Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,944 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

How ENDSARS Really Started. Not Many People Noticed This. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How ENDSARS Really Started. Not Many People Noticed This. (2353 Views)

How EndSARS Protest May Shape Outcome Of 2023 Presidential Election / How EndSARS Protest Will Shape 2023 Elections / ‘No Tear Gas, No Helmet’ — Senior Police Officers Tell IGP How #EndSARS Went Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How ENDSARS Really Started. Not Many People Noticed This. by Britneyspears: 10:10pm On Oct 29, 2020
Many people have been looking for individuals as originators and masterminds of the ENDSARS campaign but no one is looking at the instruments used to spark the nationwide protest which led to massive destruction and looting.

Just a few weeks ago one musician released a song titled "the monsters you made" or something like that. I can't remember really. The poster of that song alone is one that clearly suggests a revolution. As a follow-up another musician released a song titled "Ferm" or something like that. This song also had an undertone of Rebellion. The musician in fact, took to the street with people running behind him as if to call people to follow him against who ever he is standing up to. Finally one comedian the name cuteAb or something like that took to YouTube to tell his experience in the hands of Sars even when the experience did not completely involve Sars.

Those two songs prepped people's Minds as they both enjoyed massive AirPlay. All that was now needed was a spark. A remarkable event that will flame a massive protest like the one which took place. Sadly the police played right into the hands of moment.

Are there masterminds behind such coincidental releases of those songs back to back. I can't tell. But as a Lagos lawmaker posited, there certainly is a political undertone to the protest. One thing sure is, the events that led to the protest were certainly not coincidental.

The social media influencers also made matters worse. Including a now dissolved popular musical group consisting of two brothers who couldn't manage peace between their wives also came out to educate the government of a country on ways to bring peace to a diverse country such as Nigeria. Their list is already out there. I sincerely pray for this country.

Also let me make it clear that I do not support the activities of Sars.

This article was to call our attention to psychological tactics being used by those who must see Nigeria fail. NBC should wake up to the task and understand that music can indeed be not only a weapon for positive change, can also be a tool for negative and destructive change.

Thank you.
Re: How ENDSARS Really Started. Not Many People Noticed This. by Britneyspears: 10:19pm On Oct 29, 2020
Artists that sing derogatory songs should not only be sanctioned, possibly put them into incarceration. These songs not only destroy the minds of young ones, they practically decide the future for our children.

Nice sang a song in his desperation to remain famous. The song had an undertone which involved asking youths to sit up in the activities of online fraud. That song was released years ago. We all see where we are now. Hushpuppi comes to mind.

There is another raving musician donning dred locks with pictures of him smoking weed and songs of his displaying female behinds and encouraging rape. In a few years time, you will be sure to have more incidences of rape and stubbornness. That musician was clearly not ready to abide by any covid19 rules laid down by the government.

The list is endless. Which way Nigeria. Which way for our grand children.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How ENDSARS Really Started. Not Many People Noticed This. by NNEWIsuper: 10:37pm On Oct 29, 2020
You're leaving the substance and chasing shadow...
#endinsecurity
#EndSARS
#endbadgovernance

7 Likes

Re: How ENDSARS Really Started. Not Many People Noticed This. by dukeprince50: 10:38pm On Oct 29, 2020
k
Re: How ENDSARS Really Started. Not Many People Noticed This. by Sonoyom(m): 10:51pm On Oct 29, 2020
The kind of stupid things that are abundant on this space is just unimaginable. Protest is a right of any citizen, the security system in our country is nothing to write home about.

Am not surprised though terrorists are given priority whilst peaceful protesters are tagged hoodlums and terrorists.

Shit hole stuff.

12 Likes

Re: How ENDSARS Really Started. Not Many People Noticed This. by Britneyspears: 10:53pm On Oct 29, 2020
NNEWIsuper:
You're leaving the substance and chasing shadow...
#endinsecurity
#EndSARS
#endbadgovernance

Indeed. At the start of the burnings, many Lagosians were verily behind the protesters.

Until their houses too started getting burnt and looted.

Shadows eh. E remain small.
Re: How ENDSARS Really Started. Not Many People Noticed This. by Rugaria: 10:56pm On Oct 29, 2020
REMAs rant on Twitter about people making noise online while politicians were getting away with a lot of evil, kind of forced people out of their shell too... I have a feeling that Nigeria is slowly unraveling and it might not be peaceful because of how violently the government tried to squash the last protests..
Re: How ENDSARS Really Started. Not Many People Noticed This. by Britneyspears: 10:57pm On Oct 29, 2020
Sonoyom:
The kind of stupid things that are abundant on this space is just unimaginable. Protest is a right of any citizen, the security system in our country is nothing to write home about.

Am not surprised though terrorists are given priority whilst peaceful protesters are tagged hoodlums and terrorists.

Shit hole stuff.

Bros, carry your book and read. There are saner ways to go about things in a democracy.

You heard a curfew was announced and you refused to leave the streets. Then you blame the truck driver for failing to use his brakes or brains.

Protests that block the road is no longer a protest as such protesters are now terrorists terrorizing their neighbours.

Bros, carry your book and read.

2 Likes

Re: How ENDSARS Really Started. Not Many People Noticed This. by Britneyspears: 11:01pm On Oct 29, 2020
Rugaria:
REMAs rant on Twitter about people making noise online while politicians were getting away with a lot of evil, kind of forced people out of their shell too... I have a feeling that Nigeria is slowly unraveling and it might not be peaceful because of how violently the government tried to squash the last protests..

Hmm... Sincere opinion by you is honored. I strongly stand for peace. But if you are familiar with history, you would know that Nigerians and violent treatment are like 5 and 6. Seems like if Nigerians don't get knocked or ruffled, they don't get back to their proper thinking.

Past Military governments come to mind.

1 Like

Re: How ENDSARS Really Started. Not Many People Noticed This. by CAPSLOCKED: 11:05pm On Oct 29, 2020
EASY FOR YOU TO BLAME CELEBRITIES FOR CORRUPTING MINDS, WITHOUT BLAMING YOUR PASTORS AND IMAMS FOR FAILING TO DO THEIR JOBS OF MAKING THE POPULACE LOVING AND PEACEFUL LIKE JESUS AND MUHAMMAD.

IF YOUR RELIGIOUS LEADERS AND BELIEF SYSTEM EVER DID ANYTHING RIGHT, NIGERIA WILL BE LIKE HEAVEN AND EVERYBODY WILL BE HOLY, HONEST, SELFLESS, ETC.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How ENDSARS Really Started. Not Many People Noticed This. by Sonoyom(m): 12:12am On Oct 30, 2020
Britneyspears:

Bros, carry your book and read. There are saner ways to go about things in a democracy.

You heard a curfew was announced and you refused to leave the streets. Then you blame the truck driver for failing to use his brakes or brains.

Protests that block the road is no longer a protest as such protesters are now terrorists terrorizing their neighbours.

The correlation between the songs you mentioned, the political undertones, the advice you gave to NBC, the curfew and finally the truck driver is zero.

In containing the 'protesting terrorists' the government declared a curfew. What has the government declared to contain the security challenge in various parts of the country? I am not surprised though because the real terrorists are granted amnesty while protesters are shot at in a country we are supposed to be proud of.

I will leave you with the words of J. F. Kennedy "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable". What happened recently is just round 1, subsequent rounds will be louder and more pronounced.

You forgot to point out the fact that the government brought the hoodlums into the equation by hiring them to disrupt the peaceful protest and when their hirelings went haywire they blamed it on the #EndSars movement that was well organised than anything any government (democratic or military) has ever done.

Does 'Occupy Nigeria' sound familiar to you? Or you want to deny that you were not in this country during the 7 days anti fuel subsidy removal protest was carried out. Was the anti subsidy subsidy removal protest done in individual homes? or was it done on the streets? Were the roads blocked during the protest? Did the military open fire on anyone?

As for your advice about reading, i read everyday and also about a wide variety of subjects because i am a teacher so i think you should help yourself in that aspect also.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How ENDSARS Really Started. Not Many People Noticed This. by NNEWIsuper: 7:29am On Oct 30, 2020
Britneyspears:

Indeed. At the start of the burnings, many Lagosians were verily behind the protesters.

Until their houses too started getting burnt and looted.

Shadows eh. E remain small.
Those where the hoodlums the government sent after the people

1 Like

Re: How ENDSARS Really Started. Not Many People Noticed This. by Kezifils(m): 7:33am On Oct 30, 2020
OP, congrats. You finally figured it out. Bravo undecided
Re: How ENDSARS Really Started. Not Many People Noticed This. by AskProf: 7:35am On Oct 30, 2020
If you the OP has an iota of sense, why not post this with your old account.

2 Likes

Re: How ENDSARS Really Started. Not Many People Noticed This. by capitalzero: 7:40am On Oct 30, 2020
Sonoyom:

The correlation between the songs you mentioned, the political undertones, the advice you gave to NBC, the curfew and finally the truck driver is zero.

In containing the 'protesting terrorists' the government declared a curfew. What has the government declared to contain the security challenge in various parts of the country? I am not surprised though because the real terrorists are granted amnesty while protesters are shot at in a country we are supposed to be proud of.

I will leave you with the words of J. F. Kennedy "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable". What happened recently is just round 1, subsequent rounds will be louder and more pronounced.

You forgot to point out the fact that the government brought the hoodlums into the equation by hiring them to disrupt the peaceful protest and when their hirelings went haywire they blamed it on the #EndSars movement that was well organised than anything any government (democratic or military) has ever done.

Does 'Occupy Nigeria' sound familiar to you? Or you want to deny that you were not in this country during the 7 days anti fuel subsidy removal protest was carried out. Was the anti subsidy subsidy removal protest done in individual homes? or was it done on the streets? Were the roads blocked during the protest? Did the military open fire on anyone?

As for your advice about reading, i read everyday and also about a wide variety of subjects because i am a teacher so i think you should help yourself in that aspect also.

Fixed!!!!
Re: How ENDSARS Really Started. Not Many People Noticed This. by MajohBankz: 8:02am On Oct 30, 2020
Keep chasing shadows while the country has moved to revealing the mystery behind the lekki ordeal. Lazy and idle analysis.
When childish Gambino released THIS IS AMERICA, why didn't it cause a protest?
Re: How ENDSARS Really Started. Not Many People Noticed This. by MajohBankz: 8:10am On Oct 30, 2020
Britneyspears:

To the bolded, respectfully keep shut. The government is tyrannic. They deviced different means to suppress the protests which yielded no response from the youths. Touts, opening of nysc camps, suspension of ASUU strike, pronouncement of swat as a replacement agency. They didn't want any hiccup in their model of GOVERNANCE.
Re: How ENDSARS Really Started. Not Many People Noticed This. by scribble: 8:23am On Oct 30, 2020
Britneyspears:
Artists that sing derogatory songs should not only be sanctioned, possibly put them into incarceration. These songs not only destroy the minds of young ones, they practically decide the future for our children.

Nice sang a song in his desperation to remain famous. The song had an undertone which involved asking youths to sit up in the activities of online fraud. That song was released years ago. We all see where we are now. Hushpuppi comes to mind.

There is another raving musician donning dred locks with pictures of him smoking weed and songs of his displaying female behinds and encouraging rape. In a few years time, you will be sure to have more incidences of rape and stubbornness. That musician was clearly not ready to abide by any covid19 rules laid down by the government.

The list is endless. Which way Nigeria. Which way for our grand children.

Only in your brainless shariah enclave can you try such

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How ENDSARS Really Started. Not Many People Noticed This. by Sapiosexuality(m): 9:00am On Oct 30, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
EASY FOR YOU TO BLAME CELEBRITIES FOR CORRUPTING MINDS, WITHOUT BLAMING YOUR PASTORS AND IMAMS FOR FAILING TO DO THEIR JOBS OF MAKING THE POPULACE LOVING AND PEACEFUL LIKE JESUS AND MUHAMMAD.

IF YOUR RELIGIOUS LEADERS AND BELIEF SYSTEM EVER DID ANYTHING RIGHT, NIGERIA WILL BE LIKE HEAVEN AND EVERYBODY WILL BE HOLY, HONEST, SELFLESS, ETC.
Was Mohamed actually loving?

1 Like

Re: How ENDSARS Really Started. Not Many People Noticed This. by Alwaysachick: 9:31am On Oct 30, 2020
Song writers get inspiration to write from their surrounding ,thus the wave of similar revolutionary songs.

Since the hardship and bad governance is not ending soon, Expect more of such songs OP
Re: How ENDSARS Really Started. Not Many People Noticed This. by riches4me(m): 10:14am On Oct 30, 2020
I dont know why people are giving attention to this m0r0n!. @ Op, keeping posting nonsense that follows the NARRATIVE of the useless and good for norhing government in this SHITHO....called Nigeria.
Re: How ENDSARS Really Started. Not Many People Noticed This. by CAPSLOCKED: 11:02am On Oct 30, 2020
Sapiosexuality:
Was Mohamed actually loving?

HIS MEMBERS THINK HE WAS PEACEFUL THE SAME WAY FOLLOWERS OF CHRIST SAY HE WAS LOVING. SO BOTH RELIGIONS "PRETEND" TO BE PEACEFUL AND LOVING, MEANWHILE WE NEVER EXPERIENCE THE PEACE OR LOVE THEY TELL US ABOUT.

2 Likes

Re: How ENDSARS Really Started. Not Many People Noticed This. by Sapiosexuality(m): 11:13am On Oct 30, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

HIS MEMBERS THINK HE WAS PEACEFUL THE SAME WAY FOLLOWERS OF CHRIST SAY HE WAS LOVING. SO BOTH RELIGIONS "PRETEND" TO BE PEACEFUL AND LOVING, MEANWHILE WE NEVER EXPERIENCE THE PEACE OR LOVE THEY TELL US ABOUT.
Lol. He is obviously not. I can agree that Jesus is peaceful but Yahweh is a monster. Yahweh, Mohammed and Allah are in one spot. The fact the Jesus is different from Yahweh tells a lot on how messed the fiction is.
Re: How ENDSARS Really Started. Not Many People Noticed This. by tundchip2: 11:42am On Oct 30, 2020
All i know is that
The police now are having mixed emotions cos they know that we are strong in numbers.
Re: How ENDSARS Really Started. Not Many People Noticed This. by Britneyspears: 12:11pm On Oct 30, 2020
NNEWIsuper:

Those where the hoodlums the government sent after the people

The same hoodlums that were taking videos of themselves doing the looting and burning whilst protesting?
Re: How ENDSARS Really Started. Not Many People Noticed This. by Britneyspears: 12:16pm On Oct 30, 2020
AskProf:
If you the OP has an iota of sense, why not post this with your old account.

I have been watching keenly as a guest but the events the past few days prompted my post.

Old account? Didn't get that.
Re: How ENDSARS Really Started. Not Many People Noticed This. by Lagoon0: 12:21pm On Oct 30, 2020
Britneyspears:

The same hoodlums that were taking videos of themselves doing the looting and burning whilst protesting?
shocked while protesting or after lekki shooting?
Share me the link of the video it seems you've been watching NTA channel 10
Re: How ENDSARS Really Started. Not Many People Noticed This. by AskProf: 12:23pm On Oct 30, 2020
Britneyspears:

I have been watching keenly as a guest but the events the past few days prompted my post.

Old account? Didn't get that.

Tell that to zombies.
Re: How ENDSARS Really Started. Not Many People Noticed This. by Nobody: 12:25pm On Oct 30, 2020
Britneyspears:

Thank you for saying this, most people dont understand that once you start to block roads or take Government buildings like the CBN and Airport hostage, it is no more a protest but an attempted coup or sabotage

2 Likes

Re: How ENDSARS Really Started. Not Many People Noticed This. by Britneyspears: 12:30pm On Oct 30, 2020
No wonder one law maker referred the protesters to as children.

The hand writing is clearly on the wall. Children call for what they have never experienced. It is like a child asking to touch a lit candle. Then gets burnt.

Anarchy is what they are craving. And everyone will get burnt. Of course most of the protesters have almost nothing to worry about. Likewise their weed consuming and cocaine sniffing singer role models.

How is killing the police a way forward. How is letting off criminals from prisons the solution? How about burning of public busses that are collectively owned by tax payers.

Those who experienced the 1967 debacle do not pray for such again. But these youths are asking for a repetition. How many people soldiers go kill abi?

Take a look at the protests in the USA recently. Who came to quell the tension? Was it not the same soldiers? Unsurprisingly, we jumped at imitating the Americans. They had their own street charade. Why shouldn't we?

If you want to cheat, steal and smoke unhindered. Damn the consequences. Isn't it your life?

Well, in a democracy, there are ways to change things. Election is the answer. Reject the bribes. Stick to your desire for positive change. And am sure things will get better.

Finally, the government should begin to hold musicians accountable for their songs. That's the way forward.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How ENDSARS Really Started. Not Many People Noticed This. by Britneyspears: 12:31pm On Oct 30, 2020
AskProf:

Tell that to zombies.

LOL. You clown.
Re: How ENDSARS Really Started. Not Many People Noticed This. by Nobody: 12:31pm On Oct 30, 2020
Britneyspears:
No wonder one law maker referred the protesters to as children.

The hand writing is clearly on the wall. Children call for what they have never experienced. It is like a child asking to touch a lit candle. Then gets burnt.

Anarchy is what they are craving. And everyone will get burnt. Of course most of the protesters have almost nothing to worry about. Likewise their weed consuming and cocaine sniffing singer role models.

How is killing the police a way forward. How is letting off criminals from prisons the solution? How about burning of public busses that are collectively owned by tax payers.

Those who experienced the 1967 debacle do not pray for such again. But these youths are asking for a repetition. How many people soldiers go kill abi?

Take a look at the protests in the USA recently. Who came to quell the tension? Was it not the same soldiers? Unsurprisingly, we jumped at imitating the Americans. They had their own street charade. Why should we?

If you want to cheat, steal and smoke unhindered. Damn the consequences. Isn't it your life?

Well, in a democracy, there are ways to change things. Election is the answer. Reject the bribes. Stick to your desire for positive change. And am sure things will get better.

Finally, the government should begin to hold musicians accountable for their songs. That's the way forward.

Thanks for this.

Those who want anarchy are children of satan

People should be held responsible for anything they post on social media.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Go About Name Correction On NIN / Times Of Israel - The Igbo Hebrews And Their Struggle Against Anti-semitism / Atiku Doesn’t Want Me To Campaign For Him – Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.