Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,945 members, 7,835,141 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

Akwa Ibom Council Polls Most Peaceful In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom Council Polls Most Peaceful In Nigeria (389 Views)

Which State Is The Most Peaceful In Nigeria? / APC Sweeps Lagos Council Polls As Results Trickle In / Election Postponed: Remain Peaceful In Face Of Provocation, Atiku Tells Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akwa Ibom Council Polls Most Peaceful In Nigeria by Hunchogee: 10:25am On Nov 01, 2020
The Guardian Nigeria

National
Emmanuel commends peaceful Council polls in Akwa Ibom
By NAN
01 November 2020 | 8:19 am
Gov. Udom Emmanuel of Akwa Ibom has commended the peaceful conduct of the local government councils’ polls in the state despite the low turnout of voters.

Emmanuel gave the commendation on Saturday while at his polling unit for accreditation and voting at Awa ward 1, Onna Local Government Area.

He praised the preparedness of the Akwa Ibom State Independent Electoral Commission (AKISIEC) for the exercise.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the turnout of voters was low.

x

The governor described the processes leading up to the elections as transparent.

“I think this is one of the peaceful elections we have ever conducted. I drove from Uyo down here trying to monitor the elections.

“I like the quietness and orderliness of the elections and I am also appreciating the preparedness of AKISIEC, the quality of materials is of a very high standard.

“They have done a good work but it is unfortunate that people will still be complaining even when we score the process 99 per cent. I would only encourage them (AKISIEC) to do more,’’ he said.

Emmanuel said that he had confidence in the local government system.

“I have confidence in the elections. If I didn’t have confidence, why should I waste my time coming here?

The Presiding Officer of Awa ward 1, Onna LGA, Mr Destiny Ikpe, told NAN that the accreditation and voting were done simultaneously, adding that the exercise started by 8 a.m.

At Uyo Urban Ward 2 and Ward 4 no voter was seen around the polling units even though electoral officers were on ground by 9a.m.

https://m.guardian.ng/news/emmanuel-commends-peaceful-council-polls-in-akwa-ibom/

Mynd44...
Re: Akwa Ibom Council Polls Most Peaceful In Nigeria by RealEzee(m): 10:32am On Nov 01, 2020
Normal na

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Council Polls Most Peaceful In Nigeria by YoonSung50: 10:39am On Nov 01, 2020
we hear ooo

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Council Polls Most Peaceful In Nigeria by Hunchogee: 10:43am On Nov 01, 2020
RealEzee:
Normal na
Hahahah grin angry
Re: Akwa Ibom Council Polls Most Peaceful In Nigeria by Hunchogee: 10:43am On Nov 01, 2020
YoonSung50:
we hear ooo
Na so
Re: Akwa Ibom Council Polls Most Peaceful In Nigeria by MrHighSea: 10:46am On Nov 01, 2020
didn't feel like there's an election going on. everywhere calm.

on second thought, they fit don SELECT people finish. Evidence will be PDP winning on all fronts. it's happened before.

All LG chair sits and numerous councillors. one party wins all.

Is it still democracy?

If you've understand sampling or probability, you'll be shocked.
Re: Akwa Ibom Council Polls Most Peaceful In Nigeria by freshMallam1122: 11:09am On Nov 01, 2020
MrHighSea:
didn't feel like there's an election going on. everywhere calm.

on second thought, they fit don SELECT people finish. Evidence will be PDP winning on all fronts. it's happened before.

All LG chair sits and numerous councillors. one party wins all.

Is it still democracy?

If you've understand sampling or probability, you'll be shocked.
oga As am telling you no election was held...don't mind this man....APC withdrew for long because of additional accreditation of new units by PDP without wildest consultation an due process...no councilor an no chairman contested under APC in the states..I was in Idu uruan LG Secretariat..my brother nothing like election..all we see was selection of names from different ward.. ticket were not sold directly to opponent but we're given to one person each in a ward that has been oready selected..thereby disenfranchising the youth an the race...an that is the revolution we are fighting for,,PDP introduce corruption in Nigeria an today apc is towing on it parts enough is enough pls lets all stand up to send this demonic party an people away from our dear country if nigeria must grow... another proplem is even if we restructure how can we stop this old an Yong criminals for coming back to our new party for thier buy back clause... because I kn they will definitely have a root in it

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Council Polls Most Peaceful In Nigeria by Benesis: 11:30am On Nov 01, 2020
Mkpo
Re: Akwa Ibom Council Polls Most Peaceful In Nigeria by Hunchogee: 11:34am On Nov 01, 2020
freshMallam1122:
oga As am telling you no election was held...don't mind this man....APC withdrew for long because of additional accreditation of new units by PDP without wildest consultation an due process...no councilor an no chairman contested under APC in the states..I was in Idu uruan LG Secretariat..my brother nothing like election..all we see was selection of names from different ward.. ticket were not sold directly to opponent but we're given to one person each in a ward that has been oready selected..thereby disenfranchising the youth an the race...an that is the revolution we are fighting for,,PDP introduce corruption in Nigeria an today apc is towing on it parts enough is enough pls lets all stand up to send this demonic party an people away from our dear country if nigeria must grow... another proplem is even if we restructure how can we stop this old an Yong criminals for coming back to our new party for thier buy back clause... because I kn they will definitely have a root in it
How doesn't creating more ward affect APC participation?
APC earlier said they have no money for council election, so who will you blame for APC being broke, PDP?
Guy relax OK.
Re: Akwa Ibom Council Polls Most Peaceful In Nigeria by Hunchogee: 11:34am On Nov 01, 2020
Benesis:
Mkpo
Mbok eyeneka relax
Re: Akwa Ibom Council Polls Most Peaceful In Nigeria by freshMallam1122: 11:37am On Nov 01, 2020
Hunchogee:

How doesn't creating more ward affect APC participation?
APC earlier said they have no money for council election, so who will you blame for APC being broke, PDP?
Guy relax OK.
the issue is now in court I can bear you witness wat are you saying here...do you belong to any...then am not...we want this two criminals out of nigeria an sooon u old fool will be so ashamed if we successful push you out...
Re: Akwa Ibom Council Polls Most Peaceful In Nigeria by Benesis: 12:00pm On Nov 01, 2020
Hunchogee:
Mbok eyeneka relax
Ama sinne... Hahahaha meh relax oo
Re: Akwa Ibom Council Polls Most Peaceful In Nigeria by oludotun17666: 1:31pm On Nov 01, 2020
:Normal na Hahahah
Re: Akwa Ibom Council Polls Most Peaceful In Nigeria by Hunchogee: 1:57pm On Nov 01, 2020
freshMallam1122:
the issue is now in court I can bear you witness wat are you saying here...do you belong to any...then am not...we want this two criminals out of nigeria an sooon u old fool will be so ashamed if we successful push you out...
Supported bro.. We need a fresh set of modern day politicians and party
Re: Akwa Ibom Council Polls Most Peaceful In Nigeria by Hunchogee: 1:58pm On Nov 01, 2020
Benesis:

Ama sinne... Hahahaha meh relax oo
Ama son me ayin idakaodo.. Be careful oo
Re: Akwa Ibom Council Polls Most Peaceful In Nigeria by Hunchogee: 1:58pm On Nov 01, 2020
oludotun17666:
:Normal na Hahahah
grin

(1) (Reply)

#ENDSARS: Rotimi Amechi Was Right / We’ll No Longer Dialogue With FG On Niger Delta Plight ― UNDEDSS / "I Have Completed 97 Verifiable State Road Projects" - Gov. Ikpeazu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.