Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,881 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

The Jews And The Hebrews - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Jews And The Hebrews (545 Views)

5,000,000 Jews And The God :is The Israelites God Powerless / Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me / What Does It Mean To "Sin Wilfully" In Hebrews 10:26? - Prince Gabriel Okocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Jews And The Hebrews by Ogamysamo: 10:58pm On Oct 28, 2020
The Hebrews And The Jews Seems To Be Same People But They Are Never One As Not All Hebrews Are Jews.

Hebrew Is A Name Which Was First Found In The Book Of Gen. 14:13 was A Name Used Specifically On Abraham the Circumcised Only, but Unfortunately Not All His Circumcised decendants where Able To Answer This Name But The Promised Descendant And So Was Given to A Nation (Israel). Israel Failed In Their Responsibility To Make The Name receive An Absolute Recognition Approval From God Hence Abandoned It For A More Willing And Obedient Tribe Which Is The Tribe Of Judah, Judaite seems To Make No Sense So They Where Regarded As Jews. Through Which Came To Promised Son Of God And Saviour Of The World
Re: The Jews And The Hebrews by Ogamysamo: 11:42pm On Oct 28, 2020
likewise in the Christian race, it all started with Abraham and was promised to his descendants after him, Abraham fail to wait on God and went in his own ways to have another descendants which was not of God but God was merciful to him in fufilling His promise. It was taking through the covenant line down to the Israelites whom thou accept it but refused to practice it.
they refuse to worship the Father in spirit and truth but tried to conseciate Him in their offerings and sacrifices therefore God warns them in various ways through His prophets but they sturbonly refused to serve Him. they prefer their day to day activities to serving God. all the methods God use to show them love and make them understand His ways proved abortive as they are not willing to obey as Samuel warned in 1sam. 15:22->to obey is better than sacrifice
Joshua also made them understand the need to serve God by choosing plainly before them all to serve God alone but eye service and hypocrisy will not let their repentance last
Re: The Jews And The Hebrews by Ogamysamo: 12:13am On Oct 29, 2020
last of all God sent his Son to them but this time not to them alone but to the whole world that all those who believe in him will not perish but have everlasting life.
even still there are many who still don't believe in him, others said they believe in him but will not learn from his lifestyles because they think is burdensome of most probably impossible. they fail to remember or know that all things are possible with God. they failed to understand that if your faith be genuinely in god your heaviest load will be lighter than you can never imagine. they fail to believe the word of Jesus to his disciple which said we can move mountain if only we have faith without doubt.
they are to worried in excess because of their unbelieve to remember the divine theory of achieving of demands and heart desires including needs.
they think God have fail them because hey have fail to know
they fail because ve lack knowledge of the divine FAITH WITH NO DOUBT'

may it not be our portion in Jesus name
Re: The Jews And The Hebrews by Kobojunkie: 12:21am On Oct 29, 2020
Ogamysamo:
The Hebrews And The Jews Seems To Be Same People But They Are Never One As Not All Hebrews Are Jews.
Hebrew Is A Name Which Was First Found In The Book Of Gen. 14:13 was A Name Used Specifically On Abraham the Circumcised Only, but Unfortunately Not All His Circumcised decendants where Able To Answer This Name But The Promised Descendant And So Was Given to A Nation (Israel).

1. What promised descendant? undecided
2. And why do you assume that the name "Hebrew" was of significance to God to begin with? undecided
Ogamysamo:
Israel Failed In Their Responsibility To Make The Name receive An Absolute Recognition Approval From God Hence Abandoned It For A More Willing And Obedient Tribe Which Is The Tribe Of Judah, Judaite seems To Make No Sense So They Where Regarded As Jews. Through Which Came To Promised Son Of God And Saviour Of The World
3. Did God tell you that He cared about the name "Hebrew" or that He wanted it to occupy a place of "absolute recognition approval" with Him?undecided
4. What responsibility did Israel have in making the word "Hebrew" receive "absolute recognition approval from God"?undecided
Re: The Jews And The Hebrews by Kobojunkie: 12:30am On Oct 29, 2020
Ogamysamo:
likewise in the Christian race, it all started with Abraham and was promised to his descendants after him, Abraham fail to wait on God and went in his own ways to have another descendants which was not of God but God was merciful to him in fufilling His promise. It was taking through the covenant line down to the Israelites whom thou accept it but refused to practice it.

5. Likewise? What all started, for the Christians with Abraham?
6. Abraham had other descendants that were not of God, where did God say this?
7. Why do you suggest that God's fulfillment of His promise to Abraham, after what happened had to do with God's mercy and not God's Faithfulness? 8. I mean God made a promise. Are you suggesting that God should have reniged on His promise to Abraham because, according to you, Abraham failed? Did God while making the promise He made to Abraham suggest that it would only hold if Abraham waited and had Isaac and only Isaac, through Sarah that is?
Ogamysamo:
they refuse to worship the Father in spirit and truth but tried to conseciate Him in their offerings and sacrifices therefore God warns them in various ways through His prophets but they sturbonly refused to serve Him.
9. Who are "They"?
Ogamysamo:
they prefer their day to day activities to serving God. all the methods God use to show them love and make them understand His ways proved abortive as they are not willing to obey as Samuel warned in 1sam. 15:22->to obey is better than sacrifice
Joshua also made them understand the need to serve God by choosing plainly before them all to serve God alone but eye service and hypocrisy will not let their repentance last
10. Did God, who declared earlier on, that the people of Israel were in deed a "Stiff-necked" people, not know of this even from before He made His promise to Abraham?
Re: The Jews And The Hebrews by Kobojunkie: 12:38am On Oct 29, 2020
Ogamysamo:
last of all God sent his Son to them but this time not to them alone but to the whole world that all those who believe in him will not perish but have everlasting life.
even still there are many who still don't believe in him, others said they believe in him but will not learn from his lifestyles because they think is burdensome of most probably impossible. they fail to remember or know that all things are possible with God. they failed to understand that if your faith be genuinely in god your heaviest load will be lighter than you can never imagine. they fail to believe the word of Jesus to his disciple which said we can move mountain if only we have faith without doubt.
they are to worried in excess because of their unbelieve to remember the divine theory of achieving of demands and heart desires including needs.
they think God have fail them because hey have fail to know
they fail because ve lack knowledge of the divine FAITH WITH NO DOUBT'

may it not be our portion in Jesus name
11. Why do you assume those who believe in Jesus Christ fail because of unbelief? If they already believe in Jesus Christ, why do you still speak of 'unbelief' in regards to them?
12. If the main idea is to believe in Jesus Christ so you can use your "faith" to move mountains, and make loads lighter and the lot, what good is it all if at the end of the day, the one who claims to believe ends up in Hell in the end? Many who claim to believe will prophecy in His name, Heal the sick and cast out demons on His name, but at the end, He will deny them for they were never really His.
13. Surely you are aware that the gospel of the Kingdom of God that is taught us by Jesus Christ cannot be widdled down to the generic "faith" gospel taught in your churches in the world today?
Re: The Jews And The Hebrews by Ogamysamo: 12:47am On Oct 29, 2020
I Didn't Mean Christianity Started With Abraham Or Is The fufilment of God's Promise To Him Am Only Trying To Bring to View How God Choose Them And They Refuse To serve Him And The Ignorance Of Some Today Despite Christ has Paid For All That's Why You Can See That i Said Last Of All God Sent To Them His not Them Alone But To Thewhole World.
The Likewise Christian there Is just similely used asin comparison Between Two Things
Re: The Jews And The Hebrews by Kobojunkie: 7:57pm On Oct 30, 2020
Ogamysamo:
I Didn't Mean Christianity Started With Abraham Or Is The fufilment of God's Promise To Him Am Only Trying To Bring to View How God Choose Them And They Refuse To serve Him And The Ignorance Of Some Today Despite Christ has Paid For All That's Why You Can See That i Said Last Of All God Sent To Them His not Them Alone But To Thewhole World.
The Likewise Christian there Is just similely used asin comparison Between Two Things
I am very much interested in what you were saying about there existing some difference ... Jews vs Hebrews.
Re: The Jews And The Hebrews by Ogamysamo: 8:59pm On Oct 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:
I am very much interested in what you were saying about there existing some difference ... Jews vs Hebrews.

if you'll like to know, there's really a difference between the jews and the hebrews
all jews are hebrews but not all hebrews are jews.

in the division of the united israel we have northern and southern kingdom with samaria and jerusalem as capitals of the remaining tribes of israel and judah respectively.
the people of judah are called jews while the remnants which have their capital in samaria are samaritans.
Re: The Jews And The Hebrews by Kobojunkie: 9:05pm On Oct 30, 2020
Ogamysamo:
if you'll like to know, there's really a difference between the jews and the hebrews
all jews are hebrews but not all hebrews are jews.
in the division of the united israel we have northern and southern kingdom with samaria and jerusalem as capitals of the remaining tribes of israel and judah respectively.
the people of judah are called jews while the remnants which have their capital in samaria are samaritans.
I know of this, but what you said of God and the "Hebrew" title as far as the Jews were concerned, is what I didn't understand at all. Also, where did you get that notion from?
Re: The Jews And The Hebrews by Ogamysamo: 9:13pm On Oct 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:
if you see the conversation of jesus and the samaritan whom you'll see in one of her questions .... are you greater than our father jacob?
that shows she is an israelite a hebrew but she isn'l a jew

'you are a jew an a samaritan' came one of her statements

all descendant of jacob(israel) are hebrews and for her to be a hebrew and not be a jew shows that there is a difference

as the nations are abomination to israel the hebrews, so also did the tribe of judah the jews regarded the other tribes of israel which are the samaritans as unfit the don't eat with the samaritans even as they(including the samaritans) don't eat with the nations
Re: The Jews And The Hebrews by Kobojunkie: 10:17pm On Oct 30, 2020
Ogamysamo:

if you see the conversation of jesus and the samaritan whom you'll see in one of her questions .... are you greater than our father jacob?

all descendant of jacob(israel) are hebrews and for her to be a hebrew and not be a jew shows that there is a difference

as the nations are abomination to israel the hebrews, so also did the tribe of judah the jews regarded the other tribes of israel which are the samaritans as unfit the don't eat with the samaritans even as they(including the samaritans) don't eat with the nations
I see! I believe the story of the split started in the book of 1 King (see passage below). Solomon was unfaithful to God and so God decided to punish Him for His unfaithfulness.

1 King 11 vs 1-13
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. King Solomon loved many foreign women, including the daughter of Pharaoh and women from Moab, Ammon, Edom, Sidon, and the Hittites.
2. In the past the Lord had said to the Israelites, “You must not marry people from other nations. If you do, they will cause you to follow their gods.” But Solomon fell in love with these women.
3. He had 700 wives who were the daughters of leaders from other nations. He also had 300 slave women who were like wives to him. His wives caused him to turn away from God.
4. When Solomon was old, his wives caused him to follow other gods, so he did not follow the Lord completely as his father David did.
5. Solomon worshiped Ashtoreth, the goddess of Sidon, and Milcom, the horrible god of the Ammonites.
6. So Solomon did what the Lord said was wrong. He did not follow the Lord completely as his father David did.

7. On the mountain next to Jerusalem, Solomon built a place for worshiping Chemosh, that horrible idol of the Moabites. On the same mountain, Solomon built a place for worshiping Molech, that horrible idol of the Ammonites.
8. Solomon did the same thing for all of his other foreign wives who burned incense and gave sacrifices to their gods.
9. So Solomon did not remain faithful to the Lord, the God of Israel, even though God had appeared to him twice. The Lord became angry with him.
10. He had told Solomon that he must not follow other gods, but Solomon did not obey the Lord’s command.
11. So the Lord said to Solomon, “You have chosen to break your agreement with me. You have not obeyed my commands. So I promise that I will tear your kingdom away from you and give it to one of your servants.
12. But I loved your father David, so I will not take your kingdom away from you while you are alive. I will wait until your son becomes king. Then I will take it from him.
13. Still, I will not tear away all the kingdom from your son. I will leave him one tribe to rule. I will do this for my servant David and for Jerusalem, the city I chose.”

Because Solomon refused to repent, God put in place the plan to divide the Hebrew Nation into two different nations.

1 King 11 vs 30-39
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
30. Ahijah took his new coat and tore it into twelve pieces.
31. Then he said to Jeroboam, “Take ten pieces of this coat for yourself because the Lord, the God of Israel, says: ‘I will tear the kingdom away from Solomon, and I will give you ten of the tribes.
32. I will let David’s family keep only one tribe. I will do this because of my servant David and because of Jerusalem, the city that I chose from among all the tribes of Israel.
33. I will take the kingdom from Solomon because he stopped following me and began worshiping Ashtoreth, the goddess of Sidon; Chemosh, the god of Moab; and Milcom, the god of the Ammonites. Solomon stopped following my ways and doing what I say is right. He does not obey my laws and commands as his father David did.
34. So I will take the kingdom away from Solomon’s family. I chose David because he obeyed all my laws and commands. So for my servant David, I will let Solomon be the king for the rest of his life.
35. But Jeroboam, I will take the ten tribes away from his son and give them to you.
36. I will let Solomon’s son keep one tribe to rule over. I will do this for my servant David, so he will always have someone to rule near me in Jerusalem, the city that I chose to be my own.
37. But I will make you king of Israel.[b] You will rule over everything you want.
38. If you live right and obey all my commands as David did, I will be with you and make your family a family of kings, just as I did for David. And you will have Israel as your kingdom.
39. I will punish David’s descendants because of what Solomon did, but not forever.’”
What resulted were two nations, the Nation of Judea( the tribe which David belonged - later known as the Jews) and the Nation of Israel, all of them Hebrews, but not all Jews.
Re: The Jews And The Hebrews by Thattallgirl(f): 12:32am On Oct 31, 2020
Ogamysamo:

Whether or not you're saying the truth, if u keep quoting that guy, you'll wear yourself out. He likes derailing threads. A little advice.
Re: The Jews And The Hebrews by Ogamysamo: 12:35am On Oct 31, 2020
Thattallgirl:
Whether or not you're saying the truth, if u keep quoting that guy, you'll wear yourself out. He likes derailing threads. A little advice.
K THANKS
Re: The Jews And The Hebrews by peggywebbs(f): 8:20am On Aug 01, 2022
I know you wrote this a while ago but my search led me here. Recently I came across the word Hebrewist through dream. I'd never heard about them until today. Apparently I thought Christianity originated from Judaism. But to my surprise Hewbrewism is more of the Abrahamic doctrine than Judaism. It is the purest form of worship of the Almighty God.

I noticed that not much is said about these people instead the internet interchanges them for Jews. Reading all you've written, you made a clear distinction between the Hebrews and the Jews.

My question is what exactly happened and why are Christians not aware of this? Does it mean that the purpose of Jesus Christ was tampered by the Romans and Jews? If so, that's really messed up.

Ogamysamo:

Hebrew Is A Name Which Was First Found In The Book Of Gen. 14:13 was A Name Used Specifically On Abraham the Circumcised Only, but Unfortunately Not All His Circumcised decendants where Able To Answer This Name But The Promised Descendant And So Was Given to A Nation (Israel). Israel Failed In Their Responsibility To Make The Name receive An Absolute Recognition Approval From God Hence Abandoned It For A More Willing And Obedient Tribe Which Is The Tribe Of Judah, Judaite seems To Make No Sense So They Where Regarded As Jews. Through Which Came To Promised Son Of God And Saviour Of The World
Re: The Jews And The Hebrews by Ogamysamo: 8:41am On Sep 12, 2022
peggywebbs:
I know you wrote this a while ago but my search led me here. Recently I came across the word Hebrewist through dream. I'd never heard about them until today. Apparently I thought Christianity originated from Judaism. But to my surprise Hewbrewism is more of the Abrahamic doctrine than Judaism. It is the purest form of worship of the Almighty God.

I noticed that not much is said about these people instead the internet interchanges them for Jews. Reading all you've written, you made a clear distinction between the Hebrews and the Jews.

My question is what exactly happened and why are Christians not aware of this? Does it mean that the purpose of Jesus Christ was tampered by the Romans and Jews? If so, that's really messed up.

good day miss peggy.
i also notice it has been a while you asked this question but maybe it wasn't attended to all this while cos it was nt yet God's time for it then.

pls bear wit me, i'll answer u in batch 4 more understanding

(1) (Reply)

The Day A "Chief" Of Witches Died Moments After I Had A Fierce Battle With Satan / Should Women Be Pastors? / Gospel Of Lies 1:1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.