Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,767 members, 7,817,115 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

Poultry Or Cassava Farming - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Poultry Or Cassava Farming (1375 Views)

Do You Need A Carton To Package Your Agro, Poultry, Or Farm Products? / My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner / Cover Your Poultry Or Farm With Our Affordable Solar CCTV Camera (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Poultry Or Cassava Farming by ublight: 6:57am On Oct 28, 2020
so gurus in d house, which one is safer to invest in. Poultry or cassava farming?
Re: Poultry Or Cassava Farming by Taich(m): 7:04am On Oct 28, 2020
ublight:
so gurus in d house, which one is safer to invest in. Poultry or cassava farming?

Depending on your schedule, poultry requires constant attention while cassava farm will allow you to do other stuffs.
Re: Poultry Or Cassava Farming by yanabasee(m): 7:15am On Oct 28, 2020
Both....

Chose which one you have desire for ...
Re: Poultry Or Cassava Farming by ublight: 7:16am On Oct 28, 2020
Taich:

Depending on your schedule, poultry requires constant attention while cassava farm will allow you to do other stuffs.

the profitability nko?
Re: Poultry Or Cassava Farming by ublight: 7:17am On Oct 28, 2020
yanabasee:
Both....

Chose which one you have desire for ...

what about profitability
Re: Poultry Or Cassava Farming by Taich(m): 7:32am On Oct 28, 2020
ublight:

the profitability nko?

Depends on scale, expertise and markets. A large scale poultry is a full time job, you will need to develop your markets so as to sale off your produce faster.
Cassava too on the other hand to me is easier to market, by products include most of our foods and ethanol.
The both are good,you just have to choose what you want and what you can do. Both if done properly are profitable.

1 Like

Re: Poultry Or Cassava Farming by ublight: 7:45am On Oct 28, 2020
Taich:

Depends on scale, expertise and markets. A large scale poultry is a full time job, you will need to develop your markets so as to sale off your produce faster.
Cassava too on the other hand to me is easier to market, by products include most of our foods and ethanol.
The both are good,you just have to choose what you want and what you can do. Both if done properly are profitable.

tnx pls. What would be d minimum capital for cassava
Re: Poultry Or Cassava Farming by Jamestown123: 8:01am On Oct 28, 2020
ublight:

To me cassava is more profitable and easier to manage than poultry. Haba Don't you see or hear what's happening in the cassava markets?
Re: Poultry Or Cassava Farming by Taich(m): 8:01am On Oct 28, 2020
ublight:

You can find out for yourself, your land size, cost of cassava stems, land prep, herbicides and other cost of farm inputs.
Re: Poultry Or Cassava Farming by ublight: 11:28am On Oct 28, 2020
Jamestown123:
To me cassava is more profitable and easier to manage than poultry. Haba Don't you see or hear what's happening in the cassava markets?

wow. Thanks for the input.

How much will one hectare need?
Re: Poultry Or Cassava Farming by Jamestown123: 11:56am On Oct 28, 2020
ublight:

wow. Thanks for the input.

How much will one hectare need?
I don't know how much is the price of cassava stems in your area, but the cost of labour won't be more than 150k.
Re: Poultry Or Cassava Farming by ideepaul: 2:48pm On Oct 28, 2020
I hope you know we may have cassava gluts next year, just enter the interior LGA's in Akwa Ibom and cross river you go Sabi how far...find a way and meet that feyrep group, if they are still buying cassava, then you negotiate with them, unless na small farm you wan run sha. If it's a small farm, then process and sell, but avoid harvesting btw January and April

1 Like

Re: Poultry Or Cassava Farming by ideepaul: 2:50pm On Oct 28, 2020
If you have 150k and a land with moderate access to water, you have my number, call me...I am not talking about cucumber o

1 Like

Re: Poultry Or Cassava Farming by ublight: 6:45pm On Oct 28, 2020
ideepaul:
If you have 150k and a land with moderate access to water, you have my number, call me...I am not talking about cucumber o

Can i call u by January? The money i have, i put it in a fixed deposit to avoid spending. It will be due this december.
Re: Poultry Or Cassava Farming by ideepaul: 6:51pm On Oct 28, 2020
ublight:

Can i call u by January? The money i have, i put it in a fixed deposit to avoid spending. It will be due this december.
anytime Boss...

1 Like

Re: Poultry Or Cassava Farming by ublight: 6:58pm On Oct 28, 2020
ideepaul:
I hope you know we may have cassava gluts next year, just enter the interior LGA's in Akwa Ibom and cross river you go Sabi how far...find a way and meet that feyrep group, if they are still buying cassava, then you negotiate with them, unless na small farm you wan run sha. If it's a small farm, then process and sell, but avoid harvesting btw January and April

how small is your definition of small
Re: Poultry Or Cassava Farming by expliciit: 8:42pm On Oct 28, 2020
Farming cassava can be profitable or the other way round, currently with the cost of food stuff already up, people who have cassava really made money this year, from experience around iseyin area a Peugeot pickup is about 140k, same pick up was sold for about #28-30k. Last year. Lucky you if Fulani people did not visit your farm, this is the experience around the dry season when there is no rain the Fulani herdsmen deliberately move their cattle into people’s farm, and another funny thing about cassava you need to cultivate in large acres if you want anything meaningful in times of profit . I deliberately don’t cultivate it because of the Fulani people because you always be in constant fight with them, twice they have eaten up my cassava farm and each time I make sure i involve civil defence, they better than men in Black around that Iseyin area because I got compensated for the damages done to the farm, though I have stopped cultivating cassava now
Re: Poultry Or Cassava Farming by ublight: 9:42pm On Oct 28, 2020
expliciit:
Farming cassava can be profitable or the other way round, currently with the cost of food stuff already up, people who have cassava really made money this year, from experience around iseyin area a Peugeot pickup is about 140k, same pick up was sold for about #28-30k. Last year. Lucky you if Fulani people did not visit your farm, this is the experience around the dry season when there is no rain the Fulani herdsmen deliberately move their cattle into people’s farm, and another funny thing about cassava you need to cultivate in large acres if you want anything meaningful in times of profit . I deliberately don’t cultivate it because of the Fulani people because you always be in constant fight with them, twice they have eaten up my cassava farm and each time I make sure i involve civil defence, they better than men in Black around that Iseyin area because I got compensated for the damages done to the farm, though I have stopped cultivating cassava now

why did u stop?
Re: Poultry Or Cassava Farming by expliciit: 10:25pm On Oct 28, 2020
I needed to check on the farm at least once in a week like those other farmers around do, I normally come from another state to farm around there, so I just concentrate on farming maize and harvest and dry and sale off, because during rainy season there are alternative for the Fulani heardmen so they hardly touch your farm except for wickedness
ublight:

why did u stop?
Re: Poultry Or Cassava Farming by ublight: 10:51pm On Oct 28, 2020
expliciit:
I needed to check on the farm at least once in a week like those other farmers around do, I normally come from another state to farm around there, so I just concentrate on farming maize and harvest and dry and sale off, because during rainy season there are alternative for the Fulani heardmen so they hardly touch your farm except for wickedness

wow. Is the new venture worth it?
Re: Poultry Or Cassava Farming by ideepaul: 11:57pm On Oct 28, 2020
ublight:

how small is your definition of small
2plots is enough! if it's a plot, fine
Re: Poultry Or Cassava Farming by ublight: 5:59am On Oct 29, 2020
ideepaul:
2plots is enough! if it's a plot, fine
alright thank you boss.
Please delete your number in the other thread. I have copied it.
Re: Poultry Or Cassava Farming by dkdaniel11(m): 6:32am On Oct 29, 2020
Doesn't Casssava take like a year before you get tangible harvest? I'll make twice what you make if I put that money in broilers. Considering I'm not new to poultry or cassava farming.. don't get me started on processing cassava to garri. Cassava farming is good if you put your effort in other things while it matures

(1) (Reply)

I Sell Quality Red Palm Oil, / I Visited The Biggest Tomato And Pepper Farming In Nigeria, Rivers State Watch / Cassava Plantation (kwara, Osun)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.