Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,225 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Recipes For Breakfast,lunch,dinner And Side Soups/desserts - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Recipes For Breakfast,lunch,dinner And Side Soups/desserts (2882 Views)

Top 5 Nigerian Soups And Their Health Benefits. / Recipes For The Fruitful Home / What Did You Eat For Breakfast, Lunch, And Dinner Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recipes For Breakfast,lunch,dinner And Side Soups/desserts by snazzydawn(f): 3:20pm On Feb 03, 2006
Breakfast
Scotch pancakes

Served with creamy low fat vanilla yoghurt and sweet berries,Scotch pancakes,also known as drop scones,are perfect perfect for breakfast,plus,they are low in calories and highly nutritional

Preparation time:10mins  cooking time:15-20 mins  serves 6(makes about 24 pancakes)

Pancake[/b]s                                                                                                           Garnish

1 cup blueberries       
1 cup self rising flour                                                                                  1 cup raspberries
2 teaspoons sugar                                                                                     1 container(8ounces)fat free vanilla yoghurt
1 egg,beaten
1 tablespoon reduced-fat margarine spread,melted
half cup 1% milk
cooking spray

[b]Step 1
:Combine the flour and sugar in a medium bowl.Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients,add the egg,melted margarine and alittle of the milk.Gradually stir the flour into the liquids and add the remaining milk a little at a time, to make a fairly thick smooth batter.
Step 2:[/b]Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium high heat.For each pancake,drop a heaping teaspoon of butter onto the hot surface.When bubbles form on the surface of the pancakes,use a spatula to turn them and then cook until the underside is golden brown,about 1 minute.
[b]Step 3
:Remove the pancakes from the skillet and keep warm under a clean cloth.Cook the rest of the batter in the same way.
Step 4:Place the blueberries and raspberries in a bowl and lightly crush the fruit,leavng some berries whole.Serve the pancakes warm with the berries and vanilla yoghurt.

Excellent source of phosphorus,good source of calcium,riboflavin,thiamine,vitaminC.
Re: Recipes For Breakfast,lunch,dinner And Side Soups/desserts by snazzydawn(f): 3:41pm On Feb 03, 2006
Lunch
Summer Salmon and asparagus

Fresh young vegetables and succulent salmon make this a healthy speedy dish

Preparation time10mins  cooking time(about20mins)  serves 4

4skinless salmon fillets(about 4 ounces each)
2 leeks,thinly sliced
8ounces asparagus spears
1 cup sugar snap peas
4 tablespoons dry white wine
1 cup reduced-sodium vegetable broth
salt and pepper
1 tablespoon sniped fresh chives

Run your fingertips over each salmon fillets to check for any stray bones,pulling out any that remain.Arrange the leeks in a single layer in the bottom of a large Dutch oven coated with  cooking spray.Lay the pieces of salmon on top.Surround the fish with the asparagus and peas.Add the wine and broth and season lightly with salt and pepper.
Step2:Place the Dutch oven over medium high heat and bring broth to a boil,then cover the pan with a tight fitting lid and reduce the heat so low.Cook the fish and vegetables until the salmon is pale pink all the way through and the vegetables are tender,about 12 to 14 minutes.Sprinkle chives over the salmon and serve.

Pounded yam and whitesoup( an Efik meal)
Ingredients

I whole yam

for the soup
10 pieces of goat meat,chicken,beef
pepper
onions
crayfish
uyayak(I don't know what its called in English)
utazi
dry fish(ibad)
6 maggi cubes
salt to taste

wash the meat
put in a saucepan
add sliced onions,pepper and 2 maggi cubes
put on the fire and boil till tender.When it is tender,it will produce broth which will be used to prepare the soup.
roast the uyayak till it is nearly burnt,then grind it(a little piece is enough for the soup)
pound a bit of the yam to be used as a thickening agent
add the crayfish to the broth
add the roasted uyayak
allow to boil for 10mins
add the mashed yam to thicken the soup
add more maggi and salt to taste
bring to a boil for 10mins
bring down and allow to simmer(don't cover soup in all these procedures,it will destroy the thickness)

Pounded yam

Boil yam till its so soft
don't add salt
when its done,
pound the yam in small constituents till its well formed and smooth.
Wrap in foils and serve with the soup.
Re: Recipes For Breakfast,lunch,dinner And Side Soups/desserts by snazzydawn(f): 4:01pm On Feb 03, 2006
you know its not easy organising yourself to actually write down recipes,I have to go and organise myself for dinner and sidesoups and more other delicacies!!!

SEUN,on behalf of the cooks on Nairaland,thank you very much for the kitchen!!! kiss kiss kiss
Re: Recipes For Breakfast,lunch,dinner And Side Soups/desserts by chillin(f): 1:10am On Feb 04, 2006
wow!! heyy Snazzz your prayers have been answered! you(or i'd say weee) got the kitchen! finally!!! so when do i come over for breakfast?!! cozz i ain't cooking----Snazz does the cooking, while Chillin does the eating!  wink
Re: Recipes For Breakfast,lunch,dinner And Side Soups/desserts by snazzydawn(f): 9:23am On Feb 04, 2006
I ain't got no problems with that,thats why I love cooking,so that you will eat.But you will do the dishes.lol lol lol
Re: Recipes For Breakfast,lunch,dinner And Side Soups/desserts by chillin(f): 9:25am On Feb 04, 2006
Awww dishes?? why dishes?? okkkayy i don't mind! but i'v gatt eat tho!!
Re: Recipes For Breakfast,lunch,dinner And Side Soups/desserts by snazzydawn(f): 9:26am On Feb 04, 2006
crazy girl lol
Re: Recipes For Breakfast,lunch,dinner And Side Soups/desserts by chillin(f): 9:27am On Feb 04, 2006
hahahaaha cheesy have u started cookin?? or just about to!
Re: Recipes For Breakfast,lunch,dinner And Side Soups/desserts by snazzydawn(f): 9:30am On Feb 04, 2006
I wan go market
Re: Recipes For Breakfast,lunch,dinner And Side Soups/desserts by chillin(f): 9:33am On Feb 04, 2006
aight! call me when u done cookin aight! ohhh b/t/w don't sleep in d market uhhh cheesy cozz i'v gatt eat reall quickkk cheesy cheesy
Re: Recipes For Breakfast,lunch,dinner And Side Soups/desserts by chillin(f): 3:16am On Feb 05, 2006
whoaa Snazzz!! how long does it take you to prepare a "simple" breakfast?? uhmm i'v been waiting all day! i guess u decided 2 sleep at the store!! *heyyy mommy must hear this!!*
Re: Recipes For Breakfast,lunch,dinner And Side Soups/desserts by Outkast(f): 6:47pm On Feb 06, 2006
still waiting for the efik dishes ooh!
Re: Recipes For Breakfast,lunch,dinner And Side Soups/desserts by chiejik(f): 3:39pm On Sep 10, 2009
not too bad

(1) (Reply)

Some Wedding Cakes You Won't Like!!!!!!!!!!!! / Dog Head Meat Being Sold At SHOP RITE Calabar [PHOTO] / What Killed Mr. Biggs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.