Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,471 members, 7,816,117 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? (5190 Views)

Poll: who takes it?

Modenine: 72% (16 votes)
XO_Senavoe: 27% (6 votes)
This poll has ended

M.i.'s Emancipation - Should Mode9 And Ruggedman Hang Their Boots? / Germs: Mode9's Diss Trak2hiphop Sellouts Rugged N Sauce? / Among the Plantation boys, who is better lyrically? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by 04kaa: 5:36pm On Mar 11, 2011
lol tosinodeda dont turn urself into a public clown , a lotta hiphop heads will finish u wit the same myopic comparism
tosinaded@:

What is too early? Me am comparing talent and not the number of albums or years in the game!

By your analysis, biggie shldnt even be talked about when modenine is metiond!
biggie smalls had over 60 songs, i have all of them on my laptop .so dont be dumb.

@rapjunkie and shotster
me am not even talking of number of materials, am talking about his puppet flows. and too much forcing of knowledge and punchlines. grin grin
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by tosinaded(m): 6:03pm On Mar 11, 2011
I made an analogy! Modeys works and biggie's works. . . .
Modenine has more dnt mean he's better. .
Get the point out of the analogy and stop making noise ofoka. .

I was simply driving home a point abt talent and not the number of tracks
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by BabaEleko(m): 6:40pm On Mar 11, 2011
@o4Ka, From ur post I can tell u r a true hip hop head. U spoke wat exactly I just came here to do. Thumbs up. Bjmighty my very sure man told me u one of d cool dude in dis forum n u just confirmed that. I'll add to wat u've said soon. Ill be right back. Am a lil busy now.
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by BabaEleko(m): 6:51pm On Mar 11, 2011
Even some of his lines kinda sound like MI co-wrote it with him. Please, listen to him well n carefully n get my point before u start using me to 50-ja year fada's name.
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by tosinaded(m): 7:41pm On Mar 11, 2011
Lmao. . . How does any1 tel who wrote a line?
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by BabaEleko(m): 8:44pm On Mar 11, 2011
@o4ka I, am here now. In support of your knowledgeable analysis on dude. Yes! He spits fiyaa knowledge. Yes! Yes!! Yes!! Some of the lines makes u stare at d ceiling for a minute but he got a problem trying to over play words. I think he can do better if he can be "himself" like he said he is and not force "Goat to give birth to elephant". I mean there are too many force wordplay if peeps can really listen. Some of his word plays don't just fit together and he is too quick to go off topic all in a bid to word play. I have hope in him and i think he can do better only if he doesn't allow himself to be over hyped like MI. MI will not get any better if he keep listening to those "twitter-rats" (twitterers).  grin

Now on flow, bro needs work on his flow or delivery too. Peeps can say thats his style and style na style but menh, delivery and style is the first thing to notice in any rap song before what knowledge u kicking. Speaking of delivery, DMX and The Game are very good example of great deliverymen that i can think of right now. He can do better than that style or delivery or whatever u call it. And like i said b4, comparing XO to mode is just too premature abeg. And even if anybody want to compare talent abeg make una no even go there ATALL. Mode 9 kick more knowledge than your "Social studies teacher" abeg. XO is good but i can't even think of attempting to plan to want to compare him with mode9. I mean Mode 9 is a hiphop teacher. From the album cover to the title to track name to the bars to the hook, Mode 9 teaches whoever cares to listen!

@Tosin, nice thread but abeg no make pple rugged-eedris hiphop head like u with that comparison nahhh. haba. U should and i knw u knw beta nah. wink cheesy
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by semid4lyfe(m): 9:45pm On Mar 11, 2011
Baba_Eleko:
@o4ka I, am here now. In support of your knowledgeable analysis on dude. Yes! He spits fiyaa knowledge. Yes! Yes!! Yes!! Some of the lines makes u stare at d ceiling for a minute but he got a problem trying to over play words. I think he can do better if he can be "himself" like he said he is and not force "Goat to give birth to elephant". I mean there are too many force wordplay if peeps can really listen. Some of his word plays don't just fit together and he is too quick to go off topic all in a bid to word play. I have hope in him and i think he can do better only if he doesn't allow himself to be over hyped like MI. MI will not get any better if he keep listening to those "twitter-rats" (twitterers). Grin

Now on flow, bro needs work on his flow or delivery too. Peeps can say thats his style and style na style but menh, delivery and style is the first thing to notice in any rap song before what knowledge u kicking. Speaking of delivery, DMX and The Game are very good example of great deliverymen that i can think of right now. He can do better than that style or delivery or whatever u call it. And like i said b4, comparing XO to mode is just too premature abeg. And even if anybody want to compare talent abeg make una no even go there ATALL. Mode 9 kick more knowledge than your "Social studies teacher" abeg. XO is good but i can't even think of attempting to plan to want to compare him with mode9. I mean Mode 9 is a hiphop teacher. From the album cover to the title to track name to the bars to the hook, Mode 9 teaches whoever cares to listen!

@Tosin, nice thread but abeg no make pple rugged-eedris hiphop head like u with that comparison nahhh. haba. U should and i knw u knw beta nah. Wink Cheesy

This lengthy post and yet you didn't post anything different or add to what o4kaa posted. . . SMH lipsrsealed
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by Ibime(m): 12:41am On Mar 12, 2011
Sorry, this dude is a more amateur version of Chino XL.

No hate, compared to most Nigerian rappers, he's the bomb, but I wont place him above Mode, MI or even Sauce Kid

Overdose of punchlines, 90% of which are forced.

He has good flow, but overdoes the "bedroom voice".

If he curtails his excesses, he can be the top man.

As it is, I cant listen to more than three tracks in a row. . . . just like Chino XL!

Mode 9 remains the main man.
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by BabaEleko(m): 2:44am On Mar 12, 2011
semid4lyfe:

This lengthy post and yet you didn't post anything different or add to what o4kaa posted. . . SMH lipsrsealed

OK
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by McCoy91(m): 5:00am On Mar 12, 2011
semid4lyfe:

LOL!! Very funny
@OP, lyrically XO hangs with Modey and OD. Dude's red hot. I never really looked at the points O4kaa made before he made them and yeah, now it makes sense. Modey, tho is still the king. Only wish he'd cut out the 'self-rap' a bit. Too much of it.
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by Fred87(m): 1:38pm On Mar 12, 2011
monitoring poll closely.eeezz
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by 04kaa: 9:03am On Mar 14, 2011
McCoy91:

LOL!! Very funny
@OP, lyrically XO hangs with Modey and OD. Dude's red hot. I never really looked at the points O4kaa made before he made them and yeah, now it makes sense. Modey, tho is still the king. Only wish he'd cut out the 'self-rap' a bit. Too much of it.

well guys i have been away all weekend, however i still maintain that x-o is lyrically sound, but all i need him to do is to pipe low on the over forcing of punchlines and he should twicth that bedroom voice up, that voice is not good for nigerian /american hiphop, but knowledge wise nobody can question x-o, let him just take to the advice and the sky is the limit, take this as an advice from a ''hardcore nigerian hiphop head who wants to see improvement.'' cool
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by DBR: 9:39am On Mar 14, 2011
Errrmmm. .XO. .ermmm. .dude aiyte.
Compare wit M9. .not just yet! But start by comparing him wit V.E.C 1st,. .
talkin' bout hangin' wit OD and Modey, Mode aint even in d same lyrical zone wit OD. .
scratch that, he aint in d same lyrical zone wit nobody. .Y'all need to go listen to Malcom iX again.
The cohesiveness of his barz. .d 'seemlessness". .and that way years ago!

Senovoe is a nascent lyrical dude no doubt, flow is cool, but still needs some tunnin' and tonnin' here and there.
Needs to shed some weight on the 'forced' punchlines approach.

Its different when u have bright lines, and when u set out to deliberately create them.
The former sound believable and in sync, the latter sounds forced.

XO has the lyrical buddin' genes to be d next in line to receive d mantle from Nine. .
but for now. .no need to even put it in vote, cos nobody touchin' Dr. Ninestein.

PS: i tot pple said M.i is lyrically beta than M9, so y not compare X.O and M.i #JustWonderin

oNe
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by 04kaa: 11:53am On Mar 14, 2011
DBR:

PS: i tot pple said M.i is lyrically beta than M9, so y not compare X.O and M.i #JustWonderin

oNe

in which country ?? grin grin
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by DBR: 12:06pm On Mar 14, 2011
@Ofokality

u kno nau. .pple alwayz get carried away with "new" acts.
im sure u rememba threadz and comments that says M.i is more lyrical when he 1st dropd.

Its just d wayz of those who dont know ishhh bout poetry. .thinkin if u do multies and
u can  weave flowery words tgeda, howbeit forcefully. .u automatically take d label of a lyricist. grin

oNe
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by slimshay(m): 12:25pm On Mar 14, 2011
Jus wondering, why folks just like disrespecting M9 with every new act that comes on with 'lyrics'. undecided
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by BabaEleko(m): 1:38pm On Mar 14, 2011
DBR:

Errrmmm. .XO. .ermmm. .dude aiyte.
Compare wit M9. .not just yet! But start by comparing him wit V.E.C 1st,. .
talkin' bout hangin' wit OD and Modey, Mode aint even in d same lyrical zone wit OD. .
scratch that, he aint in d same lyrical zone wit nobody. .Y'all need to go listen to Malcom iX again.
The cohesiveness of his barz. .d 'seemlessness". .and that way years ago!

Senovoe is a nascent lyrical dude no doubt, flow is cool, but still needs some tunnin' and tonnin' here and there.
Needs to shed some weight on the 'forced' punchlines approach.

Its different when u have bright lines, and when u set out to deliberately create them.
The former sound believable and in sync, the latter sounds forced.

XO has the lyrical buddin' genes to be d next in line to receive d mantle from Nine. .
but for now. .no need to even put it in vote, cos nobody touchin' Dr. Ninestein.

oNe

Where u con dey since. Threads like this need correct pple like u nah
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by javalove(m): 2:26pm On Mar 15, 2011
Okay. . lets do this. . .!

First and foremost, XOXO is dope. . .no doubt

Thing is, I have listened to his tracks and I still can not find the basis of comparison with optimus9, i mean lyrically. I like his lines and as some heads have already said, he is trying too hard to make lines punch  grin One thing that will work for him wella is his brilliance which undoubtedly reflects in his music. He is well read and uses happenings around him to make up lyrics. I like Taxi Music the most. . .

UnLike most heads here, i have not problems with his voice. . .

Now when we say 9 is better, its the ease at which he does it. . .the way he plays with words without sounding desperate to impress. . .the kinds of things he wordplay with. . .his references and all that. . . Mode is an embodiment of many things. He might not be the richest amongst rappers but even the ones boasting about Msc can't match his lyrical prowess. Mode kicks maddd knowledge on the mic and I sometimes marvel at how one person go carry all dat kind brain. Asides punchy's, he had ideas to work. Contradiction is one track i'm still waiting for any african dead or alive to match. Its a goal, Elbow room and other tracks will stand modo out anyday anytime.

@Tosin

When heads say he needs to dish out more tracks before we compare him with 9, they are right. Its not easy to be consistent in spitting dope lyrics except it lives in you. MI dropped one of the best rap albums in TAI, and see what he did with MI2. , crap in my opinion. Some rappers lose lyrical steam after a few tracks so lets hope xoxo's is not one of them

It's the rap Jeffery Archer, reciting from a flame scroll. . ./
Poisoned arrow in my palm, I make it RAIN BOWS. . ./

You want a live show. . .? Hit me up on Gmail. . ./
I do this for the HEADS but I pay attention to de-TAILS. . ./

-Modenine (Word Spinner - Golen Era Guvera, New Era Mandela Mixtape)

I have spoken. . . grin

#Javalove. . .unless otherwise stated. . .!
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by swaggapee: 2:35pm On Mar 15, 2011
javalove:

He might not be the richest amongst rappers but even the ones boasting about Msc can't match his lyrical prowess.

gbam
javalove:

Its not easy to be consistent in spitting dope lyrics except it lives in you. MI dropped one of the best rap albums in TAI, and see what he did with MI2. , crap in my opinion. Some rappers lose lyrical steam after a few tracks so lets hope xoxo's is not one of them

gbam
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by shotster50(m): 1:47am On Mar 17, 2011
There is room for X.O to grow, This dude isnt even signed on any label yet and we are already having comparisons, Hopefully he will not burn out like some other rappers out there.
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by BabaEleko(m): 3:18am On Mar 17, 2011
shotster50:

There is room for X.O to grow, This dude isnt even signed on any label yet and we are already having comparisons, Hopefully he will not burn out like some other rappers out there.

Hope so too. Hope someway can get this thread link across to him.
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by swaggapee: 8:20am On Mar 17, 2011
shotster50:

There is room for X.O to grow, This dude isnt even signed on any label yet

must he be on a label to succeed?, is modenine on any label apart from his own label, this shotster guy is dumber than i thot.jeez
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by shotster50(m): 12:06am On Mar 18, 2011
Posted by: swaggapee
must he be on a label to succeed?, is modenine on any label apart from his own label, this shotster guy is dumber than i thot.jeez

Keep talking, who knows someday you'll say something intelligent!
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by mikuz(m): 2:09am On Mar 18, 2011
The guy's dope buh to compare him with modie? Nah em no reach at all!
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by Slyr0x: 10:24am On May 06, 2011
Funny how, X.O. read this thread.

Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by javalove(m): 12:06pm On May 06, 2011
Na wa for naija artistes sef. . .what is heated about this debate. . .everyone agreed he still has room for improvements. . .comparing him with modenine is playing poker with a fortune teller's tyro cards. . .

#Javalove. . .unless otherwise stated. . .!
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by rapjunkie(m): 2:28pm On May 06, 2011
X.O should just wipe his tears wit a fuking tissue. . . . . cry cry cry cry grin grin grin grin
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by rapjunkie(m): 3:02pm On May 06, 2011
X.O should just wipe his tears wit a fuking tissue. . . . . cry cry cry cry grin grin grin grin
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by DBR: 6:16pm On May 06, 2011
There's nothin heated bout this nau . .
Plus X.O shudnt feel like he's been slept on here. .
His knowledge base is applauded. .and yea he's lyrical. .
All we just sayin is that he aint better than M9.
But he's sm1 to watch out for. . kapish!

oNe
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by shotster50(m): 11:40pm On May 06, 2011
Siege Mentality, . . . .? ? ?
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by 04kaa: 10:25am On May 09, 2011
ibime:

Sorry, this dude is a more amateur version of Chino XL.

No hate, compared to most Nigerian rappers, he's the bomb, but I wont place him above Mode, MI or even Sauce Kid

Overdose of punchlines, 90% of which are forced.

He has good flow, but overdoes the "bedroom voice".

If he curtails his excesses, he can be the top man.
lol, i have been waiting patiently for ibime's opinion. 

@crowd
i am waiting for illegal music 2 ,, its been long we heard good hiphop music in naija.
Re: Xo_senavoe Vs Mode9 :::::: Who Is Lyrically Better? by Bamsyle2(m): 9:32am On May 10, 2011
There's nutin heated here, this na primaries compared to what peops did to AQ in another thread . . . grin

It's a simple discussion . . . XO dope?? Yeah.

Compared to Modenine?? Nah . . . DBR mentioned MI, me even thinks he's better compared to someone like Magnito, that's another dope MC.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Latest Nigerian Gospel Party Mix By DJ Ebis / Ruggedman - Banging Video / Uchenna Agina, Reportedly Shot And Killed In Chicago.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.