Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Sultan Wants Jonathan To Sign Undertaking - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sultan Wants Jonathan To Sign Undertaking (904 Views)

Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness / APC Presidential Aspirants Sign undertaking not to decamp after primaries / Clark Wants Jonathan To Ban Governors' Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sultan Wants Jonathan To Sign Undertaking by aloyemeka1: 7:28pm On Mar 11, 2011
[size=16pt]Promises: Sultan wants Jonathan to sign undertaking [/size]

Thursday, 10 March 2011 00:00 Mohammed S. Shehu & Rakiya A. Muhammad, Sokoto

Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Sa’ad Abubakar

The Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Sa’ad Abubakar has asked President Goodluck Jonathan to sign an undertaking that he will deliver all the catalogue of campaign promises he rolled out at his palace. “All we need to do, through our amiable governor is to get a paper, list out all those things he said he is going to do, let him sign an undertaking so that we will start pursuing him with that paper around,” Sultan said.

The Sultan, flanked by his council members, including the former President Shehu Shagari received Jonathan in audience before the latter commenced his campaign rally at the Sokoto township stadium yesterday.

“When somebody asks for a favour, the person who is going to do the favour may say, well let’s see if it is going to be possible. But when the person who is going to do that favour, openly, unsolicited, comes up and says this is what I’m going to do, that gives room to the person who is going to ask the favour to say thank you. So if I had spoken before him and requested him to do something and he promises to do so, it would have been a different thing. And without me asking him, he has himself listed out a catalogue of things that we are going to benefit from.”

He thanked God for what He has done to Jonathan in his life, adding: “You are here by the virtue of the Almighty’s blessing on you as President of this country and nothing more. Nobody could have done it otherwise: it was already destined it was going to happen.

“So you are coming now for campaign rally and pay this courtesy visit. It is just a formality for you to come and tell us what you are here for.”

Meanwhile, Jonathan, at his presidential campaign at the Gingiya Memorial stadium, Sokoto, harped on the need to avoid violence during the forthcoming elections, stressing that his government stands for peace and unity of the country.

http://www.dailytrust.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=13767:promises-sultan-wants-jonathan-to-sign-undertaking&catid=2:lead-stories&Itemid=8
Re: Sultan Wants Jonathan To Sign Undertaking by aloyemeka1: 7:58pm On Mar 11, 2011
This sultan na correct mugu.
Re: Sultan Wants Jonathan To Sign Undertaking by egift(m): 8:24pm On Mar 11, 2011
How else do you deal with a man that had denied agreement you had with him in the past?

My advise for Sultan:
- Make sure he does it publicly
- Video it
- Snap pictures of it
- Let him also thumbprint on it.
- Finally bring recommendation from 3 well known Nigerians
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Sultan Wants Jonathan To Sign Undertaking by misterh(m): 8:26pm On Mar 11, 2011
Is it wrong 4 d Sultan 2 ask GEJ 2 sign an undertaken dat he'll deliver his promises? If he truthful, he'll sign it.
Re: Sultan Wants Jonathan To Sign Undertaking by AndreUweh(m): 8:56pm On Mar 11, 2011
The Sultan should not get involved in politics but religious affairs.
Re: Sultan Wants Jonathan To Sign Undertaking by 9ijaMan: 9:07pm On Mar 11, 2011
Andre Uweh:

Aparently the Sultan is not a Nigerian abi undecided. He is not affected by the promises without delivery of the GEJ/PDP administration.
Re: Sultan Wants Jonathan To Sign Undertaking by Rhino5dm: 9:17pm On Mar 11, 2011
But i didn't see you screaming when GEJ knelt down in front of that con man Oyedopo?? this is why i hate religious fanatics!

Andre Uweh:

Re: Sultan Wants Jonathan To Sign Undertaking by Nsiman(m): 9:26pm On Mar 11, 2011
The sultan must be !nsane! Do the s.s ask northerners to sign an undertaking b4 voting them over their 34 yrs of misrule?
Re: Sultan Wants Jonathan To Sign Undertaking by Richtalk: 9:32pm On Mar 11, 2011
Let Buhari sign first!
Re: Sultan Wants Jonathan To Sign Undertaking by rasputinn(m): 9:32pm On Mar 11, 2011
See how full of themselves they are?
Re: Sultan Wants Jonathan To Sign Undertaking by Rhino5dm: 9:34pm On Mar 11, 2011
once bitten thrice shy!!!
Mu he he he! grin grin grin
Re: Sultan Wants Jonathan To Sign Undertaking by 9ijaMan: 9:37pm On Mar 11, 2011
Nsiman:

The sultan must be !nsane! Do the s.s ask northerners to sign an undertaking b4 voting them over their 34 yrs of misrule?
Richtalk:

Let Buhari sign first!
rasputinn:

See how full of themselves they are?
No qualms. All that is required is for your chiefs in the SS to grow enough balls to ask every candidate to sign such. Why blame the sultan for having the guts which your lame duck chiefs lack?
Buhari will be ever ready to sign and vouch for whatever promises he makes.
Re: Sultan Wants Jonathan To Sign Undertaking by Rhino5dm: 9:44pm On Mar 11, 2011
Neither can you recognize nor respect your thief/chief/s if you are drunken to stupor. just saying. . .

9ijaMan:

No qualms. All that is required is for your chiefs in the SS to grow enough balls to ask every candidate to sign such. Why blame the sultan for having the guts which your lame duck[b] chiefs lack?[/b]Buhari will be ever ready to sign and vouch for whatever promises he makes.
Re: Sultan Wants Jonathan To Sign Undertaking by AndreUweh(m): 9:49pm On Mar 11, 2011
Nsiman:

Don't mind the politician masquerading as a religious leader.
Re: Sultan Wants Jonathan To Sign Undertaking by Nsiman(m): 10:14pm On Mar 11, 2011
Buhari is part of nigeria's problem. So telling him to sign and he does is just as pouring water on fowl's back. Over 22yrs ago what did he do to the south as a whole?
Re: Sultan Wants Jonathan To Sign Undertaking by 9ijaMan: 10:28pm On Mar 11, 2011
Nsiman:

Buhari is part of nigeria's problem. So telling him to sign and he does is just as pouring water on fowl's back. Over 22yrs ago what did he do to the south as a whole?
What he did in the south-south alone is more than what PDP has done across Nigeria in 12 years. If you don't know go and ask ya papas and mamas.
Re: Sultan Wants Jonathan To Sign Undertaking by Nobody: 10:38pm On Mar 11, 2011
Very Smart Sultan!

PDP - PROPER DEMON PARTY - a party you cannot trust!

When dining with the devil, eat with a very long spoon!
Re: Sultan Wants Jonathan To Sign Undertaking by CrazyMan(m): 11:03pm On Mar 11, 2011
Please tell me, is Jonathan ruling Nigeria to favour the Sultan or for the benefit of the masses?

Isn’t this Sultan supposed to be sending condolence messages to Nigerians who lost their lives in Jos and other Northern states?

What has Jonathan’s promises got to do with him? If I may ask, did he ask the late Yar’adua to sign any rubbish when he was elected into office?

Why is it that when a non-Northern assumes the presidential seat their blood begins to boil until either they impeach him or make him a public enemy to the people.
Re: Sultan Wants Jonathan To Sign Undertaking by AndreUweh(m): 11:43pm On Mar 11, 2011
CrazyMan:

Please tell me, is Jonathan ruling Nigeria to favour the Sultan or for the benefit of the masses?

Isn’t this Sultan supposed to be sending condolence messages to Nigerians who lost their lives in Jos and other Northern states?

What has Jonathan’s promises got to do with him? If I may ask, did he ask the late Yar’adua to sign any rubbish when he was elected into office?

Why is it that when a non-Northern assumes the presidential seat their blood begins to boil until either they impeach him or make him a public enemy to the people.
WORD.
Re: Sultan Wants Jonathan To Sign Undertaking by aloyemeka1: 3:34am On Mar 12, 2011
9ijaMan:

No qualms. All that is required is for your chiefs in the SS to grow enough balls to ask every candidate to sign such. Why blame the sultan for having the guts which your lame duck chiefs lack?
Buhari will be ever ready to sign and vouch for whatever promises he makes.

Did the Sultan ask Yaradua to sign his promises before he got rigged in?.
Re: Sultan Wants Jonathan To Sign Undertaking by 9ijaMan: 4:13am On Mar 12, 2011
CrazyMan:

aloy/emeka:

Why do you guys feel this threatened? If your pay master GEJ is sure that he's not making empty promises, it should not be difficult for him to sign such a document na. Afterall he's being asked to sign a document that will contain the list of his promises!
The Sultan has not asked GEJ to sign his death warrant na! Haba, you guys should use ur head!
Re: Sultan Wants Jonathan To Sign Undertaking by OAM4J: 4:19am On Mar 12, 2011
I laugh in Sokoto grin grin grin
Re: Sultan Wants Jonathan To Sign Undertaking by Nobody: 8:47am On Mar 12, 2011
aloy/emeka:

What-a-revelation!!!
So Yaradua/Goodluck ticket is a stolen one?
So PDP & UMYA-GEJ were rigged in?
So Jonathan & Yaradua are thief
*Fela - you no go hear them say thief, thief, thief*

The people's will was subverted, their mandate stolen
I wonder whose victory GEJ's team steal? BUHARI's
No wonder Buhari appeal to the Judiciary
No wonder the supreme court were deadlock
and eventual have to ballot Nays & Ayes (splitting a narrow 4-3 in favour of the thieves

No wonder Buhari was alledge to have said ''lynch the devil caught rigging vote'' (even though the speech is false propaganda/fabrication)

(1) (Reply)

My Views On Nuhu Ribadu / Feel / As S/West loses out of Power Equation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.