Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,320 members, 7,829,791 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Lekki Shooting: Sanwo-Olu To React To Army’s Statement - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekki Shooting: Sanwo-Olu To React To Army’s Statement (49611 Views)

ISWAP Distributes Fliers In Borno Threatens Residents Giving Information To Army / Lagos Judicial Panel In Surprise Visit To Army Hospital, Finds No Mortuary / "You Can Now Write Petition Against SARS, Lekki Shooting"-Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekki Shooting: Sanwo-Olu To React To Army’s Statement by ABANA80: 3:27pm On Oct 28, 2020
Forget about who can order army or who can't. NA is as corrupt as even Oba in Lagos can use them as sachet water. I know of a Oba in Lagos dt NA patrol van use to accompany...make we leave story.
Re: Lekki Shooting: Sanwo-Olu To React To Army’s Statement by Wolexdey(m): 3:27pm On Oct 28, 2020
Eriokanmi:
Maybe Tinubu did. Shifting goalpost can't save all of you including the army from facing God's judgement. Nigerian government may pronounce a biased judgement but we all await the swift judgement of Almighty God on all of you, including those who loaded thugs in 3 BRT buses at the early stage of the Endsars peaceful protest to attack them and those who ordered that the street light be turned off prior to the military shooting.

Amen
Re: Lekki Shooting: Sanwo-Olu To React To Army’s Statement by ABANA80: 3:28pm On Oct 28, 2020
Forget about who can order army or who can't. NA is as corrupt as even Oba in Lagos can use them as sachet water. I know of a Oba in Lagos dt NA patrol van use to accompany...make we leave story.[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Lekki Shooting: Sanwo-Olu To React To Army’s Statement by amazingspiderma: 3:35pm On Oct 28, 2020
The Nigeria Army have too many intelligent officers to get to the bottom of this, they don't have to speak in riddles.
Re: Lekki Shooting: Sanwo-Olu To React To Army’s Statement by Shugar1: 3:38pm On Oct 28, 2020
U guys will be shocked that buhari does not know if any shooting or death happened at the gate cos that dude 100% clueless. He knows nothing, the few ones he know go shock am

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Shooting: Sanwo-Olu To React To Army’s Statement by Mokason288(m): 3:40pm On Oct 28, 2020
southpole:
The C-in-C can not release the military to intervene in any crisis without a formal request from the Governor of that state. That is the procedure.
I hear you...
Re: Lekki Shooting: Sanwo-Olu To React To Army’s Statement by TrebleChamp(m): 3:42pm On Oct 28, 2020
Mokason288:

I don’t think so, I think the Army are covering the ass of The C IN C so that the international community doesn’t roast him, and they are hereby using the governor of Lagos as a sacrificial lamp

Because an Army General came out weeks ago to say that the Governor doesn’t and can not order the Military. Use your head you will know who is the C in C

Modified: Why did BUHARI avoid making any statement about the Lekki toll gate ?
Oga wetin Buhari get to do with Lekki toll Plaza? Why was it at that Toll Plaza that the army devised to shoot protesters? Leave Buhari out of this, this has Tinubu written all over it.. Am sure Buhari didn't even know their was a military attack on protesters until it became a national news...
Re: Lekki Shooting: Sanwo-Olu To React To Army’s Statement by Mokason288(m): 3:45pm On Oct 28, 2020
TrebleChamp:
Oga wetin Buhari get to do with Lekki toll Plaza? Why was it at that Toll Plaza that the army devised to shoot protesters? Leave Buhari out of this, this has Tinubu written all over it.. Am sure Buhari didn't even know their was a military attack on protesters until it became a national news...
I wonder why when a Yoruba Muslim makes a comment it recks with foolishness... why didn’t you just say buhari wasn’t aware Nigerians were protesting?

1 Like

Re: Lekki Shooting: Sanwo-Olu To React To Army’s Statement by TrebleChamp(m): 3:54pm On Oct 28, 2020
Mokason288:

I wonder why when a Yoruba Muslim makes a comment it recks with foolishness... why didn’t you just say buhari wasn’t aware Nigerians were protesting?
Whether Igbo, Hausa or even Ijaw Muslim ooh, I state again that Buhari didn't give directive to the army to disperse protesters at Lekki Toll Gate. Their was protest in Abuja and other parts of the Country, the army itself have confirm it was the LASG that invited them to desperse the Lekki Toll Plaza protesters. By natural order, the army doesn't take directive from a state governor, but you and i know how corrupt the system has become so a commandant will happily collect money from a civilian and send his men to go do the dirty job required. Keep blaming Buhari for everything, don't forget to also blame him for the hoarding of covid-19 parliatives in your state and also for the bad state of road and health center your local govt chairman should be fixing. Blame Buhari for everything if it makes you fulfilled...
Re: Lekki Shooting: Sanwo-Olu To React To Army’s Statement by membranus: 3:57pm On Oct 28, 2020
Truth is gradually coming out.

Very soon everyone involved will confess their part in the dastardly act.
Re: Lekki Shooting: Sanwo-Olu To React To Army’s Statement by Bloggz74(m): 4:01pm On Oct 28, 2020
Very simple response ...

"We requested for help if the police are overwhelmed which is the standard but didn't tell them to open fire." ..... full stop.

So dont expect too much

jerryunit48:
E don be for this man and him pay Master
Re: Lekki Shooting: Sanwo-Olu To React To Army’s Statement by Vicdgreat556(m): 4:17pm On Oct 28, 2020
I love the way this people are reacting... have you been in a before and don't know what to do?you will just be mixing diff chem you don't know forming activity,Las Las na gba gbooh u go hear..
Re: Lekki Shooting: Sanwo-Olu To React To Army’s Statement by holluwizzy: 4:19pm On Oct 28, 2020
For your information and to the knowledge I have about the blame shifting.

I will say buhari and tinunbu are the culprits.

Tinunbu because he owns the toll gate and revenue are not generating.

Buhari. I directly he is the C in C. Tinunbu called buhari to help with army to clear the toll gate.

Sanwo Olu does not have the power to order the Army, he is just a Pawn to shift blame.
Re: Lekki Shooting: Sanwo-Olu To React To Army’s Statement by Modupetemmy1(f): 4:29pm On Oct 28, 2020
May God judge you all, at first you people dried and now you are claiming it was because of the curfew. curfew ought to start by 9:00pm but you people open fire on them B4 9. my question is; was there any fight at lekki that prompted them to be shot?

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Shooting: Sanwo-Olu To React To Army’s Statement by skukimania(f): 4:35pm On Oct 28, 2020
ouzo1:
Ambode right now.

If to say e fight like obaseki and win, na now e for red for am. Because Tinubu, go just dey laugh am now. Na God save Ambode sef.
Re: Lekki Shooting: Sanwo-Olu To React To Army’s Statement by akintunde63: 4:52pm On Oct 28, 2020
iwaeda:
Sanwo-olu To React To Army’s Statement Soon, Govt Source Assures

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/10/sanwo-olu-to-react-to-armys-statement-soon-govt-source-assures/amp/
At last, our mutual oppressors have turned against each other.
See this as an answer to our collective prayers�
Re: Lekki Shooting: Sanwo-Olu To React To Army’s Statement by shoprite: 5:01pm On Oct 28, 2020
Gradually we are getting there . . .

Before - Nobody died of gun shot wounds at Lekki toll gate shooting
Now - 2 died at Lekki toll gate shooting

Before - It was not the Army that went to the Lekki toll gate
Now - The Army was sent to Lekki toll gate

Before - Only the C-in-C can order Army to Lekki
Now - Army went to Lekki on LASG invitation

Before - We do not know who ordered the Army to intervene
Now - Lagos Govt invited Army to intervene

Before - It was not the Army that intervened at the lekki toll gate
Now - The Army intervened at Lekki toll gate following invitation by the State Govt

. . .and the beat goes on and on and on and on and . . . undecided

1 Like

Re: Lekki Shooting: Sanwo-Olu To React To Army’s Statement by fubsy: 5:02pm On Oct 28, 2020
My thought, but it may be a wrong analysis:
- The President is the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces ["CnC"], so he controls the Nigerian Army.
- The Nigerian Army said Gov. Sanwo-Olu invited them. I believe that for such invitation to be made, the CnC must know, his permission must be sought and if the Nigerian Army accepted the Governor's invitation, the CnC must have permitted the Nigerian Army.
- The Nigerian Army then accepted the Governor's invitation to quell the "unrest" in Lagos [NB. I am not saying that there was unrest at Lekki Toll gate]
- Though the Nigerian Army had accepted Governor Sanwo-Olu's invitation, some men in army uniform invaded the Lekki Toll gate peaceful protest ground and opened fire.
- Where then was the invited Nigerian Army during the invasion by the uniform shooters?
-How come the invited Nigerian Army did not take down the "imposter uniformed shooters"?
- How come the imposter uniformed shooters had a field day and left unscathed from the invited Nigerian Army?
- Why was the CnC who had the power to permit the invitation of the Nigerian Army silent for a long time?
- If the shooting was done by unknown uniformed men, should the CnC not reprimand the Nigerian Army for not getting the imposters after he had permitted the Nigerian Army to go Lagos due to the curfew.

As I said, my thoughts may be poor, but I think, they may assist the government in resolving the lingering issues (1) Who shot at the Lekki Toll gate?; (2) Who ordered the shooting; and (3) Where are the shooters?
Re: Lekki Shooting: Sanwo-Olu To React To Army’s Statement by Naijboy: 5:02pm On Oct 28, 2020
If he ask the army to intervene, did also asked them to shoot the protesters.
Re: Lekki Shooting: Sanwo-Olu To React To Army’s Statement by BabbanBura(m): 5:08pm On Oct 28, 2020
iwaeda:
Sanwo-olu To React To Army’s Statement Soon, Govt Source Assures

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/10/sanwo-olu-to-react-to-armys-statement-soon-govt-source-assures/amp/

Reading the army's statement carefully shows that:

1. LASG sought the help of the military when the destructions took off and the police were dismantled.

The statement did not say that the state government called them when the protest was still calm and peaceful.

Now what are the facts:
1. Proteat was peaceful in lagos all over without any violence even after the declaration of the curfew up untill the moment the military arrived at the toll gate

2. Military went to the toll gate around 7pm before curfew kicks in at 9pm and shot at protesters while protest all over lagos was still peaceful

3. Protest turned violent across lagos immediately soldiers shot at the protesters and videos seen

Therefore, it is clear that the military action predates LASG's call to help because the call was after the shooting when things turned out violent (after the soldiers' killings)

1 Like

Re: Lekki Shooting: Sanwo-Olu To React To Army’s Statement by KoleDgreat2020(m): 5:13pm On Oct 28, 2020
we all know who the military take orders From especially when it has to do with shooting whether into the air or water.. Tinubu and Sanwolu babajide will be use as the sacrificial lamb..The military can never tell u the president ordered them. Let see how it plays out.. As for the panel setup, nothing meaningful will come out of it..
Re: Lekki Shooting: Sanwo-Olu To React To Army’s Statement by Peteryt01: 5:18pm On Oct 28, 2020
Mokason288:

I don’t think so, I think the Army are covering the ass of The C IN C so that the international community doesn’t roast him, and they are hereby using the governor of Lagos as a sacrificial lamp

Because an Army General came out weeks ago to say that the Governor doesn’t and can not order the Military. Use your head you will know who is the C in C

Modified: Why did BUHARI avoid making any statement about the Lekki toll gate ?
even Tinubu, in his phone conversation with a lady-caller, asked if he's the commander in chief..
The organizers of this endsars are clowns
Re: Lekki Shooting: Sanwo-Olu To React To Army’s Statement by tot(f): 5:21pm On Oct 28, 2020
TrebleChamp:

Is Lekki toll not in Nigeria? Is Buhari not the president of Nigeria? We should leave him out of this, like how?
Re: Lekki Shooting: Sanwo-Olu To React To Army’s Statement by Franktom247(m): 5:56pm On Oct 28, 2020
Everybody come outside they want to wash their dirty linen
Re: Lekki Shooting: Sanwo-Olu To React To Army’s Statement by TrebleChamp(m): 6:01pm On Oct 28, 2020
tot:

Is Lekki toll not in Nigeria? Is Buhari not the president of Nigeria? We should leave him out of this, like how?
Madam the army authority has already confirm it was LASG that invited it to disperse the protesters na, how can Buhari order army to go and shoot protesters at Lekki toll gate alone while protest was going on all over the country? Is Buhari collecting toll or any income from the Lekki Toll Plaza?
Re: Lekki Shooting: Sanwo-Olu To React To Army’s Statement by Mokason288(m): 6:04pm On Oct 28, 2020
TrebleChamp:
Whether Igbo, Hausa or even Ijaw Muslim ooh, I state again that Buhari didn't give directive to the army to disperse protesters at Lekki Toll Gate. Their was protest in Abuja and other parts of the Country, the army itself have confirm it was the LASG that invited them to desperse the Lekki Toll Plaza protesters. By natural order, the army doesn't take directive from a state governor, but you and i know how corrupt the system has become so a commandant will happily collect money from a civilian and send his men to go do the dirty job required. Keep blaming Buhari for everything, don't forget to also blame him for the hoarding of covid-19 parliatives in your state and also for the bad state of road and health center your local govt chairman should be fixing. Blame Buhari for everything if it makes you fulfilled...
Where you there ? How did you know Buhari didn’t give the other to you and your boys ?
Re: Lekki Shooting: Sanwo-Olu To React To Army’s Statement by tot(f): 6:06pm On Oct 28, 2020
TrebleChamp:
Madam the army authority has already confirm it was LASG that invited it to disperse the protesters na, how can Buhari order army to go and shoot protesters at Lekki toll gate alone while protest was going on all over the country? Is Buhari collecting toll or any income from the Lekki Toll Plaza?

The same army authority that has been lying up and down, did they not first claim it was all photoshop? As the president of the country, Buhari is accountable.
Re: Lekki Shooting: Sanwo-Olu To React To Army’s Statement by TrebleChamp(m): 6:17pm On Oct 28, 2020
The Nigerian Military will take orders from anybody as long as money in involve, a country where corruption is eating deep into all sector. Did the Lekki Toll Plaza closure for 2wks by peaceful protesters affect Nigeria's ecomony in any way? Make una put all the blame on Buhari, while leaving out the people who were loosing money from the Toll Plaza due to shot down by the protesters. The army already confirmed the LASG (who have long deny knowledge of the army presence) invited them to the Lekki Toll Plaza, the LASG hasn't denied this allegation. Yet some of una still find it reasonable to accuse Buhari cos he is the C-in-C. Iz ok, pls don't forget to blame Buhari for all the failing of your respective State Governors and also for the hoarding of covid-19 parliatives too. Buhari should be blamed also for your Local Govt Council Chairmens failure to build roads in your communities and hospitals too.. I rest my case
Re: Lekki Shooting: Sanwo-Olu To React To Army’s Statement by TrebleChamp(m): 6:19pm On Oct 28, 2020
tot:

The same army authority that has been lying up and down, did they not first claim it was all photoshop? As the president of the country, Buhari is accountable.
Same way the LASG has been lying up and down, reason this matter well na. Protest dey go on every where for the country including Abuja, na only Lekki toll gate Buhari send soldiers go kill people. E make sense at all
Re: Lekki Shooting: Sanwo-Olu To React To Army’s Statement by Dantedasz(m): 6:25pm On Oct 28, 2020
Akinwunmi Ambode warned everyone but no-one listened.
Sanwo Olu is a serial liar and a substance abuser with a recorded history of rehabilitation in various Lagos hospitals.
It is obvious he invited the military to quell the peaceful and unarmed protests at the Lekki toll gate on the instructions of his puppeteer Bola Ahmed Tinubu with the tacit support of General Buhari.
Re: Lekki Shooting: Sanwo-Olu To React To Army’s Statement by TrebleChamp(m): 6:29pm On Oct 28, 2020
Mokason288:

Where you there ? How did you know Buhari didn’t give the other to you and your boys ?
And how did you know he gave the order? Abi LASG don refute the allegation by the army? This matter is so clear and obvious that the LASGovernor and his God daddy whom it was alleged to have lost huge amount of money due to the shot down of the Toll Plaza by protesters invited the army to disperse ( not kill) protesters. But the oversabi army did what they always do by killing innocent peaceful protesters, leading to wide spread and international condemnation and ultimately leading to the violence we witness that week. Abeg make everybody believe anything wey give them joy. And i don't support Buhari if this is your veiw about my post, you are free to dig up my previous comments criticising Buhari govt as the worst in the history of Nigeria. But Buhari is not the only problem we have in Nigeria, let's also use same energy to criticise our various state governors too...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC Convention: Did Fani-Kayode Attend As An Abia State Delegate? (Picture) / Armed Thugs Invade Edo State House Of Assembly Quarters (pics) / Tagwaye Foundation Celebrates Sallah With Buhari; Gives Out Food In Katsina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.