Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Help ; I Need To Report A Smelly Fish Pond Behind Our Building - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Help ; I Need To Report A Smelly Fish Pond Behind Our Building (826 Views)

Man In Agony As Envious Neighbor Poisons Fish Pond With Sniper, Kills Livelihood / U.K. Police Officer Arrested Lady, Raped Her, Burnt & Dumped Her Body In Pond / How Do I Report A Relative To EFCC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help ; I Need To Report A Smelly Fish Pond Behind Our Building by Nobody: 10:02pm On Nov 01, 2020
There is a fish pond right at the back of my family house. We have warned them severely to take care of the fish pond but our warnings all fell in deaf ears. I personally have gone there to complain about the bad smell that is coming out from the fish pond, but nothing has been done. In our household, we now fall sick always, especially stomach serious ache and other sicknesses which doesn't often affect us.

I have sent a complaints mail to NESREA in abuja but they don't respond to their mails. Even the DG of NESREA has been sent a mail concerning this matter but no response. I tried calling NESREA phone number but it doesn't go through, as it keeps saying its switched off.

We can't breath properly or even sleep fine in our house because all the rooms smells. Even our visitors often complains about this. Please any nairalander with a solution to this, should come to my aid. As I am typing this now, I can't breath fine since yesterday. I can't take a deep breath cos if I do, there is some kind of inner pain that I don't understand. Please help guys.

my location is Abuja

2 Likes

Re: Help ; I Need To Report A Smelly Fish Pond Behind Our Building by coolcharm(m): 10:11pm On Nov 01, 2020
I think you should direct your complaint to the ministry of environment instead of NESREA.

Which area council are you?

2 Likes

Re: Help ; I Need To Report A Smelly Fish Pond Behind Our Building by Okwuazi930(m): 2:49am On Nov 02, 2020
Hmmm,wahala be like bicycle.
Re: Help ; I Need To Report A Smelly Fish Pond Behind Our Building by Nobody: 6:16am On Nov 02, 2020
coolcharm:
I think you should direct your complaint to the ministry of environment instead of NESREA.

Which area council are you?
AMAC. OK I will try the ministry of environment
Re: Help ; I Need To Report A Smelly Fish Pond Behind Our Building by themainman600(m): 7:07am On Nov 02, 2020
Go and hire done for hoodlums to scatter the space and thank me later grin
Re: Help ; I Need To Report A Smelly Fish Pond Behind Our Building by Jakumo(m): 7:39am On Nov 02, 2020
The NESREA website exists purely for show, perhaps because that organization obtains funding from international partners such as the EPA in the USA, making it necessary to create a realistic looking website with contact numbers and complaint forms to fill.

I can tell you right now that those contact numbers listed in the NESREA website, are NEVER manned, and those complain forms will NEVER be sent when filled out online. Try filling that form, in the NESREA website, press the "submit" button, and watch how it remains in a "wait" state, without sending that filled form anywhere, for the next 40 years. That form will never be sent, and those contact numbers will never be answered by anyone. That entire website is purely for show, most likely to justify international funding that is being shared and pocketed by NESREA officials.

To get a response from NESREA, you need to petition the EPA in Washington DC, USA. It is only when the EPA contacts NESREA in Nigeria, that officials will show up in response to your original request, but even then, they will not sanction environmental polluters. They will only take bribes, and advise the complainant to attend a "mediation meeting" in the regional NESREA office, where more cash will be expected from all concerned. This is the face of environmental protection in Nigeria. In short, when it comes to environmental pollution in Nigeria, nobody gives a flying phuck.

(1) (Reply)

Operation Tura Takai Bango: Nigeria Army New Offensive Against Boko Haram, Iswap / Dismissed Police Corporal Dismissed After Seen In CCTV Footage Stealing A Phone / Nigeria Must Go Down- Militant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.