Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,636 members, 7,809,391 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:40 AM

Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? (5188 Views)

Poll: who takes it?

Modenine: 72% (16 votes)
XO_Senavoe: 27% (6 votes)
This poll has ended

M.i.'s Emancipation - Should Mode9 And Ruggedman Hang Their Boots? / Germs: Mode9's Diss Trak2hiphop Sellouts Rugged N Sauce? / Among the Plantation boys, who is better lyrically? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by tosinaded(m): 5:26pm On Mar 10, 2011
Every sane rap lover on nairaland(minus: megastreet,dammiecool,tical,shotster50 ), knows Mode9 is just one dope rapper who is majorly about his bars and metaphors!

his albums and mixtapes are there as proof!

ok now, i took time out to listen to this guy, XO_SENAVOE, and i was impressed. . . .  dude is on another level!
his flows, wordplay, metaphors are just crazy!

CHECK EM OUT BELOW. . . .

TAXI MUSIC
http://www.4shared.com/audio/l74j15Tx/TAXI_MUSIC__freestyle___XO_Sen.html

THE POWER
http://www.4shared.com/audio/JaixaNrQ/The_Power__XO_Senavoe_.html

BLACKAND YELLOW
http://www.4shared.com/audio/BJJ9WA3L/XO_Senavoe__MessyMessi__Black_.html

GETTIN TO THE MONEY
http://www.4shared.com/audio/M_Q8vaP9/XO_Senavoe_-_Getting_To_The_Mo.html

C4
http://www.4shared.com/audio/1pykyNvU/XO_SENAVOE_-_C4.html

so my question is who is better? listen before commenting
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by tosinaded(m): 5:43pm On Mar 10, 2011
the power lyrics

Verse 1

If Power empowers, where the hell was Austin Powers when the fallen towers were falling on ours that morning hour?!?
Like JAG I (a)vow-er, and I, wanna devour those cowards if God allows us 24 hours - like Jack Bauer!
You know they call Voe numero uno from the continent, they already say my place is on top - like condiments (laugh)
Compliments have never made me, but I'll take the compl(e)ments and rhyme em together with any letters - call em conjugants!
If you dont know me, you'll probably Google "X.O Senavoe" right after this, and if you don't - blow me
These fluffy poodles, I eat rappers like they stroodles, only way we survived school was on pack of noodles - Indomie!
I grew up in Ghana yeah, and rep Nige-ria, so put your hands up in the air, this is gonna be our year!
The rumors is true, yeah Loopy's my crew, but who to pursue to be part of the group? I just stay low key
I spit it not just ok, Mola and Ovie, ain't it crazy how through the bloody maze I Wade like Roe v.
And the haters wane (Wayne) like Dwayne, you see our 'World's are so 'Different', I don't explain how I live mine, I just live it!
Put if I pick it up, I'm in it; And if I'm in it, I will win it; Michael Jordan in an NBA Final - I win it!
My momma passed when I was packing, so in passing when I'm packing, stop and think of how Momma passed and her passion!
And her fashion! And her actions like always dashing to her knees for God's direction and compassion
That's why for me giving up's never been an option, I throw the wind to caution, and put shit up for adoption
I'm "Cirque du Soleil" with every rhyme, my simplest lines got u pressing rewind 'til you hit exhaustion!
This beat is in a Hearse, I never (just) spit a verse, flip nouns verbs and words, lyrical contortion!

Chorus/Hook:

No time for Jagaga, I be my Baba son
X.O no yawa - we got The Power
Koko ni koko, u gots to know your own koko
Make u no follow follow - you got The Power!

No time for basabasa, na me be Papa son
E no be small tin ooo, we got The Power
Koko ni kono, na u dey drive your own motor oh
No Idikoko - you got The Power!

Verse 2

Baba God gave us the power, even simple words have power - Ask Obama or Osama, Bob Okala or Osuofia
One word can create Hiroshima, obliterate Utopia - The lyrical Okocha, scoot over lemme coach ya!
(X.O!)
I bet you read they callin me a legend already, Black and well re(a)d like Krueger Freddy, shreddin' up beats into confetti
They jelly/jellies - I'm Napalm! And now they palms are so sweaty way I'm steady cooking these classics like Raekwon (The Chef!)
My connect is Kid Konnect, we connected since day 1
We got the "P", no Master P, but we go make dem say - "Urrgghhhhh!!"
No token Sammy Davis, the greats are sayin' that I'm The Greatest, a Grammy shoe-in like laces - amazing like saving grace is
Everything I spit's acidic, basic niggus get your litmus
And to the Peters, Johns, James and Lebrons: Go out and "WITNESS"!
And let the people know my flow's on top of the pinnacle
Mercy Johnson's my centerfold, she calls me XO Senavoe (Senavoe)
Rap circles 'til Steve Urkels fall like Jericho
So tell em blohd claattt's (blood clots) they hatin' in vein - like varicose
No I don't do beef - you know the meat they killed TuPac over
All I do is me from Bolgantaga down to Abgoba
Punchlines so sick!! They been known to make you lose you lunch over
My verses (verse is) so bloody, angels pass over like its Passover!
And y'all know that NEPA will never put on the power, when politicians rake in cheddar selling us cheap ass generators
Its like they hate us (Ayyyyy), but WE are the ones who make us, no Mobutu Sesesekous, Idi Amins can never break us!
So take this!
I took the power in my own hands, I chose to make the most of God's gifts and be my own man
No jagajaga, basabasa, Mom I can feel you smiling proud, shining like the sun down on your son
And Pops'ee too - i know it's true
He said - 'Always believe in you, chisel your dreams with wrenches, pliers and hammers, tighten your screws'
I call em "The Power Tools'!
And you can do it too! Never let losers and doubters fool you into believin you through
You've got The Power too!

Chorus/Hook:

No time for Jagaga, I be my Baba son
X.O no yawa - we got The Power
No time for basabasa, na me be Papa son
E no be small tin ooo, we got The Power (2x)

"I dedicate this to my mom"
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by Mobinga: 6:14pm On Mar 10, 2011
What tha hell! This dude is the end-time! Wow!
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by tosinaded(m): 6:20pm On Mar 10, 2011
and evrything am spitting shakes my peers like othello shocked - black and yellow    (othello by william shakespear) grin

Wetin I no fit do? Find me on the Oleku remix with Ice faster than Kanye ‘Runaway’ from that Pheonix/And on the beat, I’m like a T-Rex/I dine ‘n soar (dinosaur) – higher than Whitney Houston’s voice when she’s me in a v-neck - black and yellow
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by Bamsyle2(m): 6:37pm On Mar 10, 2011
Aaww s[i]h[/i]it!

Dang, dude's dope . . . heard bout him before but just didn't pay him at-10-shun . . . gotta listen some more before I come with ma analogy.
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by tosinaded(m): 6:38pm On Mar 10, 2011
All of my girls are dimes, I call em ‘sub-woofs’/

U always with ‘em 1s, just like the swine flu/

H1N1, get it? Cool/ When pigs fly, I will rap… Swine flew!

- taxi music
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by tosinaded(m): 6:43pm On Mar 10, 2011
i rock more stones in my office, ask reggie. . and when i appear(appiah) ladies go gaga ask Jackie, or genevieve Nnaji am just a fan, i dnt no her(nouah) ask Ramsey grin
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by tosinaded(m): 6:51pm On Mar 10, 2011
ask olisa, beat like inter milan, black and blue.
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by tosinaded(m): 6:53pm On Mar 10, 2011
Overachiever, while y'all do little like Eliza  -   (Eliza Doolittle from Charles Dickens)
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by tosinaded(m): 6:57pm On Mar 10, 2011
This is the Genesis! Be-lieve it took us (Leviticus) this long to Exodus? Forever/
A dude to run on me (Deuteronomy) for Numbers? Never!” (First 5 bible books)
“I’m playing chess with God’s talents, while checking out mates/
It’s (I’m) like a time machine, the way I be turning down dates - victory
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by tosinaded(m): 7:04pm On Mar 10, 2011
heads will roll, lorena bobbit grin
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by tosinaded(m): 7:09pm On Mar 10, 2011
And when your girl's blowing you kisses, she's actually saying my name, X.O/Say it again, X.O grin grin XOXO geddit?
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by dawhizkid1(m): 8:27pm On Mar 10, 2011
I actually Made this Comparision on twitter like a month ago. . . And Fazillion no let me hear word!

IMHO, X.O is A better lyricist, bt he doesn't have enuff materials. . . So d question of how Consistent he is/ will be come to the fore. One.
PS: I didn't say Mode isn't dope. . . He is.(@ Modestans)
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by tical(m): 9:02pm On Mar 10, 2011
choi! Xo senavoe is a lyrical beast! He is the best lyricist Hands down!!!! When MI said XO is his best lyricist sumtym ago,I didnt take him serious. I thot It was jst another hype,
Dayuuum!!!!!

Gawd! This is lyricism @ its best unlike people who kip throwin sublimes, battlin invisible foes nd creating controversies. 40 yrs old wiv no new conceptual flows. .they r tired. .they shuld jst retire undecided nobody download their free mixtapes anymore undecided there r better rappers/lyricists everywhere now undecided

Me I luv this XO guy die grin grin grin grin He is a breath of fresh air on d lyrical side cool abeg tosin post more of his joints grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by semid4lyfe(m): 9:57pm On Mar 10, 2011
I haven't listened to the audio but reading the posted lyrics, I gats say I'm impressed cool

Obviously the guy is well read and his knowledge is very vast. E be like se Modenine don get serious competition grin
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by dawhizkid1(m): 10:27pm On Mar 10, 2011
semid4lyfe:

I haven't listened to the audio but reading the posted lyrics, I gats say I'm impressed cool

Obviously the guy is well read and his knowledge is very vast. E be like se Modenine don get serious competition grin

The guy was/is a Lawyer 0. He knw book die. He rhyme wit everytin, from Religion to Sport to books to Politics to anything, just name it. Plus i heard he is 'unofficially a Choc Boy'. . . Whatever that Means. .
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by BabaEleko(m): 2:02am On Mar 11, 2011
tical:

choi! Xo senavoe is a lyrical beast! He is the best lyricist Hands down!!!! When MI said XO is his best lyricist sumtym ago,I didnt take him serious. I thot It was jst another hype, 
Dayuuum!!!!!

Gawd! This is lyricism @ its best unlike people who kip throwin sublimes, battlin invisible foes nd creating controversies. 40 yrs old wiv no new conceptual flows. .they r tired. .they shuld jst retire undecided nobody download their free mixtapes anymore undecided there r better rappers/lyricists everywhere now undecided

Me I luv this XO guy die grin grin grin grin He is a breath of fresh air on d lyrical side cool abeg tosin post more of his joints grin grin grin grin grin

[size=16pt]You can'd be better, wiser or even go farther than your father. Birds of the same feather. Oloriburuku omo baba weere![/size]
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by shotster50(m): 2:40am On Mar 11, 2011
XO is a beast. I doff my hat for that Dude,  That guy is going places,  I have had Power on replay for a couple of months now. All these old backside rappers should be afraid oh this one nobi Shikena Shikena levels ohh.
I think it is a little bit too early to start comparing him and Mode 9 though, 

It is actually reassuring to know that every once in a while, Tosin listens to good music ,  I was beginning to question your tastes in music  grin grin grin
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by 04kaa: 9:03am On Mar 11, 2011
[size=18pt]there is something u people are missing about X-o, his flow and voice is somehow weak,,,,he raps like a puppet , am not questioning his knowledge ,wordplay or metas, but his flow sounds somehow, he muddles up too many words and forces too many things, too much disconnected knowledge and lines that do not link ,   he also doesnt have enuff materials yet like fazillion said, but he is lyrically good no doubt.
a high number of his lines are very questionable , the same lines like i solo like isolo and kuku dankwa,
[/size] embarassed embarassed

take a look at this
I spit it not just ok, Mola and Ovie, ain't it crazy how through the bloody maze I Wade like Roe v.  -FORCED!
And the haters wane (Wayne) like Dwayne-FORCED !
i rock more stones in my office, ask reggie. . and when i appear(appiah) ladies go gaga ask Jackie FORCED!
One word can create Hiroshima, obliterate Utopia - The lyrical Okocha, scoot over lemme coach ya!--TOTALLY DISJOINTED?!
My connect is Kid Konnect, we connected since day 1??    ( WTF , THIS IS A BIT WACK !)

Rap circles 'til Steve Urkels fall like Jericho   FORCED !
No jagajaga, basabasa, Mom I can feel you smiling proud, shining like the sun down on your son   WTF IS NO JAGAJAGA BASABASA? ?
So tell em blohd claattt's (blood clots) they hatin' in vein - like varicose   DOPE !

My verses (verse is) so bloody, angels pass over like its Passover!    FORCED AND DISCONNECTED!
no Mobutu Sesesekous, Idi Amins can never break us!,   WACK BECOZ IT WAS FORCED. ! I DISLIKE THE ''NO HOMO , NO MOBUTU RHYMES,

i want u guys to take me on this first,
this is what i noticed or is it just me ?
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by tosinaded(m): 10:30am On Mar 11, 2011
U may say his flows and voice are weak. . But me i see it as CONFIDENT! He dsnt av to emphasize or shout, it justs oozes out wiv ease.

@shotster
ur opinion abt me is ur choice mehn!
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by tical(m): 10:31am On Mar 11, 2011
04kaa:

[size=18pt]there is something u people are missing about X-o, his flow and voice is somehow weak,,,,he raps like a puppet , am not questioning his knowledge ,wordplay or metas, but his flow sounds somehow, he muddles up too many words and forces too many things, too much disconnected knowledge and lines that do not link ,   he also doesnt have enuff materials yet like fazillion said, but he is lyrically good no doubt.
a high number of his lines are very questionable , the same lines like i solo like isolo and kuku dankwa,

take a look at this
I spit it not just ok, Mola and Ovie, ain't it crazy how through the bloody maze I Wade like Roe v.  -FORCED!
i rock more stones in my office, ask reggie. . and when i appear(appiah) ladies go gaga ask Jackie FORCED!
One word can create Hiroshima, obliterate Utopia - The lyrical Okocha, scoot over lemme coach ya!--TOTALLY DISJOINTED?!
My connect is Kid Konnect, we connected since day 1??    ( WTF , THIS IS A BIT WACK !)

No jagajaga, basabasa, Mom I can feel you smiling proud, shining like the sun down on your son   WTF IS NO JAGAJAGA BASABASA? ?
So tell em blohd claattt's (blood clots) they hatin' in vein - like varicose   DOPE !

My verses (verse is) so bloody, angels pass over like its Passover!    FORCED AND DISCONNECTED!
no Mobutu Sesesekous, Idi Amins can never break us!,   WACK BECOZ IT WAS FORCED. ! I DISLIKE THE ''NO HOMO , NO MOBUTU RHYMES,

Yes! Its just u!!! angry angry Datz just XO unique style of flow unlike som people who scream ova tracks lyk KRS1 nd stole jay z style of flow to better their delivery lately but stil sounds suck! grin grin grin grin grin undecided

U r talkin abt forced ryhmes. .those punches r not forced.i no knw d kind ear wey u get Its obvious dat d flows u call disjointed pass ur head
grin grin grin grin grin

who uses more forced punches than mode9 in hip hop? undecided

Feel my pain/lyk skinny chics in labour - mode9 grin grin grin grin wtf? Punchline na by force? undecided

Dude, Do ur homework well b4 coming here to criticise a good body of work undecided cool
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by 04kaa: 10:40am On Mar 11, 2011
tical:

Yes! Its just u!!! angry angry Datz just XO unique style of flow unlike som people who scream ova tracks lyk KRS1 nd stole jay z style of flow to better their delivery lately but stil sounds suck! grin grin grin grin grin undecided

U r talkin abt forced ryhmes. .those punches r not forced.i no knw d kind ear wey u get Its obvious dat d flows u call disjointed pass your head
grin grin grin grin grin

who uses more forced punches than mode9 in hip hop? undecided

Feel my pain/lyk skinny chics in labour - mode9 grin grin grin grin wtf? Punchline na by force? undecided

this is the problem wit u nairalanders, i am not comparing x-0 and mode 9 at all , i am just pointing out his weakness as a hiphop listener,
.tical i have not insulted u o, what do u mean by ''dude do your homework''?  which homework na assignment be dis lol
omo trust me u dont want none of that nonsense wit me
, just face the comment and weaknesses i noticed and dont throw anything at me, or else, u go hear am o grin grin i no send person papa message o

am not saying his flow is not unique, i applaud his level of knowledge  but he sounds so ordinary to me by forcing too many words to punchline by force.bite me

tosinaded@:

U may say his flows and voice are weak. . But me i see it as CONFIDENT!

well its good that tosinodeda unlike tical agrees that his flow and voice is weak, x-o skips a lot on beat, he doesnt rhyme on beats properly, that is a minus for any hiphop head. especially when u have an array of dopes that dont follow rhythm. i think he should work on that very well. his lines are just too lenghty on his bars. it should be concise, short and unforced.! i want u guys to tackle me on this.!

where is dbr , bjmighty and ibime, real heads come and listen and comment o, not kids wey never reach puberty like mobinga and tical grin grin
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by rapjunkie(m): 11:03am On Mar 11, 2011
Modenine has well over 200 joints. 99.5% of them with mad word play and punchlines.

XO dey try. . .  but hes an unproven upstart. How many tracks has he dropped? the guy is mad slow. damn!  Even if you give a re*tard 6 months to write 32 bars, he will write sick lines
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by javalove(m): 11:33am On Mar 11, 2011
THIS HAS GOT TO BE THE BEST THREAD ON NL THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!!

FUKK IT MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

this guy is dope and I'm downloading the audios straight away, then come back wiv ma analysis!!!!!!

this is real competition. . .this is wwhat I v been screaming!!!!

KICK KNOWLEDGE!!!! KICK KNWLEDGE ON THE MIC AND I WUD LIVE AND HYPE YOU TILL DEATH!!!!!!

UNLIKE SOME STWPID FOOLISH HEADWARMER ROCKING WRAPPERS SCREAMING "NA ME BE THE VULCANISER, NA ME DEY OVERHAUL AM, ,BLA BLA BLA"

Now I go get anoda naija artiste tracks for my lappy asides Modenine and MI

[size=18pt]#Javalove. . .unless otherwise stated. . .![/size]
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by BabaEleko(m): 1:21pm On Mar 11, 2011
[size=14pt]@Tosin I gotta admit like most of the peeps on here. I dl his tracks and read about him but i think its too early for you to start making any comparison between Mode and dude. I mean mode is far ahead of dude career wise even everything right now. Maybe a comparison debate will be cool later.[/size]
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by 04kaa: 1:51pm On Mar 11, 2011
Baba_Eleko:

[size=14pt]@Tosin I gotta admit like most of the peeps on here. I dl his tracks and read about him but i think its too early for you to start making any comparison between Mode and dude. I mean mode is far ahead of dude career wise even everything right now. Maybe a comparison debate will be cool later.[/size]

baba eko, thats not even the point, the point is that x-o is good, but he has a lotta work to do, especially on delivery , his bars are too long and lenghty, too many forced punchlines, na by force to use punchline??
these are the basic elements of hiphop which anybody should know, dont get it twisted dude spits knowledge but just a lil work will be good for him. unfortunately these online fools will not allow him to see where he needs to improve by overhyping him. unnneccesarily
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by Ibime(m): 2:47pm On Mar 11, 2011
If it sounds as good as it looks, Ill say he's the messiah. . .but make I hear am first. . .get back to you next week.
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by 04kaa: 3:07pm On Mar 11, 2011
Ibime:

If it sounds as good as it looks, Ill say he's the messiah. . .but make I hear am first. . .get back to you next week.

next week ?? grin grin
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by shotster50(m): 4:04pm On Mar 11, 2011
04kaa:

take a look at this

Granted he isn't the finished product yet, with time this dude can only get better,

I'd rather listen to Power, C4, etc to Champagne and Rum cool cool
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by tosinaded(m): 4:27pm On Mar 11, 2011
What is too early? Me am comparing talent and not the number of albums or years in the game!

By ur analysis, biggie shldnt even be talked about when nodenine is metiond!
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by rapjunkie(m): 4:45pm On Mar 11, 2011
tosin. . . tell me the name of XO's album?. biggie had 2 and the second was a double album. . . .
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by shotster50(m): 5:19pm On Mar 11, 2011
rapjunkie:

tosin. . . tell me the name of XO's album?. biggie had 2 and the second was a double album. . . .

Ace.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Have You Ever Wondered About The Story Behind The Song, 'some Nights' By Fun? / Latest Nigerian Gospel Party Mix By DJ Ebis / How to Get Individual Sponsorship For Music

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.