Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,475 members, 7,812,467 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:52 PM

Does Anyone Actually Use Android Messages? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Does Anyone Actually Use Android Messages? (2543 Views)

Who Has A Good Fairly Use Android Phone For Sell / How to send texts via Android Messages (Android) using your computer / How To Retract Whatsapp Messages At Anytime Even After A Week! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Anyone Actually Use Android Messages? by Kingofawesome: 10:08am On Oct 30, 2020
So I just found out recently that my Nokia phone supports android messages. I wanted to try it out to see if it was just as good or maybe better than iMessage. I’ve always used iMessage for my messaging because most of my friends use iPhones. I basically use WhatsApp because of people who do not own iPhones( I don’t like WhatsApp)

The thing is I texted my friend who uses a Samsung and it turns out Samsung uses Samsung messages and not android messages.
Picked up my laundry today and the guy uses a tecno phone, found out tecno doesn’t support android messages. So I actually haven’t been able to try it out. Is there anyone on nairaland who uses android messages on their android device?
Re: Does Anyone Actually Use Android Messages? by Flytime: 10:11am On Oct 30, 2020
The only edge iMessage has is the ability to use data to chat with other people using iMessage

Android message is a little bit crappy

It's rarely used to chat especially in countries like Nigeria in which using normal texting for chatting seems foolish because of the price per text
Re: Does Anyone Actually Use Android Messages? by Kingofawesome: 10:13am On Oct 30, 2020
Flytime:
The only edge iMessage has is the ability to use data to chat with other people using iMessage

Android message is a little bit crappy

It's rarely used to chat especially in countries like Nigeria in which normal texting seems foolish lately because of the price per text

Android messages uses data to chat
You turn it on in your messages apps
That’s why I wanted to see how it works
Re: Does Anyone Actually Use Android Messages? by wildlife9999(m): 12:11pm On Oct 30, 2020
I don't use it true caller is taking
Re: Does Anyone Actually Use Android Messages? by Thebwoy: 1:27pm On Oct 30, 2020
How does it work
I have Android message on my phone
Is it a separate app from normal message app.
Re: Does Anyone Actually Use Android Messages? by Osasnidas(m): 3:04pm On Oct 30, 2020
I have it too on my Nokia 5.1 plus. Its a new feature I guess... Most people I know don't own a Nokia phone... But i would like to test it out...

Re: Does Anyone Actually Use Android Messages? by ddjay: 3:12pm On Oct 30, 2020
Kingofawesome:
So I just found out recently that my Nokia phone supports android messages. I wanted to try it out to see if it was just as good or maybe better than iMessage. I’ve always used iMessage for my messaging because most of my friends use iPhones. I basically use WhatsApp because of people who do not own iPhones( I don’t like WhatsApp)

The thing is I texted my friend who uses a Samsung and it turns out Samsung uses Samsung messages and not android messages.
Picked up my laundry today and the guy uses a tecno phone, found out tecno doesn’t support android messages. So I actually haven’t been able to try it out. Is there anyone on nairaland who uses android messages on their android device?

There are different iMessage apps on playstore,which one are u referring to
Re: Does Anyone Actually Use Android Messages? by angelfallz(m): 3:13pm On Oct 30, 2020
The power of any messaging app is not its features, but, in its user base.
Whatsapp is number 1 in the world today because of its user base. I prefer telegram, but then enough people don't use telegram.
It would be hard to use and enjoy Android messages when there are few people using the app.
I also read something about RCS being pushed, its a protocol that effectively replaces SMS.
Anyway, right now users are spoilt for choice when it comes to messaging apps, however, you can only use the messaging app that is popular worldwide(whatsapp) or the messaging app that is popular within your circle(iMessage, telegram etc)

2 Likes

Re: Does Anyone Actually Use Android Messages? by ddjay: 3:24pm On Oct 30, 2020
angelfallz:
Whatsapp is number 1 in the world today because of its user base. I prefer telegram, but then enough people don't use telegram.
It would be hard to use and enjoy Android messages when there are few people using the app.
I also read something about RCS being pushed, its a protocol that effectively replaces SMS.
Anyway, right now users are spoilt for choice when it comes to messaging apps, however, you can only use the messaging app that is popular worldwide(whatsapp) or the messaging app that is popular within your circle(iMessage, telegram etc)
I saw different iMessage apps on playstore, which is the right one
Re: Does Anyone Actually Use Android Messages? by angelfallz(m): 3:39pm On Oct 30, 2020
ddjay:

I saw different iMessage apps on playstore, which is the right one

On playstore? To the best of my knowledge iMessage is strictly for Iphone users. It works with iOS not android.
Re: Does Anyone Actually Use Android Messages? by ddjay: 3:53pm On Oct 30, 2020
angelfallz:

On playstore? To the best of my knowledge iMessage is strictly for Iphone users. It works with iOS not android.
Ok
Re: Does Anyone Actually Use Android Messages? by Kingofawesome: 4:39pm On Oct 30, 2020
Osasnidas:
I have it too on my Nokia 5.1 plus. Its a new feature I guess... Most people I know don't own a Nokia phone... But i would like to test it out...
Yes, same as on mine
Just haven’t been able to use it cause no one to use it with. Maybe we can try it out?

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Actually Use Android Messages? by KrazyDave16(m): 6:52pm On Oct 30, 2020
Looks like Google messages to me, not Android messages.

You can chat with others who installed this app and enabled the chat feature or RCS on theirs with data, like some do with iMessage but unfortunately RCS is supposed to be activated by your network provider.
Re: Does Anyone Actually Use Android Messages? by KrazyDave16(m): 6:55pm On Oct 30, 2020
angelfallz:

What telegram needs is to add the status feature (hate it) and they'd be competing with WhatsApp, especially cos some features on Telegram are better.

For RCS, that's supposed to be activated by your network provider (they won't cos they'd lose out on getting some profits off texts) but Google is looking for a workaround.

3 Likes

Re: Does Anyone Actually Use Android Messages? by Osasnidas(m): 7:20pm On Oct 30, 2020
Kingofawesome:

Yes, same as on mine
Just haven’t been able to use it cause no one to use it with. Maybe we can try it out?
alright.... I also get random chat feature code from Google...
Re: Does Anyone Actually Use Android Messages? by Osasnidas(m): 7:41pm On Oct 30, 2020
Kingofawesome:

Yes, same as on mine

I guess the chat will only recognise a number link to your Google account..
Re: Does Anyone Actually Use Android Messages? by Osasnidas(m): 10:12pm On Oct 31, 2020
Confirmed... It's very much amazing..
Re: Does Anyone Actually Use Android Messages? by Kingofawesome: 10:12pm On Oct 31, 2020
Well Osinadas and I tried it out. And it works just like iMessage. iMessage still has the edge tho because of memoji Animoji and game Pigeon. An apt description of android messages would be that it is very similar to iOS 10 version of iMessage .
And everyone with an android can use android messages. They just have to have the default google messages

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Anyone Actually Use Android Messages? by Flytime: 11:43pm On Oct 31, 2020
Kingofawesome:
Well Osinadas and I tried it out. And it works just like iMessage. iMessage still has the edge tho because of memoji Animoji and game Pigeon. An apt description of android messages would be that it is very similar to iOS 10 version of iMessage .
And everyone with an android can use android messages. They just have to have the default google messages
in summary it works with data right?
Re: Does Anyone Actually Use Android Messages? by lankyy: 11:50pm On Oct 31, 2020
knowing about this the first time
Re: Does Anyone Actually Use Android Messages? by Kingofawesome: 12:32am On Nov 01, 2020
Flytime:
in summary it works with data right?
Yes it does
Re: Does Anyone Actually Use Android Messages? by Sarmiz24(m): 12:57am On Nov 01, 2020
Trash go get an iPhone and stop looking for a replicate of iMessage sad
No amount of apps Android has will ever make it too apple

2 Likes

Re: Does Anyone Actually Use Android Messages? by Kingofawesome: 1:28am On Nov 01, 2020
Sarmiz24:
People like you are the reason we were taught comprehension skills from primary through secondary schools.
Read to understand.

4 Likes

Re: Does Anyone Actually Use Android Messages? by Flytime: 2:28am On Nov 01, 2020
lankyy:
knowing about this the first time
I knew about it but I never thought it would work in our region

I thought that future wasn't available in our region and was just a useless option since I tried sendinga message to someone with my data on and it didn't work
Re: Does Anyone Actually Use Android Messages? by KrazyDave16(m): 8:13am On Nov 01, 2020
Sarmiz24:
So because of texting he should get an iPhone ba undecided

Even @bolded shows you know NOTHING!

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Actually Use Android Messages? by KrazyDave16(m): 8:15am On Nov 01, 2020
Flytime:
I knew about it but I never thought it would work in our region

I thought that future wasn't available in our region and was just a useless option since I tried sendinga message to someone with my data on and it didn't work
Only works if the receiver activates this feature.
If not, you'll be paying the SMS fee.
Re: Does Anyone Actually Use Android Messages? by Sarmiz24(m): 8:16am On Nov 01, 2020
KrazyDave16:

So because of texting he should get an iPhone ba undecided

Even @bolded shows you know NOTHING!
Man just get an iPhone and forget all this long cap, I have an Android phone and an iPhone trust me android is nothing compared to iPhone... android na packaged trash

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Actually Use Android Messages? by Sarmiz24(m): 8:17am On Nov 01, 2020
Kingofawesome:

People like you are the reason we were taught comprehension skills from primary through secondary schools.
Read to understand.
Sorry Mr engrish, how much u don make with all this ur comprehension skills lol

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Actually Use Android Messages? by KrazyDave16(m): 8:22am On Nov 01, 2020
Sarmiz24:

Man just get an iPhone and forget all this long cap, I have an Android phone and an iPhone trust me android is nothing compared to iPhone... android na packaged trash
As Android na packaged trash to you, iPhones na overhyped and overpriced hardware to me.

I've handled 7+, 8, X, XR and 11 Pro and the phone no dey shack me again. The hype I felt from handling iPhone 7+ for the first time is dead.

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Actually Use Android Messages? by Sarmiz24(m): 8:27am On Nov 01, 2020
KrazyDave16:

As Android na packaged trash to you, iPhones na overhyped and overpriced hardware to me.

I've handled 7+, 8, X, XR and 11 Pro and the phone no dey shack me again. The hype I felt from handling iPhone 7+ for the first time is dead.
Lol All CAPS no facts, hope is not my own kind of 11Pro max u used cuz that machine is a bomb ....notin like overpriced if u can afford a device and there is nothing like overhyped if u haven’t actually used the device... u probably too accustomed to android to notice the good in apple, like u can’t just hate that device
I’m currently working my way to getting 12 so the enjoyment will be upgraded cool
Re: Does Anyone Actually Use Android Messages? by KrazyDave16(m): 8:40am On Nov 01, 2020
Sarmiz24:

Lol All CAPS no facts, hope is not my own kind of 11Pro max u used cuz that machine is a bomb ....notin like overpriced if u can afford a device and there is nothing like overhyped if u haven’t actually used the device... u probably too accustomed to android to notice the good in apple, like u can’t just hate that device
I’m currently working my way to getting 12 so the enjoyment will be upgraded cool
There are people here who can afford to buy 5 of that 12 Pro Max 512GB variant without breaking a sweat, them no dey make too much noise but they prefer Android devices instead.

And I said 11 Pro (it was chip unlocked) and if you like believe I'm lying if that'll help your ego.

My decision to stick with Android got nothing to do with me being accoustomed to the ecosystem, it's the freedom to do whatever I want with my device on a superuser/admin level.

If you gift me any Apple product (except iPad), I'll sell it.

Sorry for the long capping.
Good luck with getting your iPhone 12.

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Actually Use Android Messages? by Sarmiz24(m): 8:48am On Nov 01, 2020
KrazyDave16:

There are people here who can afford to buy 5 of that 12 Pro Max 512GB variant without breaking a sweat, them no dey make too much noise but they prefer Android devices instead.

And I said 11 Pro (it was chip unlocked) and if you like believe I'm lying if that'll help your ego.

My decision to stick with Android got nothing to do with me being accoustomed to the ecosystem, it's the freedom to do whatever I want with my device on a superuser/admin level.

If you gift me any Apple product (except iPad), I'll sell it.

Sorry for the long capping.
Good luck with getting your iPhone 12.
Lol good luck to you too, and happy new month sir/ma

(1) (2) (Reply)

THROW BACK: Can You Remember / Airtel Unlimited Plan Not 4 Everyone / HOT: Remove Disturbing Adverts And Liscense From Your Favorite Android Apps!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.