Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,386 members, 7,812,141 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:57 AM

How Nigerian Army Secretly Moved 20 Lekki Massacre Victims To IDH Mortuary - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Nigerian Army Secretly Moved 20 Lekki Massacre Victims To IDH Mortuary (420 Views)

'I Used Ransom From My Victims To Sponsor My Wife’s Education – Kidnap Suspect / Gracious David West: I Give The Phones Of My Victims To 'China' / Female Fraudster Who Lures Victims To Native Doctor With 'Dollar' Busted (2) (3) (4)

(1)

How Nigerian Army Secretly Moved 20 Lekki Massacre Victims To IDH Mortuary by spywavenoah(m): 3:29pm On Oct 30, 2020
At least 20 bodies of EndSARS protesters massacred at Lekki Toll Gate, Lagos by operatives of the Nigerian Army on October 20, 2020, were on Friday secretly moved to the Infectious Disease Hospital (IDH) mortuary in Yaba.

SaharaReporters gathered that the Lekki massacre victims were moved to the IDH mortuary after a postmortem examinations was conducted on their bodies at the Department of Pathology and Forensic Medicine, Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Ikeja.
The IDH mortuary is beside the 68 Nigerian Army Reference Hospital (68 NARHY), a military health facility in Yaba.

SaharaReporters recall that soldiers had last week Tuesday opened fire on the protesters, who had converged at the Lekki Toll Gate to protest against police brutality.

The incident triggered a global outrage, with calls for justice echoing from different parts of the world.

It was gathered that before the shooting started, some officials uninstalled the Closed Circuit Television cameras in the area.

The electricity at the protest area was also disconnected to prevent demonstrators from filming the attack.

Minutes later, heavily armed Nigerian Army personnel moved into the scene to complete the plan.

By the time sounds of their guns died down, dozens of protesters had been killed.

Though Lagos State governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, blamed ‘forces beyond our control’ for the attack, the Army in a statement later revealed that the soldiers were invited to the scene of protest by the governor.

Also soldiers involved in the operation confirmed they were drafted in for the mission on the request of the governor.

1 Like

Re: How Nigerian Army Secretly Moved 20 Lekki Massacre Victims To IDH Mortuary by Mynd44: 4:21pm On Oct 30, 2020

(1)

Terrorists Raze Kareto, Kill 13 Loggers In Damboa / I Will Kill You And Nothing Will Happen In Nigeria Solider Brags / 16yr Old Girl Commit Suicide After She Was Accused Of Stealing Her Mom Underwear

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.