Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,710 members, 7,820,491 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

Yam Or Cassava? Which Is Better To Farm Commercially In Nigeria And Reason. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Yam Or Cassava? Which Is Better To Farm Commercially In Nigeria And Reason. (542 Views)

(graphic Photos) Snake I Killed On My Way To Farm / Akwa Ibom Women Go To Farm With Weapon To Protect Selves From Bandits / My Pet Project: Is It Economically Feasible To Rear Local Chickens Commercially? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yam Or Cassava? Which Is Better To Farm Commercially In Nigeria And Reason. by czarr(m): 9:54am On Jun 19, 2021
Please guys I want to go into farming, which of them do you advise I go into.
Re: Yam Or Cassava? Which Is Better To Farm Commercially In Nigeria And Reason. by Bola146(f): 10:02am On Jun 19, 2021
I'll prefer yam if you are here in South, cassava in the east.

1 Like

Re: Yam Or Cassava? Which Is Better To Farm Commercially In Nigeria And Reason. by xreal: 10:32am On Jun 19, 2021
All I know is that there is ready market for both.

But demand for cassava these days looks crazy. Women who sell fufu actually go to market to fight to get some cassava to buy, their competitors in the cassava market are unfortunately super rich industrial giants from pharmaceuticals to Breweries to AgroChemicals and new companies that makes use of cassava springs up everyday.

sometimes I wonder if yahoo-yahoo boys dey use cassava for dem ritual, because I even hear the cassava farmers and dealers talk about 419 dis-419 dat.

2 Likes

Re: Yam Or Cassava? Which Is Better To Farm Commercially In Nigeria And Reason. by HornyTave: 1:17pm On Jun 19, 2021
Yam is very stressful and tedious also very demanding unlike cassava

Yam.
1. You must stake
2. You must make heaps
3. You must be careful you're trailing the shoot, if you break the eyes, it will rot.
4. You can't use chemical to weed
5. it's knowledge intensive
6. Harvesting and preservation is another form of human slavery still existing.

Cassava is hard o but Yam is harder

1 Like

Re: Yam Or Cassava? Which Is Better To Farm Commercially In Nigeria And Reason. by NTPGARRIfactory(m): 11:03pm On Jun 19, 2021
Yam is quite demanding, but cassava is easier to cultivate. The edge yam have above cassava is that the price does not flunctuate like Cassava. You hardly hear prices of yam fall unlike cassava.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Cows Available For Sale / Bitter Kola Export: Is Anyone Sincerely Into It In This Forum? / Motorcycles Planet 09030894478

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.