Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,783 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

My Rejoinder To The Cable Story: “ex-firs Boss Nami Approved N11bn ‘suspicious’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Rejoinder To The Cable Story: “ex-firs Boss Nami Approved N11bn ‘suspicious’ (10458 Views)

Ex-FIRS Boss Nami Approved ₦11bn Payments After His Exit - TheCable / Nami: I Was Targeting New FIRS Record When Tinubu Removed Me As Chairman / Works, Finance Ministries Inflated Our Budget By N11bn, FERMA Boss Tells Reps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Rejoinder To The Cable Story: “ex-firs Boss Nami Approved N11bn ‘suspicious’ by midolian(m): 5:31pm On Sep 28, 2023
My rejoinder to the Cable Story: “Ex-FIRS Boss Nami Approved N11bn ‘Suspicious’ Payments After His Exit

My attention has been drawn to a mischievous story by the Cable Newspaper claiming that I made approvals of over N11 billion after taking my pre-retirement leave.

Nothing can be further from the truth. The entire story was sensationally written with mischief that took the ordinary events of my work out of context with the intent to tarnish my image.

First and foremost, I want to categorically state that after my exit as FIRS Executive Chairman, I made no such approvals as claimed in the report.

Fundamentally: It is important to note that no payment was made by the Service after the announcement of my pre-retirement leave as claimed by this story. An approval for payment in the Service is one step of a journey to payment.

It is the custom that when a new Executive Chairman resumes office, he would review, validate and make final authorisation before any payments can be made.

It is important to note for the record that all decisions reached and extant liabilities/ commitments of the Service during my stay in office are contained in the handover notes I made available to my successor, Mr. Zacch Adedeji. He is fully briefed on everything.

For clarity the items listed in the Cable Newspaper Report were part of the N16 billion outstanding commitments contained in our handover note.

The N5 billion paid to Joint Tax Board was paid to fund the activities of Presidential Committee on Tax and Fiscal Policy Reforms two months before I left office.

It was paid after we received a letter to that effect from the office of Mr. President signed by Zacch Adedeji himself.

The report maliciously attempts to portray a picture that I hurriedly left the country on September 16th after these so called suspicious approvals were made.

Again, nothing can be further from the truth. If I traveled out of the country on the 16th of September, how then did I attend the handover ceremony with Mr. Zacch on the afternoon of Monday 18th September 2023?

That handover ceremony was covered by the media, and can be cross-checked.

It is disappointing to see the Cable, a revered online newspaper attempt to sensationalise events that took place in the ordinary course of my work in office, making them seem as if they were done in bad faith

I want to categorically state that every decision I made within the time of my stay in office was within the ambit of the law and within the lawful powers I exercised then as Executive Chairman.

I inherited only N1.4 billion in the purse of the FIRS when I assumed office. I left N129 billion in the purse of the Service when I left.

Muhammad Nami

https://twitter.com/NamiMuhammad/status/1707410837647085797?t=qqt0IUsxIaVfx1qr3gQnUw&s=19

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Rejoinder To The Cable Story: “ex-firs Boss Nami Approved N11bn ‘suspicious’ by midolian(m): 5:33pm On Sep 28, 2023
I hope the mods push this to the front page for all to see.

Some disgruntled elements within the FIRS are looking for ways to tarnish the Ex-Executive Chairman's image.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Rejoinder To The Cable Story: “ex-firs Boss Nami Approved N11bn ‘suspicious’ by Epistasis(m): 5:54pm On Sep 28, 2023
The Namib almost turned that place to Nupe Revenue service the way he flooded his kinmen with that office.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Rejoinder To The Cable Story: “ex-firs Boss Nami Approved N11bn ‘suspicious’ by midolian(m): 6:08pm On Sep 28, 2023
Epistasis:
The Namib almost turned that place to Nupe Revenue service the way he flooded his kinmen with that office.
How do you mean? Every administration will favour some set of people over others, this you must know.

Fowler flooded the service with his own people too..ifeko or what's she called did the same.

18 Likes

Re: My Rejoinder To The Cable Story: “ex-firs Boss Nami Approved N11bn ‘suspicious’ by WiszyFraud: 8:58am On Sep 29, 2023
lipsrsealed
Re: My Rejoinder To The Cable Story: “ex-firs Boss Nami Approved N11bn ‘suspicious’ by Guyman01: 8:58am On Sep 29, 2023
Epistasis:
The Nami almost turned that place to Nupe Revenue service the way he flooded his kinmen with that office.
Buhari introduced unprecedented nepotism into governance and everyone will want to do the same, he was a very bad pretentious leader

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Rejoinder To The Cable Story: “ex-firs Boss Nami Approved N11bn ‘suspicious’ by tonididdy(m): 8:58am On Sep 29, 2023
B4 nko...is he not a family man?

He has mouths to feed...na where man dey work e dey chop

1 Like

Re: My Rejoinder To The Cable Story: “ex-firs Boss Nami Approved N11bn ‘suspicious’ by Boondocxs(f): 8:58am On Sep 29, 2023
Well
Re: My Rejoinder To The Cable Story: “ex-firs Boss Nami Approved N11bn ‘suspicious’ by Maxymilliano(m): 9:00am On Sep 29, 2023
I inherited only N1.4 billion in the purse of the FIRS when I assumed office. I left N129 billion in the purse of the Service when I left.
shocked

Imagine the pittance Tunde Fowler handed over to his successor

1 Like

Re: My Rejoinder To The Cable Story: “ex-firs Boss Nami Approved N11bn ‘suspicious’ by Felix6: 9:01am On Sep 29, 2023
Very dark man
Re: My Rejoinder To The Cable Story: “ex-firs Boss Nami Approved N11bn ‘suspicious’ by Tomap12: 9:02am On Sep 29, 2023
midolian:
How do you mean? Every administration will favour some set of people over others, this you must know.

Fowler flooded the service with his own people too..ifeko or what's she called did the same.
grin
Re: My Rejoinder To The Cable Story: “ex-firs Boss Nami Approved N11bn ‘suspicious’ by Bossma1: 9:02am On Sep 29, 2023
See How Sam Larry was Arrested by the Police As He Sneak into Nigeria
Watch video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsPSe1vWxHc
Re: My Rejoinder To The Cable Story: “ex-firs Boss Nami Approved N11bn ‘suspicious’ by Praxis758: 9:03am On Sep 29, 2023
I’m every dispute/argument, truth is the casualty.

And time is a gentleman, it will reveal the truth sooner or later.

The Blackman is the enemy of the black race and we keep blaming colonial masters for our ordeals. For how long shall we continue to blame colonialism?

2 Likes

Re: My Rejoinder To The Cable Story: “ex-firs Boss Nami Approved N11bn ‘suspicious’ by Ikaeniyan0: 9:04am On Sep 29, 2023
Some people were already asking for his head on a platter

2 Likes

Re: My Rejoinder To The Cable Story: “ex-firs Boss Nami Approved N11bn ‘suspicious’ by ppogba: 9:04am On Sep 29, 2023
midolian:

Ifueko really tried in that area abeg.

2 Likes

Re: My Rejoinder To The Cable Story: “ex-firs Boss Nami Approved N11bn ‘suspicious’ by Judolisco(m): 9:04am On Sep 29, 2023
D same FIRS boss that said he would have broken record if they had left him.... It's good he came out to debunk d story

Omo if dem jst dey call money for dis country my heart go dey shake
Re: My Rejoinder To The Cable Story: “ex-firs Boss Nami Approved N11bn ‘suspicious’ by omowolewa: 9:05am On Sep 29, 2023
Now you are cleared, you can take a bow and go

1 Like

Re: My Rejoinder To The Cable Story: “ex-firs Boss Nami Approved N11bn ‘suspicious’ by Zico5(m): 9:07am On Sep 29, 2023
Ol
Re: My Rejoinder To The Cable Story: “ex-firs Boss Nami Approved N11bn ‘suspicious’ by jojothaiv(m): 9:07am On Sep 29, 2023
😂😂😂

Make I just dey laugh...
Re: My Rejoinder To The Cable Story: “ex-firs Boss Nami Approved N11bn ‘suspicious’ by Skillsnigeria: 9:08am On Sep 29, 2023
Hmmm
Re: My Rejoinder To The Cable Story: “ex-firs Boss Nami Approved N11bn ‘suspicious’ by INTEGRITYA1(m): 9:09am On Sep 29, 2023
I inherited only N1.4 billion in the purse of the FIRS when I assumed office.

I left N129 billion in the purse of the Service when I left.

In this same County where people are saying no money.

Let all these monies circulate naw.
Re: My Rejoinder To The Cable Story: “ex-firs Boss Nami Approved N11bn ‘suspicious’ by Varunpulyani: 9:09am On Sep 29, 2023
If this was exposed when he was still in office I swear these useless sai babarians and head slamming dagger carriers will defend this man because of religion and Buhari favorite.

Oya see
Re: My Rejoinder To The Cable Story: “ex-firs Boss Nami Approved N11bn ‘suspicious’ by Mosba: 9:13am On Sep 29, 2023
This is exactly what you would say if you did approved the payment. therefore, compel The Cable to retract their story if you want us to believe you. Stop taking Nigerians for granted!!!!!

1 Like

Re: My Rejoinder To The Cable Story: “ex-firs Boss Nami Approved N11bn ‘suspicious’ by bewla(m): 9:13am On Sep 29, 2023
S
Re: My Rejoinder To The Cable Story: “ex-firs Boss Nami Approved N11bn ‘suspicious’ by bewla(m): 9:13am On Sep 29, 2023
Varunpulyani:
If this was exposed when he was still in office I swear these useless sai babarians and head slamming dagger carriers will defend this man because of religion and Buhari favorite.

Oya see
c
Re: My Rejoinder To The Cable Story: “ex-firs Boss Nami Approved N11bn ‘suspicious’ by Akaegwu(m): 9:14am On Sep 29, 2023
Lagos Ibadan journalism
Re: My Rejoinder To The Cable Story: “ex-firs Boss Nami Approved N11bn ‘suspicious’ by cpu2006(m): 9:14am On Sep 29, 2023
just 11 billion pere? Small money. leave joor.
Re: My Rejoinder To The Cable Story: “ex-firs Boss Nami Approved N11bn ‘suspicious’ by chigator2: 9:16am On Sep 29, 2023
It's Yoruba and Hausa that destroyed Nigeria, nothing else you can tell me.
Re: My Rejoinder To The Cable Story: “ex-firs Boss Nami Approved N11bn ‘suspicious’ by Deefirm: 9:18am On Sep 29, 2023
You can tell where this one is from already, they're always good at using media to cast aspersions on others, same they want to do to Zacch, to make Adedeji look like a saint. Soon the official communication language in FIRS will be Yoruba language. Their trademark. If Adedeji did the final approval/authorisation for the 5b to JTB, why is he quiet over this development? Wicked set of people.

Epistasis:

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Rejoinder To The Cable Story: “ex-firs Boss Nami Approved N11bn ‘suspicious’ by money121(m): 9:20am On Sep 29, 2023
Imagine

(1) (2) (Reply)

Northern Elders Bemoan Insecurity, Ask Buhari To Resign / Abbas To Meet Foreign Affairs Minister Over Absence Of Nigeria's Mission In Iraq / Herdsmen Crisis: Soyinka Tells Buhari To Address The Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.