Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,614 members, 7,809,250 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:43 AM

What Is The Power Tussle In Your State Like? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Power Tussle In Your State Like? (2559 Views)

Enough Of IGP, Police Commission Power Tussle / Aso Villa Power Tussle Thwarted Abdulkarim Dauda's Promotion, Service Extension / World Power Tussle - A Game Well Played By China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Power Tussle In Your State Like? by Minsk24: 10:42am On Nov 01, 2020
Asquare84:

The current governor is from nsukka zone, that because Sullivan chime made him governor against the odd of political big wigs of nkanu zone
Okay thanks for your input
Re: What Is The Power Tussle In Your State Like? by Minsk24: 10:42am On Nov 01, 2020
How's the situation like in Imo state?
Imolites please come in....
Re: What Is The Power Tussle In Your State Like? by Nobody: 10:53am On Nov 01, 2020
DrGoodman:
Power tussle?

Have you talked about the one in Katsina state where fulani bandits are trying to kill off all the hausa land owners? I heard the death toll there is over a thousand this year alone.

That's what you guys should be talking about.
katstina is dominated by the Fulanis.
Re: What Is The Power Tussle In Your State Like? by DeejaywonDJ1(m): 11:06am On Nov 01, 2020
My state is highly homogenous and no town can boast of having the highest population of indigene because everybody is interconnected (Some families like mine have roots in 20 towns across the state, that's the reason why some "Oríkì" are similar), the only thing that vary is the dialects peculiar to each community.
Re: What Is The Power Tussle In Your State Like? by stalingraddd(m): 11:13am On Nov 01, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Omenka as a name is exclusive to Igbos and Igbos alone. I associated the name with acronymn just to show the gravity in which the name is used. I am fully aware it is someone's name and people do answer but explaining it to a total stranger like you I have to put it in lighter notes for proper understanding.

The explanation above is the reason I used such term.

As for the name everything about it is Igbo and it is exclusively an Igbo name. It will be more honourable you tell us you picked or adopted the name maybe in relation to your profession but telling us here that it is your name is a total hogwash and blatant lie.

Tour the path of honour and change the name to something else and leave igbo names for ndigbo.. Period.
It really pains me that you are an adult male and you still reason like this.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Power Tussle In Your State Like? by BigBashiru: 11:16am On Nov 01, 2020
Juliusmalema:

There is no power tussle in Anambra state and Canada.

They are all Christians and living to Christian norms of unity, peace and love as the state is a christian state.

What is obtainable there are just Political parties respecting the zoning Interest and pursuing the interest of their respective candidates.

The power tussle in the state is who will overdo good more than others and serve Jesus Christ in knowledge and truth.

What of umuleri and aguleri fight and other groups that may be fighting themselves?
Re: What Is The Power Tussle In Your State Like? by Maduawuchukwu(m): 11:23am On Nov 01, 2020
jumper524:
well we've been sidelined politically to a certain extent like only having one senator as rep and no minister nor mayor even if the constitution gives room for an indegenous minister and a mayor.
but I do tell my people to still keep calm and appreciate what we have and at the same time push for what we deserve.
since 2014 my peoples participation in politics has been on an increament..
I just hope it would take a positive step in the nearest future..

It is good your people become politically active however, political positions in Abj cannot be reserved for the indigenes alone. It is called FCT because it is the home for all Nigerians and developed by all Nigerians.
Re: What Is The Power Tussle In Your State Like? by Hotice085: 11:36am On Nov 01, 2020
Juliusmalema:

There is no power tussle in Anambra state and Canada.

They are all Christians and living to Christian norms of unity, peace and love as the state is a christian state.

What is obtainable there are just Political parties respecting the zoning Interest and pursuing the interest of their respective candidates.

The power tussle in the state is who will overdo good more than others and serve Jesus Christ in knowledge and truth.

Hypocrisy wont save you
Re: What Is The Power Tussle In Your State Like? by Nobody: 11:43am On Nov 01, 2020
BigBashiru:

What of umuleri and aguleri fight and other groups that may be fighting themselves?

When did communal fight transcend to Political fight.

Read what op wrote
Re: What Is The Power Tussle In Your State Like? by Bkayyy: 11:48am On Nov 01, 2020
BigBashiru:

LOL, this shows you are a total stranger.
The two communities you mentioned are from the same clan. They are blood brothers in fact.
As for division, I don't think Anambra has such. Just the latest zoning which I don't think is an issue, nothing much
Re: What Is The Power Tussle In Your State Like? by BigBashiru: 11:50am On Nov 01, 2020
Bkayyy:

LOL, this shows you are a total stranger.
The two communities you mentioned are from the same clan. They are blood brothers in fact

So why were they killing themselves
Re: What Is The Power Tussle In Your State Like? by BigBashiru: 11:50am On Nov 01, 2020
Juliusmalema:

When did communal fight transcend to Political fight.

Read what op wrote

Its political becos is typically fight over land etc
Re: What Is The Power Tussle In Your State Like? by Bkayyy: 11:53am On Nov 01, 2020
BigBashiru:

So why were they killing themselves
Normal land dispute
Re: What Is The Power Tussle In Your State Like? by Bkayyy: 11:54am On Nov 01, 2020
BigBashiru:

It is not political. Infact both of them are looking for an external party that will be foolish enough to intervene in the matter so that they will use the person to settle.
They are related by blood and if they want to finish themselves, they can go ahead.
Besides they are just two towns in the midst of 181 towns so their issue is trivial and doesn't concern the entire state
Re: What Is The Power Tussle In Your State Like? by Nobody: 11:57am On Nov 01, 2020
Hotice085:

Hypocrisy wont save you

Face your shredded akwa-cross.
I don't have time for under 18 squabbles.
Re: What Is The Power Tussle In Your State Like? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Nov 01, 2020
BigBashiru:

Are you serious bashiru.
This is a fight older than Nigeria Political space, fought years years ago
It is just a recycling story.
Nothing Political about it.
Re: What Is The Power Tussle In Your State Like? by BigBashiru: 12:02pm On Nov 01, 2020
Bkayyy:

It is not political. Infact both of them are looking for an external party that will be foolish enough to intervene in the matter so that they will use the person to settle.
They are related by blood and if they want to finish themselves, they can go ahead.
Besides they are just two towns in the midst of 181 towns so their issue is trivial and doesn't concern the entire state

But there is tension in the two communities with both sides holding meetings to strategise on ways to handle the delicate matter to avoid a repeat of the Aguleri-Umuleri war of 1998 -1999 in which hundreds of people were killed and property worth millions of naira destroyed over land matter.

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/02/aguleri-umuleri-trade-words-over-site-of-police-college/amp/
Re: What Is The Power Tussle In Your State Like? by Minsk24: 12:11pm On Nov 01, 2020
DeejaywonDJ1:
My state is highly homogenous and no town can boast of having the highest population of indigene because everybody is interconnected (Some families like mine have roots in 20 towns across the state, that's the reason why some "Oríkì" are similar), the only thing that vary is the dialects peculiar to each community.
Which states is this bro?
Re: What Is The Power Tussle In Your State Like? by Bkayyy: 12:12pm On Nov 01, 2020
BigBashiru:

But there is tension in the two communities with both sides holding meetings to strategise on ways to handle the delicate matter to avoid a repeat of the Aguleri-Umuleri war of 1998 -1999 in which hundreds of people were killed and property worth millions of naira destroyed over land matter.

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/02/aguleri-umuleri-trade-words-over-site-of-police-college/amp/
You are taking this thing too serious. It is a brotherly squabble which is the reason both still have time to sit together and discuss. Nobody intefers in the matter and if the state government wants to do anything, a native in the government house is sent which in this case is the present governor, Willie Obiano who is from Aguleri.
The funniest is that even in the midst of whatever they do to themselves, both communities still manage to vote the same candidate in all election and protect each other from herdsmen (I believe you've read about this one)
Re: What Is The Power Tussle In Your State Like? by Minsk24: 12:14pm On Nov 01, 2020
BigBashiru:

Please its enough.... Don't derail this thread...
This thread is about political power tussle in states.... You have bn given good explanation regarding the communal issue u mentioned... Pl
Re: What Is The Power Tussle In Your State Like? by Minsk24: 12:15pm On Nov 01, 2020
Bkayyy:

You are taking this thing too serious. It is a brotherly squabble which is the reason both still have time to sit together and discuss. Nobody intefers in the matter and if the state government wants to do anything, a native in the government house is sent which in this case is the present governor, Willie Obiano who is from Aguleri.
The funniest is that even in the midst of whatever they do to themselves, both communities still manage to vote the same candidate in all election and protect each other from herdsmen (I believe you've read about this one)
Dont respond to him again.... You ve done your best to explain.... I guess he's here to Derail the thread
Re: What Is The Power Tussle In Your State Like? by Bkayyy: 12:18pm On Nov 01, 2020
Minsk24:

Please its enough.... Don't derail this thread...
This thread is about political power tussle in states.... You have bn given good explanation regarding the communal issue u mentioned... Pl
Thanks for calming him down. I believe we should give space for other states to air their view on there own states not going front and back in communal clash involving two brothers that doesn't hold candle in the state politics.
Infact no clan or community has even ruled Anambra state twice.
Down here we have no dominant group.
Re: What Is The Power Tussle In Your State Like? by Minsk24: 12:28pm On Nov 01, 2020
Bkayyy:

Thanks for calming him down. I believe we should give space for other states to air their view on there own states not going front and back in communal clash involving two brothers that doesn't hold candle in the state politics.
Infact no clan or community has even ruled Anambra state twice.
Down here we have no dominant group.
Exactly bro....
Anambra's homogeneity and unity is really aiding its development.... Unity is vital for progress
Re: What Is The Power Tussle In Your State Like? by donuba61: 12:35pm On Nov 01, 2020
Asquare84:

The current governor is from nsukka zone, that because Sullivan chime made him governor against the odd of political big wigs of nkanu zone
Nsukka man was the first governor of Enugu state. When it come to the politics of enugu state, nsukka is well represented.
Re: What Is The Power Tussle In Your State Like? by jumper524(m): 1:06pm On Nov 01, 2020
Minsk24:

That's really good to know, what ethnic group is the majority in Abuja?
well the gbagyis are recognized as the majority.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Power Tussle In Your State Like? by jumper524(m): 1:34pm On Nov 01, 2020
Maduawuchukwu:

It is good your people become politically active however, political positions in Abj cannot be reserved for the indigenes alone. It is called FCT because it is the home for all Nigerians and developed by all Nigerians.
well brother your correct oo.
I do tell my people despite being politically sidelined to a certain extent, were the luckiest set of people in Nigeria. I doubt if citizens of any state are as lucky as us and we should appreciate that. but however, the constitution gives room for an indegenous minister.
that is even if there's a minister of FCT, we should also have an indegenous minister of FCT.
unlike other states in the country, we have no one close to the president. I honestly don't think that is good for us.
Re: What Is The Power Tussle In Your State Like? by Maduawuchukwu(m): 1:35pm On Nov 01, 2020
jumper524:
well brother your correct oo.
I do tell my people despite being politically sidelined to a certain extent, were the luckiest set of people in Nigeria. I doubt if citizens of any state are as lucky as us and we should appreciate that. but however, the constitution gives room for an indegenous minister.
that is even if there's a minister of FCT, we should also have an indegenous minister of FCT.
unlike other states in the country, we have no one close to the president. I honestly don't think that is good for us.

Fair point. I wish the Gbagi well. They are good to go.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Power Tussle In Your State Like? by Seerade029: 5:12pm On Nov 01, 2020
DeejaywonDJ1:

This should be Ekiti or Osun.

Most likely Ekiti.
Re: What Is The Power Tussle In Your State Like? by Etrusen(m): 5:36pm On Nov 01, 2020
Minsk24:

Wow this is really good to know....even despite presence of Muslims in Edo state ...its really impressive

the fact that Muslims misbehave in other state doesn't mean they must do so in Edo.

every religious person knows his place
Re: What Is The Power Tussle In Your State Like? by DeejaywonDJ1(m): 9:52pm On Nov 01, 2020
Minsk24:

Which states is this bro?

Ekiti

1 Like

Re: What Is The Power Tussle In Your State Like? by DeejaywonDJ1(m): 9:53pm On Nov 01, 2020
Seerade029:

This should be Ekiti or Osun.

Most likely Ekiti.

Yeah, you're right, it's Ekiti.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

350 IGBO VILLAGES OCCUPIED BY FULANI AND SHUWA ARAB MERCENARIES – BARONNESS COX / Ama Hausa And Douglas Road In Owerri On Fire - Video / From This List Know The Richest Tribe In Nigeria(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.