Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,833 members, 7,831,703 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

#endsars: Abuja Road Users Lament Gridlock, Beg Traffic Officers To Return - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #endsars: Abuja Road Users Lament Gridlock, Beg Traffic Officers To Return (27577 Views)

#EndSARS: Abuja lockdown protest in pictures / Deputy Governor Hamzat Apprehends Road Users Plying One Way In Lagos (Photos) / PDP Campaign Rally: Footage Of Thugs Harassing Road Users In Lagos Today Emerges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #endsars: Abuja Road Users Lament Gridlock, Beg Traffic Officers To Return by banmee(m): 11:45pm On Nov 01, 2020
dododawa1:
Civil defense can do it, neighborhood guard not must police all the time

I am glad you mentioned civil defense. Problem is Nigerians are not civil and definitely do not have any idea what civics is.

2 Likes

Re: #endsars: Abuja Road Users Lament Gridlock, Beg Traffic Officers To Return by zikter(m): 12:10am On Nov 02, 2020
Eriokanmi:
which road signal you wan make dem obey when all the traffic lights have been vandalised by the irate youths? In Lagos, no single traffic light was spared. In such a situation, how do you expect motorists to be orderly? Just asking
I am in Lagos but no single traffic light was vandalized on my route. From Fatai Atere to CAPPA junction, Ikeja under bridge and Oba-Akran-Adaniyi Jones, all the lights are working fine. Of course there is heavy gridlock since the protests due to irresponsible driving as a result of absence of law enforcement agents

4 Likes

Re: #endsars: Abuja Road Users Lament Gridlock, Beg Traffic Officers To Return by Nobody: 1:41am On Nov 02, 2020
Afamed:
Simple road signals/ rules they can not obey. Yet, Govt is to be blamed for every of their failure in life
in Nigeria we are actually the problem of ourselves

2 Likes

Re: #endsars: Abuja Road Users Lament Gridlock, Beg Traffic Officers To Return by dominic17: 3:24am On Nov 02, 2020
Afamed:
Simple road signals/ rules they can not obey. Yet, Govt is to be blamed for every of their failure in life

Yes, government has to be blamed because it is their responsibility to enforce laws if they live up to their responsibilities people have no choice than to obey the laws.
Re: #endsars: Abuja Road Users Lament Gridlock, Beg Traffic Officers To Return by Nwaelohim: 3:33am On Nov 02, 2020
DOMINO'S EFFECTS. also known as cause and effect. 99.9% of NIGERIANS are very lawless and wants government to understand their stupidity as civil rights. Hence NIGERIA don't need democracy for now.
Traffic rules we can't obey and you are shouting Buhari this Buhari that.ndiara

3 Likes

Re: #endsars: Abuja Road Users Lament Gridlock, Beg Traffic Officers To Return by sirdick17: 4:25am On Nov 02, 2020
Afamed:

May God bless u
Re: #endsars: Abuja Road Users Lament Gridlock, Beg Traffic Officers To Return by DukeJoe17: 4:57am On Nov 02, 2020
You people should understand what is going on.
The Security Officers are deliberately creating CHAOS, so that the populace can beg them to come back!
It is not even better when they were around, at least there is no extortion and killing of the innocent by armed Gunmen called Police

[b]What Civil Society needs to do is organise and take over the responsibilities of these Criminals in Uniform and do it better, without all the criminality that they perpetuate.
And the Govt should stop paying them with out TAX, since the are no longer working.

Common sense should tell you that no one works in Nigeria without paying tax.

And I ask! Is police a tax free organization?
Re: #endsars: Abuja Road Users Lament Gridlock, Beg Traffic Officers To Return by AerialMapper: 5:13am On Nov 02, 2020
I don’t know what this guy is talking about but Traffic police have actually been on their beats; at Gaduwa junction, Gudu Junction, Garki 2 ! Good riddance to VIO and FRSC ... they actually do more harm than good causing traffic jams and harassing motorists.

Nigerians appreciate the traffic police for their dedication but you see FRSC and VIO... demons

1 Like

Re: #endsars: Abuja Road Users Lament Gridlock, Beg Traffic Officers To Return by jumper524(m): 5:34am On Nov 02, 2020
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
They should shut up

Abuja that has no traffic gridlock

If them dey complain wetin you say make lagos come do

Na who never go abuja go believe all these their story
yaruadua airport way ain't the only road in Abuja.
that maraba yanya axis dey suffer gridlock even before the protest, so na one part of abuja u visit be that..
Re: #endsars: Abuja Road Users Lament Gridlock, Beg Traffic Officers To Return by Clothingonline9(m): 5:43am On Nov 02, 2020
Pant trousers for just 1500 and chinos 3k Lagos and Nationwide dispatch
Re: #endsars: Abuja Road Users Lament Gridlock, Beg Traffic Officers To Return by olmoRoc: 6:02am On Nov 02, 2020
All you need are traffic lights, and not those thieving police officers!
Re: #endsars: Abuja Road Users Lament Gridlock, Beg Traffic Officers To Return by TheRealestGuy(m): 6:10am On Nov 02, 2020
Afamed:

Even advanced countries have traffic officers so what's your point?

1 Like

Re: #endsars: Abuja Road Users Lament Gridlock, Beg Traffic Officers To Return by Eriokanmi: 6:29am On Nov 02, 2020
zikter:
I am in Lagos but no single traffic light was vandalized on my route. From Fatai Atere to CAPPA junction, Ikeja under bridge and Oba-Akran-Adaniyi Jones, all the lights are working fine. Of course there is heavy gridlock since the protests due to irresponsible driving as a result of absence of law enforcement agents
Haaaa stop lying grin. I'm .still in Lagos. I'd take my time to snap some pictures today.They've not been fixed as at weekend. Brb

1 Like

Re: #endsars: Abuja Road Users Lament Gridlock, Beg Traffic Officers To Return by loswhite(m): 6:39am On Nov 02, 2020
Everything is now #Endsars
Re: #endsars: Abuja Road Users Lament Gridlock, Beg Traffic Officers To Return by Jessepaid(m): 6:40am On Nov 02, 2020
So one person cannot volunteer and try control the traffic?...
Re: #endsars: Abuja Road Users Lament Gridlock, Beg Traffic Officers To Return by mobi99(m): 7:09am On Nov 02, 2020
federal government should give them ultimatum or loose their jobs, I will see them running back to the duty post... enugu state government has ordered a new outfits, such as forest guards and some people from ministry of works and local vegilantees to come and take the place of the police men and traffic wardens... and they are been watched and guard by army patrols.... imagine that kinda resourcefulness.. not begging some miscreants who claim to be friends... we are even tired of police. if the will use this opportunity to carve out state policing we have been clamouring for it will be most efficient and effective...
Re: #endsars: Abuja Road Users Lament Gridlock, Beg Traffic Officers To Return by Blakpot: 7:35am On Nov 02, 2020
Pls VIO dont control any traffic. They rather constitute nuisance. Their only purpose on the road is to harass drivers.
Re: #endsars: Abuja Road Users Lament Gridlock, Beg Traffic Officers To Return by Afamed: 7:50am On Nov 02, 2020
Eriokanmi:
which road signal you wan make dem obey when all the traffic lights have been vandalised by the irate youths? In Lagos, no single traffic light was spared. In such a situation, how do you expect motorists to be orderly? Just asking
It says Abuja not Lagos. Even before the damaged of traffic lights in Lagos, do people comply with it without the presence of traffic warders?

1 Like

Re: #endsars: Abuja Road Users Lament Gridlock, Beg Traffic Officers To Return by Afamed: 7:57am On Nov 02, 2020
dominic17:

Yes, government has to be blamed because it is their responsibility to enforce laws if they live up to their responsibilities people have no choice than to obey the laws.
So it's not the responsibility of the citizens to obey the law in the first place? But when you travel Abroad you 100% obey the traffic law.
Who has done this to people like you, with this kind of mentality?

1 Like

Re: #endsars: Abuja Road Users Lament Gridlock, Beg Traffic Officers To Return by zikter(m): 8:03am On Nov 02, 2020
Eriokanmi:
Haaaa stop lying grin. I'm .still in Lagos. I'd take my time to snap some pictures today.They've not been fixed as at weekend. Brb
Please don't call me a liar. I mentioned my route which I even drove through this morning. If you are snapping, go to Fatai Atere way, linking Agege motor road, there is a functional light, come to ikeja underbridge near LASUTH, all the lights are functional, and then to Oba-Akran at Adeniyi Jones, that one even stopped me this morning. Don't say all the lights are vandalized hence the chaotic traffic last week. Maybe the ones in your area were, but not everywhere is like that.

1 Like

Re: #endsars: Abuja Road Users Lament Gridlock, Beg Traffic Officers To Return by mobi99(m): 8:06am On Nov 02, 2020
Afamed:

So it's not the responsibility of the citizens to obey the law in the first place? But when you travel Abroad you 100% obey the traffic law.
Who has done this to people like you, with this kind of mentality
Nigerians comply according to what they met on ground..... failed system, because even when there's traffic.......those Hilux wit sirens will run thru the red light which I have witnessed so many times, just because they re are carrying one of the public looters in tinted cars, police and army break that rules more than any person in the country...imagine that kinda thing.. who does that in a sane country..until they show leadership by example then things will start to work perfectly
Re: #endsars: Abuja Road Users Lament Gridlock, Beg Traffic Officers To Return by Afamed: 8:13am On Nov 02, 2020
mobi99:
Nigerians comply according to what they met on ground..... failed system, because even when there's traffic.......those Hilux wit sirens will run thru the red light which I have witnessed so many times, just because they re are carrying one of the public looters in tinted cars, police and army break that rules more than any person in the country...imagine that kinda thing.. who does that in a sane country..until they show leadership by example then things will start to work perfectly
The different between the Govt and you ,who is not in the Govt is the opportunity. If most of you, are giving the opportunity to be in the position of power today. You will all do worse than the Govt.

1 Like

Re: #endsars: Abuja Road Users Lament Gridlock, Beg Traffic Officers To Return by 7lives: 8:41am On Nov 02, 2020
thebosstrevor1:
It has been confirmed that Nigerians are lawless people.

You have the freedom to control yourself but still can not.

This are the same people crying for good governance. They can't govern themselves

You just made my day.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #endsars: Abuja Road Users Lament Gridlock, Beg Traffic Officers To Return by Afamed: 9:13am On Nov 02, 2020
TheRealestGuy:

Even advanced countries have traffic officers so what's your point?
You are right. But how many traffic law breakers do they record on a daily basis? Have you ever seen their traffic warders in the middle of the roads?
Re: #endsars: Abuja Road Users Lament Gridlock, Beg Traffic Officers To Return by Nobody: 9:31am On Nov 02, 2020
mobi99:
Bros keep quiet, even in developed countries traffic is halted when the president is passing through, Russia's own worse pass self.

1 Like

Re: #endsars: Abuja Road Users Lament Gridlock, Beg Traffic Officers To Return by olumide4christ: 9:32am On Nov 02, 2020
thebosstrevor1:
It has been confirmed that Nigerians are lawless people.

You have the freedom to control yourself but still can not.

This are the same people crying for good governance. They can't govern themselves

Please shout it loud to them... Irresponsible people looking for Responsible Government!

2 Likes

Re: #endsars: Abuja Road Users Lament Gridlock, Beg Traffic Officers To Return by Afamed: 9:35am On Nov 02, 2020
olumide4christ:

Please shout it loud to them... Irresponsible people looking for Responsible Government!
You said it all. Unpatriotic citizens looking for Patriotic leaders

2 Likes

Re: #endsars: Abuja Road Users Lament Gridlock, Beg Traffic Officers To Return by olumide4christ: 9:40am On Nov 02, 2020
Amitez:

It is government that do not provide something as simple and basic as electricity. Tell me which country still use human to control traffic in the Capital city? Have you ever imagined if Nigeria was to be like Canada where there is snow with temperature in sub-zero level who would be outside controlling traffic?

What are you saying? If the government provides technology to control traffic in form of traffic lights and directional signs, how many Nigerians will obey it? Do you live in Nigeria or on the moon?

How many times have I stopped at a Red traffic light here in Lagos and drivers behind me will be horning for me to move simply because they looked left and right and they didn't see any traffic warden, police or LASTMA officer on duty? I can't count the number of times, Bro!

The average Nigerian will never obey traffic lights in Nigeria in the absence of law enforcement, that's how bad we are. They only obey it when they go abroad because they know that there are CCTV cameras everywhere and the law will come down heavily on them if they beat a traffic stop or light!

Nigerians want good governance but are themselves irresponsible, most not all of them though!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ikpeazu Cries Over Poor State Of Federal Roads In Abia / 'Now We Realize Jonathan Was Nice, Buhari A Failure' - Protesting Northern Woman / CBN Cash Withdrawal Limit Begins Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.