Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,549 members, 7,865,261 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 02:50 PM

Nigerian's in USA pls I have few questions to ask you.. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian's in USA pls I have few questions to ask you.. (6450 Views)

Searching To Get Schorlaship In The USA Pls Help / Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian's in USA pls I have few questions to ask you.. by Nobody: 5:06pm On Nov 02, 2020
ZIINI:

Yeah I understand but my point is if he was white they won't shot him on the spot like that
Around late last year I use to talk to one black American woman on IG her boyfriend is a white man
She told me that all the things he use to do if he was a black man he would have been dead my now .
I asked her why ,she told me he do alot of bad things and he have once broke a cop arm before and they didn't do anything to him. Maybe he grew up in black community I don't know.
Even in their movies when they chase black guys they use to shoot but they will never do that to a white man they will keep on chasing him.

Your reality as a Nigerian and the African American reality are two entirely different realities.

You're a Nigerian and not an Africa American. Your experience is very different.
Re: Nigerian's in USA pls I have few questions to ask you.. by NairaLuck: 6:23pm On Nov 02, 2020
Re: Nigerian's in USA pls I have few questions to ask you.. by Nobody: 6:48pm On Nov 02, 2020
ZIINI:

[s]If you read commemts very well Someone also said this too
Some black dem no like to dey work
Gangster,selling of hard drugs,and coke he don sweet dem.[/s]
Re: Nigerian's in USA pls I have few questions to ask you.. by EgunMogaji2: 10:00pm On Nov 02, 2020
ALEX182:

Police know who they chase.

You're a Nigerian. Police has no business with you. Nigerians go to work, go back home. Relax at home, go to grocery store, go back home. Go to church, go back home. Go to naija party and go back home. Travel to Nigeria, and travel back.

We are boring people. Police don't see us.

Police has stopped me twice on the road. One gave me ticket for traffic violation, one gave me second chance. Last encounter was in 2018.

Why on earth will a Nigerian leave Nigeria and go to yankee and be pointing knife at police grin grin
When you were in Nigeria, did you ever point knife at Mopol or SARS? grin grin grin

Hope you understand.

This says it all.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian's in USA pls I have few questions to ask you.. by EgunMogaji2: 10:42am On Nov 03, 2020
BigDawsNet:
Highway patrol

Lapd : hello gentlemen

Driver bro : hello officer, may I help you?

Lapd: liences and registration pls

Driver bro : hand over docs

Lapd : where you off to

Driver bro : On a tour at Stockton, California Campus

Lapd : confirm and return docs, hello mr can I see your I'd

Driver bro : his talking to you

Me: student I'd

Lapd : fresher?

Me: yes sir

Lapd : trunk pls.... Checked! Have a good one..

Other one at world trade center

Sis : I need a fancy picture... Approached gentle looking US army on patrol

Sis : my kid want a selfie, you care?

Army : sure... With smiles

Picture taken

Sis : thanks

Army : sure ma'am, have a good one

In short if you appear to be a descent looking black african american... You got no problem with the cops or feds...

I’m glad your way works for you.

It’s none of a police officers business where I’m coming from or going. Also it’s not his business to identify my passengers unless the stop was related to an alleged crime that they committed. If you stopped me for speeding then you’re not identifying my passengers, legally.

Also I don’t consent to searches and seizures so you’re also not searching my car, without a warrant.

All these are listed in the constitution and amendments.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian's in USA pls I have few questions to ask you.. by BigDawsNet: 10:46am On Nov 03, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

I’m glad your way works for you.

It’s none of a police officers business where I’m coming from or going. Also it’s not his business to identify my passengers unless the stop was related to an alleged crime that they committed. If you stopped me for speeding then you’re not identifying my passengers, legally.

Also I don’t consent to searches and seizures so you’re also not searching my car, without a warrant.

All these are listed in the constitution and amendments.

I would have follow that process if I was born in the states

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian's in USA pls I have few questions to ask you.. by Nobody: 7:49pm On Nov 03, 2020
ALEX182:

Your reality as a Nigerian and the African American reality are two entirely different realities.

You're a Nigerian and not an Africa American. Your experience is very different.
How far boss you no even give us updates about those akata women again lol grin
Re: Nigerian's in USA pls I have few questions to ask you.. by Nobody: 8:37pm On Nov 03, 2020
ZIINI:

How far boss you no even give us updates about those akata women again lol grin

Hahahahaha.

I no dey follow Akata play again. I'm done.

Facing my hustle now.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian's in USA pls I have few questions to ask you.. by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 03, 2020
ALEX182:

Hahahahaha.

Facing my hustle now.
Oh ok that's cool bruh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian's in USA pls I have few questions to ask you.. by Originalsly: 10:32pm On Nov 03, 2020
Kekereekun123:

Black Americans self their wahala too much. A lady was killed of recent and the cops were found not guilty. They came to arrest her drug dealer boyfriend without knocking. Why on hell will a lady with a professional job allow a drug dealer to be living in her house. If cops no shot am gang members could have. Most times they are resisting arrest

This your comment is a good example of how the media stigmatizes American Blacks..... and how too many of us as Africans swallow every word fed to us a d buy into that narrative.
FYI... the name of the lady is Breonna Taylor .... who was murdered by the Police. Her bf was not a drug dealer... her ex was. They knew where he lived... said they were after him but also....decided to raid her apartment ... a no knock raid. They did not announce who they were... just rammed the door open... her bf ... thinking it's the ex... opened fire.... Police then returned fire hitting Breonna five times killing her.... they just sprayed the apartment. No Police was reprimanded nor fired. The protests began... the Police were cleared of any wrong doings and then the Precinct was torched and the riots began... celebrities raised their voices....and that's when the world heard of Blacklivesmatter. One Police has since been charged... it is not over as yet... never mind the city has settled with Breonna s family for $12 M.
Blacks in America stand up for their rights.
As Africans period... we should be conscious that the freedoms and opportunities we enjoy in America were fought for by Black Americans... many died for us to enjoy these freedoms.

Breonna Taylor.... may her death not be in vain.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian's in USA pls I have few questions to ask you.. by Nobody: 10:39pm On Nov 03, 2020
Originalsly:

This your comment is a good example of how the media stigmatizes American Blacks..... and how too many of us as Africans swallow every word fed to us a d buy into that narrative.
FYI... the name of the lady is Breonna Taylor .... who was murdered by the Police. Her bf was not a drug dealer... her ex was. They knew where he lived... said they were after him but also....decided to raid her apartment ... a no knock raid. They did not announce who they were... just rammed the door open... her bf ... thinking it's the ex... opened fire.... Police then returned fire hitting Breonna five times killing her.... they just sprayed the apartment. No Police was reprimanded nor fired. The protests began... the Police were cleared of any wrong doings and then the Precinct was torched and the riots began... celebrities raised their voices....and that's when the world heard of Blacklivesmatter. One Police has since been charged... it is not over as yet... never mind the city has settled with Breonna s family for $12 M.
Blacks in America stand up for their rights.
As Africans period... we should be conscious that the freedoms and opportunities we enjoy in America were fought for by Black Americans... many died for us to enjoy these freedoms.

Breonna Taylor.... may her death not be in vain.

yes she was wrongly killed. When the bf opened fire first what was he expecting

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian's in USA pls I have few questions to ask you.. by Nobody: 5:03pm On Nov 04, 2020
Kekereekun123:
The guy just dey cap nonsense. Probably one of those blacks brainwashed by white liberals.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian's in USA pls I have few questions to ask you.. by Tinyemeka(m): 5:59pm On Nov 04, 2020
BigDawsNet:
Highway patrol

Lapd : hello gentlemen

Driver bro : hello officer, may I help you?

Lapd: liences and registration pls

Driver bro : hand over docs

Lapd : where you off to

Driver bro : On a tour at Stockton, California Campus

Lapd : confirm and return docs, hello mr can I see your I'd

Driver bro : his talking to you

Me: student I'd

Lapd : fresher?

Me: yes sir

Lapd : trunk pls.... Checked! Have a good one..

Other one at world trade center

Sis : I need a fancy picture... Approached gentle looking US army on patrol

Sis : my kid want a selfie, you care?

Army : sure... With smiles

Picture taken

Sis : thanks

Army : sure ma'am, have a good one

In short if you appear to be a descent looking black african american... You got no problem with the cops or feds...

What's your take on this?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IPubUIKLzsM

1 Like

Re: Nigerian's in USA pls I have few questions to ask you.. by Teau: 7:44pm On Nov 05, 2020
Hi all, i am planning to process my Nigerian passport renewal. I am looking to renewal in the US.

Nigeria has 3 embassies in the US; NY,DC and Atlanta. I want to know which one is currently processing the renewal faster. PLEASE YOUR RESPONSE IS MUCH APPRECIATED, would it be too much to also ask for someone's contact at the embassy who could be of assistance.

Thank you!
Re: Nigerian's in USA pls I have few questions to ask you.. by Originalsly: 11:47pm On Nov 05, 2020
Tinyemeka:

What's your take on this?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IPubUIKLzsM

Hmmm..... I hope you're not waiting for a response.
Re: Nigerian's in USA pls I have few questions to ask you.. by Originalsly: 11:53pm On Nov 05, 2020
Kekereekun123:

You don't seem to understand why he opened fire. BTW..... that State people are armed to the teeth and are free to carry weapons. Somebody breaks down your door to enter your apartment.... you are armed and the intruder is most likely armed.... what will you do? Feel free to pretend not to read this.
Re: Nigerian's in USA pls I have few questions to ask you.. by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 06, 2020
Originalsly:

You don't seem to understand why he opened fire. BTW..... that State people are armed to the teeth and are free to carry weapons. Somebody breaks down your door to enter your apartment.... you are armed and the intruder is most likely armed.... what will you do? Feel free to pretend not to read this.
The police is different from "someone". They even announced themselves before entry so what are you saying?

When you open fire on the police, you better be ready to receive anything that comes after that including death!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian's in USA pls I have few questions to ask you.. by Originalsly: 6:49pm On Nov 06, 2020
Activist001:

They even announced themselves before entry so what are you saying?

This is where you got lost... they did not announce themselves. This is nothing new. In the Amadou Diallo case... they drew sympathy claiming one of their squad members was killed by criminal ... a car thief...who opened fire on them. Same thing... .they were undercover... chased after the stolen car... cornered it... drew guns... no badges... never identified themselves..... the thief thought it was the car owner s people... opened fire. ... killed one. Did he know he was shooting at Police? There are several such incidents... they even killed their own detectives... Black of course. Nothing new.
Re: Nigerian's in USA pls I have few questions to ask you.. by Nobody: 7:19pm On Nov 06, 2020
Originalsly:

This is where you got lost... they did not announce themselves. This is nothing new. In the Amadou Diallo case... they drew sympathy claiming one of their squad members was killed by criminal ... a car thief...who opened fire on them. Same thing... .they were undercover... chased after the stolen car... cornered it... drew guns... no badges... never identified themselves..... the thief thought it was the car owner s people... opened fire. ... killed one. Did he know he was shooting at Police? There are several such incidents... they even killed their own detectives... Black of course. Nothing new.
Oga, in the Beronna Taylor's case, they announced themselves before knocking/entry. They didn't even open fire first, the boyfriend did. You have been fed with lies.

Stop this police hate black bullshit. Here is a video explaining what happened, an officer was even shot by the boyfriend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mosPJUu0KNw

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian's in USA pls I have few questions to ask you.. by Originalsly: 7:48pm On Nov 06, 2020
Activist001:

Oga, in the Beronna Taylor's case, they announced themselves before knocking/entry. They didn't even open fire first, the boyfriend did. You have been fed with lies.

Stop this police hate black bullshit. Here is a video explaining what happened, an officer was even shot by the boyfriend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mosPJUu0KNw

Not disputing whether she ran drugs or whatever.... nor the about the activist. Taylor is saying Police will not knock and not announce themselves... that's foolishness and I agree. But... the question is ... did they knock? If yes... giving you the benefit of the doubt.... why would they knock when it was a no knock search warrant? They did exactly what Taylor said they do in a no knock... forced entry... they ran the door. I have personally seen them do that more than once but never knew it was because of no knock warrants. Bear in mind... Taylor is equivalent to an ex SARS ... chew well before swallowing.
Re: Nigerian's in USA pls I have few questions to ask you.. by Nobody: 9:01pm On Nov 06, 2020
Originalsly:

Not disputing whether she ran drugs or whatever.... nor the about the activist. Taylor is saying Police will not knock and not announce themselves... that's foolishness and I agree. But... the question is ... did they knock? If yes... giving you the benefit of the doubt.... why would they knock when it was a no knock search warrant? They did exactly what Taylor said they do in a no knock... forced entry... they ran the door. I have personally seen them do that more than once but never knew it was because of no knock warrants. Bear in mind... Taylor is equivalent to an ex SARS ... chew well before swallowing.
I don't even understand what your saying. Is Taylor not the lady that got killed in the crossfire? What is exSARS and how does it relate to the lady or what we're talking about?
Re: Nigerian's in USA pls I have few questions to ask you.. by Originalsly: 10:50pm On Nov 06, 2020
Activist001:

I don't even understand what your saying. I'd Taylor not the lady that got killed in the crossfire? What is exSARS and how does it relate to the lady or what we're talking about?

grin grin.... sorry!...my mistake!.... somehow thought the video presenter's name was Taylor .... and worse... didn't even consider Breonna's name was also Taylor and that would lead to confusion! CUT.......TAKE TWO. Replace Taylor with Tantum....ACTION!
Re: Nigerian's in USA pls I have few questions to ask you.. by Nobody: 6:09pm On Nov 18, 2020
Originalsly:

grin grin.... sorry!...my mistake!.... somehow thought the video presenter's name was Taylor .... and worse... didn't even consider Breonna's name was also Taylor and that would lead to confusion! CUT.......TAKE TWO. Replace Taylor with Tantum....ACTION!
You're something else walai grin
Re: Nigerian's in USA pls I have few questions to ask you.. by Demonicide(f): 1:53am On Dec 04, 2020
ZIINI:

Well said bro
One reason why I'm giving USA a second thought
I can't go and get killed or arased cause of my skin..
my brother no need to worry, once dem hear your accent them go free you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian's in USA pls I have few questions to ask you.. by Demonicide(f): 2:01am On Dec 04, 2020
ALEX182:

Hahahahaha.

Facing my hustle now.
lol. Them don show you?
Re: Nigerian's in USA pls I have few questions to ask you.. by int0x80(m): 10:54am On Dec 04, 2020
Demonicide:
my brother no need to worry, once dem hear your accent them go free you.
Exactly, twice I have been stopped by police without any problem. The first time, I was doing 80mph on a 40mph road. Once I stopped, I put my hands on the stirring wheel, complied with her and only got a warning. The second time, I almost hit the cop's vehicle on a T-junction. I actually didn't see him coming. When I stopped, I complied with him and he just cautioned me. They know the difference between African immigrants and African Americans! Just obey the law, stay away from troubles and most importantly stay away from African Americans, lots of them are very stupid and lawless.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian's in USA pls I have few questions to ask you.. by optimusprime2(m): 2:03pm On Dec 04, 2020
J111333:
When a cop in the States pulls you over, the way he treats you will be determined by two major things;

1. Your criminal record. Oftentimes they partially run your record before approaching your vehicle.

2. Your reaction when they make the approach.

Nigerian immigrants have respect for cops in the States and most of them are not violent even when they are into criminality. This is why you hardly hear of police brutality in their community.

A Nigerian immigrant with verifiable regular job may never get pulled over by a cop for his entire stay in the States unless he runs red lights and drives excessively fast.

Here is the scenario. When a black American who has history with gun violence, drugs or gangsterism gets pulled over, the cop will always be ready to defend himself. A good number of times, the black man will not only disobey the cop's orders but will also resort to violence and that naturally will make the situation end up ugly.

This is where Whites and Hispanics do better than the blacks. When they are caught or cornered by the cops, they simply give up and obey orders but black Americans will always argue and claim unnecessary rights even when it is obvious that they are on the wrong of the law.

This is my opinion. Eventhough I live in Cotonou, I dey watch American movies. grin

You hit the nail on the balls bro!
When plates are run and the outcome is a notorious hood address and criminal records how dyu expect most police to address the situation... exactly, with a bit of some adrenaline and extra caution.

However when plates are run and its an immigrant file that pops open with legit hussle that shows on your file, they literally know how to address you. Infact from your accent and how you speak they know how to categorise you- if you out there talking with ebonics and all that slang from the hood, police know how to treat your matter. The way I speak to police always brings out a professional response from them.

Look African Americans from the hood, especially those crackhead fellas with their ratchet chics... aswear they aren't normal. I prefer dealing with white people or immigrants any day than most African Americans...especially from the hood. They crazy I tell you. Some things they do make me wonder if there are two African continents, because I can't relate to some forms of being African, despite being African myself.

Check most of the locations of police brutality done to black Americans (although I strongly condemn police brutality) you realise its mostly in the projects or "the hood" rarely done in the suburbs, if done in the suburbs the victims are mostly from the hood.

However there are still some racist police that target black folk tho I won't lie.

#Edited
After all the slap I don collect from Army, Mopol and SARS in Nigeria... please, I know how to adequately humble myself before any law enforcement this world has to offer.
Infact they are usually amused by my level of humility, because I am professionally humble... I was asked to show ID once and I was like "Amen sir!" Brought out even receipts, profiled myself, invited him to church and before doing dobale(which they nearly died of laughter), gave him my pizza I had(appeasing the gods), which liver I get to resist police? if they even catch me sef, I will take broom and sweep police station that is before cooking egusi soup for all the police officers...mheen Naija humbled me seriously. grin

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian's in USA pls I have few questions to ask you.. by Demonicide(f): 5:01pm On Dec 04, 2020
int0x80:
Exactly, twice I have been stopped by police without any problem. The first time, I was doing 80mph on a 40mph road. Once I stopped, I put my hands on the stirring wheel, complied with her and only got a warning. The second time, I almost hit the cop's vehicle on a T-junction. I actually didn't see him coming. When I stopped, I complied with him and he just cautioned me. They know the difference between African immigrants and African Americans! Just obey the law, stay away from troubles and mostly importantly stay away from African Americans, lots of them are very stupid and lawless.
o boy like seriously? 80mph on 40mph road? You get mind I swear. You can only try this in all those bushy towns were folks don't ply too often.
Re: Nigerian's in USA pls I have few questions to ask you.. by Nobody: 5:25pm On Dec 04, 2020
Demonicide:
o boy like seriously? 80mph on 40mph road? You get mind I swear. You can only try this in all those bushy towns were folks don't ply too often.

I was shocked too, Why drive that speedangry
Re: Nigerian's in USA pls I have few questions to ask you.. by int0x80(m): 8:28pm On Dec 04, 2020
Demonicide:
That was very risky and dangerous, I have never tried that again grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian's in USA pls I have few questions to ask you.. by Nobody: 12:25am On Dec 06, 2020
Demonicide:
lol. Them don show you?

We both show ourselves grin grin
Re: Nigerian's in USA pls I have few questions to ask you.. by Nobody: 8:09am On Dec 06, 2020
ALEX182:

We both show ourselves grin grin
Baba gist us na wetin happen
Those people no get Joy grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sean John Wheels by P. Diddy / Best Airports You Have Been To? / Please Help Me Out With Direction In Lagos...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.