Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,855 members, 7,813,911 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:22 PM

Ghanaian President Berated For Commissioning 'coal Pots' As Projects - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ghanaian President Berated For Commissioning 'coal Pots' As Projects (1306 Views)

Germany To Use Firewood, Coal If Russia Cuts Off Gas Supply / What Ghanaian President Akufo-Addo Posted As Achievement On His Facebook Page / Russia Is Reportedly Trying To Get Trump Re-elected, And The President ‘berated’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghanaian President Berated For Commissioning 'coal Pots' As Projects by christejames(m): 8:59pm On Oct 31, 2020
I was saddened and shocked - Muntaka reacts to Akufo-Addo commissioning of 'coal pot'

President Akufo-Addo launched the distribution of 500,000 improved cookstoves project

Sat, 31 Oct 2020 Source: My News GH

Member of Parliament (MP) for Asawase Constituency in the Ashanti Region Alhaji Mohammed Mubarak Muntaka has said it is not befitting and embarrassing for President Nana Addo Akufo-Addo to commission an ordinary “coal pot” company describing the president’s action as shocking and sad.

“I was saddened and shocked when I saw that a whole president had gone to commission a coal pot; a common coal pot?” Alhaji Muntaka Mubarak Mohammed said this in an interview with Kumasi-based radio Angel FM monitored by MyNewsGH.com.

According to the legislator, he could not believe it when he first saw pictures of the president at the occasion until he later confirmed on other media outlets.

“When I saw it at first, I thought it was a photoshop so I didn’t believe it until I saw it on other online portals,” he revealed.

President Akufo-Addo this month launched a $5.5 million South Korea Government funded the Ghana Improved Cooking distribution project at Akuse in the Eastern Region.

The Project according to government will see the manufacturing and free distribution of 500,000 improved charcoal stoves in Ghana to 350,000 rural households across the country by 2021 which will benefit approximately 1.8 million Ghanaians.

President Akufo Addo also said the project will create about two hundred direct jobs. “This is expected to increase to some, one thousand (1,000) direct jobs, as we scale-up,” the President added.

However, speaking with Kwame Tanko on the show “Angel in the Morning,” Alhaji Muntaka Mohammed insisted that President Akufo-Addo’s decision to commission the project himself is just populism and smacks of embarrassment.

According to him, the NDC as political party with their leader John Mahama will never engage themselves in such shameful practice because it does not befit a president, rather an Assemblymember would be a good personality to for that job.

“This project should have been commissioned by the Assembly Member of the area and not the president,” he stressed.

He continued that, even during election of 2016 campaign, the NDC in his constituency begged the then President John Mahama to commission the Asawase market but he didn’t because he (Mahama) saw it as a minor project.

“Where will you get John Mahama to commission the E-Block, or Manhyia Hospital because we didn’t have the time to commission such minor projects,” Mr. Muntaka said.

“We never commissioned a single toilet,” he added.

Source: My News GH

https://mobile.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/I-was-saddened-and-shocked-Muntaka-reacts-to-Akufo-Addo-commissioning-of-coal-pot-1097371

Re: Ghanaian President Berated For Commissioning 'coal Pots' As Projects by Emempaul(m): 9:03pm On Oct 31, 2020
I ave been laffing my ass out. african leaders and their mediocre minds
Nonsense and ingredients

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian President Berated For Commissioning 'coal Pots' As Projects by Shortyy(f): 9:09pm On Oct 31, 2020
Pathetic

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian President Berated For Commissioning 'coal Pots' As Projects by Asquare84(m): 9:11pm On Oct 31, 2020
This is really funny

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian President Berated For Commissioning 'coal Pots' As Projects by LikeAking: 9:16pm On Oct 31, 2020
Youths must rule over Africa,these African old men are too primitive.

Dey are outdated,clueless,corrupt and empty headed.

Bunch of alpha illiterates.

2 Likes

Re: Ghanaian President Berated For Commissioning 'coal Pots' As Projects by Lawdis(m): 9:22pm On Oct 31, 2020
....African leaders please when shall you buy sense?

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian President Berated For Commissioning 'coal Pots' As Projects by Nukilia: 9:24pm On Oct 31, 2020
Another criminal mind! Ghanaians should please do away with this mediocre and restore their nation back to a path of glory. Vote JDM a man with a difference

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian President Berated For Commissioning 'coal Pots' As Projects by Noisyrians: 9:26pm On Oct 31, 2020
how is this any of your fvcking business? you left nigeria, with all its problems, to go and bring stvpid news from Ghana? What happens in Ghana, stays in Ghana. busybody! grin

christejames:
I was saddened and shocked - Muntaka reacts to Akufo-Addo commissioning of 'coal pot'

President Akufo-Addo launched the distribution of 500,000 improved cookstoves project

Member of Parliament (MP) for Asawase Constituency in the Ashanti Region Alhaji Mohammed Mubarak Muntaka has said it is not befitting and embarrassing for President Nana Addo Akufo-Addo to commission an ordinary “coal pot” company describing the president’s action as shocking and sad.

“I was saddened and shocked when I saw that a whole president had gone to commission a coal pot; a common coal pot?” Alhaji Muntaka Mubarak Mohammed said this in an interview with Kumasi-based radio Angel FM monitored by MyNewsGH.com.

According to the legislator, he could not believe it when he first saw pictures of the president at the occasion until he later confirmed on other media outlets.

“When I saw it at first, I thought it was a photoshop so I didn’t believe it until I saw it on other online portals,” he revealed.

President Akufo-Addo this month launched a $5.5 million South Korea Government funded the Ghana Improved Cooking distribution project at Akuse in the Eastern Region.

The Project according to government will see the manufacturing and free distribution of 500,000 improved charcoal stoves in Ghana to 350,000 rural households across the country by 2021 which will benefit approximately 1.8 million Ghanaians.

President Akufo Addo also said the project will create about two hundred direct jobs. “This is expected to increase to some, one thousand (1,000) direct jobs, as we scale-up,” the President added.

However, speaking with Kwame Tanko on the show “Angel in the Morning,” Alhaji Muntaka Mohammed insisted that President Akufo-Addo’s decision to commission the project himself is just populism and smacks of embarrassment.

According to him, the NDC as political party with their leader John Mahama will never engage themselves in such shameful practice because it does not befit a president, rather an Assemblymember would be a good personality to for that job.

“This project should have been commissioned by the Assembly Member of the area and not the president,” he stressed.

He continued that, even during election of 2016 campaign, the NDC in his constituency begged the then President John Mahama to commission the Asawase market but he didn’t because he (Mahama) saw it as a minor project.

“Where will you get John Mahama to commission the E-Block, or Manhyia Hospital because we didn’t have the time to commission such minor projects,” Mr. Muntaka said.

https://mobile.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/I-was-saddened-and-shocked-Muntaka-reacts-to-Akufo-Addo-commissioning-of-coal-pot-1097371
Re: Ghanaian President Berated For Commissioning 'coal Pots' As Projects by Noisyrians: 9:29pm On Oct 31, 2020
ghana is doing great, compared with the zoo called nigeria cool for God's sake, the man commissioned a project, he didn't kill anybody. or did he? abeg, why are nigerians such hipocrites? damn fvkcing hipocrites. FYI JDM is a criminal who belongs to jail.

Nukilia:
Another criminal mind! Ghanaians should please do away with this mediocre and restore their nation back to a path of glory. Vote JDM a man with a difference
Re: Ghanaian President Berated For Commissioning 'coal Pots' As Projects by dejiolaniyan(m): 9:31pm On Oct 31, 2020
Cavemen ruling Africa continent
Re: Ghanaian President Berated For Commissioning 'coal Pots' As Projects by Nukilia: 9:33pm On Oct 31, 2020
Noisyrians:
ghana is doing great, compared with the zoo called nigeria cool for God's sake, the man commissioned a project, he didn't kill anybody. or did he? abeg, why are nigerians such hipocrites? damn fvkcing hipocrites. FYI JDM is a criminal who belongs to jail.

You must be out of touch with reality #DelusionMode
JDM supported the growth of GH economy by investing in landmark projects. NAA promised one village one dam grin grin grin What a con man

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian President Berated For Commissioning 'coal Pots' As Projects by Noisyrians: 9:36pm On Oct 31, 2020
shut up! Ghanaians are proud of their president. He is growing their economy, creating jobs and giving Ghanaian children quality education for free.

what has your own president down for your own people? nigerians what is your business with how Ghanaians run their country?

i recall when during the recent crisis in nigeria, and the President of Ghana urged peace, see how these stvpid nigerians were insulting him, for talking abut what was happening in their country. so, what is your fvcking business with how Ghanaians run their country? fuelish talk

Emempaul:
I ave been laffing my ass out. african leaders and their mediocre minds

Nonsense and ingredients
Re: Ghanaian President Berated For Commissioning 'coal Pots' As Projects by Noisyrians: 9:38pm On Oct 31, 2020
rubbish talk! JDM will be disgraced again. JDM should be in jail by now. He is just a thief, a big thief. He is lucky I am not the president of Ghana

[s]
Nukilia:

You must be out of touch with reality #DelusionMode
JDM supported the growth of GH economy by investing in landmark projects. NAA promised one village one dam grin grin grin What a con man
[/s]
Re: Ghanaian President Berated For Commissioning 'coal Pots' As Projects by Noisyrians: 9:45pm On Oct 31, 2020
nigerians looking for an opportunity to insult Ghana and Ghanaians, well, I am sorry to disappoint you mudder fuggerz. Ghana is doing great. the Ghanaian economy is growing sweetly. Yes, covid -19 has slowed things a bit, but the Ghanaian economy is not in recession ,as it is in nigeria, grin

jobs are being created, inflation is stable, and the Ghanaian government is giving Ghanaian children free education, plus free meals, uniforms, feeding etc grin is the nigerian government doing anything like this for its people? Ghanaians have enjoyed free water and 50% of electricity cost for months. Is the nigerian government doing anything like that for its citizens?

and yet you all come here and talk nonsense about Ghana and its government? very stvpid and hypocritical people.
Re: Ghanaian President Berated For Commissioning 'coal Pots' As Projects by Noisyrians: 9:46pm On Oct 31, 2020
[s]
christejames:

[/s]
Re: Ghanaian President Berated For Commissioning 'coal Pots' As Projects by Nukilia: 9:58pm On Oct 31, 2020
Noisyrians:
rubbish talk! JDM will be disgraced again. JDM should be in jail by now. He is just a thief, a big thief. He is lucky I am not the president of Ghana [s][/s]

A JDM who brought emergency power barges with states money when the NPP sabotaged the Electricity in GH.
A JDM who built over 60 E-Blocks when the NPP opportunists were waiting to do free SHS without adding any more block
A JDM who used state money in building standard hospitals in GH while NAA is yet to build a single on
A JDM who built ultramodern markets for the people of GH ...

Unfortunate folks like you belong to the trash. Enjoy your 1V1D cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Ghanaian President Berated For Commissioning 'coal Pots' As Projects by Nukilia: 10:01pm On Oct 31, 2020
Noisyrians:
[s]nigerians looking for an opportunity to insult Ghana and Ghanaians, well, I am sorry to disappoint you mudder fuggerz. Ghana is doing great. the Ghanaian economy is growing sweetly. Yes, covid -19 has slowed things a bit, but the Ghanaian economy is not in recession ,as it is in nigeria, grin

jobs are being created, inflation is stable, and the Ghanaian government is giving Ghanaian children free education, plus free meals, uniforms, feeding etc grin is the nigerian government doing anything like this for its people? Ghanaians have enjoyed free water and 50% of electricity cost for months. Is the nigerian government doing anything like that for its citizens?[/s]

[s]and yet you all come here and talk nonsense about Ghana and its government? very stvpid and hypocritical people[/s].
Re: Ghanaian President Berated For Commissioning 'coal Pots' As Projects by Noisyrians: 12:17am On Nov 01, 2020
you are talking like a stvpid fool cool

[s]
Nukilia:

A JDM who brought emergency power barges with states money when the NPP sabotaged the Electricity in GH.
A JDM who built over 60 E-Blocks when the NPP opportunists were waiting to do free SHS without adding any more block
A JDM who used state money in building standard hospitals in GH while NAA is yet to build a single on
A JDM who built ultramodern markets for the people of GH ...

Unfortunate folks like you belong to the trash. Enjoy your 1V1D cheesy cheesy cheesy
[/s]
Re: Ghanaian President Berated For Commissioning 'coal Pots' As Projects by ijeawele23635: 6:06am On Nov 01, 2020
:You must be out of touch with reality #DelusionModeJDM supported the growth of GH economy by investing in landmark projects. NAA promised one village one dam What a con man
Re: Ghanaian President Berated For Commissioning 'coal Pots' As Projects by BlackfireX: 6:18am On Nov 01, 2020
No matter the media washing of Ghana... Ghana is still dark in mentality like the pot, commissioned by there unpresident president.
Re: Ghanaian President Berated For Commissioning 'coal Pots' As Projects by Noisyrians: 2:44pm On Nov 01, 2020
And nigeria is as stvpid and f000lish as ever. The poverty capital of the world where people are kidnapped for a ransom of @ bottle of coke and gala. nigeria is not even fit to polish Ghana’s shoes. Fuckeduppedness

BlackfireX:
No matter the media washing of Ghana... Ghana is still dark in mentality like the pot, commissioned by there unpresident president.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghanaian President Berated For Commissioning 'coal Pots' As Projects by Emempaul(m): 7:08pm On Nov 01, 2020
Noisyrians:
shut up! Ghanaians are proud of their president. He is growing their economy, creating jobs and giving Ghanaian children quality education for free.

what has your own president down for your own people? nigerians what is your business with how Ghanaians run their country?

i recall when during the recent crisis in nigeria, and the President of Ghana urged peace, see how these stvpid nigerians were insulting him, for talking abut what was happening in their country. so, what is your fvcking business with how Ghanaians run their country? fuelish talk

see me see trouble oooo. which one come be dis juguno again. Weytin come concern me with your stupidity abi I no fit come and go and comment in piss again?

Shooo!!!! the man commission ikoko irin as project,, I clap for am weytin come be your own

after all we don see as person commission pit latrine as constituency project even one get mind commission pako bridge and we clap hands for them saying they are working meanwhile they appropriate billions for this stupid so called project.

your president is commissioning COOKING POTS!!! BLOODY COOKING POTS!!! and you come here spill trash that you government is creating jobs and boosting your economy and giving free education to school children

Until we realized that in africa

free education is a right not a previledge
good roads are a right
accountability is must

we will remain forever backwards

Well he shud commission the firewood used for it cooking too so that we know say him done try na

Arrant rubbish

Sha I blame buhari for bringing our country's level down to its lowest ebb so much so that instead of respect, we are greatly insulted

** modified***

no be even the pot him commission sef na company were dey make local charcoal stove him go commission.

Haaaa !!!!!

it is finished.

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian President Berated For Commissioning 'coal Pots' As Projects by Noisyrians: 7:22pm On Nov 01, 2020
Sharaaap! Nonsense! My President is commissioning bloody cooking pots, so what? How is that your fvcking business? You get sense so? How is the President of Ghana commissioning anything your damn fvcking business? Tell me, how is that your damn fvcking business?

Shouting and poking your useless nose into things that don’t concern you. Arrant nonsense!

Emempaul:

see me see trouble oooo. which one come be dis juguno again. Weytin come concern me with your stupidity abi I no fit come and go and comment in piss again?

Shooo!!!! the man commission ikoko irin as project,, I clap for am weytin come be your own

after all we don see as person commission pit latrine as constituency project even one get mind commission pako bridge and we clap hands for them saying they are working meanwhile they appropriate billions for this stupid so called project.

your president is commissioning COOKING POTS!!! BLOODY COOKING POTS!!! and you come here spill trash that you government is creating jobs and boosting your economy.

Well he commission the firewood used for it cooking too so that we know say him done try na

Arrant rubbish

Sha I blame buhari for bringing our country's level down to its lowest ebb so much so that instead of respect, we are greatly insulted

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghanaian President Berated For Commissioning 'coal Pots' As Projects by BlackfireX: 8:53am On Nov 02, 2020
Noisyrians:
And nigeria is as stvpid and f000lish as ever. The poverty capital of the world where people are kidnapped for a ransom of @ bottle of coke and gala. nigeria is not even fit to polish Ghana’s shoes. Fuckeduppedness

Charlie.. If Nigeria collect the money small ghana is owing her ehhhh..

You are owing for electricity, satellite and prayers grin
Re: Ghanaian President Berated For Commissioning 'coal Pots' As Projects by Wizzzzmike: 9:03am On Nov 02, 2020
BlackfireX:

Don't be stupid owning what electricity lol.... electricity you don't have lol... When you smoke generator fume you talk stupid

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian President Berated For Commissioning 'coal Pots' As Projects by BlackfireX: 9:32am On Nov 02, 2020
Wizzzzmike:

Don't be stupid owning what electricity lol.... electricity you don't have lol... When you smoke generator fume you talk stupid

Ungrateful, jealous Charlie grin
Re: Ghanaian President Berated For Commissioning 'coal Pots' As Projects by Noisyrians: 10:41am On Nov 02, 2020
What is this edi0t saying?

BlackfireX:

Re: Ghanaian President Berated For Commissioning 'coal Pots' As Projects by BlackfireX: 10:57am On Nov 02, 2020
Noisyrians:
What is this edi0t saying?

That ghana is owing Nigeria money for satellite and electricity and prayers. grin

Or you want me to write it with black charcoal
Re: Ghanaian President Berated For Commissioning 'coal Pots' As Projects by Noisyrians: 12:08pm On Nov 02, 2020
Which electricity? Do you have electricity in your shiithole zoo? grin how many hours of electricity daily do you get in your country? grin

Actually Ghana has excess electricity that we can supply to your country, to alleviate the insane scarcity of electricity in that zoo grin Ghana does not need electricity from anywhere because Ghana is currently producing more electricity than the country needs.

Satellite? Which satellite?

Prayers? Which prayers? Nigeria actually all the prayers it can get. There is too much suffering in that sh1thole grin

BlackfireX:

That ghana is owing Nigeria money for satellite and electricity and prayers. grin

Or you want me to write it with black charcoal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghanaian President Berated For Commissioning 'coal Pots' As Projects by Wizzzzmike: 1:16pm On Nov 02, 2020
BlackfireX:

Ungrateful, jealous Charlie grin

Lol look how you sound stupid.... jealous of what giving our electricity you don't have ur sick dude get help
Re: Ghanaian President Berated For Commissioning 'coal Pots' As Projects by BlackfireX: 1:17pm On Nov 02, 2020
Noisyrians:
Which electricity? Do you have electricity in your shiithole zoo? grin how many hours of electricity daily do you get in your country? grin

Actually Ghana has excess electricity that we can supply to your country, to alleviate the insane scarcity of electricity in that zoo grin Ghana does not need electricity from anywhere because Ghana is currently producing more electricity than the country needs.

Satellite? Which satellite?

Prayers? Which prayers? Nigeria actually all the prayers it can get. There is too much suffering in that sh1thole grin

Charlie what are you saying??
Re: Ghanaian President Berated For Commissioning 'coal Pots' As Projects by BlackfireX: 1:22pm On Nov 02, 2020
Wizzzzmike:

Lol look how you sound stupid.... jealous of what giving our electricity you don't have ur sick dude get help

Small ghana that is not up to Anambra state in Nigeria, when animal.that have horns are called ,they are not talking about snail..

Nigeria in her worst state is better than south Africa and ghana combined...

You see that border Charlie, is locked until further notice...

(1) (2) (Reply)

For Africa To Progress, We Must Let Go Of The Berlin Maps. / France Is Burning | A Civil War Is At The Door In France / What Happens On The Onome Rig At Cms Bus Stop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.