Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,788 members, 7,820,761 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

Niger, Benin, Togo Pay Nigeria N2.04bn Electricity Bill - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger, Benin, Togo Pay Nigeria N2.04bn Electricity Bill (20900 Views)

Cameroon, Niger, Benin Citizens Lament Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria / 77 Oil Companies Owing Nigeria N2.659trn Unremitted Funds - NEITI / Court Orders Forfeiture Of N1.04bn Traced To Patience Jonathan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger, Benin, Togo Pay Nigeria N2.04bn Electricity Bill by prodigiousman(m): 9:46am On Oct 28, 2020
lawrenzooo:

Birnin Kebbi (Kebbi State) enjoys at least 18 hours of electricity per day. Sokoto is slightly lower around 16 hours or there about. Abi na only north dey get electricity?
seriously
Re: Niger, Benin, Togo Pay Nigeria N2.04bn Electricity Bill by Pedro334(m): 9:46am On Oct 28, 2020
And when i was introduced to address the disunited nation general assembly ,I started by telling them to stand up to welcome the virgin prostitute but to my greatest surprise the tables and chairs started clapping their hands...long live Nigerians for we have shown through our actions last few weeks that there's nothing we can't do .
Re: Niger, Benin, Togo Pay Nigeria N2.04bn Electricity Bill by Utibe96: 9:48am On Oct 28, 2020
lindareep:
Yet, no accountability... SMH sad
Biko DM me , Enlargement gel is available
enlargement for watin
Re: Niger, Benin, Togo Pay Nigeria N2.04bn Electricity Bill by Ustec: 9:50am On Oct 28, 2020
saucespecies:
If this money is utilise correctly on Nigeria power sector there will be great positive change.

How a country that don't have steady power supply sell electricity to neighboring country is still a mystery.

Surely positive change is coming.
You know nothing.
Re: Niger, Benin, Togo Pay Nigeria N2.04bn Electricity Bill by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 28, 2020
Kyase:
paid
Their consumption rate is way below Nigeria, 500MW will be enough for their entire population
Haba! hope you don't believe that lie.

Those countries have industries too and they use far more than that.

The same way our government will process palliatives for the "poor" only to store them in warehouses, is the same way they don't make electricity available to make lives easier and better for the people.

Nigeria is a failed british experiment.
Re: Niger, Benin, Togo Pay Nigeria N2.04bn Electricity Bill by Omezif(m): 9:55am On Oct 28, 2020
Our goverment is not clear on why charity begins at home.
Re: Niger, Benin, Togo Pay Nigeria N2.04bn Electricity Bill by lindareep: 10:00am On Oct 28, 2020
Utibe96:

enlargement for watin

Cucumber wink
Re: Niger, Benin, Togo Pay Nigeria N2.04bn Electricity Bill by herrlekan(m): 10:00am On Oct 28, 2020
IMAliyu:
To the lot of you confused about why Nigeria gives electricity to these countries. The answer is simple, the river Niger.
It is part of our agreement with them. They don't damn the river and cut us off and we give them electricity instead.

That is what most of them don't realize. If Niger republic decides to dam the Niger river, Kainji Dam is doom forever. This is because there won't be enough water to go through the turbines that generate electricity.

Secondly, the distribution companies rejects electricity generated by the GENCOS most times because they don't have enough capacities to distribute the electricity supplied to the consumers. Majority of the DISCO are not investing in capacities building, all they are after is making money without investing.

2 Likes

Re: Niger, Benin, Togo Pay Nigeria N2.04bn Electricity Bill by Kyase(m): 10:05am On Oct 28, 2020
omotomki:
Many people don't know what you just said.Nigeria need to produce more electricity to have constant electricity. A small population (country) would not need to consume much and thus have enough for 24 hrs .So this small countries can have constant electricity because they are small and pay Nigeria to get it.

quote author=Kyase post=95421459]paid
Their consumption rate is way below Nigeria, 500MW will be enough for their entire population
You have said it all.

1 Like

Re: Niger, Benin, Togo Pay Nigeria N2.04bn Electricity Bill by Olabamiji509: 10:09am On Oct 28, 2020
Undevelop still they sponsor develop country.ajeh this nigeria na scam.
Re: Niger, Benin, Togo Pay Nigeria N2.04bn Electricity Bill by Goodman247: 10:12am On Oct 28, 2020
Nigeria is a very foolish country, Nigeria never feed himself with power, he dey feed other countries.
Re: Niger, Benin, Togo Pay Nigeria N2.04bn Electricity Bill by Nobody: 10:12am On Oct 28, 2020
tfelicityk:
This countries enjoyed constant electricty...

In fact, majority of our leaders appointed/commissioned to be in affairs of all this resources are cursed... May them never enjoy what they labor with their grandchildren children and their present children. Aameen

They still enslaved and deprived us of what we paid for, including our tax directly and indirectly.

Togo electricity access rate 28%
Benin electricity access rate 32%
Niger electricity access rate 14%
Nigeria electricity access rate 53%

Percentage of population
Re: Niger, Benin, Togo Pay Nigeria N2.04bn Electricity Bill by MartinsD12(m): 10:17am On Oct 28, 2020
Omoslim26:

It depends on your area there are some places where light full ground like san san

Am talking on general terms not selective terms
Re: Niger, Benin, Togo Pay Nigeria N2.04bn Electricity Bill by euniselfyahoo: 10:19am On Oct 28, 2020
The Nigerians are suffering because of lack of power supply. Yet, those countries are enjoying the light 247. How can this country be develop when there is no steady light.
Re: Niger, Benin, Togo Pay Nigeria N2.04bn Electricity Bill by Omoslim26: 10:21am On Oct 28, 2020
MartinsD12:
Am talking on general terms not selective terms
Baba here in Ogudu estate we enjoy light like almost 24hrs

1 Like

Re: Niger, Benin, Togo Pay Nigeria N2.04bn Electricity Bill by joe120120(m): 10:26am On Oct 28, 2020
Re: Niger, Benin, Togo Pay Nigeria N2.04bn Electricity Bill by Lifesnatcher(m): 10:34am On Oct 28, 2020
It's a shame that other countries are the ones enjoying our light,why we Nigerians are walloping in darkness. embarassed embarassed
Re: Niger, Benin, Togo Pay Nigeria N2.04bn Electricity Bill by proprince(m): 10:35am On Oct 28, 2020
I stayed in Benin for years and with stable electricity.

Does it make sense that Nigeria who supplies the electricity to them doesnt have electricity?

Who did this to us.
Re: Niger, Benin, Togo Pay Nigeria N2.04bn Electricity Bill by destinyakwa: 10:40am On Oct 28, 2020
What a doom country
Re: Niger, Benin, Togo Pay Nigeria N2.04bn Electricity Bill by hekkyboi: 10:49am On Oct 28, 2020
lindareep:
Yet, no accountability... SMH sad
Biko DM me , Enlargement gel is available
Biko what are we enlarging? Electric bill or electricity itself?
Re: Niger, Benin, Togo Pay Nigeria N2.04bn Electricity Bill by faithfull18(f): 10:50am On Oct 28, 2020
saucespecies:
If this money is utilise correctly on Nigeria power sector there will be great positive change.

How a country that don't have steady power supply sell electricity to neighboring country is still a mystery.

Surely positive change is coming.
They not only sell, they sell on credit.
Re: Niger, Benin, Togo Pay Nigeria N2.04bn Electricity Bill by lindareep: 10:51am On Oct 28, 2020
hekkyboi:

Biko what are we enlarging? Electric bill or electricity itself?

Carrot wink
Re: Niger, Benin, Togo Pay Nigeria N2.04bn Electricity Bill by Nobody: 10:55am On Oct 28, 2020
proprince:

Does it make sense that Nigeria who supplies the electricity to them doesnt have electricity?

Who did this to us.

What they do in Benin is concentrate power supply on a few places, and leave other part out.

28% of the population of Benin havr access to power. Most parts dont have access to power

In Nigeria we try to give power to everyone beyond our capability. Thats part of the reason why we dont have power 24/7

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger, Benin, Togo Pay Nigeria N2.04bn Electricity Bill by Nobody: 10:56am On Oct 28, 2020
Lifesnatcher:
It's a shame that other countries are the ones enjoying our light,why we Nigerians are walloping in darkness. embarassed embarassed

Benin, togo and Niger have large parts of their countries without power whatsoever.

1 Like

Re: Niger, Benin, Togo Pay Nigeria N2.04bn Electricity Bill by hekkyboi: 10:57am On Oct 28, 2020
fmcjunior:
I have a friend who went to study in Benin. She said all the places she's been to in Benin are better than most places here in Nigeria in terms of electricity. It's so sad that we supply them but our power is epileptic. Now I know it's the fake slawormir. You're not good at impersonating.
at all. the impersonator is not giving me the kind of lyrics I get from the realest niggarrrrrr SLAWOMIR
By the way, where is SLAWOMIR?
Re: Niger, Benin, Togo Pay Nigeria N2.04bn Electricity Bill by Nobody: 10:59am On Oct 28, 2020
Kyase:
paid
Which one is consumption rate again below Nigeria, you consume according to your population, so why do Nigeria supply them electricity or gas for electricity since investors are complaining, citizens are complaining.
badagry close to seme border no light for years but cross to beniné Republic border everywhere electricity..
So many foriegn investors has flee to neighboring west African countries like Ghana, Togo etc because of steady electricity..
Re: Niger, Benin, Togo Pay Nigeria N2.04bn Electricity Bill by hekkyboi: 11:00am On Oct 28, 2020
morikee:

Real Niggar what happened to your old account my G.
that moniker is impersonating, that's not the real niggarrrrrr
Re: Niger, Benin, Togo Pay Nigeria N2.04bn Electricity Bill by fmcjunior(m): 11:06am On Oct 28, 2020
grin
hekkyboi:

at all. the impersonator is not giving me the kind of lyrics I get from the realest niggarrrrrr SLAWOMIR
grin
hekkyboi:

Man dey bomb. lol
Re: Niger, Benin, Togo Pay Nigeria N2.04bn Electricity Bill by Nobody: 11:07am On Oct 28, 2020
omotomki:
Many people don't know what you just said.Nigeria need to produce more electricity to have constant electricity. A small population (country) would not need to consume much and thus have enough for 24 hrs .So this small countries can have constant electricity because they are small and pay Nigeria to get it.

quote author=Kyase post=95421459]paid
Lie, who told you 500 mw is enough..
Re: Niger, Benin, Togo Pay Nigeria N2.04bn Electricity Bill by Kyase(m): 11:10am On Oct 28, 2020
onyechez:

Which one is consumption rate again below Nigeria, you consume according to your population, so why do Nigeria supply them electricity or gas for electricity since investors are complaining, citizens are complaining.
badagry close to seme border no light for years but cross to beniné Republic border everywhere electricity..
So many foriegn investors has flee to neighboring west African countries like Ghana, Togo etc because of steady electricity..

Una go just open mouth dey yearn rubbish.
Which investor go leave Nigeria to those countries, leaving behind this huge market.

See I hate nonsense

1 Like

Re: Niger, Benin, Togo Pay Nigeria N2.04bn Electricity Bill by MansoryMX(m): 11:10am On Oct 28, 2020
proprince:

Who did this to us.

The North did this to us! Some places in North enjoys constant power supply in case you don’t know. I have traveled almost all the North State so I know what I am saying. Nigeria needs to break up for everyone to make us of their potentials and natural resources to enable them all have a better life and enjoy all the basic amenities citizens are suppose to enjoy by rights. Call me a tribalist but this is the bitter truth. Nigeria needs to break into 4 or 5 individual nations.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gbajabiamila: Naira Scarcity Part Of Rigging Plot Against Tinubu / Elumelu & Jariwafa Bank Sign Agreement, Buhari & King Of Morocco Witness It / How I Was Put In Same Cage I Urinated In For 2 Days —man Detained By CCT Chair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.