Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,534 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

Sean Connery: James Bond Actor Dies Aged 90 - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Sean Connery: James Bond Actor Dies Aged 90 (391 Views)

Rich Oganiru Is Dead! Nollywood Actor Dies (Photos) / Sean Connery Is Dead! James Bond Actor Dies At 90 / Chike Osuji Is Dead! Actor Dies Of Kidney Problems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sean Connery: James Bond Actor Dies Aged 90 by fakazagodsnow1: 9:47pm On Oct 31, 2020
Highlights of Sir Sean Connery’s acting career

Sir Sean Connery has died at the age of 90, his family has said.

The Scottish actor was best known for his portrayal of James Bond, being the first to bring the role to the big screen and appearing in seven of the spy thrillers.

Sir Sean died peacefully in his sleep in the Bahamas, having been “unwell for some time”, his son said.

His acting career spanned five decades and he won an Oscar in 1988 for his role in The Untouchables.

Sir Sean’s other films included The Hunt for Red October, Highlander, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and The Rock.

Obituary: Sir Sean Connery
Sir Sean Connery’s career in pictures

Jason Connery said his father “had many of his family, who could be in the Bahamas, around him” when he died overnight in Nassau. Much of the Bond film Thunderball had been filmed there.

He said: “We are all working at understanding this huge event as it only happened so recently, even though my dad has been unwell for some time.

“A sad day for all who knew and loved my dad and a sad loss for all people around the world who enjoyed the wonderful gift he had as an actor.”

His publicist Nancy Seltzer said: “There will be a private ceremony followed by a memorial yet to be planned once the virus has ended.”

He leaves his wife Micheline and sons Jason and Stephane.
Sir Sean Conneryimage copyrightReuters
image captionDaniel Craig said Sir Sean defined an era

Daniel Craig, the current James Bond, said Sir Sean was “one of the true greats of cinema”.

“Sir Sean Connery will be remembered as Bond and so much more,” he said.

“He defined an era and a style. The wit and charm he portrayed on screen could be measured in megawatts; he helped create the modern blockbuster.

“He will continue to influence actors and film-makers alike for years to come. My thoughts are with his family and loved ones.”

In reference to Sir Sean’s love of golf, he added: “Wherever he is, I hope there is a golf course.”

Dame Shirley Bassey, who sang the themes to three Bond films including Goldfinger, paid tribute saying: “I’m incredibly saddened to hear of Sean’s passing.

“My thoughts are with his family. He was a wonderful person, a true gentleman and we will be forever connected by Bond.”
Sir Sean Connery with his Oscarimage copyrightReuters
image captionHis Oscar win came in 1988

Sir Sean, from Fountainbridge in Edinburgh, had his first major film appearance in 1957 British gangster film No Road Back.
Re: Sean Connery: James Bond Actor Dies Aged 90 by brodalikeme(m): 9:52pm On Oct 31, 2020
RIP the legendary Sean Connery, thanks for your contributions to the movie. You will be missed.
Re: Sean Connery: James Bond Actor Dies Aged 90 by Authority1o1(m): 9:55pm On Oct 31, 2020
Okay...

''Why is it that people who can't take advice always insist on giving it? "

That was an epic line from the iconic movie he starred in.The man must have lived a full life.

Connery may be dead, but the legacy he left using the role he played won't be forgotten.

Not in a hurry.

Re: Sean Connery: James Bond Actor Dies Aged 90 by Sundrus: 9:59pm On Oct 31, 2020
Chai so this legendary actor don die. E for wait small make him complete 100years. RIP Legend.

(1) (Reply)

Mercy Aigbe Causes Stir On Social Media As She Appears With Tribal Marks / Bbnaija:dorathy Celebrates Her 25th Birthday (see Photos) / A Better Time As Davido Finally Open Up His Relationship Statue With Chioma.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.