Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,572 members, 7,958,768 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:16 PM

I Have Problem With My Radiator Fan. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Have Problem With My Radiator Fan. (764 Views)

Wohala After Washing My Radiator And Condenser. / My Radiator Reservoir Gets Empty Quickly / Help!!! My Radiator Fans Are Not Working & Engine Overheating -toyota Camry 2007 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Problem With My Radiator Fan. by afesco: 6:58pm On Oct 31, 2020
I noticed dt d radiiator fan of my 2006 bank type Toyota Corolla runs further for like 1 minute after i turn off d ignition .
Re: I Have Problem With My Radiator Fan. by cluewebhost(m): 7:06pm On Oct 31, 2020
afesco:
I noticed dt d radiiator fan of my 2006 bank type Toyota Corolla runs further for like 1 minute after i turn off d ignition .

In some cars it happens when the engine gets really hot.

But does it start when you turn on ignition?
Re: I Have Problem With My Radiator Fan. by afesco: 7:33pm On Oct 31, 2020
cluewebhost:

In some cars it happens when the engine gets really hot.

But does it start when you turn on ignition?
Yes it does
Re: I Have Problem With My Radiator Fan. by diportivo: 11:00pm On Oct 31, 2020
afesco:

it's impossible for the fan to run for a minute after u switch off the ignition

few seconds maybe.....and dats cos the fan is direct
Re: I Have Problem With My Radiator Fan. by afesco: 11:02pm On Oct 31, 2020
diportivo:

it's impossible for the fan to run for a minute after u switch off the ignition

few seconds maybe.....and dats cos the fan is direct
Pls what effect does it have if d fan is connected direct?
Re: I Have Problem With My Radiator Fan. by 9icetoo(m): 8:30am On Nov 01, 2020
afesco:
Pls what effect does it have if d fan is connected direct?
1. You will change fans moe often.
2. It will drain your battery leading to shorter battery life span leading to frequent battery changes
3. It will strain your alternator too requiring frequent alternator replacements
4. Your engine will run cooler assuming your thermostat has been removed.
5. This will lead to increased fuel consumption
6. Increase in engine wear as excess fuel dumped in by the ecu leads to additional wear on your cylinder walls due to reduced lubrication
7. Increase in sludge formation as a result of 4,5 and 6 above
8. Blue smoke from your exhaust when 4,5,6 and 7 eventually take hold.
8. You will then change or have to overhaul the engine.

It's a slow and painful death for your engine caused by running your fan direct and removing the thermostat.

If the thermostat is still there, you will probably only have to live with 1,2 and 3. Probably in quote.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Problem With My Radiator Fan. by afesco: 9:13am On Nov 01, 2020
9icetoo:

2. It will drain your battery leading to shorter battery life span leading to frequent battery changes
3. It will strain your alternator too requiring frequent alternator replacements
6. Increase in engine wear as excess fuel dumped in by the ecu leads to additional wear on your cylinder walls due to reduced lubrication

It's a slow and painful death for your engine caused by running your fan direct and removing the thermostat.

If the thermostat is still there, you will probably only have to live with 1,2 and 3. Probably in quote.
Thanks n i will tell my auto electrician to connect it d other way
Re: I Have Problem With My Radiator Fan. by 9icetoo(m): 12:39pm On Nov 01, 2020
afesco:
Thanks n i will tell my auto electrician to connect it d other way
You are welcome. Although part sellers in ladipo won't be happy. cheesy
Re: I Have Problem With My Radiator Fan. by proclinician: 1:44pm On Nov 01, 2020
9icetoo:

Stupid mechanics and electricians are advising that I should connect my fan direct. Incompetence everywhere. Thanks for the info. I tell them my car must remain in factory state. Oyibo put thermostat and you yourself a retardedd fvcktard wants to remove it because of what?

1 Like

Re: I Have Problem With My Radiator Fan. by Elsueno: 1:08pm On Nov 02, 2020
Tropicalize now, Nigeria is too hot for those cars cheesy

Anyways try and use coolant instead of water when or if you decide to restore to factory

(1) (Reply)

Car AC Issue - Pls Assist / Neatly Used Nigerian Toyota Corolla Bank Type For Sale / Please, Recommend A Reliable Car For First Time Driver.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.