Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,989 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

14,000 Exxonmobil Staff To Lose Jobs Over Dwindling Oil Demand - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 14,000 Exxonmobil Staff To Lose Jobs Over Dwindling Oil Demand (40745 Views)

LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians / Shell To Cut Over 9,000 Jobs As Oil Demand Slumps / Dismissed Exxonmobil Staff Protest Non-Payment Despite Supreme Court Judgement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 14,000 Exxonmobil Staff To Lose Jobs Over Dwindling Oil Demand by Nobody: 10:57pm On Oct 30, 2020
ursullalinda:
With our level of unemployment they still want to add to it.......Why not cut salaries and still retain them......this whole thing is becoming scary oh.

Welcome to the country of hoodlums -- i swear if you still have a job that pays you a minimum of N70k and above, you are a very juicy target for nearly 199 million Nigerians, hoodlums and all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14,000 Exxonmobil Staff To Lose Jobs Over Dwindling Oil Demand by tutudesz: 11:00pm On Oct 30, 2020
ogododo:

With millions as pay off, ground go full ooo
Na retirement money dey reach millions O! Boys were shell sack no collect pass 1M

2 Likes

Re: 14,000 Exxonmobil Staff To Lose Jobs Over Dwindling Oil Demand by gowonmaharajah(m): 11:00pm On Oct 30, 2020
BabaOwen:
This can't be in Nigeria alone

A breakdown of the development include 1,900 U.S. jobs majorly at Houston, the headquarters for its US oil and gas businesses.
There will be layoffs previously announced in Europe and Australia and reductions in t[i]
BabaOwen:

A breakdown of the development include 1,900 U.S. jobs majorly at Houston, the headquarters for its US oil and gas businesses.
There will be layoffs previously announced in Europe and Australia and reductions in t[/i]
BabaOwen:

There will be layoffs previously announced in Europe and Australia and reductions in t
Re: 14,000 Exxonmobil Staff To Lose Jobs Over Dwindling Oil Demand by Odion2016(m): 11:01pm On Oct 30, 2020
They are welcome oo....or what shd we do abt it??fry semo or roast beans..
Always save for rainy days..
Nigerians wl soon start eating manna from heaven..The world don dey charge cars now oo..We better diversify now or......
Re: 14,000 Exxonmobil Staff To Lose Jobs Over Dwindling Oil Demand by tigoba: 11:04pm On Oct 30, 2020
Most of them earn big fat salaries. They should go and invest their savings.
Re: 14,000 Exxonmobil Staff To Lose Jobs Over Dwindling Oil Demand by Commanderinpips: 11:05pm On Oct 30, 2020
We4all:
Good. They should have a feeling of what unemployed Nigerians have been experiencing. By the way, oil workers are egoistic. I used to have about 3 as neighbours back in those days, and their pompous attitude was out of this world.

Bad belle. losing their jobs does not make you better in life

8 Likes

Re: 14,000 Exxonmobil Staff To Lose Jobs Over Dwindling Oil Demand by Lexusgs430: 11:05pm On Oct 30, 2020
When zoom is making more money than ExxonMobil...... The signs are all over the wall............

3 Likes

Re: 14,000 Exxonmobil Staff To Lose Jobs Over Dwindling Oil Demand by mmsen: 11:05pm On Oct 30, 2020
ursullalinda:
With our level of unemployment they still want to add to it.......Why not cut salaries and still retain them......this whole thing is becoming scary oh.
This is global, not national.

Nothing to do with Nigeria or Buhari and everything to do with the global economy grinding to a halt due to the pandemic.
Re: 14,000 Exxonmobil Staff To Lose Jobs Over Dwindling Oil Demand by zanshi: 11:05pm On Oct 30, 2020
Hedonisco:
How many in Nigeria.?

Since they are supposedly smart, let them start private ventures (using their skills to solve problems in exchange for income) to sustain their cushy lifestyles.

I keep saying it that if you're a dispensable employee, keyword dispensable, then you've not started life. All the carrying shoulder forming important is nonsense. If they sack you, any other fool can replace you.. so what then is your real value? Nothing.

Use your brain.. Your kaku.. To arrange private venture, profit from it m, and meet up if e sure for you.

To be honest, there are very qualified and resourceful employees that get booted out in these kinds of situations. Just pray you have luck on your side.

3 Likes

Re: 14,000 Exxonmobil Staff To Lose Jobs Over Dwindling Oil Demand by luvme0702: 11:11pm On Oct 30, 2020
Chai! See better money these laid off staff wan collect. I'm sure most of them in naija will just relocate abroad sharp sharp .

4 Likes

Re: 14,000 Exxonmobil Staff To Lose Jobs Over Dwindling Oil Demand by enemyofprogress: 11:29pm On Oct 30, 2020
No wonder my landlord wan increase my house rent

1 Like

Re: 14,000 Exxonmobil Staff To Lose Jobs Over Dwindling Oil Demand by Ayo2004: 11:35pm On Oct 30, 2020
Oil and gas worker go soon turn bet9ja agent,forex trader or Bitcoin traders grin

P.S:if u are given opportunity once in this Nigeria,do everything legally possible to ensure u never suffer again because if u Bleep up,second chance 4 Nigeria is as rare as finding an independent and nice nigerian woman

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 14,000 Exxonmobil Staff To Lose Jobs Over Dwindling Oil Demand by Glaswegian: 11:39pm On Oct 30, 2020
NewBalance:

Those staffers would never come down to your level.

Dont mind him

Each affected person will pocket between N10m and N100m (or even more) as redundancy pay.

Most of them own the houses they live. Some have side businesses (even if supermarkets).

And they will still be hot cake for independents who will snap them up and still pay N500k to N3m per month.
Re: 14,000 Exxonmobil Staff To Lose Jobs Over Dwindling Oil Demand by cucumbar: 11:59pm On Oct 30, 2020
tutudesz:

Na retirement money dey reach millions O! Boys were shell sack no collect pass 1M
you don’t know what you are saying. Some dey collect as much as 200m.

1 Like

Re: 14,000 Exxonmobil Staff To Lose Jobs Over Dwindling Oil Demand by dododawa1: 12:01am On Oct 31, 2020
Black don't ease problem but added to problems
Re: 14,000 Exxonmobil Staff To Lose Jobs Over Dwindling Oil Demand by LaReinaa(f): 12:13am On Oct 31, 2020
We4all:
Good. They should have a feeling of what unemployed Nigerians have been experiencing. By the way, oil workers are egoistic. I used to have about 3 as neighbours back in those days, and their pompous attitude was out of this world.
Stop hating, if you were in their shoes, you'd do worse sad
Re: 14,000 Exxonmobil Staff To Lose Jobs Over Dwindling Oil Demand by chatinent: 12:20am On Oct 31, 2020
Not good.
Re: 14,000 Exxonmobil Staff To Lose Jobs Over Dwindling Oil Demand by flexyrule(m): 1:07am On Oct 31, 2020
ecolime:

This is vile. Their pension can't be lesser than 300k monthly even with early retirement/job loss.

Don't hate for nothing
Where dem wan come dey service their bank loans from?
Those guys wey dey like loans like maddddd..
One person go collect loan of 50 million.. I'd be like... How do you guys sleep at night?

1 Like

Re: 14,000 Exxonmobil Staff To Lose Jobs Over Dwindling Oil Demand by tutudesz: 1:18am On Oct 31, 2020
cucumbar:
you don’t know what you are saying. Some dey collect as much as 200m.
Retirement and not those they sack undecided Am working with one of those companies, so I know what am saying.
Re: 14,000 Exxonmobil Staff To Lose Jobs Over Dwindling Oil Demand by Nobody: 1:36am On Oct 31, 2020
We4all:
I they've invested over the years they should be smiling now.. You will not understand sha.

1 Like

Re: 14,000 Exxonmobil Staff To Lose Jobs Over Dwindling Oil Demand by SashaGrey: 2:13am On Oct 31, 2020
It’s scary how the world we grew up knowing in the 90’s Is gradually changing and our country is being left behind.

The guy who works in the oil company used to be the biggest guy in the hood and getting all the girls but now teenage yahoo boys are bleeping and taking their wives to the point that starting your tossing on a girl with “I work in an oil company is a very wrong move that might not get you the girl 80% of the time”.

Need for oil is reducing daily, artificial intelligence is reducing over head cost for these companies. With the way things are going, in less than a century there will be no oil worker anymore.

Inflation will destroy whatever payoff they get.

Warning: If you are still living in your parents house, please stay there. Things don cost for market. Sachet tomatoes is 140 now.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14,000 Exxonmobil Staff To Lose Jobs Over Dwindling Oil Demand by bodmas119(m): 3:14am On Oct 31, 2020
This is so serious, I really don't know where we are going to in this country
Re: 14,000 Exxonmobil Staff To Lose Jobs Over Dwindling Oil Demand by ozome15(m): 3:53am On Oct 31, 2020
ursullalinda:
In less then 30 year from now oil will not have much value again. Europ is already using electric cars, must industries is convert into more cheaper and cleaner energy like solar and biogas.

1 Like

Re: 14,000 Exxonmobil Staff To Lose Jobs Over Dwindling Oil Demand by nengibo: 4:17am On Oct 31, 2020
driand:
Oh please,...

Only the southerners among them will lose their jobs..
Na mostly southerners(Yoruba, Igbo) dey oil company, and the pay off sef go make you wan take early retirement

2 Likes

Re: 14,000 Exxonmobil Staff To Lose Jobs Over Dwindling Oil Demand by nengibo: 4:18am On Oct 31, 2020
tutudesz:

Na contract staff b dat one
Re: 14,000 Exxonmobil Staff To Lose Jobs Over Dwindling Oil Demand by Aystarz: 4:53am On Oct 31, 2020
chinchum:
Mentally Lazy "yoots" have read headlines as usual and writing gibberish as usual.

This itself is gibberish at best. Why don't you be exemplary and write something 'ungibberish'?

1 Like

Re: 14,000 Exxonmobil Staff To Lose Jobs Over Dwindling Oil Demand by ecolime(m): 5:00am On Oct 31, 2020
OKEMKPI:

Pension is for those up to 50 years ,if u are not up to 50 years,how do u manage till then?
You manage with your pay off. Besides, nothing stops you from getting a job elsewhere.
Re: 14,000 Exxonmobil Staff To Lose Jobs Over Dwindling Oil Demand by ecolime(m): 5:11am On Oct 31, 2020
flexyrule:
Where dem wan come dey service their bank loans from?
Those guys wey dey like loans like maddddd..
One person go collect loan of 50 million.. I'd be like... How do you guys sleep at night?
Hope you know majority collect loans only for houses and businesses? Not for simple things like travels, cars, parties etc. Most times your payoff can liquidate the loan. And if it can't, you give up the security. Also note that most of these loans are cash backed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Slashes Civil Servants' Salaries Weeks Before Christmas Pix / Nkiru Emodi, Shoemaker, Wins Entrepreneur Of The Year Award (Photos) / Japa: Top 5 Lucrative Side Hustles For Nigerians To Survive In UK, Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.