Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,801 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

A Rejoinder To Governor Wike’s Ban On IPOB In Rivers State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Rejoinder To Governor Wike’s Ban On IPOB In Rivers State (561 Views)

My Rejoinder To The Cable Story: “ex-firs Boss Nami Approved N11bn ‘suspicious’ / Memes: Reactions Of Nigerians About Beating Of Ekweremadu By IPOB In Germany / I Was Attacked By IPOB In Germany - Ike Ekweremadu Releases Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Rejoinder To Governor Wike’s Ban On IPOB In Rivers State by Eastlink(m): 2:59pm On Oct 29, 2020
In the light of Governor Nyesom Wike’s ban on IPOB activities in Rivers state, I wish to add my voice to the burning issues on ground. First and foremost, let me state here, that I support wholeheartedly the points made by my Governor because only a fool will fold his hand and allow troublemakers forment trouble in his state. Wike’s is not in anyway against any tribe or religion, as the ban is for the good of River state.

However, my message goes to the IPOB members who are beginning to feel or think wrongly. Some have gone as far as call my Governor names and even lash out against anyone that speaks in favour of the ban. It's for this reason that I would like to make my thoughts known. First by beginning with a proverb which says that when brothers fight to death a stranger inherits the father’s estate. This Igbo proverbs tries to extol sense before carrying out actions. And the following points will explain what I mean.

Let me state here that for doubters, that I’m a proud Igbo man (a proud one who is ready to battle anyone that will deny me my ethnicity), and so would never deny my people no matter the cost. But be that as it may, I’m also a proud son of Rivers state, a proud Niger-Delta, one who understands the yearning of my fellow south-southerners. Therefore, in the light of this, I’ll drop all form of sentiments and speak the truth.

First, Rivers state is a multi-ethnic state that believes in the unity and progress of this country. As a matter of fact, aside from cultism and militancy, you hardly hear about inter-ethnic crisis here. This is because we’ve grown fond of ourselves as brothers irrespective of tribe and religion. And it is through this lens that we relate to the bigger tribes like the Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba, and the minor tribes such as the Efik, Ibibio, Annang, Urhobo, Benin, Ishan, Itshekiri, Ogoja, Isoko, Izon, Ukwuani, Igala, Idoma etc. A first time visitor to Port Harcourt may confused it as Lagos. Why, because despite not being a former capital we accommodate everyone and we intend to keep it that way.
Re: A Rejoinder To Governor Wike’s Ban On IPOB In Rivers State by Eastlink(m): 3:00pm On Oct 29, 2020
Second, River state is trying her best to resuscitate the economic fortune that went down hill during the militancy era. Governor Wike himself has not hidden his intention to boost the internally generated revenue of the state. In this light, we are now witnessing the return of the shipping activities in the Onne port with the relocation of Maersk Shipping. The federal government have even earmarked Bonny Island as a potential deep seaport. Even looking at Onne, you’ll see a town that host a lot of industries, from Indorama, Eleme Petrochemical, Intel and other multinational corporations. Any wonder Wike want peace. A lot of people will remember he has called for the arrest of Stanley Mgbere the Onne Youth leader who the elders fingered as cause of the disturbances in their town.

Still looking at it from that angle, we could see that economic prosperity goes hand in hand with the security of lives and properties. Because when people are safe, economic activities will boom. This is the reason why the ban was placed on IPOB. Anyone conversant with the happenings in the Oyigbo axis will notice a constant clash has been going on between IPOB and the Hausa community. To the IPOB members, they are fighting against Fulani herdsmen, but to us indigene, we see a crisis brewing that if not nipped in the bud may flare into a national crisis. And when a Governor fails to put his house in order, you give the federal government an opportunity to call for emergency rule. This we don’t want and this is what my Governor detest.

Since IPOB says only Nnamdi Kanu is whom they listen too, my Governor has reiterated his stance. Anyone caught carrying out IPOB procession, meetings or any form that is perceived to endanger lives and properties will be apprehended. Just as the SE Governors did by prescribing IPOB, Rivers state has done the same. As a matter of fact, Wike even delayed in acting as we had wanted. Hence, why IPOB continued using Oyigbo as an operational ground. But this end from today. Anyone who says he won't listen, we'll be calmed by brutal force. If the Hausa community too say they wont listen, the security operatives will hit at them as well.

Lastly, the ban is in no way against peace loving Nigerians. We will continue to live in peace and harmony in our dear state. Everyone is welcome here except trouble makers.

1 Like

Re: A Rejoinder To Governor Wike’s Ban On IPOB In Rivers State by DeltaFire: 4:09pm On Oct 29, 2020
My brother, this is all the doing of Nnamdi Kanu who is safe in far away Britain.

Please, Asuzu Chinedu Peters of BVI Channel 1 has made a video which I posted here on Nairaland a few minutes ago titled, VIDEO: WIKE DRAWS BATTLE LINE AGAINST IPOB LEADER NNAMDI KANU where he urges Nnamdi Kanu to recant his order for his IPOB cult followers to "take down" Gov Wike. Please, we want no violence in Rivers or anywhere in SS and SE. Let us be calm. Blood flowing is Kanu's desire. We hope those who know him and speak with him can convince him to recant, as he did after ordering the harming of Ohanaeze.

Link to my NL post: https://www.nairaland.com/6214899/video-wike-draws-battle-line

1 Like

Re: A Rejoinder To Governor Wike’s Ban On IPOB In Rivers State by HAccord: 4:24pm On Oct 29, 2020
OP stop calling yourself an Igbo man, check your post-history, the most vilest form of anti-Igbo comments have come from you. Impostor!

Igbos know who is Igbo or not, when you see someone struggling to reiterate his Igboness, then his ancestry needs to be questioned. Igboness comes natural, it is not forced.

That said, Igbos will continue to love those who love them and HATE those who hate them, 100 times over. It's the only way to survive the Lugardian hell-hole as we have come to understand. Wike has NEVER been pro-Igbo. We've watched his body language for years and we know this.

We'll be ready to support the opposition against Wike if comes out for VP or Senatorial elections. If he likes, let him ditch his resource control hat and start wearing 100 red caps everyday after leaving government house. E no go work, because we nor be fo0ls.

The Igbo race still remains a formidable race of a tenacious people on the global stage, respected world over. Na dem dey rush us!
Like lions, we will never eat grass. To hell with local champion Wike and every other anti-Igbo bastard like him, anywhere they are. #WeMove.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Rejoinder To Governor Wike’s Ban On IPOB In Rivers State by ikeyman00(m): 4:26pm On Oct 29, 2020
and its is right for boko harem hausa fulani to divide Egbema into two right one in Imo state and the other in River state

black people kia kia ; never reason well at all at all

and it is alo right for boko harem hausa fulani to come and rape, kill and destroy and move and nobody says anything

the issue is this most people in the Zoo seemed not to know the mess they are living in that their brain cell are so used to garbage

2 Likes

Re: A Rejoinder To Governor Wike’s Ban On IPOB In Rivers State by Afamed: 4:29pm On Oct 29, 2020
Lol
Re: A Rejoinder To Governor Wike’s Ban On IPOB In Rivers State by GeneralStan(m): 4:46pm On Oct 29, 2020
Op is the result of a lack of history as a subject in our education system... quite pitiable...

But I think you need to ask people in oyigbo and let them explain to you the situation before spilling trash here.... My relatives live there till this moment, there is always issues between the iriebe community and the fulanis there and it is mostly propagated by the fulanis non- tolerance to their host and their attempts to bully anyone who challenges them,

last year it was the king's younger brother who fell victim to it and it developed into a clash between them and the youths of iriebe. As a matter of fact it was the youths of iriebe community that prevented them from bringing the Carnage they were wrecking on the shops and properties at the main road into the community resulting to the gun fight that attracted the Army to the community...

Granted that a few of the youths maybe Ipob members but those clashes are usually youth action not Ipob agenda, the Community CSO was live on AIT in an interview and if you had listened to him you wouldn't have written this gibberish...
Write with facts not assumptions please...

Shalom!

1 Like

Re: A Rejoinder To Governor Wike’s Ban On IPOB In Rivers State by Eastlink(m): 10:04pm On Oct 30, 2020
DeltaFire:

My brother, this is all the doing of Nnamdi Kanu who is safe in far away Britain.

Please, Asuzu Chinedu Peters of BVI Channel 1 has made a video which I posted here on Nairaland a few minutes ago titled, VIDEO: WIKE DRAWS BATTLE LINE AGAINST IPOB LEADER NNAMDI KANU where he urges Nnamdi Kanu to recant his order for his IPOB cult followers to "take down" Gov Wike. Please, we want no violence in Rivers or anywhere in SS and SE. Let us be calm. Blood flowing is Kanu's desire. We hope those who know him and speak with him can convince him to recant, as he did after ordering the harming of Ohanaeze.

Link to my NL post: https://www.nairaland.com/6214899/video-wike-draws-battle-line
Exactly, this is our stance.
Re: A Rejoinder To Governor Wike’s Ban On IPOB In Rivers State by History555: 10:15pm On Oct 30, 2020
Eastlink:
Exactly, this us our stance.

Why do you need to lie that you are an lgbo man
Re: A Rejoinder To Governor Wike’s Ban On IPOB In Rivers State by jumper524(m): 10:19pm On Oct 30, 2020
Eastlink:
In the light of Governor Nyesom Wike’s ban on IPOB activities in Rivers state, I wish to add my voice to the burning issues on ground. First and foremost, let me state here, that I support wholeheartedly the points made by my Governor because only a fool will fold his hand and allow troublemakers forment trouble in his state. Wike’s is not in anyway against any tribe or religion, as the ban is for the good of River state.

However, my message goes to the IPOB members who are beginning to feel or think wrongly. Some have gone as far as call my Governor names and even lash out against anyone that speaks in favour of the ban. It's for this reason that I would like to make my thoughts known. First by beginning with a proverb which says that when brothers fight to death a stranger inherits the father’s estate. This Igbo proverbs tries to extol sense before carrying out actions. And the following points will explain what I mean.

Let me state here that for doubters, that I’m a proud Igbo man (a proud one who is ready to battle anyone that will deny me my ethnicity), and so would never deny my people no matter the cost. But be that as it may, I’m also a proud son of Rivers state, a proud Niger-Delta, one who understands the yearning of my fellow south-southerners. Therefore, in the light of this, I’ll drop all form of sentiments and speak the truth.

First, Rivers state is a multi-ethnic state that believes in the unity and progress of this country. As a matter of fact, aside from cultism and militancy, you hardly hear about inter-ethnic crisis here. This is because we’ve grown fond of ourselves as brothers irrespective of tribe and religion. And it is through this lens that we relate to the bigger tribes like the Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba, and the minor tribes such as the Efik, Ibibio, Annang, Urhobo, Benin, Ishan, Itshekiri, Ogoja, Isoko, Izon, Ukwuani, Igala, Idoma etc. A first time visitor to Port Harcourt may confused it as Lagos. Why, because despite not being a former capital we accommodate everyone and we intend to keep it that way.
I've noticed most rivers State citizens on this platform are very good in writing, is like una get good primary and secondary foundation for that state., what them is wrong with your boys engaging in cultism?

1 Like

Re: A Rejoinder To Governor Wike’s Ban On IPOB In Rivers State by Eastlink(m): 1:32am On Oct 31, 2020
jumper524:
I've noticed most rivers State citizens on this platform are very good in writing, is like una get good primary and secondary foundation for that state., what them is wrong with your boys engaging in cultism?
The history of cultism in Rivers state goes back to the 1970’s. If you check properly, you’ll see the hands of military in it. They used cultism to kill our activism. Because they know that when united, the oil politics in the state will come to an end.

(1) (Reply)

Let's Embrace Peace And Unity For A Better Nigeria. / State Governors Set To Stop Tax Collection Concession As States’ Revenues Declin / Reno Omokri: Bodejo Isn't Arrested; Was Kanu Right By Calling Nigeria A Zoo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.