Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:52 AM

LASWA Commence Clearing Of Hyacinth On Lagos Waterways - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LASWA Commence Clearing Of Hyacinth On Lagos Waterways (18341 Views)

Profile Of Hyacinth Alia, Benue Governor-Elect / Reverend Father Hyacinth Alia Wins Benue Guber Election / LASWA Commences Clearing Of Water Hyacinth On Lagos Inland Waterways (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

LASWA Commence Clearing Of Hyacinth On Lagos Waterways by Lanrelagboi: 8:53am On Oct 30, 2020
The Lagos State Waterways Authority LASWA on Thursday 29th October 2020 commences the annual exercise of clearing and removing water hyacinth across Jetties, terminals, and routes on the state inland waterways.

In a press statement signed by Mr. Oluwadamilola Emmanuel, General Manager Lagos State waterways Authority, Pegging and clearing of the Water Hyacinth have commenced simultaneously at three different locations; Ikorodu, Badore, Badagry, and shall be extended to other zones in due time.

The GM statement reads, "The Governor Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu has graciously approved the clearing of all impediment to smooth navigation including the Water Hyacinth (a highly problematic invasive species) obstructing the free flow of traffic on the State inland waterways."

Therefore the Agency has mobilized the required Labour force and machinery to the project sites to commence immediately.

He added that the first phase of the project is pegging down the water hyacinth to curtail its movement and infestation across ferry channels, followed by an eventual clearing of the aquatic weed using both manual Labour and weed harvesting machines.

The GM further stated that "this effort is to mitigate the occasional damage of Boat Engines caused by this stubborn aquatic weed and to eliminate delays in travel time while promoting the use of water transport as a viable alternative that is safe, fast and secure."

Water Hyacinth is a floating aquatic plant of tropical Lakes and Rivers that grows prolifically on the Lagos Lagoon, hindering Boats and Ferries' movement, especially during the harmattan period.

Mr. Oluwadamilola reiterated the state government's commitment towards improving safety standards and procedures of the state inland waterways to guarantee the safety of all Waterways users.

Therefore, he advises Boat Captains to always drive with caution during this season while soliciting maximum cooperation of all stakeholders to achieve clean, safe, and prosperous Waterways.
https://www.independent.ng/laswa-commences-clearing-of-hyacinth-on-waterways/

4 Likes

Re: LASWA Commence Clearing Of Hyacinth On Lagos Waterways by DenreleDave(m): 9:00am On Oct 30, 2020
undecided. I don't really know how it happened but it just happened..... I made it mum, I made it dad, I made it bro..

Mum, dad & bro: What did you make?

Me: I made Another FTC again.. First African-canadian man to make FTC on nairaland on a Friday in October cheesy grin grin grin

Back to the topic... Ehn ehn.. That's very good anywhere.. I still don't get how those leaves get to grow and spread on water.....

Note: I need a mattress and a gas cylinder at clearance price, probably a used one... New once can' be so costly...... Note the word, clearance price... Please and please, looted one are not welcomed.... I will inspect the bed to know it is used one grin grin grin

Location is within Lekki Ajah...... HAPPY WEEKEND IN ADVANCE

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LASWA Commence Clearing Of Hyacinth On Lagos Waterways by Lastoffourtnyt: 9:00am On Oct 30, 2020
That's a good development.
In Other news, I have clothes readily iron and my shoe classically polished, abeg I need a job in Abuja. I don't care about the pay, just let me wake up and have somewhere to go in mind and not all this man waka stuff. I Have a BSC in public administration. Thank you

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASWA Commence Clearing Of Hyacinth On Lagos Waterways by slawormiir: 9:00am On Oct 30, 2020
damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

DenreleDave:

Back to the topic... Ehn ehn.. That's very good anywhere.. I still don't get how those leaves get to grow and spread on water.....
[/b]

You are not a real niggarrr...they are macrophyte or hydrophyte
Real niggarrrrs got some knowledge, smoke enough weed, drink some beer, bang enough pussy and make some dope money

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASWA Commence Clearing Of Hyacinth On Lagos Waterways by filleSouriante(f): 9:01am On Oct 30, 2020
S

1 Like

Re: LASWA Commence Clearing Of Hyacinth On Lagos Waterways by Xstremebj: 9:01am On Oct 30, 2020
Next

1 Like

Re: LASWA Commence Clearing Of Hyacinth On Lagos Waterways by Liposure: 9:01am On Oct 30, 2020
I commend LASG for the good job they are doing in the state despite the odds

8 Likes

Re: LASWA Commence Clearing Of Hyacinth On Lagos Waterways by Harrykn: 9:02am On Oct 30, 2020
Development don start for mind
Re: LASWA Commence Clearing Of Hyacinth On Lagos Waterways by marvin906(m): 9:02am On Oct 30, 2020
Warri is trash utter trash..
Okowa is a madman

5 Likes

Re: LASWA Commence Clearing Of Hyacinth On Lagos Waterways by jericco1(m): 9:02am On Oct 30, 2020
They're really dedicated when it comes to cleaning I find that to be admirable cool

5 Likes

Re: LASWA Commence Clearing Of Hyacinth On Lagos Waterways by victorazyvictor(m): 9:03am On Oct 30, 2020
Abeg I need crabs
Re: LASWA Commence Clearing Of Hyacinth On Lagos Waterways by ejihand(m): 9:03am On Oct 30, 2020
This issue is as old as Lagos State. Yet we have young men in various disciplines across the country who would technically proffer solution to this issue and probably become wealth by their ingenuity just like founders of facebook, amazon, tesla.

Sadly, they prefer earning degrees (Msc, PhD etc) that has no bearing to Nigeria problems. At the end, they said they couldn't find jobs but would be happy to loot hard working nigerians businesses.

Solve a hard knock issues within your locality technically or otherwise and you are on your way to wealth.

3 Likes

Re: LASWA Commence Clearing Of Hyacinth On Lagos Waterways by sammyj: 9:03am On Oct 30, 2020
grin grin
Re: LASWA Commence Clearing Of Hyacinth On Lagos Waterways by Pavore9: 9:03am On Oct 30, 2020
That "waste" is a rich feedstock for biogas production which can cheaply power kilns to smoke fish.

For those who may be interested in researching into water hyacinth to energy, can watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uJPE8ypv6k

3 Likes

Re: LASWA Commence Clearing Of Hyacinth On Lagos Waterways by Nobody: 9:04am On Oct 30, 2020
alright that's good
Re: LASWA Commence Clearing Of Hyacinth On Lagos Waterways by kuonbe(m): 9:04am On Oct 30, 2020
ijoba kowoje
kuonbe
Re: LASWA Commence Clearing Of Hyacinth On Lagos Waterways by TecM0: 9:04am On Oct 30, 2020
Eko onibaje oo

3 Likes

Re: LASWA Commence Clearing Of Hyacinth On Lagos Waterways by PCG001: 9:04am On Oct 30, 2020
ʟaɢօs statɛ ɢօʋɛʀռʍɛռt ɮɛ ʟɨҡɛ; աɛ aʀɛ օռ a 30ɮɨʟʟɨօռ ռaɨʀa քʀօʝɛċt ʀɨɢɦt ռօա, aռɖ աɛ aʀɛ tʀʏɨռɢ օʊʀ քօssɨɮʟɛ ɮɛst tօ ʍaҡɛ sʊʀɛ tɦat aʟʟ tɦɛ աatɛʀաaʏs aʀօʊռɖ ʟaɢօs aʀɛ ċʟɛaռɛɖ ɨռċʟʊɖɨռɢ ɮaɖaɢʀʏ աatɛʀաaʏs

2 Likes

Re: LASWA Commence Clearing Of Hyacinth On Lagos Waterways by TecM0: 9:05am On Oct 30, 2020
cool
Re: LASWA Commence Clearing Of Hyacinth On Lagos Waterways by KayCee92(m): 9:06am On Oct 30, 2020
Re: LASWA Commence Clearing Of Hyacinth On Lagos Waterways by neonly: 9:06am On Oct 30, 2020
DenreleDave:
undecided. I don't really know how it happened but it just happened..... I made it mum, I made it dad, I made it bro..

Another FTC again..

Note: I need a used bed and a gas cylinder at clearance price..... Note the word, clearance price...

Location is within Lekki Ajah...... HAPPY WEEKEND IN ADVANCE

U wan start to recycle them ♻
Re: LASWA Commence Clearing Of Hyacinth On Lagos Waterways by personal59: 9:07am On Oct 30, 2020
I heard they are medicinal
Re: LASWA Commence Clearing Of Hyacinth On Lagos Waterways by TheManOfPeace: 9:07am On Oct 30, 2020
Will celebrities and social influencers share this good news?,

Anyways, Alhamdulilah

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASWA Commence Clearing Of Hyacinth On Lagos Waterways by DenreleDave(m): 9:08am On Oct 30, 2020
neonly:

U wan start to recycle them ♻

I need it for sleeping oooo
Re: LASWA Commence Clearing Of Hyacinth On Lagos Waterways by KayCee92(m): 9:09am On Oct 30, 2020
grin
Re: LASWA Commence Clearing Of Hyacinth On Lagos Waterways by Cyberterror: 9:10am On Oct 30, 2020
This is something they should be doing all the time. I feel bad whenever I go to Lagos and see all those Rivers and lagoons looking ugly and unkempt. Lagos is an international city for shame sake!

2 Likes

Re: LASWA Commence Clearing Of Hyacinth On Lagos Waterways by TalkTalkTwins(m): 9:11am On Oct 30, 2020
ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EFCC Detectives Quiz Obiano Over ₦5b Sure-P, ₦37b Security Votes Spending / Oby Ezekwesili Tells Emefiele To Resign / Pastor Reuben Launches Tinubu Group In Cross River State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.