Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,519 members, 7,826,955 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Okonjo-iweala May Not Win WTO Director General - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-iweala May Not Win WTO Director General (5417 Views)

WTO Director-General, Okonjo-Iweala Arrives Nigeria On A One Week Visit / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's First Day As WTO Director-General (Pictures) / African Union Disqualifies Okonjo-iweala From Vying For WTO Director (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okonjo-iweala May Not Win WTO Director General by Nobody: 2:03pm On Oct 28, 2020
International politics is not a game of emotions. It is a game of real politics.

The WTO will choose their Director General On November 7 and our Nigerian Candidate is may not win.

Now, for you guys, endorsements is different from voting.

Every nation in Africa and Europe has endorse Okonjo-Iweala, atleast that is what the press report but people should remember that endorsements is different from voting, countries endorsed on self interest rather than emotions.

The fact that she is from a developing country called Nigeria that adds nothing to international trade gives her a 0.000001% chance of winning.

I can understand why she had to take a US Citizenship that is if it is true, Running on a US candidacy wont even help her case due to the fact that she was known as a minister of Finance in Nigeria.

The Likely winner of the WTO election will be Yoo Myung-hee from south Korea and that is because South Korea contributes to International trade, they export goods and services to the world. South korea GDP is almost 2 trillion dollars compared to Nigeria GDP of 500 billion

Also know that the candidate which the top economics of world backs will likely win the job, support from China, United States, India,Japan,Germany,Russia,Indonesia and Brazil matters but China and United states support matters alot.

Note: I have just learnt that countries do not vote for a candidate except if a consensus is not agreed.
Re: Okonjo-iweala May Not Win WTO Director General by SoBright101: 2:11pm On Oct 28, 2020
Watch out

Beware Nigerians. This is the time to know and understand the true identity of those who cause tribalism on here, they are paid agents, they are neither from east or west. They have more than twenty accounts, they would create tribal topics and make tribal comments with another accounts to cause chaos between southerners. Though, they have no conscience but you can try to educate them or better ignore them. They are easy to identify, use your head brothers.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okonjo-iweala May Not Win WTO Director General by capitalzero: 2:13pm On Oct 28, 2020
thebosstrevor1:
International politics is not a game of emotions. It is a game of real politics.

The WTO will choose their Director General On November 6 and our Nigerian Candidate is unlikely to win.

Every nation in Africa and Europe has endorse Okonjo-Iweala, atleast that is what the press report but people should remember that endorsements is different from voting, countries vote on self interest rather than emotions or endorsements

The fact that she is from a developing country called Nigeria that adds nothing to international trade gives her a 0.000001% chance of winning.

I can understand why she had to take a US Citizenship that is if it is true, Running on a US candidacy wont even help her case due to the fact that she was known as a minister of Finance in Nigeria.

The Likely winner of the WTO election will be Yoo Myung-hee from south Korea and that is because South Korea contributes to International trade, they export goods and services to the world. South korea GDP is almost 2 trillion dollars compared to Nigeria GDP of 500 billion

Also know that the candidate which the top economics of world backs will likely win the job, votes from China, United States, India,Japan,Germany,Russia,Indonesia and Brazil. China and United states vote matters alot.

She has been announced as DG, you hear!,,

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-iweala May Not Win WTO Director General by Naijaguy12345(m): 2:13pm On Oct 28, 2020
I think Nigeria media reported her the winner already. Congrats to her.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-iweala May Not Win WTO Director General by bamasite2: 2:14pm On Oct 28, 2020
She got it!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-iweala May Not Win WTO Director General by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 28, 2020
SoBright101:
Watch out

Beware Nigerians. This is the time to know and understand the true identity of those who cause tribalism on here, they are paid agents, they are neither from east or west. They have more than twenty accounts, they would create tribal topics and make tribal comments with another accounts to cause chaos between southerners. Though, they have no conscience but you can try to educate them or better ignore them. They are easy to identify, use your head brothers.

Dude create your thread and spread your propaganda there.

Nobody cares, try to accept other people's opinions and stop acting like a kid.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Okonjo-iweala May Not Win WTO Director General by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 28, 2020
capitalzero:

She has been announced as DG, you hear!,,

Final election in on November 6 and she hasn't been announced

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala May Not Win WTO Director General by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 2:14pm On Oct 28, 2020
See Badbelleism, what should we do you if she wins? Can you bet your head?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-iweala May Not Win WTO Director General by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 28, 2020
Naijaguy12345:
I think Nigeria media reported her the winner already. Congrats to her.

It is fake news

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala May Not Win WTO Director General by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 28, 2020
bamasite2:
She got it!

Na you give am the job
Re: Okonjo-iweala May Not Win WTO Director General by Nwibii: 2:16pm On Oct 28, 2020
That's your own prediction, as for my own prediction she has won already.

'Endorsement is different from voting', hear yourself speak. So they will endorsed her and vote someone they didn't endorsed?
Waiting for your prediction to come fruition or fail before I type further.

4 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala May Not Win WTO Director General by Nobody: 2:16pm On Oct 28, 2020
HIGHESTPOPORI:
See Badbelleism, what should we do you if she wins? Can you bet your head?

I am not betting, this is just an analysis nothing more than that and analysis can either be right or wrong.
Re: Okonjo-iweala May Not Win WTO Director General by ahiboilandgas: 2:17pm On Oct 28, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

The WTO will choose their Director General On November 6 and our Nigerian Candidate is unlikely to win.

Every nation in Africa and Europe has endorse Okonjo-Iweala, atleast that is what the press report but people should remember that endorsements is different from voting, countries vote on self interest rather than emotions or endorsements

Also know that the candidate which the top economics of world backs will likely win the job, votes from China, United States, India,Japan,Germany,Russia,Indonesia and Brazil matters but China and United states vote matters alot.

we in Nigeria are in full support of her as the most qualified,an African and a woman with expirence .....she is our gift to the world and humanity .......she will win

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-iweala May Not Win WTO Director General by Nobody: 2:17pm On Oct 28, 2020
Nwibii:
That's your own prediction, as for my own prediction she has won already.

'Endorsement is different from voting', hear yourself speak. So they will endorsed her and vote someone they didn't endorsed?
Waiting for your prediction to come fruition or fail before I type further.

Yes, you can be endorsed and still not win

Endorsements is not voting

Voting is self interest which they do in private.
Re: Okonjo-iweala May Not Win WTO Director General by SoBright101: 2:17pm On Oct 28, 2020
Hmmm, my post isn't offensive and i do not oppose anybody's opinion except tribalism. If you call my post propaganda, you must have bad intention with your topic

thebosstrevor1:

Dude create your thread and spread your propaganda their.

Nobody cares, try to accept other people's opinions and stop acting like a kid.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala May Not Win WTO Director General by Nobody: 2:18pm On Oct 28, 2020
SoBright101:
Hmmm, my post isn't offensive and if you call my post propaganda, you must have bad intention with your topic

You have a bad intention with yours that is why you posted it here.
Re: Okonjo-iweala May Not Win WTO Director General by Nobody: 2:19pm On Oct 28, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
we in Nigeria are in full support of her as the most qualified,an African and a woman with expirence .....she is our gift to the world and humanity .......she will win

We are all in support of her.

But let's keep emotions aside and be factual , she is unlikely to win.
Re: Okonjo-iweala May Not Win WTO Director General by OfficialAPCNig: 2:19pm On Oct 28, 2020
Yoruba Muslim forming international politics analyst.

A Nigerian is the president of ICC.
A Nigerian is an Assistant SG of UN
An African was the former SG of UN.

So what stupid politics are you talking about?

FYI, WTO doesn't elect its DG. It selects them through endorsements

4 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala May Not Win WTO Director General by ahiboilandgas: 2:21pm On Oct 28, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

factually too we are in support of her all post coming out of Nigeria and Africa must be in positive light toward her ....

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala May Not Win WTO Director General by SoBright101: 2:23pm On Oct 28, 2020
No, i don't. You don't need to worry about it, it just to prevent impostors and tribalist

thebosstrevor1:

You have a bad intention with yours that is why you posted it here.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala May Not Win WTO Director General by Nobody: 2:23pm On Oct 28, 2020
OfficialAPCNig:
Yoruba Muslim forming international politics analyst.

A Nigerian is the president of ICC.
A Nigerian is an Assistant SG of UN
An African was the former SG of UN.

So what stupid politics are you talking about?

There is nothing like the president of ICC

Assistant SG aka under secretary is not an elected position, there are many under secretaries employed to different departments in the Un.

Can you leave emotions aside and be rational with facts
Re: Okonjo-iweala May Not Win WTO Director General by Nobody: 2:25pm On Oct 28, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

and why are you so bitter?
I guess you are an almajiri

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala May Not Win WTO Director General by Nobody: 2:27pm On Oct 28, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
factually too we are in support of her all post coming out of Nigeria and Africa must be in positive light toward her ....

Africa is big.

France own french africa, the north africa look to the arab

Anything france vote, french is likely to follow also i doubt if north Africa countries will support a candidate from west Africa
Re: Okonjo-iweala May Not Win WTO Director General by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 28, 2020
Abouwaza:

and why are you so bitter?

I guess you are an almajiri

I am looking for someone who thinks rationally not someone like you
Re: Okonjo-iweala May Not Win WTO Director General by Jack005(m): 2:28pm On Oct 28, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

You are not in support of her else you should have just been watching closely rather than predict her loss.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala May Not Win WTO Director General by OfficialAPCNig: 2:30pm On Oct 28, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

Assistant SG aka under secretary is not an elected position, there are many under secretaries employed to different departments in the Un.

Olodo.

International Criminal Court not International Cricket Council.

Not Under Secretary but Deputy SG. A Nigerian occupies that position.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala May Not Win WTO Director General by OfficialAwol(m): 2:31pm On Oct 28, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

Ngozi will be announced the new WTO director-general by 3pm Nigeria time today.

She defeated the woman from South Korea by 104 votes out of 164 countries that are members of the WTO.

Stop embarrassing yourself here.

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala May Not Win WTO Director General by OfficialAPCNig: 2:31pm On Oct 28, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

Its consensus not election.

Selection ended today and the result leaked.
Re: Okonjo-iweala May Not Win WTO Director General by Kennyswagz1(m): 2:33pm On Oct 28, 2020
She has not been elected..
It is fake news grin grin
Re: Okonjo-iweala May Not Win WTO Director General by Nobody: 2:34pm On Oct 28, 2020
OfficialAPCNig:

Its consensus not election.

Selection ended today and the result leaked.

It is not a consensus.

Pls go and check WTO site for the time table and stop spreading fake news
Re: Okonjo-iweala May Not Win WTO Director General by malele(m): 2:34pm On Oct 28, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

Also know that the candidate which the top economics of world backs will likely win the job, votes from China, United States, India,Japan,Germany,Russia,Indonesia and Brazil matters but China and United states vote matters alot.

Una go get heart attack ooo

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala May Not Win WTO Director General by Nobody: 2:38pm On Oct 28, 2020
OfficialAwol:

Ngozi will be announced the new WTO director-general by 3pm Nigeria time today.

She defeated the woman from South Korea by 104 votes out of 164 countries that are members of the WTO.

Stop embarrassing yourself here.

Stop spreading fake news and also cooking up fake numbers and time.

There are 159 countries who are members of the WTO

Yor numbers does not tally 104+164= 268 countries

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EndSARS: Moghalu Commends Court's Order On CBN To Unfreeze Protesters' Accounts / Fuel Scarcity: We Have 1.8bn Litres Of Petrol In Stock, Says NNPCL / Channels TV Too Follow Edit Tinubu Sickness?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.