any particular candidate. When you do that, then you'll be justified to call others to order.
Re: A Dissection Of Bb And Goodlucksambo Manifesto - Part 1 by PeeDaVinci: 9:53am On Mar 11, 2011
na wa ooo, the poster presented issues, but my dear nairalanders are discussing/arguing over religion and ethnicity - nt the way to think if we want to move forward. better to go back to the issues presented earlier
Re: A Dissection Of Bb And Goodlucksambo Manifesto - Part 1 by foreman: 10:23am On Mar 11, 2011
^^^

PDP people are good with ethnic and religious politics.

When their leader,GEJ, came to Ibadan, instead of telling the good Ibadan people what the PDP and his government did and will be doing for the Ibadan people, he told them Lagos has at least 50% non-Yoruba and Oyo has at least 25% non-yoruba. Can you beat that?

Their other leader OBJ promptly told Ibadan people quotetranslate "if you are not there, how are going to know how they share it" what are they sharing? your guess is as good as mine.

These guys see Nigeria as one big pie to be shared. It is not impossible that the supporters here are on paid propaganda job.

What do you expect from the followers?
Re: A Dissection Of Bb And Goodlucksambo Manifesto - Part 1 by Udevex: 10:34am On Mar 11, 2011
^
He said that because he was praising the welcoming and open nature of the SW, but it seems he underestimated the sheer volume of undereducated literate people present there that cannot understand even the simplest sentence. lol!
The same goes with the praising of the SW as highly literate and sophisticated that the likes of Tinubu somehow interpreted to mean abuse on their parents. grin grin grin

Pesin go wound wit laf o!
Re: A Dissection Of Bb And Goodlucksambo Manifesto - Part 1 by Nobody: 11:15am On Mar 11, 2011
It is one thing to articulate a robust manifesto, it is another thing to implement them. Needless to argue the BB's manifesto is armslenght better but than that of PDP. How do we guarantee actual materialization, bearing in mind that we need more beyond executive powers to get somethings done.

BB has my vote though based on my sentimental consideration of their antecedence, but I have my fears, would they win, if they win would the powers that be allow Jega's INEC to do it right,
Re: A Dissection Of Bb And Goodlucksambo Manifesto - Part 1 by deezzle(m): 11:30am On Mar 11, 2011
You guys should stop acting like the fools who want to be leaders by arousing sentiments. Let us be objective.

I wonder why anyone will want to vote for an incompetent person like GEJ who has no achievement whatsoever.

With the way our situation is, we should care less what or who or leader worships or which part of the country he is from. We should be concerned about his will and ability to change things. buhari is an achiever and with him being president, the evil cycle will be broken as a lot of all these pdp guys ensure thier escape by appointing their cronies who will watch their backs. that is what we need to stop, that is why we need a change.

compare the manifestos of both candidates and then u can decide
Re: A Dissection Of Bb And Goodlucksambo Manifesto - Part 1 by fumscofolu(f): 11:53am On Mar 11, 2011
RELIGION RELIGION RELIGION gives us a lot of problem, Buhari Bakare still is the best combination for me, truly indeed muslim and christian RELIGION wont matter this time around, our aim, a GREAT NIGERIA, needs patriotic people, people of integrity, those we cannot find corruption in their hands, not bribers, corrupt creatures, cheaters that will edge other people out from being heard so as to block their chances of winning and he (Jonathan GEJ) can look like the only option for masses to choose. (after all Jonathan and Sambo is also xtain and muslim)

Neither sharia or zionist shall happen in this country either muslim vote Buhari and christains vote Pastor Bakare neither sharia or zionist shall happen in this country but with Buhari and pastor Bakare combination, we shall have the NIGERIA OF OUR DREAMS greater and better than south Africa, Nigeria that should be the GIANT of Africa has become a country of scorn and shame because of our greedy and corrupt leaders that has wrecked this country! No wonder a Nigerian, omo yoruba ti wa ni ti wa is the one paid to tell NIGERIANS that south Africa is the GIANT OF AFRICA (Seun and Bimbo Somolu)
Re: A Dissection Of Bb And Goodlucksambo Manifesto - Part 1 by deezzle(m): 11:58am On Mar 11, 2011
I no blame the Shomolus o. At least, people wey don reach there tell us say light nor dey go(at least).
But seriously, lets take a loot at it.
What did etteh get for her mishap @ the NA? Who honored her?
What has happened to Alams?
What happened to Bode George?
What happened to the money seized from Dame by EFCC
who are the people GEJ calls friends?
Re: A Dissection Of Bb And Goodlucksambo Manifesto - Part 1 by Nobody: 12:06pm On Mar 11, 2011
deezzle:

You guys should stop acting like the fools who want to be leaders by arousing sentiments. Let us be objective.

I wonder why anyone will want to vote for an incompetent person like GEJ who has no achievement whatsoever.

With the way our situation is, we should care less what or who or leader worships or which part of the country he is from. We should be concerned about his will and ability to change things. buhari is an achiever and with him being president, the evil cycle will be broken as a lot of all these pdp guys ensure thier escape by appointing their cronies who will watch their backs. that is what we need to stop, that is why we need a change.

Decisions have been made, BB all the way for me! But we really need to mobilize more. GEJ has got nothing to offer sincerely with all these vutures scavenging under the umbrella, the umbrella is fast becoming a symbolic of destiny shade, anti-shinning, anti-manifestation, anti-progress,
Re: A Dissection Of Bb And Goodlucksambo Manifesto - Part 1 by Zechy09: 12:07pm On Mar 11, 2011
I live in the part of the world where objective criticism has to do with hailing what has been rightly done and condemning what was done in a wrong way, Immediately i read the first analysis, I just found out it was a cheap attempt at condemning GEJ, Don't get me wrong cos I am not an apologist for GEJ but I still know what is good/bad. I just saw someone put a blind eye on everything right about GEJ's manifesto and decided to CLAIM every solution from BUHARI is better.  For those that are not completely blinded by BB ticket, i will ask- Buhari commands so much respect in the north and he is an elder statesman, has he ever used his influence to settle religious crisis in the north before? How has he contributed to the education of the Amajiris in the North? How has he used his influence in the north to better Naija? Anyway i would recommend GEJ till 2015 when the race will be more competitive with the likes of Fashola, Sullivan Chime etc will come out for presidency. As for now "Clueless GEJ" should/ would continue.
Re: A Dissection Of Bb And Goodlucksambo Manifesto - Part 1 by Ibomade1: 12:54pm On Mar 11, 2011
I have read the Manifesto of PDP, CPC and ACN. As much as I like that of ACN (Ribadu) I prefer Buhari's Manifesto because it is precise and you can tell that there is no bullsh*t in it. But I am not naive so I know that winning the election will be a tall order for CPC .

It is just a shame that Nigerians cast their vote based on Political Party, Tribe and Religion of the contestant
Re: A Dissection Of Bb And Goodlucksambo Manifesto - Part 1 by Nobody: 12:57pm On Mar 11, 2011
deezzle:

Decisions have been made, BB all the way for me! But we really need to mobilize more. GEJ has got nothing to offer sincerely with all these vutures scavenging under the umbrella, the umbrella is fast becoming a symbolic of destiny shade, anti-shinning, anti-manifestation, anti-progress,
Re: A Dissection Of Bb And Goodlucksambo Manifesto - Part 1 by 9ijaMan: 1:02pm On Mar 11, 2011
Zechy09:

I live in the part of the world where objective criticism has to do with hailing what has been rightly done and condemning what was done in a wrong way,  Immediately i read the first analysis, I just found out it was a cheap attempt at condemning GEJ,  Don't get me wrong cos I am not an apologist for GEJ but I still know what is good/bad. I just saw someone put a blind eye on everything right about GEJ's manifesto and decided to CLAIM every solution from BUHARI is better.  For those that are not completely blinded by BB ticket, i will ask- Buhari commands so much respect in the north and he is an elder statesman, has he ever used his influence to settle religious crisis in the north before? How has he contributed to the education of the Amajiris in the North? How has he used his influence in the north to better Naija? Anyway i would recommend GEJ till 2015 when the race will be more competitive with the likes of Fashola, Sullivan Chime etc will come out for presidency. As for now "Clueless GEJ" should/ would continue.
You accuse people of being myopic while you exhibit the same traits. How would you in your wildest dream expect Buhari to settle the ethno-religious crisis in the north when you have a president who's supposed to be in charge of security in every nook and cranny of the nation? How would any sane person expect Buhari to resolve a crisis that is well within the purview of the presidency? Afterall GEJ set up a PAC comprising of some supposedly eminent Nigerians, why didn't he include the likes of Buhari since he is incapable of making the right decision?

You read through an analysis and the best you could do is to sentimentally blame the OP when the evidences are available for all sane minds to see. Why not go to GEJ's campaign web sight and draw your own conclusions.

In the end you recommended GEJ till 2015 yet you failed to tell us why. What has he done to deserve an extra day in Aso rock? Your failure to come up with any reasonable explanation simply shows how shallow you all GEJ apologists are.
Re: A Dissection Of Bb And Goodlucksambo Manifesto - Part 1 by rainbowman: 1:18pm On Mar 11, 2011
Mr 9ja man, you are obviously ignorant and ill informed, PDP is not the cause of Nigeria's problems, Akpanudoede, Olusegun Mimiko, Ibikunle Amosun, Ajimobu, Buba Marwa, Mohammed Abacha, Audu Ogbeh, Abike Sekibo, Timi Alaibe, Bello Masari, etc are all prominent members of the so called opposition who are all ex PDP members. Our Democracy is still developing and can best be described as being in its infant phase accordingly the ideologies of the political parties are not yet well developed, politicians defect to other parties at the slightest excuse particularly when it becomes apparent that the ambitions can not be achieved in that platform, rather than being patient and supporting their parties they choose to defect to other parties. In fact that BB manifesto was written long after the PDP manifesto had been written and was probably written by someone who had seen the PDP manifesto and opted to deceive the populace with lovely semantics which cannot be achieved. Please get your facts right about issues in Nigeria and take your idealistic, ideological and unrealistic write ups elsewhere. Nigeria is on the march to greatness, so you either join up or ship out.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do Nigerian Policemen Send Checkpoint Bribes To Their Superiors? / Fashola Calls For Increased Vigilance / Updates Of Cross River Guber Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.