Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,767 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

Please Kindly Advice Me - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Please Kindly Advice Me (201 Views)

Please Kindly Criticize This 3bedroom Plan. / I Was Wrongly Advised On A Rent, Kindly Advice Me. / Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Kindly Advice Me by Olatunjibaby: 9:55am On Oct 30, 2020
My landlord increased my rent in the midst of the Covid 19 pandemic. My rent expired in August. Business has been very very dull for me that am running into debt now. I know I will not be able to continue with the rent. I wrote him that I want to quit the apartment by January 2021, which will be 6months after my rent expires. But he refused to accept the letter that I must indicate in my letter that I will be paying a certain amount to cover for the months I will be staying. I begged him explaining my situation but he is still insisting. Kindly advise me on how to go about this. Thanks
Re: Please Kindly Advice Me by DenreleDave(m): 10:02am On Oct 30, 2020
End time landlord

End time house

Some people are just wicked
Re: Please Kindly Advice Me by Dijita: 10:09am On Oct 30, 2020
Olatunjibaby:
My landlord increased my rent in the midst of the Covid 19 pandemic. My rent expired in August. Business has been very very dull for me that am running into debt now. I know I will not be able to continue with the rent. I wrote him that I want to quit the apartment by January 2021, which will be 6months after my rent expires. But he refused to accept the letter that I must indicate in my letter that I will be paying a certain amount to cover for the months I will be staying. I begged him explaining my situation but he is still insisting. Kindly advise me on how to go about this. Thanks

I am just curious why do you write him? You are no longer on a lease? I am not a lawyer but if he increases your rent and you are unable to afford it you can just tell him you cannot afford the new rent. If am not mistaking the onus is now on him to take you to court to evict you and such process especially with Covid will likely takes 2 to 3 months at which point you will explain your situation to the judge. The judge can find against you but will give you probably one to two months to leave the apartment
On the other hand if you have someone you can stay with you can just leave immediately
Re: Please Kindly Advice Me by foreverme1225: 10:11am On Oct 30, 2020
I'm a peace lover, if I were you I would beg and beg , explain to him, then if he still insists, I would lock-up, the worst he can do is to give you quit notice, which still allows you to stay up to six months.

we deal on skincare products, be it body-serum,perfume,lotion soap etc.both on wholesales and retails
our shop is located at trade-fair center Lagos.
we also help those who are in Lagos but far from the trade-fair center to get whatever skincare products they want. at affordable prices, those who are physically not in Lagos can take advantage of this as well. we can get you anything you want and deliver it to you at your location or anywhere in Nigeria, just save yourself the stress and risk involved, traveling up and down.
we build on trust
contact us on.
call:07063256011
whatsapp:07032732893

Re: Please Kindly Advice Me by aaking(m): 10:22am On Oct 30, 2020
Even if he gives you 6 months you will still pay for the 6 months . Just plead with him to give you time to recuperate from all these forms of lockdown.

(1) (Reply)

For Sale - Opposite Lagos Business School, Ajah. / Building/graphics Design At Your Best Quality / Tamar Island By Dangote Jetty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.