Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,026 members, 7,810,831 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:29 PM

Muhammad In The Bible: Debunked - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Muhammad In The Bible: Debunked (1706 Views)

Google Home Disables Answers To Buddha Muhammad In Response To Jesus Controversy / Police Disperse March For Prophet Muhammad In Kaduna . By Abdulmumin Giwa / Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muhammad In The Bible: Debunked by sagenaija: 11:08am On Oct 30, 2020
Muhammad in the Bible: Debunked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVlzy9KZMlY
It is a fundamental Islamic claim that Mohamed was prophesied in the Bible and by Jesus. The Apostate Prophet looks at this strange claim and quickly destroys it.

How come that those who claim that the Bible has been corrupted still run to it to search for "Mohamed" in the book?

3 Likes

Re: Muhammad In The Bible: Debunked by MOLOTOVcockTAIL(m): 11:12am On Oct 30, 2020
Why not go look for him in the Koran? People can look for trouble!
Re: Muhammad In The Bible: Debunked by tartar9(m): 12:06pm On Oct 30, 2020
MOLOTOVcockTAIL:
Why not go look for him in the Koran? People can look for trouble!
Why are you looking for Jesus in judaism's scriptures? People can look for trouble!
Re: Muhammad In The Bible: Debunked by officialbeffinb(m): 12:39pm On Oct 30, 2020
PROPHET MUHAMMAD (pbuh) IN THE BIBLE
by Dr. Zakir Naik

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) in the Old Testament:

The Qur’an mentions in Surah Al-Araf chapter 7 verse 157:

"Those who follow the Messenger, the unlettered Prophet, whom they find mentioned in their own (scriptures) in the law and the Gospel".

MUHAMMAD (PBUH) PROPHESISED IN THE BOOK OF DEUTERONOMY:

Almighty God speaks to Moses in Book of Deuteronomy chapter 18 verse 18:

"I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and I will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him."

The Christians say that this prophecy refers to Jesus (pbuh) because Jesus (pbuh) was like Moses (pbuh). Moses (pbuh) was a Jew, as well as Jesus (pbuh) was a Jew. Moses (pbuh) was a Prophet and Jesus (pbuh) was also a Prophet.

If these two are the only criteria for this prophecy to be fulfilled, then all the Prophets of the Bible who came after
Moses (pbuh) such as Solomon, Isaiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, Hosea, Joel, Malachi, John the Baptist, etc. (pbut) will
fulfill this prophecy since all were Jews as well as prophets.

However, it is Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) who is like Moses (pbuh):

i)

Both had a father and a mother, while Jesus (pbuh) was born miraculously without any male intervention.

[Mathew 1:18 and Luke 1:35 and also Al-Qur'an 3:42-47]

ii)
Both were married and had children. Jesus (pbuh) according to the Bible did not marry nor had children.

iii)
Both died natural deaths. Jesus (pbuh) has been raised up alive. (4:157-158)

Muhammad (pbuh) is from among the brethren of Moses (pbuh). Arabs are brethren of Jews. Abraham (pbuh) had two sons: Ishmail and Isaac (pbut). The Arabs are the descendants of Ishmail (pbuh) and the Jews are the descendants of Isaac (pbuh).

Words in the mouth:

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was unlettered and whatever revelations he received from Almighty God he repeated them verbatim.

"I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him."

[Deuteronomy 18:18]

iv)
Both besides being Prophets were also kings i.e. they could inflict capital punishment. Jesus (pbuh) said, "My kingdom is not of this world." (John 18:36).

v)
Both were accepted as Prophets by their people in their lifetime but Jesus (pbuh) was rejected by his
people. John chapter 1 verse 11 states, "He came unto his own, but his own received him not."

iv)
Both brought new laws and new regulations for their people. Jesus (pbuh) according to the Bible did not bring any new laws. (Mathew 5:17-18).

It is Mentioned in the book of Deuteronomy chapter 18:19

"And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not harken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him."

Muhammad (pbuh) is prophesised in the book of Isaiah:

It is mentioned in the book of Isaiah chapter 29 verse 12:

"And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned."

When Archangel Gabrail commanded Muhammad (pbuh) by saying Iqra - "Read", he replied, "I am not learned".

prophet Muhammad (pbuh) mentioned by name in the old testament:

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is mentioned by name in the Song of Solomon chapter 5 verse 16:

"Hikko Mamittakim we kullo Muhammadim Zehdoodeh wa Zehraee Bayna Jerusalem."

"His mouth is most sweet: yea, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters
of Jerusalem."

In the Hebrew language im is added for respect. Similarely im is added after the name of Prophet Muhammad
(pbuh) to make it Muhammadim. In English translation they have even translated the name of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) as "altogether lovely", but in the Old Testament in Hebrew, the name of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is yet present.

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) in the New Testament:

Al-Qur'an Chapter 61 Verse 6:

"And remember, Jesus, the son of Mary, said, 'O Children of Israel! I am the messenger of Allah (sent) to you, confirming the Law (which came) before me and giving glad tidings of a messenger to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmed.' But when he came to them with clear signs, they said, 'This is evident sorcery!' "

All the prophecies mentioned in the Old Testament regarding Muhammad (pbuh) besides applying to the Jews also hold good for the Christians.

John chapter 14 verse 16:
"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever."

Gospel of John chapter 15 verse 26:

"But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which
proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me."

Gospel of John chapter 16 verse 7:

"Nevertheless I tell you the truth; it is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not
come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you".

"Ahmed" or "Muhammad" meaning "the one who praises" or "the praised one" is almost the translation of the
Greek word Periclytos. In the Gospel of John 14:16, 15:26, and 16:7. The word 'Comforter' is used in the English translation for the Greek word Paracletos which means advocate or a kind friend rather than a comforter.
Paracletos is the warped reading for Periclytos. Jesus (pbuh) actually prophesised Ahmed by name. Even the
Greek word Paraclete refers to the Prophet (pbuh) who is a mercy for all creatures.

Some Christians say that the Comforter mentioned in these prophecies refers to the Holy Sprit. They fail to realise
that the prophecy clearly says that only if Jesus (pbuh) departs will the Comforter come. The Bible states that the
Holy Spirit was already present on earth before and during the time of Jesus (pbuh), in the womb of Elizabeth, and again when Jesus (pbuh) was being baptised, etc. Hence this prophecy refers to none other than Prophet
Muhammad (pbuh).

Gospel of John chapter 16 verse 12-14:

"I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth is
come, he will guide you unto all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me".

The Sprit of Truth, spoken about in this prophecy referes to none other than Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)
NOTE: All quotations of the Bible are taken from the King James Version.

Reference: http://www.irf.net/irf/comparativereligion/index.htm
Re: Muhammad In The Bible: Debunked by officialbeffinb(m): 12:52pm On Oct 30, 2020
The Name Muhammad Mentioned in the Bible
There is an important prophecy in the Song of Solomon (5:9-16). In this prophecy, the one who is spoken of here is the beloved of God. One of the titles of Hazrat Muhammad(saw) is Habibullah — the beloved one of God. Secondly: “My beloved is white and ruddy”. This was the color of Hazrat Muhammad(saw), Thirdly, “Chiefest among then thousands”. We have already shown that Hazrat Muhammad(saw) was at the head of ten thousand followers at the time of the conquest of Mecca. The fourth and most striking point in this prophecy is the name of Hazrat Muhammad(saw) in verse 16. It reads: “Yea, he is altogether lovely” in English Bible. In the Hebrew Bible, the word is “Muhammad-im”. See Hebrew Bible printed for the British and Foreign Bible Society by Trowitzsch & Sons, Berlin, P. 1159.

The Promised Comforter of the Gospel
The prophecy runs as follows:

“If ye love me, keep my commands. And I will pray to the Father and He shall give you another Comforter. That he may abide with you forever; even the Spirit of truth.” (John 14:15-17)

“But the Comforter which is the Holy Ghost whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things..” (John 14:26)

Again:

“Nevertheless, I tell you the truth; it is expedient for you that I go away, for if I go not away the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.” (John 16:7)

“I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth; for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak; and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me.” (John 16:12-14)

John 14:26 says that the Holy Ghost is the Comforter. This claim is contrary to the plain and unambiguous words of John 16:7, wherein Jesus(as) says that his going away, i.e., the death of Jesus is inevitably necessary of the coming of the Comforter. The New Testament says that John was filled with the Holy Ghost even before he was born (Luke 1:14), and speaks of Jesus(as) himself as receiving the Holy Ghost in the form of a dove (Matthew 3:16)Thus, the Holy Ghost was wont to visit men before Jesus(as) as well as in his own time. To what, then is the reference in the words, “If I go not away the Comforter will not come unto you.” Surely not to the Holy Ghost; for it is a matter of common knowledge that the Holy Ghost was co-existing with Jesus(as), and it would be sacrilegious to think for a moment that Jesus(as) was without the Holy Ghost. So, the Comforter was someone other than the Holy Ghost.

This also supports our assertion that there have been many interpolations in the existing Christian Bible. It is quite obvious that the Comforter cannot be the Holy Ghost, as Jesus(as) uses the pronoun “he” instead of “it” in connection with the Comforter.

Comforter Was To Bring Complete Teachings
According to the prophecy: The Comforter, the Spirit of truth, “will guide you into all truth”. The Holy Prophet Muhammad(saw) was the only prophet who claimed to have brought the complete teachings through the Holy Quran about which Devenport Says:

” The Quran is the general code of the Muslim world; a social, civil, commercial, military, judicial, criminal, penal and yet religious code; by it everything is regulated; from the ceremonies of religion to those of daily life; from salvation of the soul to the health of the body; from the rights of general community to those of society, from morality to crime, from punishment here to that of the life to come.”

According to the prophecy: the Comforter would not speak of himself but “whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak”. The spirit descended upon the Apostles at Pentecost was not the Comforter who should not speak of himself, for this spirit broke even the body in which it dwelt. “Me, I, my, we, ourselves” were words uttered by Peter, John, Phillip, James, and by twelve when they assembled together. Hence, the words of prophecy cannot be twisted to the Holy Ghost, which was given to them already as is clear from John 20:22 — “And when he (Jesus) had said this, he breathed on then, and saith unto them. Receive ye the Holy Ghost.”Moreover, the Holy Ghost, being the third person of the Trinity, is a co-partner in the God-head and has a fair claim to at least one third of it. Why, then should it be reduced to the status of a recipient, hearing anything from any other person. It is, on the hand, the active agent imparting words to others who should communicate them to mankind. Obviously, the passage refers to a man inspired by God, who will transmit to others nothing beyond what is revealed to him. “He doth not speak of himself, but it is the word of God that is revealed to him” says the Holy Quran (53:4-5).

The Comforter is repeatedly spoken of in the Bible as the “Spirit of Truth” and it may be observed here in passing that the word Comforter cannot, by stretch of fancy, be twisted to fit in with the Holy Ghost, for nowhere in the Bible is the latter called the Spirit of Truth. Furthermore, Jesus(as) speaks of Him as another Comforter. Jesus(as) himself, of course, was one Comforter. The other Comforter foretold, therefore, must also be mortal like himself.

The Quranic picture is the same in this respect when it proclaims the advent of the Holy Prophet(saw) thus: “Qul Jaa’al Haqqo Wa Zahaqal Baatilo, Innal Baatila Kaana Zahooqa” — Say, the Spirit of Truth is come and falsehood is vanished. (Al-Quran 17:82)

It is futile to object that the Holy Prophet(saw) was a man and not a “Spirit”. The Bible itself has used the word “Spirit” in a large variety of senses, as for example: “The Spirit is willing but flesh is weak” where it signifies the spiritual part of man. Again, it is also used to stand for God, both in the Holy Quran and the Bible, as descending upon the righteous, and yet again it signifies a holy person: That which is born of the spirit is spirit”. The Christian contention that the word “spirit” cannot apply to corporal being is therefore without basis.

Hazrat Muhammad(saw) Cleared Jesus(as) of All False Charges
Another function of the Comforter is: “He shall glorify me,” which implies the presence of a human being to bear evidence. What the Holy Ghost can, at best, do is no more than to install into human minds. This, however, is anything but glorifying. Even granting, for the sake of argument, that the Holy Ghost did actually bear witness through human beings, the question arises whether he did purify Jesus(as) of the false charges laid at his door.The Jews heaped curses upon him and alleged that he had died on the cross, which they regarded according to the Scriptures as an accursed death. Did the Christians, inspired by the Holy Ghost, clear him of this? No! On the contrary, they assisted the Jews in their blasphemous propaganda, by admitting his death on the cross. Furthermore, they imputed to him the most abominable offense, namely, that he called himself the son of God in the literal sense.

The Holy Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of God be upon him) alone fulfilled these prophetic words of the Gospel. He it was who emphatically pronounced the divine word: “I shall purify thee (O Jesus) of all the false charges imputed to thee by the disbelievers.” (Al-Quran 3:56) How far the Holy Prophet(saw) succeeded in achieving this can be judged from the fact that every Muslim looks upon Jesus (peace be upon him) as the righteous servant of God, as His Prophet. Belief in Jesus(as) forms a part of Muslim’s faith.

Another characteristic of the Promised Comforter, as set forth in the Gospel, has proved another stumbling block to the Christians. “That he (the Comforter) may abide with you for ever” gives them the erroneous impression that the Comforter, in order to be immortal, must need be a “spirit” and not a human being, which betrays their ignorance of the Bible itself.

The very words of Jesus(as) in this connection will suffice to remove this erroneous idea: “He shall give you another Comforter that he may abide with you for ever”, clearly indicate that the Comforter will abide for ever in a certain sense in which Jesus himself shall not.

As a matter of fact, when Jesus(as) spoke of the cessation of his own life and the continuation of that of Comforter, he implicitly referred to the duration of their existence through their teachings and their spiritual influence on mankind.

When a Prophet is raised up for the reformation of a people, he is equipped with a two-fold weapon – a code of laws wherewith to regulate the life of man, and a personal magnetism exercising an ennobling influence upon whomsoever he may come in contact with. In both these respects, Jesus(as) has ceased to exist long since, while the Holy Prophet of Islam lives on to this day and shall live on for ever.

Jesus(as) came with a set of laws and spiritual force, whereby he effected a considerable reformation among his own people for a time. But, by and by the laws that were suited to the stage of society ceased to be of practical utility when found with the subsequent growth and development of that society, and the spiritual force that had wrought miracles of old, lost its efficacy and vanished. Thus arose the need for another Comforter who should bring with him a perfect law, not for a particular clan or clime but for the whole of the human race.

Civilization was, by this time, sufficiently grown up, to receive teachings which went far beyond the mental capacity of the Jews of his time. A perfect law to regulate the whole human society was thus required to replace the inadequate code of Jesus(as). Hazrat Muhammad(saw) was raised to meet the need in reference to which the Holy Quran says: “And We have not sent thee but as an embodiment of mercy for all the worlds (i.e., for all peoples and all ages)”. (Al-Quran 21:108)

Reference; https://www.alislam.org/articles/biblical-prophecies-about-muhammad/
Re: Muhammad In The Bible: Debunked by officialbeffinb(m): 12:59pm On Oct 30, 2020
Biblical Prophecies on the Advent of Muhammad , the Prophet of Islam.

The Biblical prophecies on the advent of the Prophet Muhammad are evidence of the truth of Islam for people who believe in the Bible.

In Deuteronomy 18, Moses stated that God told him: “I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers; I will put my words in his mouth, and he will tell them everything I command him. If anyone does not listen to my words that the prophet speaks in my name, I myself will call him to account.” (Deuteronomy 18:18-19).1

From these verses we conclude that the prophet in this prophecy must have the following three characteristics:

1) That he will be like Moses.

2) That he will come from the brothers of the Israelites, i.e. the Ishmaelites.

3) That God will put His words in to the mouth of this prophet and that he will declare what God commands him.

Let us examine these three characteristics in more depth:

1) A prophet like Moses:
There were hardly any two prophets who were so much alike as Moses and Muhammad . Both were given a comprehensive law and code of life. Both encountered their enemies and were victorious in miraculous ways. Both were accepted as prophets and statesmen. Both migrated following conspiracies to assassinate them. Analogies between Moses and Jesus overlook not only the above similarities but other crucial ones as well. These include the natural birth, the family life, and death of Moses and Muhammad but not of Jesus. Moreover Jesus was regarded by his followers as the Son of God and not exclusively as a prophet of God, as Moses and Muhammad were and as Muslims believe Jesus was. So, this prophecy refers to the Prophet Muhammad and not to Jesus, because Muhammad is more like Moses than Jesus.

Also, one notices from the Gospel of John that the Jews were waiting for the fulfillment of three distinct prophecies. The first was the coming of Christ. The second was the coming of Elijah. The third was the coming of the Prophet. This is obvious from the three questions that were posed to John the Baptist: “Now this was John’s testimony, when the Jews of Jerusalem sent priests and Levites to ask him who he was. He did not fail to confess, but confessed freely, “I am not the Christ.” They asked him, “Then who are you? Are you Elijah?” He said, “I am not.” “Are you the Prophet?” He answered, “No.” (John 1:19-21). If we look in a Bible with cross-references, we will find in the marginal notes where the words “the Prophet” occur in John 1:21, that these words refer to the prophecy of Deuteronomy 18:15 and 18:18.2 We conclude from this that Jesus Christ is not the prophet mentioned in Deuteronomy 18:18.

2) From the brothers of the Israelites:
Abraham had two sons, Ishmael and Isaac (Genesis 21). Ishmael became the grandfather of the Arab nation, and Isaac became the grandfather of the Jewish nation. The prophet spoken of was not to come from among the Jews themselves, but from among their brothers, i.e. the Ishmaelites. Muhammad , a descendant of Ishmael, is indeed this prophet.

Also, Isaiah 42:1-13 speaks of the servant of God, His “chosen one” and “messenger” who will bring down a law. “He will not falter or be discouraged till he establishes justice on earth. In his law the islands will put their hope.” (Isaiah 42:4). Verse 11, connects that awaited one with the descendants of Kedar. Who is Kedar? According to Genesis 25:13, Kedar was the second son of Ishmael, the ancestor of the Prophet Muhammad .

3) God will put His words in the mouth of this prophet:
The words of God (the Holy Quran) were truly put into Muhammad’s mouth. God sent the Angel Gabriel to teach Muhammad the exact words of God (the Holy Quran) and asked him to dictate them to the people as he heard them. The words are therefore not his own. They did not come from his own thoughts, but were put into his mouth by the Angel Gabriel. During the life time of Muhammad , and under his supervision, these words were then memorized and written by his companions.

Also, this prophecy in Deuteronomy mentioned that this prophet will speak the words of God in the name of God. If we looked to the Holy Quran, we will find that all its chapters, except Chapter 9, are preceded or begin with the phrase, “In the Name of God, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.”

Another indication (other than the prophecy in Deuteronomy) is that Isaiah ties the messenger connected with Kedar with a new song (a scripture in a new language) to be sung to the Lord (Isaiah 42:10-11). This is mentioned more clearly in the prophecy of Isaiah: “and another tongue, will he speak to this people” (Isaiah 28:11 KJV). Another related point, is that the Quran was revealed in sections over a span of twenty-three years. It is interesting to compare this with Isaiah 28 which speaks of the same thing, “For it is: Do and do, do and do, rule on rule, rule on rule; a little here, a little there.” (Isaiah 28:10).

Note that God has said in the prophecy of Deuteronomy 18, “If anyone does not listen to my words that the prophet speaks in my name, I myself will call him to account.” (Deuteronomy, 18:19). This means that whoever believes in the Bible must believe in what this prophet says, and this prophet is the Prophet Muhammad .

Footnotes:

(1) All of the verses on this write up have been taken from The NIV Study Bible, New International Version, except where noted as being KJV which means King James Version. Back from footnote (1)

(2) See the marginal notes in The NIV Study Bible, New International Version on verse 1:21, p. 1594.

Reference; https://www.webpages.uidaho.edu/~msa/tour/ch1-3.htm
Re: Muhammad In The Bible: Debunked by ANTIlSLAM(m): 1:06pm On Oct 30, 2020
You Muslims Just Like To Attached That Paedophile Messenger Muhammad With The Holy Bible.. You Even Said Muhammad Was The Spirit Of Comforter (Holy Spirit) Jesus Christ Promised.

But Your Sense Never Tell You (Muslims) That Spirit Don't Die, Muhammad Is Gone And Gone For Life Till Judgement Day When He Shall Stand Before Jesus Christ For Judgement

3 Likes

Re: Muhammad In The Bible: Debunked by TAYO124: 1:47pm On Oct 30, 2020
Learn about the true origins of Islam. Watch the following YouTube channels of
1 Hatun tash
2 David wood
3 Christian prince

One sure thing about Islam is coercion
1 Islam hates criticism.
2 It is domineering.
3 Islam is forceful and not accommodating.
4 It is a murderous ideology.
5 Islam is a menace in our world.
6 Islam is a religion started by Arabs, for Arabs as a tool for controlling non Arabian nations and communities worldwide. It explains why the language of Islam is “Arabic”
Re: Muhammad In The Bible: Debunked by sagenaija: 5:04pm On Oct 30, 2020
officialbeffinb:
Biblical Prophecies on the Advent of Muhammad , the Prophet of Islam.

The Biblical prophecies on the advent of the Prophet Muhammad are evidence of the truth of Islam for people who believe in the Bible.
You have been fed a lie by your teachers.
You allowed yourself to be brainwashed by their propaganda.

Since the Koran claims that Mohamed is in the Bible the claim has to be true for Islam to be true. If the claim is false then the Koran cannot be trusted.

Let's look at your points one by one:
1. In the Deuteronomy portion you stated you forgot one thing; it says ".... a Prophet from among their brethren.....". God was telling Moses to tell the Israelites that he would raise a prophet from amongst them. Mohamed was not an Israelite. That disqualifies him as the one referred to here. If you read the entire encounter you will find out that the reference to the prophet coming from amongst the Israelites was stated a number of times. The Ishmaelites are NOT Israelites. None of them will regard the other as brethren in the sense that you guys attempt to stretch it.

2. On Mohamed in Isaiah & other old testament books: The Koran ONLY MENTIONS the TORAH. The Torah consists of ONLY the first five books of the Bible. So, that immediately disqualifies this your points.
It is interesting that the Koran seems not to know that other books and Prophets of the Jews existed which again leads one to question the validity of the Koran.
Even a careful study of those portions Moslems try to use to claim that Mohamed was being referred to show that it is usually an attempt to force a meaning into the verses.

3. The Gospel of John passages: The 'Comforter' is CLEARLY IDENTIFIED in this book as the Holy Spirit. The Koran never identified Mohamed as the Holy Spirit. Therefore it cannot be Mohamed that is referred to here.
Notice also that in those portions you quoted the Comforter is to "abide with you forever". Mohamed is since dead and gone. The Comforter is "whom I will send unto you from the Father". So, Jesus sends the Comforter. Does the Koran or Islam believe that Jesus sent Mohamed?
Jesus said there that "he shall testify of me". Did Mohamed TESTIFY of Jesus?
The Holy Spirit is said to be a 'Spirit' - The Spirit of truth. Was Mohamed a 'spirit'? Notice the DEFINITE ARTICLE "The". Not a Spirit. Not the spirit of man or the spirit in man. This means a reference to a particular Spirit who is also said to be the Holy Spirit who will be in the disciples and be with the disciples for ever. Does Mohamed DWELL INSIDE Moslems?
Jesus said of the Holy Spirit "He shall glorify me". How did Mohamed fulfill this?

It is clear that Moslems just want to PICK and CHOOSE and reinterpret portions of the Bible to make them fit into their narrative.
You claim that a book is corrupted yet you run to it to VALIDATE your prophet and religion. And in so doing you STAMP your own meaning into passages, TWIST words to make them read what you want and by so doing determine which portions of the 'CORRUPTED' book is 'uncorrupted'.

And all these in a bid to justify Islam!

Obviously Islam cannot stand on its own. It requires props from here and there to help it acquire legitimacy. If there is so much good in Islam, which claims to be the final revelation, why doesn't it have within it all that it takes for anyone to see CLEARLY the beauty in it? After all, another claim of Islam is that it is CLEARLY REVEALED even though without Islam's other books many portions of the Koran will remain unclear and confusing. That is one of the contradictions of Islam.

Mohamed cannot be found in the Bible. Since the Koran claims so and its claim has been found false, we can therefore say that the Koran is not a revelation from the God of the Bible.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muhammad In The Bible: Debunked by Lukuluku69(m): 11:16pm On Oct 30, 2020
sagenaija:

You have been fed a lie by your teachers.
You allowed yourself to be brainwashed by their propaganda.

Since the Koran claims that Mohamed is in the Bible the claim has to be true for Islam to be true. If the claim is false then the Koran cannot be trusted.

Let's look at your points one by one:
1. In the Deuteronomy portion you stated you forgot one thing; it says ".... a Prophet from among their brethren.....". God was telling Moses to tell the Israelites that he would raise a prophet from amongst them. Mohamed was not an Israelite. That disqualifies him as the one referred to here. If you read the entire encounter you will find out that the reference to the prophet coming from amongst the Israelites was stated a number of times. The Ishmaelites are NOT Israelites. None of them will regard the other as brethren in the sense that you guys attempt to stretch it.

2. On Mohamed in Isaiah & other old testament books: The Koran ONLY MENTIONS the TORAH. The Torah consists of ONLY the first five books of the Bible. So, that immediately disqualifies this your points.
It is interesting that the Koran seems not to know that other books and Prophets of the Jews existed which again leads one to question the validity of the Koran.
Even a careful study of those portions Moslems try to use to claim that Mohamed was being referred to show that it is usually an attempt to force a meaning into the verses.

3. The Gospel of John passages: The 'Comforter' is CLEARLY IDENTIFIED in this book as the Holy Spirit. The Koran never identified Mohamed as the Holy Spirit. Therefore it cannot be Mohamed that is referred to here.
Notice also that in those portions you quoted the Comforter is to "abide with you forever". Mohamed is since dead and gone. The Comforter is "whom I will send unto you from the Father". So, Jesus sends the Comforter. Does the Koran or Islam believe that Jesus sent Mohamed?
Jesus said there that "he shall testify of me". Did Mohamed TESTIFY of Jesus?
The Holy Spirit is said to be a 'Spirit' - The Spirit of truth. Was Mohamed a 'spirit'? Notice the DEFINITE ARTICLE "The". Not a Spirit. Not the spirit of man or the spirit in man. This means a reference to a particular Spirit who is also said to be the Holy Spirit who will be in the disciples and be with the disciples for ever. Does Mohamed DWELL INSIDE Moslems?
Jesus said of the Holy Spirit "He shall glorify me". How did Mohamed fulfill this?

It is clear that Moslems just want to PICK and CHOOSE and reinterpret portions of the Bible to make them fit into their narrative.
You claim that a book is corrupted yet you run to it to VALIDATE your prophet and religion. And in so doing you STAMP your own meaning into passages, TWIST words to make them read what you want and by so doing determine which portions of the 'CORRUPTED' book is 'uncorrupted'.

And all these in a bid to justify Islam!

Obviously Islam cannot stand on its own. It requires props from here and there to help it acquire legitimacy. If there is so much good in Islam, which claims to be the final revelation, why doesn't it have within it all that it takes for anyone to see CLEARLY the beauty in it? After all, another claim of Islam is that it is CLEARLY REVEALED even though without Islam's other books many portions of the Koran will remain unclear and confusing. That is one of the contradictions of Islam.

Mohamed cannot be found in the Bible. Since the Koran claims so and its claim has been found false, we can therefore say that the Koran is not a revelation from the God of the Bible.

Lawd! See LAMENTATION! Did you Co-Authored the Book of Lamentation ni? Haba!

A quick one though, please I want you to post a verse or a chapter from the OLD TESTAMENT that FORETOLD the coming of Jesus Christ by NAME. And if you can't, for I know you can't, let the Muslims be!

There are over a Billion Hindus in the world, pick on them too. There are Jews in Israel; your god homeland, reach out to them for your god was sent to them! "I am sent but to the Lost sheep of the house of Israel" says Jesus. We are of the house of Ishmael. We know our shepherd and we follow him. Go preach to those stiff-necks for a change!
Re: Muhammad In The Bible: Debunked by RightChannel: 11:55pm On Oct 30, 2020
Lukuluku69:

A quick one though, please I want you to post a verse or a chapter from the OLD TESTAMENT that FORETOLD the coming of Jesus Christ by NAME. And if you can't, for I know you can't, let the Muslims be!

There are over a Billion Hindus in the world, pick on them too. There are Jews in Israel; your god homeland, reach out to them for your god was sent to them! "I am sent but to the Lost sheep of the house of Israel" says Jesus. We are of the house of Ishmael. We know our shepherd and we follow him. Go preach to those stiff-necks for a change!

It was Muhammad that was foretold in old testament abi? May God heal your suffering

3 Likes

Re: Muhammad In The Bible: Debunked by Lightangel65: 12:21am On Oct 31, 2020
Lukuluku69:

Sorry but we don't have a paedophile, rapist, seria killer psychopath in the bible so don't lump the bible together with the book of serial killing
Re: Muhammad In The Bible: Debunked by Samunique(m): 1:04am On Oct 31, 2020
grin

See the way I dey laff in Arabic for the lies and Islamic propaganda the OP put up there.

I thought the Bible was a corrupt book, why are you looking for the prophecies of your holy prophet in a corrupt book?

Funny enough, you said Jesus was promising his disciples the comforter which you claim to be Muhammad that would be born after all the disciples had long been dead ?

Was he ( Muhammad ) going to be with the disciples in their grave, bcs he was born almost 500yrs later after they had died ?

Menh, that your Islamic teacher nor know anything ooo !

2 Likes

Re: Muhammad In The Bible: Debunked by sagenaija: 7:48am On Oct 31, 2020
Lukuluku69:

You guys most times display your simple mindedness.

Can you show me where Allah said in the koran " I Allah am the one revealing this book to you O Mohamed" in those EXACT WORDS? If not, then on what BASIS do you BELIEVE that the Koran was revealed by Allah to Mohamed?

Maybe this will begin to make you get it.

2 Likes

Re: Muhammad In The Bible: Debunked by Chiedu4Trump: 8:11am On Oct 31, 2020
If Islam was of God,moslems would love the jews
Instead islam hates israel, then they say they follow the prophets
When they hate the children of the prophets

Mohammed came after Jesus went to heaven

And Jesus said if you deny He is the Son of God you are condemned

John 3:18
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already,
because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

According to the bible Mohammed is anti-christ for denying Jesus

1 John 2:22
Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ?
He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muhammad In The Bible: Debunked by ANTIlSLAM(m): 9:17am On Oct 31, 2020
Chiedu4Trump:
If Islam was of God,moslems would love the jews
Instead islam hates israel, then they say they follow the prophets
When they hate the children of the prophets

Mohammed came after Jesus went to heaven

And Jesus said if you deny He is the Son of God you are condemned

John 3:18
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already,
because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

According to the bible Mohammed is anti-christ for denying Jesus

1 John 2:22
Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ?
He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

Lukuluku69 come and see something

1 Like

Re: Muhammad In The Bible: Debunked by sonmvayina(m): 9:35am On Oct 31, 2020
The problem I have with Christianity is the same problem I have with Islam...That is the figure at the center of the religion..
In Christianity's case, there is no mention anywhere in the entire old testament of a son of God coming to die for sin..God indeed promised to send the Jews a messiah, but he is an ordinary man with father and mother, the only difference that he will be from the kingly line of David..so who is this Jesu's that the christian are selling?

As for Islam, it is obvious that Allah was already worshipped before Muhammed was born as his fathers name was Abdullah which means servant of Allah..so my question is that is there any tradition written or oral among the adherants of the religion that Allah will send a prophet??
If not, what is muhameed claim to prophet hood come from

Someboooody should set me straight..

By the way side those looking for sure odds

After a good night sleep the scores came to me as follows

Ascoli 1 pordenone1
Chievo 2 cocenza 0
Brecia 2 virtus Entella 1

Enjoy.

All Italian , the Swindon town vs hull was going 1:2 when I woke up,don't know if it ended like that..
Re: Muhammad In The Bible: Debunked by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 31, 2020
officialbeffinb:
PROPHET MUHAMMAD (pbuh) IN THE BIBLE
by Dr. Zakir Naik

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) in the Old Testament:

The Qur’an mentions in Surah Al-Araf chapter 7 verse 157:

"Those who follow the Messenger, the unlettered Prophet, whom they find mentioned in their own (scriptures) in the law and the Gospel".

MUHAMMAD (PBUH) PROPHESISED IN THE BOOK OF DEUTERONOMY:

Almighty God speaks to Moses in Book of Deuteronomy chapter 18 verse 18:

"I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and I will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him."

The Christians say that this prophecy refers to Jesus (pbuh) because Jesus (pbuh) was like Moses (pbuh). Moses (pbuh) was a Jew, as well as Jesus (pbuh) was a Jew. Moses (pbuh) was a Prophet and Jesus (pbuh) was also a Prophet.

If these two are the only criteria for this prophecy to be fulfilled, then all the Prophets of the Bible who came after
Moses (pbuh) such as Solomon, Isaiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, Hosea, Joel, Malachi, John the Baptist, etc. (pbut) will
fulfill this prophecy since all were Jews as well as prophets.

However, it is Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) who is like Moses (pbuh):

i)

Both had a father and a mother, while Jesus (pbuh) was born miraculously without any male intervention.

[Mathew 1:18 and Luke 1:35 and also Al-Qur'an 3:42-47]

ii)
Both were married and had children. Jesus (pbuh) according to the Bible did not marry nor had children.

iii)
Both died natural deaths. Jesus (pbuh) has been raised up alive. (4:157-158)

Muhammad (pbuh) is from among the brethren of Moses (pbuh). Arabs are brethren of Jews. Abraham (pbuh) had two sons: Ishmail and Isaac (pbut). The Arabs are the descendants of Ishmail (pbuh) and the Jews are the descendants of Isaac (pbuh).

Words in the mouth:

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was unlettered and whatever revelations he received from Almighty God he repeated them verbatim.

"I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him."

[Deuteronomy 18:18]

iv)
Both besides being Prophets were also kings i.e. they could inflict capital punishment. Jesus (pbuh) said, "My kingdom is not of this world." (John 18:36).

v)
Both were accepted as Prophets by their people in their lifetime but Jesus (pbuh) was rejected by his
people. John chapter 1 verse 11 states, "He came unto his own, but his own received him not."

iv)
Both brought new laws and new regulations for their people. Jesus (pbuh) according to the Bible did not bring any new laws. (Mathew 5:17-18).

It is Mentioned in the book of Deuteronomy chapter 18:19

"And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not harken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him."

Muhammad (pbuh) is prophesised in the book of Isaiah:

It is mentioned in the book of Isaiah chapter 29 verse 12:

"And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned."

When Archangel Gabrail commanded Muhammad (pbuh) by saying Iqra - "Read", he replied, "I am not learned".

prophet Muhammad (pbuh) mentioned by name in the old testament:

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is mentioned by name in the Song of Solomon chapter 5 verse 16:

"Hikko Mamittakim we kullo Muhammadim Zehdoodeh wa Zehraee Bayna Jerusalem."

"His mouth is most sweet: yea, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters
of Jerusalem."

In the Hebrew language im is added for respect. Similarely im is added after the name of Prophet Muhammad
(pbuh) to make it Muhammadim. In English translation they have even translated the name of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) as "altogether lovely", but in the Old Testament in Hebrew, the name of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is yet present.

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) in the New Testament:

Al-Qur'an Chapter 61 Verse 6:

"And remember, Jesus, the son of Mary, said, 'O Children of Israel! I am the messenger of Allah (sent) to you, confirming the Law (which came) before me and giving glad tidings of a messenger to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmed.' But when he came to them with clear signs, they said, 'This is evident sorcery!' "

All the prophecies mentioned in the Old Testament regarding Muhammad (pbuh) besides applying to the Jews also hold good for the Christians.

John chapter 14 verse 16:
"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever."

Gospel of John chapter 15 verse 26:

"But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which
proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me."

Gospel of John chapter 16 verse 7:

"Nevertheless I tell you the truth; it is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not
come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you".

"Ahmed" or "Muhammad" meaning "the one who praises" or "the praised one" is almost the translation of the
Greek word Periclytos. In the Gospel of John 14:16, 15:26, and 16:7. The word 'Comforter' is used in the English translation for the Greek word Paracletos which means advocate or a kind friend rather than a comforter.
Paracletos is the warped reading for Periclytos. Jesus (pbuh) actually prophesised Ahmed by name. Even the
Greek word Paraclete refers to the Prophet (pbuh) who is a mercy for all creatures.

Some Christians say that the Comforter mentioned in these prophecies refers to the Holy Sprit. They fail to realise
that the prophecy clearly says that only if Jesus (pbuh) departs will the Comforter come. The Bible states that the
Holy Spirit was already present on earth before and during the time of Jesus (pbuh), in the womb of Elizabeth, and again when Jesus (pbuh) was being baptised, etc. Hence this prophecy refers to none other than Prophet
Muhammad (pbuh).

Gospel of John chapter 16 verse 12-14:

"I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth is
come, he will guide you unto all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me".

The Sprit of Truth, spoken about in this prophecy referes to none other than Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)
NOTE: All quotations of the Bible are taken from the King James Version.

Reference: http://www.irf.net/irf/comparativereligion/index.htm
Excellently evident in their book but they don't read rather go to churches on sundays and listen to whatever story they feed them with. Anyway, God already said it: But when he came to them with clear signs, they said, 'This is evident sorcery!' "

1 Like

Re: Muhammad In The Bible: Debunked by Nobody: 11:48am On Oct 31, 2020
TAYO124:
Learn about the true origins of Islam. Watch the following YouTube channels of
1 Hatun tash
2 David wood
3 Christian prince

One sure thing about Islam is coercion
1 Islam hates criticism.
2 It is domineering.
3 Islam is forceful and not accommodating.
4 It is a murderous ideology.
5 Islam is a menace in our world.
6 Islam is a religion started by Arabs, for Arabs as a tool for controlling non Arabian nations and communities worldwide. It explains why the language of Islam is “Arabic”
'Violence more common' in Bible than Quran, text analysis reveals
https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/books/violence-more-common-bible-quran-text-analysis-reveals-a6863381.html

Christians committed the biggest atrocities and massacre than any other evil people in the world. Go and read about the history of Europe in 18th and 19th centuries. How did Christianity came to Nigeria, was it not by force?
Why do u speak English, is it not by force?
Islam came to Nigeria peacefully through traders not how claim it's Danfodio that brought it, Islam was in Nigeria 5 centuries before the birth of Danfodio.
Re: Muhammad In The Bible: Debunked by sagenaija: 12:34pm On Oct 31, 2020
Coronabirus:

Islam came to Nigeria peacefully through traders not how claim it's Danfodio that brought it, Islam was in Nigeria 5 centuries before the birth of Danfodio.
Of course Islam will send undercover operatives ahead, maybe even years ahead and when they have gathered sufficient information about the people they then choose when and how to strike.

Why did Uthman Danfodio still launch a jihad war to overrun many parts of northern Nigeria if, like you said, Islam had 'PEACEFULLY' come to Nigeria?
Why would there be need for jihad if Islam had been around and peacefully?

You can begin to see immediately that there are HOLES IN YOUR NARRATIVE.

1 Like

Re: Muhammad In The Bible: Debunked by Lukuluku69(m): 3:00pm On Oct 31, 2020
ANTIlSLAM:

Lukuluku69 come and see something

So, how many Anti-Christ/s do you guys now have? If Prophet Muhammad is one, then why are you still waiting for another one?
Re: Muhammad In The Bible: Debunked by Lukuluku69(m): 3:11pm On Oct 31, 2020
sagenaija:

You guys most times display your simple mindedness.

Can you show me where Allah said in the koran " I Allah am the one revealing this book to you O Mohamed" in those EXACT WORDS? If not, then on what BASIS do you BELIEVE that the Koran was revealed by Allah to Mohamed?

Maybe this will begin to make you get it.

What are we saying and what are you saying? Bring a Verse or Chapter that foretold The coming of Jesus by NAME and see the deflection you came up with?

I Can show you where Allah said HE INSPIRED MUHAMMAD TO UTTERED WORDS OF INSPIRATION in the Quran but show me JESUS NAME in the Old Testament. Whether na Yahushuah or the Greek hybrid Ye-ZEUS, please show me.
Re: Muhammad In The Bible: Debunked by Lukuluku69(m): 3:39pm On Oct 31, 2020
RightChannel:

It was Muhammad that was foretold in old testament abi? May God heal your suffering

There are a good number of places where the advent of Prophet Muhammad was mentioned in the Torah, by the Israelite Prophet as well in the New Testament.

You can only see him if you let go of the hatred in your heart and soul. I know it is hard to forgo over Two Thousand years of brainwashing. It is hard I admit. But you can try. Open your heart, wean yourself of the hatred and bigotry passed down by the Jews to you Christians.

Like I said, many places mentioned his advent but for this Kindergarten Class, try and find the meaning to Isaiah 42 and 60. No human in Recorded history fits those Chapters other than Prophet Muhammad.
Re: Muhammad In The Bible: Debunked by oranget(m): 4:24pm On Oct 31, 2020
“If ye love me, keep my commands. And I will pray to the Father and He shall give you another Comforter. That he may abide with you forever; even the Spirit of truth.” (John 14:15-17)

Since the OP claimed Jesus was talking about Prophet Muhammad in the above bible passage, I have only one question.
If Prophet Muhammad is truly the comforter, why didn't he abide with us forever like the comforter that Jesus Christ promised?
Re: Muhammad In The Bible: Debunked by oranget(m): 4:34pm On Oct 31, 2020
Lukuluku69:

There are a good number of places where the advent of Prophet Muhammad was mentioned in the Torah, by the Israelite Prophet as well in the New Testament.

You can only see him if you let go of the hatred in your heart and soul. I know it is hard to forgo over Two Thousand years of brainwashing. It is hard I admit. But you can try. Open your heart, wean yourself of the hatred and bigotry passed down by the Jews to you Christians.

Like I said, many places mentioned his advent but for this Kindergarten Class, try and find the meaning to Isaiah 42 and 60. No human in Recorded history fits those Chapters other than Prophet Muhammad.

Isaiah 42 was talking about a prophet who will not break a bruised reed and I don't think this could be Prophet Muhammad who was actually a man of war. And I also think you should go and read Isaiah 60 again and again until you understand.
Re: Muhammad In The Bible: Debunked by Lukuluku69(m): 4:59pm On Oct 31, 2020
oranget:

Isaiah 42 was talking about a prophet who will not break a bruised reed and I don't think this could be Prophet Muhammad who was actually a man of war. And I also think you should go and read Isaiah 60 again and again until you understand.

Bruised REED? Bros, you did not finish that verse o. That verse talked about a bruised Reed and a flax (I am paraphrasing) Reed in that context means the land of Egypt! Where REED is applenty! And smoking flax represents Knowlegdge. It means that prophet will not bruise Egypt and will encourage knowlege.

Also, in that Isaiah, that Prophet will preach among the Tribe of kadar (Arabs) People from sheba (Yemen) will bring gifts and People of Tema, Nabaioths, Kedar will flock to him. I hope you know who is Tema, Kadar, Nabaioths? All Children of Ishmael!
Re: Muhammad In The Bible: Debunked by Lukuluku69(m): 5:01pm On Oct 31, 2020
oranget:

Isaiah 60? Lol. Please give us your interpretation.
Re: Muhammad In The Bible: Debunked by oranget(m): 5:22pm On Oct 31, 2020
Lukuluku69:

Bruised REED? Bros, you did not finish that verse o. That verse talked about a bruised Reed and a flax (I am paraphrasing) Reed in that context means the land of Egypt! Where REED is applenty! And smoking flax represents Knowlegdge. It means that prophet will not bruise Egypt and will encourage knowlege.

Also, in that Isaiah, that Prophet will preach among the Tribe of kadar (Arabs) People from sheba (Yemen) will bring gifts and People of Tema, Nabaioths, Kedar will flock to him. I hope you know who is Tema, Kadar, Nabaioths? All Children of Ishmael!
And where exactly did you see that bruised reed represent Egypt. Nothing in Isaiah 42 was talking about Egypt. You don't just interpret the Bible anyhow but with the guidance of the Holy Spirit
Re: Muhammad In The Bible: Debunked by Lukuluku69(m): 5:33pm On Oct 31, 2020
oranget:

And where exactly did you see that bruised reed represent Egypt. Nothing in Isaiah 42 was talking about Egypt. You don't just interpret the Bible anyhow but with the guidance of the Holy Spirit

Verse 11 says that Prophet will preach among the Villages inhabited by Kadar. Sir, what says the Holy Spirit to you on that? Kadar is a son of Ishmael. And among/within his Villages this New Song will be sung.
Re: Muhammad In The Bible: Debunked by sagenaija: 10:18pm On Oct 31, 2020
Lukuluku69:

Islam CLAIMS to be an abrahamic religion just so as to gain some measure of credibility then turns round to STAB the older religions in the back. That is the TREACHERY of Islam.

Islam stabs the other religions on the back by claiming that they have been corrupted. This shows the idiocy of Islam. On the one hand you claim that the sacred books have been corrupted then on the other hand you run to them to validate your prophet and religion. That is what makes sense ONLY to the Moslems. The end justifies the means. If it feels good move to one side and when it doesn't move to the other.

Why and how the Moslem wouldn't blink an eyelid when blatantly telling lies is unbelievable.

Now to Isaiah. Between Isaiah and Mohamed's time must be over a thousand years. In the intervening period many including Jesus Christ came in the name of Jehovah. Why Moslems think none of these fit Isaiah's prophecy except Mohamed is amazing.

It is of note that the prophet Isaiah is NOT one of the 'Prophets' mentioned by Islam. That ordinarily should raise a red flag even to Moslems. But then Moslems are not the best at logical reasoning.

More importantly the book of Isaiah DID NOT BEGIN AND END WITH CHAPTER 42. unlike the Koran that HAS NO FLOW the Bible is different. Therefore if a book has a theme that covers sections of it or its entirety, running with ONLY portions of it at best will mean POOR SCHOLARSHIP or at the worst DECEPTION.

The God's Servant mentioned in the book of Isaiah was not only mentioned in chapter 42 of the book. He was equally mentioned in some other chapters of the book. Infact he is also mentioned in other books of the Old Testament.

Isaiah prophesied about the coming Messiah's virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14); His Deity – Immanuel, which means God with us (Isaiah 7:14), that He is Mighty God (Isaiah 9:6-7); and His sacrificial death (Isaiah 53).
Do any of these apply to Mohamed? No!

Now, in chapter 42 this Servant introduced in verse one is said to have Yahweh's "Spirit upon him".
Did Mohamed ever claim to have Yahweh's upon him? No!

The Servant is also to have a relatively quiet ministry.
Mohamed's 'ministry' was nowhere near quiet. Did Mohamed keep quite when people stood against him? No! He killed anyone standing on his way.

Jesus himself in the gospel confirmed that Isaiah and indeed the entire Old Testament talked about him. Why is Islam and Moslems disregarding this?

The New Testament re-echoes how most of Isaiah 42 applies to Jesus Christ. How Islam disregards all that and puts Mohamed as the reference point is questionable. Islam has to first disprove all the applications to Christ before Mohamed can come into the picture.

Isaiah told about the Messiah that was to come. That Messiah was to come from the lineage of David. Mohamed was neither the Messiah nor was he from the line of David. Therefore Isaiah could not have been speaking about Mohamed.

1 Like

Re: Muhammad In The Bible: Debunked by Samunique(m): 10:42pm On Oct 31, 2020
Coronabirus:
Excellently evident in their book but they don't read rather go to churches on sundays and listen to whatever story they feed them with. Anyway, God already said it: But when he came to them with clear signs, they said, 'This is evident sorcery!' "

Signs ?

Pls what signs did Allah give through Muhammad?
Bcs your Quran keeps talking about signs and we're yet to see one.

Pls can you show us at least 5 signs that Allah give/reveal through your prophet?
Re: Muhammad In The Bible: Debunked by Nobody: 11:05pm On Oct 31, 2020
Samunique:

Signs ?

Pls what signs did Allah give through Muhammad?
Bcs your Quran keeps talking about signs and we're yet to see one.

Pls can you show us at least 5 signs that Allah give/reveal through your prophet?
If all those mentioned in the first argument are not enough then I'll just pray that may God guide u unto the right path.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kenneth Copeland Ministries Sent Jet To Afghanistan To Evacuate Christians / This day!!!!!! / ~ The Burden ~An Inspirational Message~

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 172
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.