Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,243 members, 7,829,443 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

We Can’t Walk Freely Again — Police - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Can’t Walk Freely Again — Police (41327 Views)

Again, Police, Shiites Clash In Abuja / Military Airstrikes: Armed Bandits Return To Zamfara Communities, Walk Freely / Uzodinma Mocks Okorocha: 'You Can No Longer Walk Freely' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Can’t Walk Freely Again — Police by 6digitscomrade: 6:44pm On Oct 31, 2020
Re: We Can’t Walk Freely Again — Police by officialfestus(m): 6:47pm On Oct 31, 2020
ouzo1:
Officer you say wetin?
lol
Re: We Can’t Walk Freely Again — Police by abdsamad(m): 6:47pm On Oct 31, 2020
Yes there's need for reform of the police force

There's also need for reform of most other services

It's not very likely that there'll be any meaningful reform if the police force continues to be controlled at the federal level

Policemen are humans and do not deserve to be maimed

It is unfortunate that the many will suffer for the atrocities of the few

Wherever you are, it is not enough to say you disagree with a corrupt system you work in. Expose the hidden corruption in your department before the exploited come for all of you

1 Like

Re: We Can’t Walk Freely Again — Police by tyup(m): 6:47pm On Oct 31, 2020
abimic:
The brazen boldness of the masses took an alarming level to me when I saw a young man fighting a lone soldier around barracks yesterday in Lagos. People have really been pushed to the Wall with no fear of repercussions if they challenge an officer on duty.

shocked The guy get heart o
Re: We Can’t Walk Freely Again — Police by dplores(m): 6:50pm On Oct 31, 2020
Police or any uniform man isn't the problem of our dear country same goes with any section or sector not working.

The problems we are facing are those leading us and not the ones stated above.
Re: We Can’t Walk Freely Again — Police by tyup(m): 6:55pm On Oct 31, 2020
Slymonster:

Brother I thought it was just me. Quite annoying the last time I checked my wardrobe. Lol

I had to do that cause the police in our side don't stop you if you dress cooperate they'd prolly think ur a Bank worker or a teacher so I had to dress so to save myself alot keeping my Afro hairstyle on a low cuz I had to reduce to barbing once a month

Just imagine how they made me live in my own country,one now expect me to pity them. I'll even sponsor future attack if I can sad
Re: We Can’t Walk Freely Again — Police by litaninja(m): 6:57pm On Oct 31, 2020
Nigerian citizens haven't been able to walk freely for years now.

1 Like

Re: We Can’t Walk Freely Again — Police by tnerro1(m): 7:01pm On Oct 31, 2020
I think we all need to chill a bit, I observed Something in my area last week. Before when police come around, boys will be looking for where to hide but last week the police came around and boys where just giving them close marking. Everybody was watching everybody grin
That’s why I believe the police need new leadership to handle this situation
Re: We Can’t Walk Freely Again — Police by Missyajoke(f): 7:04pm On Oct 31, 2020
LostAddict11:

What you saw was a fake video, it was doctored.

Shut up there bushrat. Its not your fault now politicians are trying their best to bury the obvious lies about the killing. Are you even working with force? If not don't ask me foolish question.
Re: We Can’t Walk Freely Again — Police by F117nighthawk: 7:04pm On Oct 31, 2020
Shame dey catch una grin grin na una sins dey judge una, as long as una wan get genuine repentance, the masses will forgive the police force
Re: We Can’t Walk Freely Again — Police by tyup(m): 7:12pm On Oct 31, 2020
tnerro1:
I think we all need to chill a bit, I observed Something in my area last week. Before when police come around, boys will be looking for where to hide but last week the police came around and boys where just giving them close marking. Everybody was watching everybody grin
That’s why I believe the police need new leadership to handle this situation

Aswear ehn not only ur Area...in my area the now conjoin with soldiers to Patrol outta fear
Re: We Can’t Walk Freely Again — Police by Uli22(m): 7:17pm On Oct 31, 2020
I pray this brings total transformation in police force cos they can feel the power of the masses now.
Re: We Can’t Walk Freely Again — Police by LostAddict11: 7:26pm On Oct 31, 2020
Missyajoke:

Shut up there bushrat. Its not your fault now politicians are trying their best to bury the obvious lies about the killing. Are you even working with force? If not don't ask me foolish question.

Aunty do you know what sarcasm is? I was trying to quote Liar Mohammed but here you are flaring up without reading the message properly, oh well my apologies if you misunderstood it.

Nigeria has killed people's sense of humour.
Re: We Can’t Walk Freely Again — Police by SmartMugu: 7:26pm On Oct 31, 2020
Good for you. The youths couldn't move freely because of you too.
Re: We Can’t Walk Freely Again — Police by lastchild: 7:35pm On Oct 31, 2020
one police that used to form boss in my area saw me this morning and was calling me senior man
Re: We Can’t Walk Freely Again — Police by IFEBARBIE: 7:35pm On Oct 31, 2020
At this juncture, I guess everyone has learnt his /her own lessons from the endsars scenario.

The endsars movement / Twitter influencers / celebrities learning that next time

1. They have to educate the uneducated ones that it's not fight against an entire police force but the rouge section of it, sars.

2.Protest for 4 or 5 days give govt a week or 2 to monitor implementation progress.

3. And not to totally infringe on movement of others who might not be interested in the protests by blocking the roads for too long.

Police

1. Should know that people have been bottling their grievances over the years and endsars gave them a perfect opportunity to retaliate

2. It's good to have a good relationship with your host community

3. Treat people well at the station and suspects should be suspects till proven guilty by a Court of law.

4. Bail should truly be free.

5. Unnecessary road block should be reduced and turned into motorized patrol

Govt

1. Should fund police activities totally, which includes fueling, fleet Management, uniforms and kits.

2. Installing dashcam to all patrol cruisers and make sure arrests are made in the full glare of the cams

3. body cameras

4. Computerized database of citizens for criminal tracking via patrol vehicles

5. Lastly, fat salary. 150k for entry level constables

Going forward

1. People should be ready to be law abiding in order to hold police accountable if they are straying from their duty

2. People should arm themselves with the police act(power of police)

3. Police should shun bribe and arrest whoever is trying to bribe them using their cameras as proof.

4. Charge all cases to court immediately, even a minor offence like traffic contravention and assault

5. Police should be neat and friendly with the people.

I really sympathize with the policemen and their family members that got killed in the most gruesome manner I've ever seen in my life. Although, some people jubilated at it, but some know deep down that it's wrong. I pray the police bounce back stronger and be the law abiding people's Voltron once again.

Peace!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Can’t Walk Freely Again — Police by Comedian2019: 7:53pm On Oct 31, 2020
The wicked runs when no one is chasing him grin
Stop extortion and don't torture innocent people. Be professional. Then see how the slogan, "police is your friend" becomes real.

1 Like

Re: We Can’t Walk Freely Again — Police by OK2NVME: 7:56pm On Oct 31, 2020
That's how it feels to be a youth in Nigeria

No freedom from police brutality

You idiots now know what it means to be arrested for wandering.
Re: We Can’t Walk Freely Again — Police by Chimeluv(f): 8:01pm On Oct 31, 2020
The guilty are afraid undecided
Re: We Can’t Walk Freely Again — Police by richeeyo(m): 8:06pm On Oct 31, 2020
Most Nigerian youths are brainless

Quote if u part
Re: We Can’t Walk Freely Again — Police by madskills(m): 8:10pm On Oct 31, 2020
Bantino:
Na wah oooo

There was a time, the youths couldn't walk freely, so deal with the new norm and earn your respect back by being professional in the discharge of your duty as police men.
come o, how u take write exactly the same thing wey ma mind reason? what month were you born
Re: We Can’t Walk Freely Again — Police by finaleeec: 8:24pm On Oct 31, 2020
November ,December ,May Almighty God save Us all ,Armed Robberies is prominent in those two Months,Guys need Money for Christmas/ end of the Year Groove etc .We are in the Era of No Police ,Crime/ Robbery would have free Operations .
Re: We Can’t Walk Freely Again — Police by Moganajoe: 8:24pm On Oct 31, 2020
helinues:
You people caused it yourself

You could have faced your policing work instead of extorting

Same way Nigerian youths were unable to walk freely before the Lekki massacre
Re: We Can’t Walk Freely Again — Police by chaloskyx: 8:33pm On Oct 31, 2020
AWW WHAT A TERRIBLE THING CHOI OUR POLICE MEN ARE TRYING O EHEN DONT MIND THEM JUST RESIGN AND LET MORE CAPABLE HANDS TAKE OVER YOUR JOB EHEN SORRY
Re: We Can’t Walk Freely Again — Police by ofiko123(m): 8:35pm On Oct 31, 2020
Which way Nigeria??
Re: We Can’t Walk Freely Again — Police by Moganajoe: 8:36pm On Oct 31, 2020
thebosstrevor1:
it is a pity.

The public need to go and beg the police

You say endsar not kill police

But people are evil in this country and we go to churches daily.

Don't say that before I get mad at you.
Nigerian police owe the youths an apology for their ugly policing practice.

The essence of the #endsars protest was for the good of the police. It was for the government to increase police salaries/wages so that the rate of extortion, framing & killing by the police can be reduced.

If you have ever have an encounter with SARS/police you wouldn't be saying what u are saying now.
Re: We Can’t Walk Freely Again — Police by ibuildstuff(m): 8:36pm On Oct 31, 2020
inoki247:
That's true oh dey can't even walk freely like before, That's how I saw 3 Army truck going and behind them is a Police truck yesterday during the Curfew period I was like na wen police start to dey Convoy I saw them goin a patrol together.....
The army dey protect the police, army dey do security work for police.
Re: We Can’t Walk Freely Again — Police by Missyajoke(f): 8:37pm On Oct 31, 2020
LostAddict11:

Aunty do you know what sarcasm is? I was trying to quote Liar Mohammed but here you are flaring up without reading the message properly, oh well my apologies if you misunderstood it.

Nigeria has killed people's sense of humour.

Am sorry for the way I replied thought you're part of the people trying to cover up the killings of people cause some people have been paid to do so. Am indeed sorry.
Re: We Can’t Walk Freely Again — Police by ibuildstuff(m): 8:38pm On Oct 31, 2020
supportnija:

If police start their own now , i hope you go run to UN, USA, BELGIUM, useless internal

community
condom

What the worst they can do?

Shoot at us, arrest us.

They have already done their own.
Re: We Can’t Walk Freely Again — Police by authority2006(m): 8:42pm On Oct 31, 2020
Irate youths kill police, set police station ablaze in Ogun

•Our lives, family threatened by hoodlums
•We lost 23 policemen, 205 police stations burnt —IGP
•It was total anarchy— Gov
•It’s my worst nightmare —Victim
•As others count their losses

Kirchoffs the troll, can you also tell us the number and names of Lekki massacre victims here. Thunder fire your yansh
Re: We Can’t Walk Freely Again — Police by oyinkinola: 8:43pm On Oct 31, 2020
...well when Democracy gone crazy everyone pays their part price

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Another Look At 2011 Result Breakdown By Region / No More Business As Usual, Buhari Warns / Let Me Nominate Your Minister, Fayose Urges Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.