Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,112 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

Are You Really Keeping The Sabbath Holy? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are You Really Keeping The Sabbath Holy? (559 Views)

Lord Of The Sabbath-what Did Jesus Mean Here? / The Fourth Commandment: The Sabbath. / Sabbath Holy-day. A day of selfless services & doing what pleases GOD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Really Keeping The Sabbath Holy? by live4dgospel(m): 6:39pm On Oct 31, 2020
(Genesis 2:1-3)

“Thus the heavens and the earth, and all the host of them, were finished. And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done. Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made.”

God worked on His creation until the sixth day, and after having completed it all, He rested on the seventh day. He rested because He had fulfilled everything He had wished. So, He blessed this day and sanctified it. When the day’s work is all done we also rest in peace in the evening. Likewise, God rested after making the whole universe and mankind, because He had fulfilled all His plans.
Did God really complete everything on the seventh day and then rested? Yes. Our God completed everything in His plan through Jesus Christ. God also fulfilled our salvation in Jesus Christ. When the Bible tells us here that God rested, it means that He accomplished everything in His plan. Therefore, the biblical concept of keeping the Sabbath means enjoying rest in our hearts, which accrues from believing that the Lord has blotted out all our sins and completed our salvation.

To enjoy rest in our hearts, there must firstly be no sin in our hearts. To achieve this we should believe that Jesus Christ has blotted out all our sins with the gospel of the water and the Spirit(John 3:5). In other words, our hearts find rest by believing that all our hearts’ sins were passed onto Jesus Christ when He was baptized, and that He bore the punishment of our sins by dying on the Cross. Rest refers to the condition where our hearts have been sanctified, received God’s blessings and found peace.
The Bible reveals God’s spiritual realm through the affairs in the visible world. So today’s Scripture passage cannot be understood if viewed only from the carnal point of view. Put differently, to interpret the Bible in carnal terms will surely bring our ruin. The Bible says, "The letter kills, but the Spirit gives life” (2 Corinthians 3:6). This passage means that if one interprets the Bible only literally by its letter, then he will reach spiritual death.

For the Jewish people, the Sabbath lasts from the sunset on Friday to the sunset on Saturday. If one were to literally keep the Sabbath holy, then he must not do anything at all during these hours. Yet Jesus Himself healed people’s illnesses on the Sabbath. So the Jews at that time denounced Jesus saying, "You call yourself the Son of God, and yet how can you break the Sabbath?” To this Jesus replied, "The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath,”[/I] and He also said, [i]“The Son of Man is also Lord of the Sabbath” (Mark 2:28). In other words, when we compare the Old Testament with the New Testament, it is not by keeping some dates that we are blessed. And just because one does not do anything on the Lord’s Day, this does not mean that he is keeping the Sabbath faithfully.

When the Bible says, “On the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done. Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it,” it means, because of the blessing of salvation God has bestowed upon us, we have now come to find rest in our hearts. It is telling us that God has given us the true Sabbath by granting us the remission of sins. God’s real intention in establishing the Sabbath was to command us to believe in the Truth that the Lord has blotted out all our sins with the gospel of the water and the Spirit, and that He has brought true rest to His believers; however the problem is that legalists are still insisting on the exact day and hours of the Sabbath even today, going as far as not selling or buying anything during its hours to keep the Sabbath with all their efforts. That is why the Lord rebuked them sternly saying, “Blind guides, who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel!” (Matthew 23:24)
The Pharisees are the blind guides who are busy following the carnal interpretation of the Word of God, throwing away the spiritual meaning. But is it okay to strain out a gnat and swallow a camel? No, it’s not right to just pick on every minute detail over small affairs, while dismissing in the great providence of God in its entirety, which is what really matters. However, the Christian legalists ignore this gospel of the remission of sin, the great Truth of being born again and becoming God’s children, in its entirety. And they only emphasize, “Let’s live virtuously and uprightly.”

If mankind were to keep the Sabbath by its exact day and hours, could anyone really keep it holy to perfection? Can anyone truly do no work and commit no sin whatsoever on the Sabbath, and spend the whole day keeping his heart and body holy? No, it’s truly impossible. Did God tell us to keep the Sabbath like this? No, the real meaning of the Sabbath is a call for us to believe that God has remitted away all our sins. God had planned everything in Jesus Christ before He created the heavens and the earth. Since God had planned to remit all our sins, and He has actually fulfilled this plan in Jesus Christ, everyone’s sins have already disappeared in God’s eyes. To know this and to believe in it, and to receive the remission of sins, and to keep this faith in our hearts—that is exactly what God meant when He told us to keep the Sabbath. Having giving us the perfect rest through the gospel of the water and the Spirit, God is now telling us to maintain our life of faith and keep our soul holy till we meet Him face to face.

Re: Are You Really Keeping The Sabbath Holy? by donnie(m): 6:48pm On Oct 31, 2020
Christians always looking for how to break the Commandments. YAHUAH will not ask you to keep the Shabbat holy if he knew you couldn't do it.

The same place he said "Do not commit adultery" he said, "remember the Shabbat, keep it holy.

Idolaters refuse to keep the day of YAHUAH holy but will close from work on Sunday in honour of the Sun-god.

1 Like

Re: Are You Really Keeping The Sabbath Holy? by donnie(m): 6:50pm On Oct 31, 2020
That white idol you worship in the name of MESSIAH did not exist, let alone cancel YAHUAH'S commandments.

The true BLACK MESSIAH did not abolish the law, rather he FULFILLED it.
Re: Are You Really Keeping The Sabbath Holy? by live4dgospel(m): 8:25am On Nov 01, 2020
donnie:
Christians always looking for how to break the Commandments. YAHUAH will not ask you to keep the Shabbat holy if he knew you couldn't do it.

The same place he said "Do not commit adultery" he said, "remember the Shabbat, keep it holy.

Idolaters refuse to keep the day of YAHUAH holy but will close from work on Sunday in honour of the Sun-god.
I don't know whether you are a Christian?
Re: Are You Really Keeping The Sabbath Holy? by donnie(m): 8:28am On Nov 01, 2020
live4dgospel:

I don't know whether you are a Christian?

I'm an ISRAELITE by blood. Chances are that you are too. Repent and keep the Commandments, it's the only way. This is why MESSIAH died, so we can receive the Spirit and keep the Commandments. Not so we can be lawless.

1 Like

Re: Are You Really Keeping The Sabbath Holy? by live4dgospel(m): 12:50pm On Nov 01, 2020
donnie:

I'm an ISRAELITE by blood. Chances are that you are too. Repent and keep the Commandments, it's the only way. This is why MESSIAH died, so we can receive the Spirit and keep the Commandments. Not so we can be lawless.
I guess you know about the sacrificial system?

1 Like

Re: Are You Really Keeping The Sabbath Holy? by donnie(m): 1:26pm On Nov 01, 2020
live4dgospel:

I guess you know about the sacrificial system?

What about that? The sin sacrifice is what MESSIAH fulfilled. He was our (ISRAEL'S) sin sacrifice. That is how he fulfilled the law.
Re: Are You Really Keeping The Sabbath Holy? by live4dgospel(m): 6:49am On Nov 08, 2020
donnie:

What about that? The sin sacrifice is what MESSIAH fulfilled. He was our (ISRAEL'S) sin sacrifice. That is how he fulfilled the law.
Tell me a little about it.

1 Like

Re: Are You Really Keeping The Sabbath Holy? by donnie(m): 7:17am On Nov 08, 2020
live4dgospel:

Tell me a little about it.
Acts 3:18
But those things which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his Prophets, that Christ should suffer, hee hath so fulfilled.

It was the suffering as ISRAEL'S lamb of sacrifice that he fulfilled. He did not do away with the laws or commandments as Christians teach.
Re: Are You Really Keeping The Sabbath Holy? by live4dgospel(m): 8:11am On Nov 08, 2020
donnie:

Acts 3:18
But those things which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his Prophets, that Christ should suffer, hee hath so fulfilled.

It was the suffering as ISRAEL'S lamb of sacrifice that he fulfilled. He did not do away with the laws or commandments as Christians teach.

What do you mean by "away with"? In a simple terms Christ fulfilled the righteous requirements of the law, that is He made us righteous knowing that none of us can righteous by keeping the law since we can keep the law perfectly.

Galatians 2: 21 "I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain.”

1 Like

Re: Are You Really Keeping The Sabbath Holy? by donnie(m): 8:42am On Nov 08, 2020
live4dgospel:

What do you mean by "away with"? In a simple terms Christ fulfilled the righteous requirements of the law, that is He made us righteous knowing that none of us can righteous by keeping the law since we can keep the law perfectly.

Galatians 2: 21 "I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain.”

You have answered your own question with that scrpiture you quoted out of context as is common with Christians. The context is that Paul was teaching against compelling gentiles to live like the Israelites. They were not given the law. ISREAL was given the law and there's always a punishment for breaking it. And just for the records, we below the SARAH-HARAN (Sahara) desert are ISOLELE (ISRAEL), the chosen people of YAH.

So you're saying we can steal, kill, commit adultery and Idolatory because Christ has died and we are righteous without the law, HalleluYAH!? undecided

Christ died because you couldn't keep it, so now that he has died, and you have received the Spirit (supposedly) you still can't keep it

Kindly explain these scriptures...

Ezekiel 36:26-27
A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.

That is the purpose of the work of salvation and the Spirit. That we might be able to keep his laws, statutes and commandments and that we might be delivered from our enemies.

Romans 3:31
Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You Really Keeping The Sabbath Holy? by live4dgospel(m): 11:47am On Nov 08, 2020
donnie:

You have answered your own question with that scrpiture you quoted out of context as is common with Christians. The context is that Paul was teaching against compelling gentiles to live like the Israelites. They were not given the law. ISREAL was given the law and there's always a punishment for breaking it. And just for the records, we below the SARAH-HARAN (Sahara) desert are ISOLELE (ISRAEL), the chosen people of YAH.

So you're saying we can steal, kill, commit adultery and Idolatory because Christ has died and we are righteous without the law, HalleluYAH!? undecided

Christ died because you couldn't keep it, so now that he has died, and you have received the Spirit (supposedly) you still can't keep it

Kindly explain these scriptures...

Ezekiel 36:26-27
A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.

That is the purpose of the work of salvation and the Spirit. That we might be able to keep his laws, statutes and commandments and that we might be delivered from our enemies.

Romans 3:31
Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

I will just ask you one question "Have you been able to keep the law?"

1 Like

Re: Are You Really Keeping The Sabbath Holy? by donnie(m): 12:18pm On Nov 08, 2020
live4dgospel:

I will just ask you one question "Have you been able to keep the law?"

Why not.. are the commandments not for us to keep? I keep to the best of his grace and ability at work in me. And when I am corrected or reproved, I REPENT. I don't start looking for scriptures to quote to defend lawlessness.

Let me ask you one question. So you are lawless?

1 Like

Re: Are You Really Keeping The Sabbath Holy? by live4dgospel(m): 11:57am On Nov 10, 2020
donnie:

Why not.. are the commandments not for us to keep? I keep to the best of his grace and ability at work in me. And when I am corrected or reproved, I REPENT. I don't start looking for scriptures to quote to defend lawlessness.

Let me ask you one question. So you are lawless?

From your words, I see that you are not actually keeping the law (perhaps you don't know what it means to keep the law). You fail and repent and unfortunately you will continue to break the law and repent till you lie in your deathbed. You would better seek to be justified by the faith as the Scripture demands rather than trying to keep the law. The law was not given for us to keep it.
The purpose of the law is for us to realize our sinful nature by looking at it. It is like a mirror that reflects our sins.

Carefully ponder on this verses:

Romans 3:20 "Therefore by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight, for by the law is the knowledge of sin."

"for by the law is the knowledge of sin"
The law is a mirror that tells about our sins.

Galatians 3:21 "Is the law then against the promises of God? Certainly not! For if there had been a law given which could have given life, truly righteousness would have been by the law."

Romans 3:28 "Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the law."

In verse 31 "Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law."

"On the contrary, we establish the law", have you established the law? You have established the law if you have kept the law to perfection from your womb till now. Ponder on it for a while, can you establish the law when you fail to keep it? You can only establish the law by receiving the righteousness of God through faith or by keeping the law perfectly(if you can), there is no other way whatsoever to establish the law.

Do you still insist on getting life through the law?
Re: Are You Really Keeping The Sabbath Holy? by donnie(m): 1:13pm On Nov 10, 2020
live4dgospel:

From your words, I see that you are not actually keeping the law (perhaps you don't know what it means to keep the law). You fail and repent and unfortunately you will continue to break the law and repent till you lie in your deathbed. You would better seek to be justified by the faith as the Scripture demands rather than trying to keep the law. The law was not given for us to keep it.
The purpose of the law is for us to realize our sinful nature by looking at it. It is like a mirror that reflects our sins.

Carefully ponder on this verses:

Romans 3:20 "Therefore by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight, for by the law is the knowledge of sin."

"for by the law is the knowledge of sin"
The law is a mirror that tells about our sins.

Galatians 3:21 "Is the law then against the promises of God? Certainly not! For if there had been a law given which could have given life, truly righteousness would have been by the law."

Romans 3:28 "Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the law."

In verse 31 "Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law."

"On the contrary, we establish the law", have you established the law? You have established the law if you have kept the law to perfection from your womb till now. Ponder on it for a while, can you establish the law when you fail to keep it? You can only establish the law by receiving the righteousness of God through faith or by keeping the law perfectly(if you can), there is no other way whatsoever to establish the law.

Do you still insist on getting life through the law?

NO WONDER you lawless Christians are as blind as bats. And what is wrong with repenting as many times as is necessary? Mind you, REPENTANCE and asking for forgiveness are not one and the same thing.

So you Christians do not preach repentance because for you, just believe that a white man died for you and HalleluYAH you are saved. Such idiocy! Don't worry, the judgements that you have started seeing will begin to locate false teachers deceiving YAH'S people. At least you have heard the truth now.

He said WE ESTABLISH THE LAW period. We will not allow that your useless "WOF" doctrine smeared on the truth. Listen, when you talk to me, don't bring that useless Kenneth Hagin or E.W. Kenyon theology, so I don't disgrace you here. Salvation and forgiveness of sins is not for gentiles or the seed of serpent but for ISOLELE (ISREAL).

He said WE ESTABLISH THE LAW. We don't need gentile teachers to interpret nonsnese. My people wrote the scriptures, not oyinbo. When we interpret scripture we study it in its cultural and Spiritual context.

MESSIAH the author of life was a Bantu, my brother. He was a teacher of the law, so don't teach me nonsnese. He did not give you life so you can become a demon, a wicked soul having eternal life. He gave us life so we can live and keep his commandments naturally. The wicked will always twist the scriptures to support their ways.

That's why you pick, choose and twist the letters of Paul. Just like my Bantu brother Keyfa said...

2 Peter 3:15-16
And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Like Keyfa I say to you REPENT and you shall receive the real Holy Spirit.

Acts 2:38
Then Peter said unto them, REPENT, and be baptized every one of you in the name of YAHUSHA HAMASHIAH for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Re: Are You Really Keeping The Sabbath Holy? by live4dgospel(m): 6:47pm On Nov 10, 2020
donnie:

NO WONDER you lawless Christians are as blind as bats. And what is wrong with repenting as many times as is necessary? Mind you, REPENTANCE and asking for forgiveness are not one and the same thing.

So you Christians do not preach repentance because for you, just believe that a white man died for you and HalleluYAH you are saved. Such idiocy! Don't worry, the judgements that you have started seeing will begin to locate false teachers deceiving YAH'S people. At least you have heard the truth now.

He said WE ESTABLISH THE LAW period. We will not allow that your useless "WOF" doctrine smeared on the truth. Listen, when you talk to me, don't bring that useless Kenneth Hagin or E.W. Kenyon theology, so I don't disgrace you here. Salvation and forgiveness of sins is not for gentiles or the seed of serpent but for ISOLELE (ISREAL).

He said WE ESTABLISH THE LAW. We don't need gentile teachers to interpret nonsnese. My people wrote the scriptures, not oyinbo. When we interpret scripture we study it in its cultural and Spiritual context.

MESSIAH the author of life was a Bantu, my brother. He was a teacher of the law, so don't teach me nonsnese. He did not give you life so you can become a demon, a wicked soul having eternal life. He gave us life so we can live and keep his commandments naturally. The wicked will always twist the scriptures to support their ways.

That's why you pick, choose and twist the letters of Paul. Just like my Bantu brother Keyfa said...

2 Peter 3:15-16
And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Like Keyfa I say to you REPENT and you shall receive the real Holy Spirit.

Acts 2:38
Then Peter said unto them, REPENT, and be baptized every one of you in the name of YAHUSHA HAMASHIAH for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

I would have wanted you to counter with me Word of God but you couldn't but resorted to vain talks. I hereby leave you here.
Re: Are You Really Keeping The Sabbath Holy? by donnie(m): 6:58pm On Nov 10, 2020
live4dgospel:

I would have wanted you to counter with me Word of God but you couldn't but resorted to vain talks. I hereby leave you here.

There is nothing to counter since the very scriptures you quoted out of context indict you. No one who disregards YAHUAH'S commandments can claim to have or be the righteousness of YAH. I don't care the lies your pastor told you.

Are 2Peter 3:15-16 and Acts 2:38 the words of Satan? You can leave before I tear what is remaining of your false doctrines to pieces.
Re: Are You Really Keeping The Sabbath Holy? by live4dgospel(m): 9:45am On Nov 15, 2020
For those who believe in the gospel of the water and the Spirit, keeping the Sabbath means defending the gospel till the end.

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Benny Hinn Always Wearing Black And Red Themed Clothes / He Burnt The Chief Priest Shrine And Python Started Chasing Him ( Video) / Oyo Fallen Tree Is Back In Its Place

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.