Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,553 members, 7,827,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

A Letter To All Nigeria Youth ( The Success Of The Protest) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Letter To All Nigeria Youth ( The Success Of The Protest) (270 Views)

Re: Northern Elder / Northern Youth, The Battle Line Has Been Drawn / End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths / 'Black Lives Matter': Ben Murray-Bruce Joins The Protest Against Racism In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Letter To All Nigeria Youth ( The Success Of The Protest) by Emioluwa: 3:06pm On Oct 29, 2020
Good day fellow Nigerians, and let me first and foremost commensurate with the families that lost loved ones during our struggle for better Nigeria, may God give us the fortitude to bear the inspearable loss.

It's been a very long time I write or talk about state of affairs of our dear nation Nigeria reason best describe ' Diplomatic', but it's very impressive of me to pour out my mind now, not for the sake of Nigerian youth only but also for the purpose of peace of mind.

Nigeria is full of honey and milk like we do say, but permit me to say it's more than that in fact, Nigeria is full of opportunities, full of potential and it's full of a lot of genius and smart people

But it's so unfortunate that, the people at the helm of affairs didn't allow all of these germinate as long you still reside in the country and that's why you hardly see any Nigerian outside the shore of the country that is not doing well in their chosen career.

Almost every Nigerian outside the shore of Nigeria are doing wonderfully well for themselves to the extent that those who are in underdeveloped nation still find their feet but not in the country of their birth, why because of the Corrupt system that have eaten deep into every sector.

Permit me to say this not where I'm going or what I'm here to preach, I don't even have the command of diction or the prowess of using the Queen's language to pass such message across.
The truth is many people have been writing such article for long time now.

Many have continually shown us our problem as a country through different medium but only few has provided solutions or suggested how to be free from the claw of the politicians and their cronies.

Let me say that I have always wanted to write about state of the nation for very long time but the fear is grammatical blunder won't allow me to take such bold step, (Well that was then not again if you found any error here it's not intentional. It's actually the state of educational system of the country)

Where am I?
Okay what nudged me to come out of my shell to write this 750 letter word is because "Nigerians Adjust too quickly to Norms" and it's what annoyed me and trigger my anger.

For good two weeks we are in different strategic places all over southern Nigeria 'Peacefully protesting against #police brutality
most especially #Endsars and it's turn out well even gaining momentum outside the country until sponsored thugs and hoodlums from the enemy of state hijack it and started maimed protestors even to the extent of destroying some of the government properties all in the name of giving our peaceful protest a bad name.

Eventually the protest took new turn on October 20, 2020 i.e 20/10/2020 when the Nigeria Army led their battalion like going to war to the peaceful protester at lekki tollgate and open fire on the harmless youth whom had no gun nor Cutlass or any ammunition except the Nigerian flag and to cut short a lot of sound mind also wasted so many beautiful and brilliance lives that very night which till now they are yet acclaimed responsibility.

The turn of the event make some of the angry youth and wholesome of used and abandon thugs by some politicians go on haywire and started destroying lot of properties and eventually lead to massive looting by the same set of hoodlums they equiped during the last general election.

With this reckless looting and vandalization of properties, government now seize the opportunity to bring an abrupt end to the protest which is their aim from the beginning because it has never occurred to them that youth of the nation could unite in one voice to demand for justice, for all the atrocities the police and the men in power have committed.

On this note, I will like to tell the Nigerian youth and well meaning Nigerians that it's not over yet in short "it's not over until it's all over".

So why am I writing this epistle?

First to tell us well done. Our voice have been heard loud and clear.
Because the whole thing came to them as shock in fact some of them are yet to recover from the shock...

To tell us and even remind us that the death of our heroes both in lekki tollgate and all other part of the country is not in vain and we must ensure we continue with the zeal to get a new Nigeria...

Secondly, to encourage us not to give up now that we just woke up.
In fact we can't afford to give up now, our heroes and the coming generation will not forgive us if we do that.

We must also know that this agent of evil that refused "the tomorrow of the youth" to surface are not relaxing or back out from making sure we get divided base on ethnics and religion line and I must tell you they are using every means to achieve this once again.

Thirdly, dear Nigerian youth, I want to employ us to be our brother's keeper, just remember for days we were under the cold and hot weather, protesting and there was nothing like you are igbo, you are Yoruba or you an ijaw man.
So let continue to remain in one voice, in one accord.

Note and remember we are all 'Human' first before tribe, race, religion or class.
Do let's joined our voices together and continue our peaceful protest online for now and let us also use the media platforms to educate ourselves of our constitution right.

At this juncture permit me to say this;

The hoodlums those politicians used to disturb public peace don't even know their value and right as citizen of this great nation.
Therefore it's our sole duty to educate and enlighten them rather than make them our common enemy.
many of us have them around us in our neighborhood, community and even at place of works...

Let's sensitize them of danger of being patriots to this evil politicians at the expenses of their
nation.

The fourth reason I'm writing this, dear comrade is to tell you not to end your struggles and we should not end all our collective effort on protest alone either physical or online rather we should take a step further by making sure we all get our permanent voters card PVC and get ready for the next election - 2023..

My dear youth we shouldn't stop in getting our PVC only we need to fight this rogues at the helm of affairs in diplomatic way and this is the reason for as many of us that have the zeal, the energy and vision to lead Nigeria at all levels should find a party that promote Equity and justice most especially party that promote " Not Too Young To Rule" and declare their intentions with their clear blue print mission to rescue Nigeria.

From this time henceforth we should continue to sensitize all the youth especially those that are not in the capital city, the importance of their vote and the reason why their PVC is very important

On this note, I want to conclude that Quitters never win and Winners never quit

We all must know that it's our collective responsibilities not to insult the the memory of departed comrades and this is the reason we need to keep reminding our self the mission and not losing focus at any point in time till we achieve the Nigeria of our dream...

Where police will treat all the citizens with respect and where the citizens we see police as friend and not threat.

Where there where will be transparency and accountability in governance...

Were the public office holder will go in just for the love they have for the people and not the love they have for the materials things.

Where the government of the day will be for the people, by the people and with people.

On final note; I want every well-meaning Nigerian youth to know that We won't stop because we are tired but we shall stop when we are done making Nigeria great

God Bless Nigeria
God Bless Nigerian youths
#Endbadgovernance
#Endpolicebrutality
#Endinjustice
#Alutacontinual
#victoryascertain

Written by Ayedero Olayemi
©CoachFlowey
Cc mynd ishilove
Re: A Letter To All Nigeria Youth ( The Success Of The Protest) by Goodmarlian: 3:11pm On Oct 29, 2020
These youths think fulanis are joking ,come and seize power now 2023 no far... grin
Re: A Letter To All Nigeria Youth ( The Success Of The Protest) by temi1290: 4:01pm On Oct 29, 2020
We simply want young and vibrant men and women to take over the affairs of this nation,these old have failed us do 60 solid years,no more political aparty among the youth,we know better know
Re: A Letter To All Nigeria Youth ( The Success Of The Protest) by bossvinqualad25(m): 6:27pm On Oct 29, 2020
If you are an experienced teacher and reside around ayobo, bada Lagos check my signature for my contact .Requirement O level ,OND or NCE
Re: A Letter To All Nigeria Youth ( The Success Of The Protest) by Emioluwa: 1:28pm On Oct 30, 2020
Goodmarlian:
These youths think fulanis are joking ,come and seize power now 2023 no far... grin
. Why don't you wait and see for yourself.
Maybe you don't know that the narrative have change, youth have responded to the Clarion call

(1) (Reply)

Stop Giving Us Awards… Challenge Us So We Can Sit Up, Wike Tells Journalists / Onyejeocha, Olukoya Hold Prayer Meeting With Abia Women / Key States To Watch In The USA Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.