Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,597 members, 7,820,145 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Startimes/nta Venture Yielded No Profit In 11 Years – DG, NTA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Startimes/nta Venture Yielded No Profit In 11 Years – DG, NTA (355 Views)

100 Days In Office: Five Times Tinubu Has Yielded To Public, Party Pressure / Nigerian Fighter Jets Bombard ISWAP Terrorists Converging For Meeting In 11 Boat / FG To Begin Ruga Settlements In 11 States Where The Governors Have Consented (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Startimes/nta Venture Yielded No Profit In 11 Years – DG, NTA by Ilochukwuka: 8:13am On Oct 30, 2020
August 25, 2020
By Abiola Odutola

This was disclosed by the Director-General, NTA, Yakubu Ibn Mohammed while he was questioned by the Senate Joint committee on Finance and National Planning on Monday.

The Senate queried the management of NTA over what it called 11 years non-profitable venture with StarTimes.

StarTimes is a Chinese electronics and media company with a strong presence in Africa. It offers digital terrestrial television and satellite television services to consumers, provides technologies to countries and broadcasters that are switching from analog to digital television.

Chairman, Senate Joint committee on Finance and National Planning, Senator Solomon Adeola, asked, “Mr DG are you telling this committee that for solid 11 years, the joint venture agreement NTA had with StarTimes has not yielded any profit despite using your facilities for over one million subscribers.

https://nairametrics.com/2020/08/25/startimes-nta-venture-yields-no-profit-in-11-years-dg-nta/
Re: Startimes/nta Venture Yielded No Profit In 11 Years – DG, NTA by Ibadansun1: 8:16am On Oct 30, 2020
And the Chinese didn't pull out all this while shocked

Nigeria has special type of criminals, I swear cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Startimes/nta Venture Yielded No Profit In 11 Years – DG, NTA by MajohBankz: 8:16am On Oct 30, 2020
No problem for APC as long as they are pro Buhari
Re: Startimes/nta Venture Yielded No Profit In 11 Years – DG, NTA by TecM0: 8:17am On Oct 30, 2020
Every Civil Servant in this country is as corrupt as the Politicians we abuse
Re: Startimes/nta Venture Yielded No Profit In 11 Years – DG, NTA by Nbotee(m): 8:20am On Oct 30, 2020
Dis country is jus beyond redemption... We have a den of thieves at the helm of affairs running things in every sector of dis country..
Re: Startimes/nta Venture Yielded No Profit In 11 Years – DG, NTA by expliciit: 8:31am On Oct 30, 2020
You see the reason why any investment government is involved is never profitable, because all what the government representatives will be doing is making returns to themselves while the government looses, imagine 11 years. I know a star time super dealer who built houses and he is still doing well in his business as a dealer
Re: Startimes/nta Venture Yielded No Profit In 11 Years – DG, NTA by GamalNasser: 8:33am On Oct 30, 2020
I believe them though
Re: Startimes/nta Venture Yielded No Profit In 11 Years – DG, NTA by GamalNasser: 8:34am On Oct 30, 2020
Ibadansun1:
And the Chinese didn't pull out all this while shocked

Nigeria has special type of criminals, I swear cheesy

Even Uber hasnt made a profit since inception and they are still in Business ...That the difference between them and us, they persevere till their business model blooms
Re: Startimes/nta Venture Yielded No Profit In 11 Years – DG, NTA by LagacyHills: 8:38am On Oct 30, 2020
No profit from NTA, am I surprise? Capital NO
Re: Startimes/nta Venture Yielded No Profit In 11 Years – DG, NTA by Ibadansun1: 8:58am On Oct 30, 2020
GamalNasser:

Even Uber hasnt made a profit since inception and they are still in Business ...That the difference between them and us, they persevere till their business model blooms
Baba, do you know when Startimes has been in business?
Re: Startimes/nta Venture Yielded No Profit In 11 Years – DG, NTA by GamalNasser: 9:09am On Oct 30, 2020
Ibadansun1:
Baba, do you know when Startimes has been in business?

Uber started Business in 2009 and Startimes came to Nigeria in 2010. So Uber has even stayed longer without profit
Re: Startimes/nta Venture Yielded No Profit In 11 Years – DG, NTA by Liposure: 9:23am On Oct 30, 2020
NTA should be privatised
Re: Startimes/nta Venture Yielded No Profit In 11 Years – DG, NTA by junketer(m): 9:29am On Oct 30, 2020
NTA, what a channel. Sometimes when I want to be angry I switch to nta and look at the picture quality and I will automatically be angry. Sometimes when I want to laugh I do the same thing and look at the picture quality and i will start laughing. NTA, what an eyesore of a channel.

(1) (Reply)

Application Portal For The N75bn Nigeria Youth Investment Fund Is Opened / #endsars: Why We Won’t Reveal Soldiers Deployed In Lekki Toll Gate –army / Who Looted And Destroyed People's Property In The Name Of Protest In Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.