Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,796 members, 7,820,794 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Which Is Better Between Iphone11pro Vs Samsung S20 - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Which Is Better Between Iphone11pro Vs Samsung S20 (3265 Views)

Which One Is Better Between This Two Device / Iphone11pro / Which Is Better Between Honor 9 Lite And Infinix Hot 6? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is Better Between Iphone11pro Vs Samsung S20 by descarado: 2:04pm On Oct 29, 2020
I'm very much interested in this debate.
So which one is the best please.
Re: Which Is Better Between Iphone11pro Vs Samsung S20 by Tunex252(m): 2:07pm On Oct 29, 2020
khingTony:

Is it fair comparing a more expensive 2020 phone to a less expensive 2019 phone?
But u were comparing the both

Don't ever compare iPhone 11 pro max with s20 ultra because they are not mate rather you can compare iPhone 12 pro max. with s20 ultra
Re: Which Is Better Between Iphone11pro Vs Samsung S20 by Jesslove(f): 2:12pm On Oct 29, 2020
S20 ultra
Re: Which Is Better Between Iphone11pro Vs Samsung S20 by Akanimoh113(m): 2:13pm On Oct 29, 2020
Ayomarcel:

I've seen so many battery drain videos. And I will watch the one you recommend. I wanna see how a 5000mah battery is below 3969mah of the iPhone. The s20 ultra zoom camera is the best in the world. In fact it is the only camera with a quadruple lens setup that supports 4X optical zoom and 100X digital zoom, with a 108-megapixel wide image sensor, a 12-megapixel ultra-wide sensor and a 48-megapixel periscope telephoto sensor accompanied by a time-of-flight sensor. Nothing beats that. The night mode of the camera is way better than the pro max.

I hope you also know that the 11 pro max camera also freezes.

Oh... It even freezes
So unprofessional
Re: Which Is Better Between Iphone11pro Vs Samsung S20 by Grandmeister(m): 2:16pm On Oct 29, 2020
Op if it’s the regular s20 and not the ultra then go for the 11 pro. Why?
1. You’re guaranteed 5 years(or more) updates and new iOS versions.
2. The camera beats the s20 and the video is unmatched by any phone of its grade.
3. The battery on the 11 pro max is a beast..even the smaller 11pro is easily 10hours screen on time..the 11 pro/pro max even beats the current 12 on battery performance
4. iOS is (arguably) the smoothest os right now, though other phones like huawei, one plus are gradually bridging that gap.
5. The hardwares are easier to get and yes they’re cheaper than sammy’s.
6. Resale value especially for us Nigerians is a future factor.
Re: Which Is Better Between Iphone11pro Vs Samsung S20 by Elxandre(m): 3:17pm On Oct 29, 2020
This is not even a worthy question.
It's simply do you want Android or iOS?
If you deeply prefer Android, you might feel shortchanged when you have to deal with the several limitations of IOS and If you prefer iOS, you might simply want your iOS even though a flagship android is clearly superior.

In terms of pictures, they're both monsters anyway. All those little nitpicking by reviewers aren't things you'd notice in real life pictures. In real world usage, nearly all flagship cameras have stunning quality.

Resale value is a big deal though. If you aren't rich enough to buy phones outrightly without having to sell previous device, you might go with Samsung but if you need to sell before your device to upgrade, Apple is the way to be frank. All androids loose value quicker since the OS isn't exclusive to any manufacturer.

There's also the supposed 'status boost' associated with using Apple devices. Idioots in Nigeria think you're living better once you wield an Apple logo. That might be significant to you, I can't say.

Also support will last longer and bring you new features on Apple. Android manufacturers have lesser duration of support but it is already to mature, they have nearly no feature to add right now.
Imagine my shock when I saw "screen recording from notification panel" as one of android 11 features. A feature already implemented by Samsung and the likes for years.
IOS on the other hand are gradually implementing features already stale on droids in present and future updates. So the update isn't as special as its made out to be.

I didn't plan to type this long o. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better Between Iphone11pro Vs Samsung S20 by Ayomarcel(m): 4:53pm On Oct 29, 2020
Elxandre:
This is not even a worthy question.
It's simply do you want Android or iOS?
If you deeply prefer Android, you might feel shortchanged when you have to deal with the several limitations of IOS and If you prefer iOS, you might simply want your iOS even though a flagship android is clearly superior.

In terms of pictures, they're both monsters anyway. All those little nitpicking by reviewers aren't things you'd notice in real life pictures. In real world usage, nearly all flagship cameras have stunning quality.

Resale value is a big deal though. If you aren't rich enough to buy phones outrightly without having to sell previous device, you might go with Samsung but if you need to sell before your device to upgrade, Apple is the way to be frank. All androids loose value quicker since the OS isn't exclusive to any manufacturer.

There's also the supposed 'status boost' associated with using Apple devices. Idioots in Nigeria think you're living better once you wield an Apple logo. That might be significant to you, I can't say.

Also support will last longer and bring you new features on Apple. Android manufacturers have lesser duration of support but it is already to mature, they have nearly no feature to add right now.
Imagine my shock when I saw "screen recording from notification panel" as one of android 11 features. A feature already implemented by Samsung and the likes for years.
IOS on the other hand are gradually implementing features already stale on droids in present and future updates. So the update isn't as special as its made out to be.

I didn't plan to type this long o. lipsrsealed

Exactly.. both are great phones that will serve you well. It has just to do with preferences. One can get either and will not feel like a loss for not getting the other.
Re: Which Is Better Between Iphone11pro Vs Samsung S20 by officialfestus(m): 5:22pm On Oct 29, 2020
DenreleDave:
Tecno spark 4 is Better than those trash
you say? Oya type say na mistake
Re: Which Is Better Between Iphone11pro Vs Samsung S20 by walesho(m): 6:21pm On Oct 29, 2020
I wanted to get the S20 but changesd my mind when I could not get the Snapdragon variant. Exynos chipset does not really worth it.

OP check out Samsung Galaxy S10Lite that phone is a beast and I dont know why samsung attached 'lite' to its model. Its a 2020 device
Re: Which Is Better Between Iphone11pro Vs Samsung S20 by fredie107(m): 6:42pm On Oct 29, 2020
DenreleDave:
Tecno spark 4 is Better than those trash

U need medical attention
Re: Which Is Better Between Iphone11pro Vs Samsung S20 by Kunja2: 5:58am On Oct 30, 2020
S20 for me
Re: Which Is Better Between Iphone11pro Vs Samsung S20 by fruqy(m): 6:04pm On Jan 07, 2021
khingTony:

And op, I'll suggest you go for the iPhone 11 pro, you're guaranteed 5+ years of software updates, you're guaranteed a flawless OS with better security, You're guaranteed one of the best video camera on a phone, you're guaranteed well optimised app performance, you're guaranteed better battery performance, and also guaranteed a future proof phone that will have a very high resale price in 3-4 years time.

There are lots of differences between the 2 devices starting with the operating system they are using.

Now, you mentioned that ios is better secure than Android? That's a big lie. Go and read and research more about it, also, read difference between jailbreaking an iphone and rooting an android phone.

Samsung has started giving all it's devices 3 major android upgrades and 4 to 5 years of monthly security updates. This alone kills the iphone in terms of security and operational functionality of the operating systems. Android phone is like a mini computer which performs almost all tasks you'll perform on a PC (I use Huawei P30 Pro) and I can't stress enough the number of times I've bailed iphone users with simple tasks like opening up a compressed document.

If the OP wants a limited device, he should go for the iphone 11 pro. But if he wants a power house he should go for android. Simple.

If you just want to use a phone to do basic things, then go for the iphone. But if you want a better value for your money, go for the s20.

Peace.

4 Likes

Re: Which Is Better Between Iphone11pro Vs Samsung S20 by walesho(m): 10:04am On Jan 09, 2021
fruqy:

There are lots of differences between the 2 devices starting with the operating system they are using.

Now, you mentioned that ios is better secure than Android? That's a big lie. Go and read and research more about it, also, read difference between jailbreaking an iphone and rooting an android phone.

Samsung has started giving all it's devices 3 major android upgrades and 4 to 5 years of monthly security updates. This alone kills the iphone in terms of security and operational functionality of the operating systems. Android phone is like a mini computer which performs almost all tasks you'll perform on a PC (I use Huawei P30 Pro) and I can't stress enough the number of times I've bailed iphone users with simple tasks like opening up a compressed document.

If the OP wants a limited device, he should go for the iphone 11 pro. But if he wants a power house he should go for android. Simple.

If you just want to use a phone to do basic things, then go for the iphone. But if you want a better value for your money, go for the s20.

Peace.

You just nailed it. I use to tell my friends if u see me using iPhone 11pro or 12 na because of efizy cheesy

iPhone is boring due to the restrictions on the iOS and don't tell me about jailbreaking because you will void the security of your device

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Idea On Rooting Infinix / My Problem With Carl Care And Infinix / How Can I Send Application Via Bluetooth With N70 Either Protected Or Unprotected?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.