Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,375 members, 7,954,521 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:04 PM

Lekki Shootings: Death Toll Not More Than Two – Governor Abiodun - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekki Shootings: Death Toll Not More Than Two – Governor Abiodun (29719 Views)

Lekki Shootings: Top US Officials Storm Aso Rock / Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina / Rihanna Reacts To Lekki Shootings, voices support for ENDSARS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekki Shootings: Death Toll Not More Than Two – Governor Abiodun by Toks2008(m): 7:55pm On Oct 27, 2020
Moferere:
So, two precious souls are not valuable?

These people are very unfortunate

Not just them but the cross section of Nigerians which shows our lack of regard for human lives.

Imagine how they try to downplay what happened by the number of deaths recorded. What a shame, we have blood sucking beasts as leaders.
Re: Lekki Shootings: Death Toll Not More Than Two – Governor Abiodun by Starz825(m): 7:56pm On Oct 27, 2020
ATEAMS:
So many years of education yet nobody ever taught us how to love ourselves and why it’s so important.
God already did, but the problem is we will never listen

1 Like

Re: Lekki Shootings: Death Toll Not More Than Two – Governor Abiodun by dederocs(m): 7:56pm On Oct 27, 2020
Nigerians stop the exxageration, no need, excess violence will consume us all, bloggers stop peddling fake news for traffiic and sensationalism. we must be focused.
https://www.nairaland.com/6210240/endsars-im-not-dead-lady

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lekki Shootings: Death Toll Not More Than Two – Governor Abiodun by Skain(m): 8:00pm On Oct 27, 2020
Na so your neck long reach? All the way from Abeokuta.
Re: Lekki Shootings: Death Toll Not More Than Two – Governor Abiodun by jpworld(m): 8:01pm On Oct 27, 2020
Midas01:
Did you include the ones whose bodies soldiers went away with and hid or buried?

Don't worry, US, UK and EU are all interested in this case and when they are ready for you idiots, no stone will be left unturned and all the perpetrators will be brought to book.

Also, what about all the missing people who were last seen at the lekki toll gate before the shooting, they suddenly vanished?

These fools must think they're in 1920. If these people can deny something the whole world saw with overwhelming proof, then I wonder what they must've done during the civil war and in the north east that they're hiding.

The first picture, 3 of them have accident a day b4 the shooting.

The second picture was a movie scene.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lekki Shootings: Death Toll Not More Than Two – Governor Abiodun by Lagoon0: 8:02pm On Oct 27, 2020
mike3rickz:
very true.. we are just exacerbating the whole issue
So the bodies the army took away were spaghetti abi?
Re: Lekki Shootings: Death Toll Not More Than Two – Governor Abiodun by ivolt: 8:03pm On Oct 27, 2020
Even the 2 weren't killed by bullets. One of them mobbed by peaceful protesters for the reason best known to them.
Re: Lekki Shootings: Death Toll Not More Than Two – Governor Abiodun by Drone95(m): 8:03pm On Oct 27, 2020
The last time I checked, Dapo Abiodun is Ogun state governor not the new Lagos state spokesman. But wait Dapo Abiodun na copy cat, he always copy Lagos state in all things. He can't use his own discretion kankan!
Re: Lekki Shootings: Death Toll Not More Than Two – Governor Abiodun by ivolt: 8:04pm On Oct 27, 2020
Nkwazemakennyj:

Please if u have nothing to say just FEM

What we know is that they shot at innocent protestants and lives where lost. so dont just go there and please stop acting as if you don't have regards on those lives lost
Nobody died from the shooting. Why were you guys claiming massacre when there were no deaths?
Re: Lekki Shootings: Death Toll Not More Than Two – Governor Abiodun by Lagoon0: 8:05pm On Oct 27, 2020
OlujobaSamuel:
Lol, these fools usually think we are the fools, not knowing that they are the foolish ones.
The person he is referring to (DJ Switch) at no time never mentioned 70 or 100persons, she said 15.
Since the state also claimed no life was lost, then turned around to claim 1 plus another 1, can they at least release the CCTV footage of the shootings that is in their care?
Or probably the footage is even having upto 200 as casualties, maybe that is why they are scared of releasing it to avoid a 2nd round of anger from the populace.
Instead they're discovering new camera grin
The truth will come out last last
Re: Lekki Shootings: Death Toll Not More Than Two – Governor Abiodun by Lagoon0: 8:07pm On Oct 27, 2020
ivolt:
Even the 2 weren't killed by bullets. One of them mobbed by peaceful protesters for the reason best known to them.
We saw dead bodies being carried on that very day. But you're denying it fear God. I guess it should close to ten.

The one hour video I watched. Most of the people who remained were street niggers there is no way their local parent would report to the governor
Re: Lekki Shootings: Death Toll Not More Than Two – Governor Abiodun by lexy2014: 8:08pm On Oct 27, 2020
gaius01:
Arrrrrrrh

What's a charade facts! undecided

From the above, the news seems charade than true to me. I disagree they went to every hospital or morgue to verified. Welcome to Nigeria where people are paid welfare fee and they will do ¼ of the money given to them. There's high possibility he send few lazy and selfish convour to check few hospital if truly they went to check.

Certainity is lack in this news, that's why he's using these words "I don't think".

“That night, we started going round to all the hospitals around Lekki, Ikoyi and the Island; we went to all the morgues; called for people who have missing corpse to come and report."

D sitting governor of a state left his state to help d governor of another state to inspect mortuary. Is he now a staff of d governor of Lagos State?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lekki Shootings: Death Toll Not More Than Two – Governor Abiodun by Nobody: 8:10pm On Oct 27, 2020
vanbonattel:
Even if it's just one person, can you replace the person?

The whole soldiers should be arrested and paraded through the streets of Lagos like common criminals.

Don't mind them.
Re: Lekki Shootings: Death Toll Not More Than Two – Governor Abiodun by lexy2014: 8:10pm On Oct 27, 2020
ivolt:

Nobody died from the shooting. Why were you guys claiming massacre when there were no deaths?
U are saying "nobody died from the shooting". But ogun state governor is saying two people died. How did u do ur own census?
Re: Lekki Shootings: Death Toll Not More Than Two – Governor Abiodun by Born2Breed(f): 8:10pm On Oct 27, 2020
What is dapo?
Re: Lekki Shootings: Death Toll Not More Than Two – Governor Abiodun by prigoz(m): 8:11pm On Oct 27, 2020
vanbonattel:
Even if it's just one person, can you replace the person?

The whole soldiers should be arrested and paraded through the streets of Lagos like common criminals.
How about their commander?
Re: Lekki Shootings: Death Toll Not More Than Two – Governor Abiodun by lexy2014: 8:11pm On Oct 27, 2020
dederocs:
Nigerians stop the exxageration, no need, excess violence will consume us all, bloggers stop peddling fake news for traffiic and sensationalism. we must be focused.
https://www.nairaland.com/6210240/endsars-im-not-dead-lady

“That night, we started going round to all the hospitals around Lekki, Ikoyi and the Island; we went to all the morgues; called for people who have missing corpse to come and report."

D sitting governor of a state left his state to help d governor of another state to inspect mortuary. Is he now a staff of d governor of Lagos State?
Re: Lekki Shootings: Death Toll Not More Than Two – Governor Abiodun by SmartyPants(m): 8:12pm On Oct 27, 2020
Bar1941:
How did you know Mr Aproko? Have you relocated your state secretariat to Lekki? Some times these people need to just keep quiet rather than provoking the people unnecessarily.

Why not read and see that he joined Governor Sanwo Olu on this tour?
Re: Lekki Shootings: Death Toll Not More Than Two – Governor Abiodun by lexy2014: 8:13pm On Oct 27, 2020
Commentor:

You don't want to accept.

In your heart you really wish people died.

I beg help me out. So the sitting governor of a state left his state to help d governor of another state to inspect mortuary. Is he now a staff of d governor of Lagos State?
Re: Lekki Shootings: Death Toll Not More Than Two – Governor Abiodun by Chachangi: 8:14pm On Oct 27, 2020
Soldiers allegedly took away corpse. Why don’t you ask them if they did and how many?
Re: Lekki Shootings: Death Toll Not More Than Two – Governor Abiodun by lexy2014: 8:14pm On Oct 27, 2020
SmartyPants:

Why not read and see that he joined Governor Sanwo Olu on this tour?

Pls read again. He didn't say anything about tour.

Re: Lekki Shootings: Death Toll Not More Than Two – Governor Abiodun by vanbonattel: 8:15pm On Oct 27, 2020
prigoz:

How about their commander?

S O Bello?
Re: Lekki Shootings: Death Toll Not More Than Two – Governor Abiodun by Ayotemide(f): 8:15pm On Oct 27, 2020
Gwan2:
I never posted on any of my social media pages about the endsars protest, not because I wasn’t in sympathy with protesters but because of their myopic reason for the agitation. Yes, the protest started as endsars after several derogatory rep noorts about the sars people. My displeasure was why keep a protest of such magnitude as just endsars, endpolice brutality with little or no publicity or protest against the major and fundamental problem...BAD GOVERNANCE, CORRUPTION, NEPOTISTIC AND MEDIOCRE APPOINTMENTS in government parastatals. which birth the unprofessionalism in sars. how could you narrow a movement of such magnitude to endsars. All over western media it was about Nigerians protesting against police brutality instead of bad and corrupt governance . Even the corrupt Nigerian politicians were supporting the endsars movement instead of being in hiding because of possible jungle justice on them by the youth. Trust me, it was an opportunity to make the government sit up and paint a bad picture of governance in Nigeria in its entirety to the world even if they know already, but we threw it away. Well, we may have another chance to right it and have a movement of such momentum but it will take a long time because the corrupt elites or cabals will not be this complacent to be beaten twice.

Your opinion was clearly not missed in the Endsars agitation. There are no professional 'protesters', no professional protests, simply put: there is no syllabus on how to protest. So it is best to say you can begin your ideal protests as you deem convenient.

It's the audacity for me, coming to a thread where a worthless leader disputes how many were killed to give your opinion on 'what we should have done'. The damned audacity.
Re: Lekki Shootings: Death Toll Not More Than Two – Governor Abiodun by juniorade: 8:16pm On Oct 27, 2020
So dose 2 na chicken abi no b human being den be, infact i dnt knw hw i share country wit dis jokers
Re: Lekki Shootings: Death Toll Not More Than Two – Governor Abiodun by Commentor: 8:17pm On Oct 27, 2020
lexy2014:

I beg help me out. So the sitting governor of a state left his state to help d governor of another state to inspect mortuary. Is he now a staff of d governor of Lagos State?

The word "we" connotes the team.

Come on, you can do better than this.

What exactly is wrong with you guys?

Are you condemned to misery?

Is life all about complaining?
Re: Lekki Shootings: Death Toll Not More Than Two – Governor Abiodun by SmartyPants(m): 8:17pm On Oct 27, 2020
lexy2014:

Pls read again. He didn't say anything about tour.

Lol... What is your understanding of the word tour? Somebody said he went round all the hospitals on Lekki, Ikoyi and the Island and you arguing that he didn't use the word tour?
Re: Lekki Shootings: Death Toll Not More Than Two – Governor Abiodun by OlujobaSamuel: 8:21pm On Oct 27, 2020
MondayOsunbor:

MILITARY SHOT INTO A CROWD WITH AUTOMATIC WEAPON AND KILLED ONLY TWO PEOPLE?

HOW MANY SHOT WAS FIRED
?

I AM TIRED OF THESE COVID-19 INDOMIE HIDING GOVERNORS
Maybe the protesters dey use otumokpo or bulletproof vest. If a single stray shot from the police has been killing since ages, I wonder what would happen to aimed rapid shots but the army within close proximity to the targeted victims
Re: Lekki Shootings: Death Toll Not More Than Two – Governor Abiodun by lexy2014: 8:22pm On Oct 27, 2020
Commentor:

The word "we" connotes the team.

Come on, you can do better than this.

What exactly is wrong with you guys?

Are you condemned to misery?

Is life all about complaining?

Which team? How did he become part of d team? Who and who are d other members of d team?
Re: Lekki Shootings: Death Toll Not More Than Two – Governor Abiodun by elganzar(m): 8:22pm On Oct 27, 2020
godfatherx:
This one is a different type of idiot!
After agreeing with labour, he still refused to pay N30k minimum wage.
All roads in the state are bad.
You can't boast of a straight stretch of1kilometre of road without portholes in the whole state.
He doesn't have 1 achievement since he became governor.

I live in Abeokuta, Olorunsogo to be precise _ reduce your volume you're exaggerating smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lekki Shootings: Death Toll Not More Than Two – Governor Abiodun by Commentor: 8:25pm On Oct 27, 2020
lexy2014:

Which team? How did he become part of d team? Who and who are d other members of d team?

Some of you are ridiculous.

He's a party man whose state abuts the limits of Lagos.

What affects Lagos affects the state he governs and you are asking such otiose questions.
Re: Lekki Shootings: Death Toll Not More Than Two – Governor Abiodun by lexy2014: 8:27pm On Oct 27, 2020
Commentor:

Some of you are ridiculous.

He's a party man whose state abuts the limits of Lagos.

What affects Lagos affects the state he governs and you are asking such otiose questions.

U are even more ridiculous because ur argument is baseless. How does what happened in lekki affect ogun state that d governor of ogun state had to abandon his state duties to come and be inspecting mortuary at night? Does sanwo-olu not have staff that can inspect mortuary?
Re: Lekki Shootings: Death Toll Not More Than Two – Governor Abiodun by Commentor: 8:29pm On Oct 27, 2020
lexy2014:

U are even more ridiculous because ur argument is baseless. How does what happened in lekki affect ogun state that d governor of ogun state had to abandon his state duties to come and be inspecting mortuo at night? Does sanwo-olu not have staff that can inspect mortuary?

Do you understand what a team is?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Police Arrest Ekiti APC Leader, Others For Robbery / Speaker Yakubu Dogara Visits Bauchi (photos) / President Buhari Participates At Nigeria's 62nd Independence Ceremony (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.