Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,499 members, 7,954,912 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:20 PM

Niger, Benin, Togo Pay Nigeria N2.04bn Electricity Bill - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger, Benin, Togo Pay Nigeria N2.04bn Electricity Bill (21064 Views)

Nigerians Paid ₦1.04bn Ransom To Kidnappers In One Year – SBM Intelligence / Cameroon, Niger, Benin Citizens Lament Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria / 77 Oil Companies Owing Nigeria N2.659trn Unremitted Funds - NEITI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger, Benin, Togo Pay Nigeria N2.04bn Electricity Bill by Nobody: 11:13am On Oct 28, 2020
MansoryMX:

The North did this to us! Some places in North enjoys constant power supply in case you don’t know. I have traveled almost all the North State so I know what I am saying. Nigeria needs to break up for everyone to make us of their potentials and natural resources to enable them all have a better life and enjoy all the basic amenities citizens are suppose to enjoy by rights.

The reason why we have bad power is simple

We manufacture power at 53 naira per kwh and sell at 28 naira per kwh.

Think about it.

As for the North, most parts of the North dont have steady power. Some do.
Re: Niger, Benin, Togo Pay Nigeria N2.04bn Electricity Bill by MansoryMX(m): 11:17am On Oct 28, 2020
PhiliptheArab:

The reason why we have bad power is simple

We manufacture power at 53 naira per kwh and sell at 28 naira per kwh.

Think about it.

As for the North, most parts of the North dont have steady power. Some do.

That is what they told you, that is what they want you to read in the paper, that is what they want you to know while they sell the electricity to other neighboring countries.
Re: Niger, Benin, Togo Pay Nigeria N2.04bn Electricity Bill by Okoroawusa: 11:19am On Oct 28, 2020
sinistermind:
Why do i feel this figure is under reported 2 billion naira from 3 countries in a quarter ? Ikeja Electric makes 3 times of this money monthly.
Population under Ikeja Electric is 3 times that of the 3 countries.
Also in those countries not everyone has electricity but under Ikeja Electric every house is connected.
Re: Niger, Benin, Togo Pay Nigeria N2.04bn Electricity Bill by Nobody: 11:19am On Oct 28, 2020
MansoryMX:

That is what they told you, that is what they want you to read in the paper, that is what they want you to know while they sell the electricity to other neighboring countries.

Maybe, but the fact is, there is also a report from pricewaterhouse coopers which makes the same points i do and more.

Google for it

The summary of the report is simple. We have been running our power sector at a loss.
Re: Niger, Benin, Togo Pay Nigeria N2.04bn Electricity Bill by Ebuka78: 11:22am On Oct 28, 2020
Chikarata2020:
Country wet dey give others electricity no even get up to 6 hours electricity per day. This country dey upside down
I am among the people that gave you share. You comment shows that you don't know anything about business. I wasn't disappointed when I saw about 54+ people that like your comment because I know many claim they went to school but can't put their experiences to good use.

We need to sell so as to gain.

Brain: Your mum own a supermarket store. If you keep consuming products in the store, one day there will be no money to buy or restock the store.

I hope that I gave a valid idea. You can now think rightly as from today before making a comment.

2 Likes

Re: Niger, Benin, Togo Pay Nigeria N2.04bn Electricity Bill by sunkieisland(m): 11:42am On Oct 28, 2020
I live in Benin Republic at the moment and when I pay electricity bills, I pay it with joy knowing that I will enjoy what I'm paying for.

The shameful thing is that my country generates this electricity for Benin Republic but don't enjoy it because of a certain percentage of people (less that 5%) have decided to make the nation a living hell for some other people.

We cannot progress as a nation if we don't have power and business owners have to generate their own power amidst the really high cost of running businesses in Nigeria, then we're going no where.
Re: Niger, Benin, Togo Pay Nigeria N2.04bn Electricity Bill by Burgerlomo: 12:32pm On Oct 28, 2020
olawalepopoola:

Those countries de get light ooo

Uninterrupted light and the so called country Naija who's supplying them are in almost total darkness.
Re: Niger, Benin, Togo Pay Nigeria N2.04bn Electricity Bill by Kheeng1: 12:45pm On Oct 28, 2020
Re: Niger, Benin, Togo Pay Nigeria N2.04bn Electricity Bill by gwama2: 1:00pm On Oct 28, 2020
How funny, these countries import electricity from Nigeria, but do not experience power cuts as in Nigeria, the wealth of Nigeria is a curse for this country. cool cool cool
Re: Niger, Benin, Togo Pay Nigeria N2.04bn Electricity Bill by Mazigabriel(m): 4:21pm On Oct 28, 2020
lindareep:
Yet, no accountability... SMH sad
Biko DM me , Enlargement gel is available
does the gel really work
Re: Niger, Benin, Togo Pay Nigeria N2.04bn Electricity Bill by lindareep: 4:37pm On Oct 28, 2020
Mazigabriel:
does the gel really work
Yes it does, but you have to be consistent...
Re: Niger, Benin, Togo Pay Nigeria N2.04bn Electricity Bill by Mazigabriel(m): 4:50pm On Oct 28, 2020
lindareep:

Yes it does, but you have to be consistent...
How do you mean by Consistent
Re: Niger, Benin, Togo Pay Nigeria N2.04bn Electricity Bill by lindareep: 5:04pm On Oct 28, 2020
Mazigabriel:
How do you mean by Consistent
Use as instructed
Re: Niger, Benin, Togo Pay Nigeria N2.04bn Electricity Bill by Chikarata2020(m): 6:48pm On Oct 28, 2020
lawrenzooo:

Birnin Kebbi (Kebbi State) enjoys at least 18 hours of electricity per day. Sokoto is slightly lower around 16 hours or there about. Abi na only north dey get electricity?
It mean say North dey enjoy wella, here for east if u see up to 8hrs a day u no say na christmas
Re: Niger, Benin, Togo Pay Nigeria N2.04bn Electricity Bill by Mazigabriel(m): 10:12pm On Oct 28, 2020
lindareep:
Use as instructed
The Price
Re: Niger, Benin, Togo Pay Nigeria N2.04bn Electricity Bill by lindareep: 10:18pm On Oct 28, 2020
Mazigabriel:
The Price
Re: Niger, Benin, Togo Pay Nigeria N2.04bn Electricity Bill by Digitalcreator(m): 10:20pm On Oct 28, 2020
The government of Nigeria wants to kill every of their citizens. Meenn the heart of man wicked
Re: Niger, Benin, Togo Pay Nigeria N2.04bn Electricity Bill by Mazigabriel(m): 10:22pm On Oct 28, 2020
lindareep:
can we chat through Facebook so we can discuss properly. Facebook name : Mazi Yellowstone Gabriel
Re: Niger, Benin, Togo Pay Nigeria N2.04bn Electricity Bill by yommen: 10:27pm On Oct 28, 2020
lindareep:
Yet, no accountability... SMH sad

Biko DM me , Enlargement gel is available

That figure na lie. That amount is far lower compared to what a disco in Nigeria makes a month.
Re: Niger, Benin, Togo Pay Nigeria N2.04bn Electricity Bill by OgaTheTop2: 11:01pm On Oct 28, 2020
Chikarata2020:
Country wet dey give others electricity no even get up to 6 hours electricity per day. This country dey upside down
Our electricity being sold to other countries. Height of priority misplacement and national slavery..
Re: Niger, Benin, Togo Pay Nigeria N2.04bn Electricity Bill by OgaTheTop2: 11:04pm On Oct 28, 2020
BigDawsNet:
Average Nigerian neighborhood have access to 5hrs a day

Togo 24hrs
Ghana 24hrs
Benin 17hr+

Something is definitely wrong sad
I was in Bene Republic and then Ghana few years back... for two weeks, no power failure! Electricity meant for national consumptions are being sold out to neighboring countries.. Shame on our government..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Fintiri Vows To Demolish Houses Containing Looted Goods / Igboho Didn't Surrender Himself - THE PUNCH Replies Igboho's Lawyer / Garba Shehu: Millions, Not One Person, Played Roles In Making Buhari President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.