Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,074 members, 7,814,722 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

What Nature Did Jesus Use In Defeting The Devil In Hell? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Nature Did Jesus Use In Defeting The Devil In Hell? (1160 Views)

Would Jesus Use Private Jet If He Was Around Today? / Stephanie Rose: I Would Rather Burn In Hell Than Worship A Monster Called God / Did Jesus use Cannabis? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Nature Did Jesus Use In Defeting The Devil In Hell? by inedi: 3:19pm On Mar 12, 2011
the bible lets us know, that when Jesus died he took upon himself sin and became the embodiment of sin, if it was so then what nature did he use in defeating the devil.
Re: What Nature Did Jesus Use In Defeting The Devil In Hell? by ogajim(m): 1:54am On Mar 13, 2011
Maybe you can start by showing us the passages in the Bible where you found this conclusion? Stop regurgitating same lame information you hear or see on the pulpit man.
Re: What Nature Did Jesus Use In Defeting The Devil In Hell? by LoveKing(m): 7:08am On Mar 13, 2011
@op

when Jesus went to hell, that part meant he was buried in the earth, when he defeated the devil meant that he defeated death and ressurected. Ok? so i dont know what nature you are talking about.
Re: What Nature Did Jesus Use In Defeting The Devil In Hell? by Nobody: 7:14am On Mar 13, 2011
^^i think you need to go and edit that sex addiction thread you opened.

just a suggestion.

i wont engage you further on this matter.
Re: What Nature Did Jesus Use In Defeting The Devil In Hell? by LoveKing(m): 7:21am On Mar 13, 2011
tpiah!:

^^i think you need to go and edit that sex addiction thread you opened.

just a suggestion.

i wont engage you further on this matter.

Never!

Nobody can change me, not any Woman,
Re: What Nature Did Jesus Use In Defeting The Devil In Hell? by Joagbaje(m): 1:52am On Mar 14, 2011
inedi:

the bible lets us know, that when Jesus died he took upon himself sin and became the embodiment of sin, if it was so then what nature did he use in defeating the devil.

He defeated the devil as a man. Not as God.
Re: What Nature Did Jesus Use In Defeting The Devil In Hell? by ugo2u(m): 6:02am On Mar 14, 2011
@ Poster

Let me try to explain it in the best way I can.  Adam disobeyed God and sin came, and sin came and  the devil became the accuser knowing fully well that anything with sin cannot enter heaven meaning that is seperated from God. now for justice to take place one must pay for any offence committed, the only way to avoid justice was if another willingly decides to take your place and the person cannot be guilty of the same offence.

so every man on earth was unable to save himself because all man was guilty of sin, Jesus who is without sin is the only candidate for such a heavy price, so he became man by the power of the Holy Spirit came to earth lived 33 yrs and died a shameful death in our place (remember the wages of sin is death) and went to hell for us so that the payment for sin is to be in full.

So as a result we were set free from sin and the devil has no claim over us anymore and we being under the wings of Jesus now have the authority to resist the devil meaning he has lost control over us which is a full defeat if you ask
Re: What Nature Did Jesus Use In Defeting The Devil In Hell? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:53am On Mar 14, 2011
inedi:

Your answer lies here
James 4:7[b] Submit[/b] yourselves, then, to God. Resist [/b]the devil, and he will [b]flee from you.
Re: What Nature Did Jesus Use In Defeting The Devil In Hell? by Azibalua(f): 5:46pm On Mar 14, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

Your answer lies here
James 4:7[b] Submit[/b] yourselves, then, to God. Resist [/b]the devil, and he will [b]flee from you.

How could he have submitted himself to god in he'll, remembering that he died a sinner
Re: What Nature Did Jesus Use In Defeting The Devil In Hell? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:50pm On Mar 14, 2011
Azibalua:

How could he have submitted himself to god in he'll, remembering that he died a sinner

eeerh I don't have the exact details but i suspect the Winchester Brothers (Sam and Dean) do, they know all these things wink

(1) (Reply)

Zimbabwe: Karoi Man Raped At 'snake Point' Nl Religious Majors Any Insights? / Do U Belive In Destiny / And Forty Nights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.