Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,468 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

Can You Grow For Me? - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Can You Grow For Me? (4760 Views)

Let's Help You Grow Your Vegetables Now The Price Is About To Skyrocket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Grow For Me? by Attit: 7:28am On Nov 19, 2020
An idea came up while discussing with some people last week. I will guide you free of charge. Not just 1 to 2 months training, but I will guide you step by step which can last several weeks or months. You can ask questions anytime. The win here is you minimize your cost of production. Most of the time, farmers do not finish seeds and they go bad esp tomato, pepper and other tiny seeds. So also chemicals and if a bag of fertilizer is used for small plot, it will not finish. So farmers buy per paint messure of fertilizer which increase the cost of production. A group of 10 to 20 can put together cash, buy in bulk and share to reduce the cost of production. And on top, I am collecting nothing. You are free to sell your harvests. You dont need to supply me by force. What is my gain? I believe that if I train and guide100 people, at least 2 people will supply me without forcing them. That's it. And I will ask all those I train to assist with minimal supplies too just to assist me supply my market. Anyone trained free of charge can afford to suppply just 5% of his total harvest with a good heart. So, I am not going to pretend I don't want anything in return. But what I put in for you is more than what you will give in return. N20,000 is a reasonable price for completing 1 plot of land for most crops if you can build a group for yourself I can guide. Old farmers can join as long as they can teach and correct us gently. No man knows it all. Old farmers can take the opportunity of the low cost of production. Tomato, Pepper, Cucumber, watermelon, okra, Maize etc.

Drop your whatsapp if you are interested and ready to invite 10 to 20 people so we can learn together. I can manage up to 10 groups. Pls, bring in your team you trust. I want to avoid different people coming on together and they start having money and trust issues.
Re: Can You Grow For Me? by onyiiix9523(f): 11:15pm On Nov 19, 2020
Xlyad:
It seems I'm late to the party. I'm very much interested in this. I reside in Ojo, Lagos state and with access to several plots of land. Can you still avail me this opportunity?
. I'm very close to Ojo. But no access to land but can partner with you since I'm a trained agricultural graduate ( B.Agric)
Re: Can You Grow For Me? by Attit: 4:23am On Nov 20, 2020
onyiiix9523:
. I'm very close to Ojo. But no access to land but can partner with you since I'm a trained agricultural graduate ( B.Agric)
Do not just partner with anyone because you do not have access to land yet. You need to push through. Mainwhile, start learning. Buy your inputs and keep. No need to rush. You can use bags to practice at home pending the time you get your land. You will get land. Dont worry. Do not ignore 1 plot, 2 plots around you as long as you can move water there. It may not be wise at times to partner with those farmers cos they are demons in disguise. Please, leave your bachelor degree certificate aside. I have friends with masters in Agric, yet they consult people without diploma. You must know new seeds, new styles, new pesticides and ways to use them which are not taught in schools. You are just like every other person interested in it. What matters is your ability to learn fast, how you negotiate your way through, how politely you turn deaf ears to farmers pressure of making you do it their own useless ways, how you control workers, and ability to look for your market instead of depending on how local farmer sell cheaply. Despite phd of many, they still line behind illiterates.

Get people who can buy farm inputs with you, and bail out. Go solo. Focus on your business and do not depend on any member of your group. Carry your cross yourself. It will end well like this. Do not use same land, same whatever with anyone. You should only get in group and buy farm inputs only. You can ask about land and how to use from people. You can check land anyone is using. But dont ever put money together to do anyone's land. Never. I dont know anyone and I dont want to know. This is my principle and it has helped me so much after recovering from terribly and heartless people. This is my recommendation.
Re: Can You Grow For Me? by chiamaka66(f): 6:47am On Nov 20, 2020
Attit:
Ok

It is hard teaching old farmers because they have their styles already. They are usually low budget farmers. I hope you have enough to pull it through. But certainly not up to what the boy soliciting for fund is asking.

I will contact both of you soon.

Vegetables are expensive, so no matter how much you spend, you will make profit. Seeds, fertilizer, and other inputs are expensive. The cost of petrol for irrigation is high, so using hose is suicidal. Please, put these issues into consideration before going into vegetable. Do not go and waste the little money you have and break down mid way because you failed to know ahead details of all you need. Not trying to make it sweet, or trying to discourage anyone. I am just saying the truth.

you this guy,
you sound not straight forward

how is the profit percentage like?

1 Like

Re: Can You Grow For Me? by cynthia500(f): 6:53am On Nov 20, 2020
Attit:

Do not just partner with anyone because you do not have access to land yet. You need to push through. Mainwhile, start learning. Buy your inputs and keep. No need to rush. You can use bags to practice at home pending the time you get your land. You will get land. Dont worry. Do not ignore 1 plot, 2 plots around you as long as you can move water there. It may not be wise at times to partner with those farmers cos they are demons in disguise. Please, leave your bachelor degree certificate aside. I have friends with masters in Agric, yet they consult people without diploma. You must know new seeds, new styles, new pesticides and ways to use them which are not taught in schools. You are just like every other person interested in it. What matters is your ability to learn fast, how you negotiate your way through, how politely you turn deaf ears to farmers pressure of making you do it their own useless ways, how you control workers, and ability to look for your market instead of depending on how local farmer sell cheaply. Despite phd of many, they still line behind illiterates.

Get people who can buy farm inputs with you, and bail out. Go solo. Focus on your business and do not depend on any member of your group. Carry your cross yourself. It will end well like this. Do not use same land, same whatever with anyone. You should only get in group and buy farm inputs only. You can ask about land and how to use from people. You can check land anyone is using. But dont ever put money together to do anyone's land. Never. I dont know anyone and I dont want to know. This is my principle and it has helped me so much after recovering from terribly and heartless people. This is my recommendation.

1 Like

Re: Can You Grow For Me? by opeyemiabdullah: 6:56am On Nov 20, 2020
Attit:

I like your blunt reply and of course you stated severally that this is your opinion so no one can or should take offence with your views.
There is really no reason to take offence at anyone's opinion. The world is diverse and the brain is dynamic
"OPINIONS IS LIKE EATING RICE, YOU CAN EAT IT WHITE, JOLLOF, FRIED, ETC WHATEVER WAY YOU CHOOSE TO EAT IT IS YOUR CHOICE AS LONG AS YOU ARE EATING RICE. JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE LIKES IT WHITE DOES NOT MEAN EATING IT FRIED IS WRONG".
We must learn to accommodate each others view without quarrels, insults and insinuations
Re: Can You Grow For Me? by ijeoma33(f): 6:57am On Nov 20, 2020
Lolzzzz

2 Likes

Re: Can You Grow For Me? by ijeoma33(f): 7:01am On Nov 20, 2020
opeyemiabdullah:

I like your blunt reply and of course you stated severally that this is your opinion so no one can or should take offence with your views.
There is really no reason to take offence at anyone's opinion. The world is diverse and the brain is dynamic
"OPINIONS IS LIKE EATING RICE, YOU CAN EAT IT WHITE, JOLLOF, FRIED, ETC WHATEVER WAY YOU CHOOSE TO EAT IT IS YOUR CHOICE AS LONG AS YOU ARE EATING RICE. JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE LIKES IT WHITE DOES NOT MEAN EATING IT FRIED IS WRONG".
We must learn to accommodate each others view without quarrels, insults and insinuations

2 Likes

Re: Can You Grow For Me? by opeyemiabdullah: 7:47am On Nov 20, 2020
ijeoma33:

no need to advice him,
let him come and force this bitter melon planting down our throats.

am not really buying this idea anytime soon

since he has no manners
don't really know if geniun people will ever call him to do business
Actually it was an open address to everyone
You can't completely blame someone who is against partnership. The level of fraud and deception from some partnership is enough to send a feeble mind to an early grave. Imagine someone who entrusted his/her life savings to a partner or took a loan or sold a precious property to raise a fund and was defrauded,
If such person is strong enough to be alive after the loss, the person will not only discourage partnership in person but will also warn generations unborn about partnership.
Likewise not all partners are evil, some partners are closer and more trustworthy than siblings or families.
Not everyone can start up alone, not all businesses can flourish individually, some people needs a carrying shoulder, a support, a cushion, a booster to start or stand. The economy is not favourable for low socioeconomic classes, there might be need for crowd funding, pooling of resources, ideas, opinions together, some risks are too massive for individuals to bear but when shared amongst groups, it becomes negligible
Overall there is no true right or wrong, for every decisions and opinions you stick to, you lose some and gain some. Some opinions sound stupid but if you are not in a rush to discard it you might perhaps see sense in the nonsense. Tolerance, patience and peace are important receipe for the ultimate success we all desire.
Remember this is just my opinion, perhaps it doesn't makes sense to you, just read a second time and you can discard after the third time if still not sensible.
Re: Can You Grow For Me? by Attit: 9:27am On Nov 20, 2020
chiamaka66:

you this guy,
you sound not straight forward

how is the profit percentage like?
Re: Can You Grow For Me? by Attit: 9:28am On Nov 20, 2020
cynthia500:

you talk trash Mr man.
my husband has been a farmer in the north for 18 years now and does some partnership with some big farmers controlling the food chains of the nation.

why do you have to be so selfish talking it out to yourself so the other guy can look stupid or dubious.

I hope no one falls for this or ever calls you,
you are such a pain in the ass
keep deceiving yarself
Re: Can You Grow For Me? by Attit: 9:29am On Nov 20, 2020
opeyemiabdullah:

Thank you my brother.
ijeoma33:
op you are a nonsense person,
your types are to be really avoided seriously
ijeoma33:

no need to advice him,
let him come and force this bitter melon planting down our throats.

am not really buying this idea anytime soon

since he has no manners
don't really know if geniun people will ever call him to do business
Re: Can You Grow For Me? by Attit: 9:42am On Nov 20, 2020
opeyemiabdullah:

Actually it was an open address to everyone
You can't completely blame someone who is against partnership. The level of fraud and deception from some partnership is enough to send a feeble mind to an early grave. Imagine someone who entrusted his/her life savings to a partner or took a loan or sold a precious property to raise a fund and was defrauded,
If such person is strong enough to be alive after the loss, the person will not only discourage partnership in person but will also warn generations unborn about partnership.
Likewise not all partners are evil, some partners are closer and more trustworthy than siblings or families.
Not everyone can start up alone, not all businesses can flourish individually, some people needs a carrying shoulder, a support, a cushion, a booster to start or stand. The economy is not favourable for low socioeconomic classes, there might be need for crowd funding, pooling of resources, ideas, opinions together, some risks are too massive for individuals to bear but when shared amongst groups, it becomes negligible
Overall there is no true right or wrong, for every decisions and opinions you stick to, you lose some and gain some. Some opinions sound stupid but if you are not in a rush to discard it you might perhaps see sense in the nonsense. Tolerance, patience and peace are important receipe for the ultimate success we all desire.
Remember this is just my opinion, perhaps it doesn't makes sense to you, just read a second time and you can discard after the third time if still not sensible.
Sir, she wrote her husband partners and not she. So, why should I reply her? Again, her husband partners in the north, but the person I advised is in Lagos. Bros, leave her alone. Like you pointed out, it's not by force. Even one guy wrote me and was telling me to find people join him, I told him I dont want to even to touch his money. Lol. The guy got angry and abused me that i dont know what I am doing. What did I do? I said wahala and yes sir.

They want me to guide people I dont know and endorse their partnerships. Lol. I want to see how anyone will say I dupe him or her when I am paid zero naira. Lol! No one can bully me into doing more than what I choose to do.

If the lady above apologises to me tomorrow after she has been shown pepper, what do I have to do than to still show her the right path? God forgives us. I have forgiven her even before she apologizes. Please, leave her alone.
Re: Can You Grow For Me? by Xlyad(m): 2:12pm On Nov 20, 2020
onyiiix9523:
The Op has a narrow mindset and is not open to broadening his views about life. I stay in Ojo Cantoment and I am open to partnering with you. It could come in several ways. We can work together on the same project or I can help you lease a piece of land to do your own farm. Let me know the option you prefer.
Re: Can You Grow For Me? by Attit: 3:27pm On Nov 20, 2020
@onyiiix9523
You met someone on my thread does not mean I am involved. I have given you a piece of advice. May God guide you as you make your choice. Again, don't let anyone put pressure on you. Avoid farmers' pressure, workers' pressure, land grabbers' pressure, partners' pressure, etc. Work according to your own pace. Your goodness will not flow pass you. Shine your eyes esp in Lagos. Not saying anyone is a fraud. It is your money, don't bow to insults also. You see that I don't care as long as their insults mean nothing to me. That's the guy who hoped I show him one or two things in farming insulting me cos I told him I cannot find him a partner, and he should find himself. Personally, I cannot guide someone like that. No way. Watch out for attitude too. Goodluck!
Re: Can You Grow For Me? by Attit: 3:28pm On Nov 20, 2020
Xlyad:
The Op has a narrow mindset and is not open to broadening his views about life. I stay in Ojo Cantoment and I am open to partnering with you. It could come in several ways. We can work together on the same project or I can help you lease a piece of land to do your own farm. Let me know the option you prefer.
Re: Can You Grow For Me? by cynthia500(f): 6:23pm On Nov 20, 2020
Attit:
@onyiiix9523
You met someone on my thread does not mean I am involved. I have given you a piece of advice. May God guide you as you make your choice. Again, don't let anyone put pressure on you. Avoid farmers' pressure, workers' pressure, land grabbers' pressure, partners' pressure, etc. Work according to your own pace. Your goodness will not flow pass you. Shine your eyes esp in Lagos. Not saying anyone is a fraud. It is your money, don't bow to insults also. You see that I don't care as long as their insults mean nothing to me. That's the guy who hoped I show him one or two things in farming insulting me cos I told him I cannot find him a partner, and he should find himself. Personally, I cannot guide someone like that. No way. Watch out for attitude too. Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: Can You Grow For Me? by cynthia500(f): 6:37pm On Nov 20, 2020

1 Like

Re: Can You Grow For Me? by Xlyad(m): 6:53pm On Nov 20, 2020
Attit:
@onyiiix9523
Just a few minutes of conversation with this clown called Attit gives one a perfect definition of a "delusional slowpoke suffering from delusion of grandeur"'. The Op's brain is so dull that he can't process simple information an average primary 3 pupil will. This guy is supposed to have lived in the 20th century BC. It was this Neanderthal that suggested that I should find 10 people in my area to key into his phoney scheme to which I said I may not be able to get such number of participants in my area. I further suggested he group us into groups of 2,3,5or 10 or possibly let those that are capable do it on their own. I told him plainly that I was not a new farmer. I thought he had ideas I could learn from ,being an open minded person ,amenable to new ideas but from my discussions with him,he had nothing to offer. That's why I brought our conversation to an abrupt end. I dare you, Attit ,to post our whole conversation here for everyone to see what we discussed and be the judge. To the person you are advising not to be defrauded by me,if you had a modicum of common sense, you should know I was only trying to help in my own way. To the fraudsters,everyone else is also a fraudster:We see the world through our own prism.

1 Like

Re: Can You Grow For Me? by Xlyad(m): 7:01pm On Nov 20, 2020
cynthia500:
Op keep on the bad work of educating people with ur lies,

sooner or later i will report you to the police division in festac and they will lay thorough investigations on this,

you never can tell who i am and who my husband is,

you think its a joke and since its online then nothing can happen,

well i dont blame you because the country is truly messed up
Imagine this guy suggesting I am a fraudster for trying to assist a fellow Nigerian. You can hardly find Nigerians more against fraud than myself but here is a person who doesn't know me from Adam calling me a fraudster.
Re: Can You Grow For Me? by stancod(m): 7:04pm On Nov 20, 2020
Attit:
I am a farmer and I got busy recently with some other activities. I want to still continue producing for my buyers. If you live in Ikorodu or other parts of the city, and you have a piece of land you can use, you may like this. You will make a bamboo or wooden stake for cultivating bitter melon. I will provide seeds, net, chemicals, and fertilizer for sowing. While you provide irrigation and the rest. I will also guide you. Drop your whatsapp and I will contact you.
am in ikorodu igbogbo. 09093644447
Re: Can You Grow For Me? by Attit: 7:08pm On Nov 20, 2020
cynthia500:

this is absolute trash,
you claim to help farmers with only seeds.

Thats just to show how selfish minded you are.

So its only seeds you can offer a farmer?

What about manure and so many other things,

so the farmer will suffer to plant while you come to share all harvest,

you are nothing but a fruad!
As i have said earlier,
Keep the lies to yarself

Hmmm! Let me reply you. So, explain how I am a fraud.

Remember, I want to teach free of charge when you should pay N20k to N100k for training.

I am not asking the trainees to supply me. They are free to supply others. So, what is the issue here?

You as a farmer must pay for all, but someone still covers 20 to 35% of your cost of production and you call the person a fraud.

I said I dont want to touch your money. So, how am I a fraud?

If I am responsible for 100% of everything, why will I want to partner with a farmer and still buy from him, when I can get a worker to do it? grin Am I stupid?

Do you know the cost of the seeds? Or do you think the cost is like those cheap seeds you buy around? Do you know the details of what I gave those people?

So, say how I am selfish and a fraud. You must say it. Show everyone why you are sure I am. Show everyone the lies here.
Re: Can You Grow For Me? by Attit: 7:12pm On Nov 20, 2020
Xlyad:
Imagine this guy suggesting I am a fraudster for trying to assist a fellow Nigerian. You can hardly find Nigerians more against fraud than myself but here is a person who doesn't know me from Adam calling me a fraudster.

I told you earlier that I cannot find you a partner or partners. Please, get that into your head. I do not do it, and I will not tell anyone to partner with anyone. I dont want wahala. If you want partners, go and open your thread.

Sorry if you feel you are called a fraudster. I did not call you one. I simply advised the fellow who asked about partnership not to do it. Why? It is on my thread. I dont know you. And I dont want any offer of partnership on this thread sir. Go and do your partnership outside my thread. Thanks.
Re: Can You Grow For Me? by Attit: 7:15pm On Nov 20, 2020
stancod:
am in ikorodu igbogbo. 09093644447
Will get in touch with you.
Re: Can You Grow For Me? by stancod(m): 7:25pm On Nov 20, 2020
Attit:
Will get in touch with you.
OK sir
Re: Can You Grow For Me? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Nov 20, 2020
We hav fertilizer for you for your crops

Re: Can You Grow For Me? by cynthia500(f): 10:03pm On Nov 20, 2020
Attit:

Hmmm! Let me reply you. So, explain how I am a fraud.

Remember, I want to teach free of charge when you should pay N20k to N100k for training.

I am not asking the trainees to supply me. They are free to supply others. So, what is the issue here?

You as a farmer must pay for all, but someone still covers 20 to 35% of your cost of production and you call the person a fraud.

I said I dont want to touch your money. So, how am I a fraud?

If I am responsible for 100% of everything, why will I want to partner with a farmer and still buy from him, when I can get a worker to do it? grin Am I stupid?

Do you know the cost of the seeds? Or do you think the cost is like those cheap seeds you buy around? Do you know the details of what I gave those people?

So, say how I am selfish and a fraud. You must say it. Show everyone why you are sure I am. Show everyone the lies here.

Re: Can You Grow For Me? by Attit: 2:37am On Nov 21, 2020
Xlyad:
Just a few minutes of conversation with this clown called Attit gives one a perfect definition of a "delusional slowpoke suffering from delusion of grandeur"'. The Op's brain is so dull that he can't process simple information an average primary 3 pupil will. This guy is supposed to have lived in the 20th century BC. It was this Neanderthal that suggested that I should find 10 people in my area to key into his phoney scheme to which I said I may not be able to get such number of participants in my area. I further suggested he group us into groups of 2,3,5or 10 or possibly let those that are capable do it on their own. I told him plainly that I was not a new farmer. I thought he had ideas I could learn from ,being an open minded person ,amenable to new ideas but from my discussions with him,he had nothing to offer. That's why I brought our conversation to an abrupt end. I dare you, Attit ,to post our whole conversation here for everyone to see what we discussed and be the judge. To the person you are advising not to be defrauded by me,if you had a modicum of common sense, you should know I was only trying to help in my own way. To the fraudsters,everyone else is also a fraudster:We see the world through our own prism.
Re: Can You Grow For Me? by Attit: 3:01am On Nov 21, 2020
I do not need to write further about the person above. He claimed to want to assist me in his way. I advise him to create a thread, ask for partners and help himself before assisting me. Read all his insults, and he needs my help. Yet, he is a small boy. This why I do not recommend partnership. If you are not compatible with the person or group, you will get drained. They will impose their will on you.

He keeps saying I called him a fraudster, please, where did I? He is the one who keeps calling me one and other names. Please, do not fall for farmers' sweet mouth. It is after you drop cash you will see the demons in them. Imagine the insults on me he is trying to learn and get investors from. Now think about you who are relying on him. You will get the insults of your life from this small boy on top your money grin

You can start wisely with peace of mind with small amount of money. You do not need to rush. If you have huge cash to start, good. But if you need help, find people and buy farm inputs together to reduce the cost of production, and keep till you are ready, or start if you want to immediately. You need N400k and above to set up 1 acre farm, even well over 1million as it depends on the set up. But you can start gradually making consistent profits. You can expand at your pace. Take your time and learn first. Leveraging on Nigerian farmers skill is a wrong strategy in this our period. You will regret it. That farmer will use you, insult you, and you will be helpless. There are good ones, but they are hard to find. Save yourself this humiliation and loss by taking your time to learn it.

If you can get 10 to 20 people of like minds, drop your whatsapp and I will contact you. Thank you.
Re: Can You Grow For Me? by gokpoechi(m): 1:09pm On Dec 31, 2020
@Attit

Please contact me on 08022433245.

It would have been great if you dropped your contact info here, just to avoid fraudsters calling people and pretending to be you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Best Agricultural Investment Opportunity For 2018 / FG Announced Plans To Reach Over 60,000 Farmers With Highly Subsidized Input / Imports, Low Prices Hurt Maize Farmers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.