Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,456 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:40 PM

EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers (21087 Views)

Osinbajo: Investments In Youths Will Guarantee Security / GULAK: WE CAN’T GUARANTEE SECURITY OF LIFE…OF ANY IGBO...IN THE NORTH ~ NCM / IGP Calls For An End To Violence Against Law Enforcement Officers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by Donspicey: 8:47am On Nov 02, 2020
Mysticwebb:
Was there any yuletide you guaranteed security in the country?
What you have ever guaranteed during yuletide is the bulging of your pockets from extorting motorists.
What this means is that this yuletide is going to be the best for drivers.
Any of you that goes into arm robbery which is what the just disbanded SARS are capable of doing, will be burnt alive once caught because boys are very hungry and angry.
Don't think you can go into stealing to create high rate of crime to prove you are important, boys will kill any of you caught.

I hear uuuuuuuuu

Boys dey para......

No joy for steet........

Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by jrusky(m): 8:49am On Nov 02, 2020
Oga blame yourself and your unruly officers for the mess. When everybody were shouting police excessiveness where were you? When police gunning down innocent citizen because of N50 pls where were you?

Pls oga police stay in your house we don't need you ok. Then let OPC/ Amotekun, Bakasi Boys return or any formative from the East take over their region and let Fed govt start recruiting new police to start afresh the way it was when we got independence infact that would be the best.

Thank God they have decided to sacked themselves by sitting at home its a good opportunity for Fed govt to get fresh, well mannered and well trained officers not all these N50 bribe killers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by originalprof: 8:51am On Nov 02, 2020
ecomalchemist:

Nigerian Police no Sabi anything about policing.

They are just armed robbers on uniform because me no understand how police officer wey suppose protect you go dey collect N50 from you.

Imagine NYPD cop collecting $20 from you, e go be like comedy to you na.

Dem go dey carry gun of like 900k (AK47) but thier salary na 50k, I hope you can see the disconnect.
JESUS CHRIST
u bad
u just hate them
but na true u talk .... NYPD cop no get collect ..... but naija u must give ooo, no two ways about it USELESS PEOPLE
Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by Yemisi87: 8:52am On Nov 02, 2020
OPC and Amotekun to take over in Yoruba land. No issue at all.

It's even a welcome development as people would be able to drive around freely without extortion.

Federal Government should recruit fresh graduates, give them good orientation as Nigeria police.
Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by Neddstark: 8:52am On Nov 02, 2020
Openbusiness:
Nobody is forcing anyone to do THE WORK THEY ARE PAID to do. If police work don tire some officers, no wahala. Buhari and the National Assembly should legalize guns, we would gladly protect ourselves. Make dem stop to dey use police stop work to threaten us. We know police work is important and indispensable. We need police. We value police. We want police. But if police say dey no want to work again, then Buhari should give us guns make we protect ourselves before criminals start their own madness in society.

Abeg no guns for this part of the world o. Your nearby envious neighbor fit reason your matter then blame Devil after.
Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by Theevilone(m): 8:53am On Nov 02, 2020
Just a one week killing of just about 10 or less police officers dey peper them like this but they have killing the innocent citizens since 1960 and never thought of their dampened morale, thunder fire them

See talk oo as if they have been protecting us, this government sef, how can a commission say they won't resume work who,e they still receive salaries .

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by hardbody: 8:54am On Nov 02, 2020
HitlerGaddafi:
I foresee trouble and a booming rate of armed robbery in the next few months. Alot of rifles were looted from police stations. They have gotten into the wrong hands.

Secondly, there's a saying that you don't know the value of what you have until you lose it. These policemen have left Nigerians to their own fate. Same with the Lastma officials . Lagos State doesn't feel safe anymore.

You cannot lose what you never had. They were never effective so in truth, nothing has or will actually change. Except perhaps they instigate robbery or individually turn robbers. I think they will take the later step when they realize that nothing is happening. We are adults in this country, we can take care of ourselves. In a number of junctions and roundabouts here in VI, it is those challenged guys on rollers that actually manage traffic. These guys should go to hell and stay with the devil. They are sulking like spoilt children because we said their extortion and high handedness is enough. Rubbish.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by Nobody: 8:54am On Nov 02, 2020
Where is Ak sold for 900k?

Gun no dey cost .

Brand new English Ak no fit pass 150k for street, na ammunition dey expensive.

ecomalchemist:

They are just armed robbers on uniform because me no understand how police officer wey suppose protect you go dey collect N50 from you.

Dem go dey carry gun of like 900k (AK47) but thier salary na 50k, I hope you can see the disconnect.
Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by hardbody: 8:55am On Nov 02, 2020
Neddstark:

Abeg no guns for this part of the world o. Your nearby envious neighbor fit reason your matter then blame Devil after.

Then reason his matter first.
Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by hardbody: 8:57am On Nov 02, 2020
ecomalchemist:

The bolded is why SARS collects in minimum of high end 5 digits grin grin grin
Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by jrusky(m): 8:58am On Nov 02, 2020
Yemisi87:
OPC and Amotekun to take over in Yoruba land. No issue at all.

It's even a welcome development as people would be able to drive around freely without extortion.

Well supported.
Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by uchwar1: 9:00am On Nov 02, 2020
*People*: Sir, armed have blocked road. they are robbing people of their belongings. pls hurry up and come and clear the road.

*Police*: End SARS!!! We have reformed Police not to be deceived by the youths. Oga, go and shout endsars to them and they will leave the road

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by Amos1423(m): 9:03am On Nov 02, 2020
We Nigerians have been an endangered specie since we knew Nigeria but they've never been a time the government stopped taxing us which is what you all are being paid with, OUR SWEAT, if you are telling us your employer that you can't continue working for us because of the working conditions then we expect a resignation letter in every of the force headquarters. I know for sure they're thousands of patriotic citizens who'd love to get the work done which is what we are even looking for, besides our plight was for a better welfare for you but since una say dem use suffer swear for una head, make una kukuma resign before December cause for me and my household what we are saying is you can't be paid for a work you're not doing.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by membranus: 9:06am On Nov 02, 2020
Shakara.

What will they eat if they don't return to their work posts?

We all know that their salaries cannot feed them.

Besides if they allow criminals to take over the land, where will they and their families be staying, in the moon? We will be in it together.

They will soon return, that is if they have ever left.

#reformthepolice

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by snipernigga(m): 9:07am On Nov 02, 2020
Good and very good. The Nigerian people and government should use this opportunity to dissolve the police force and draft in the army sharperly. They should contemplate creating a new police force with well paid learned personnel. Meanwhile everyone should get a gun to defend himself, self defense is a fundamental human right.
Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by dplores(m): 9:08am On Nov 02, 2020
HitlerGaddafi:
I foresee trouble and a booming rate of armed robbery in the next few months. Alot of rifles were looted from police stations. They have gotten into the wrong hands.

I dont blame the uniform men. Make God heal the land.
Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by Mycoin(m): 9:08am On Nov 02, 2020
Benin is already a free zone for robbers
Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by romenna: 9:09am On Nov 02, 2020
Idiots.
Go to hell with your extortion and beggerly attitude

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by wingmanIII: 9:12am On Nov 02, 2020
Ok. They should not bother citizens who then decide to arm themselves.
Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by Ojayk(m): 9:12am On Nov 02, 2020
As in,
They should be appeased or what?

If they had not gone beyond the provisions of the laws establishing them, who and why would the protest ever happen?

When their services are done on the highest bidder takes it all.

When they generate revenue not allowed by the law with uniforms and guns meant for non revenue generating MDA's.

Have the society ever protested against them in that manner before since their creation?

How will they arrest someone and empty the persons account and even waste those who refused to comply in some cases.

They should be thankful that the protest sought for an improvement of their welfare package and not leaving them to sought themselves out with their employers.

THEY OWE THE SOCIETY A VERY BIG APOLOGY OH.

Only in Nigeria does the oppressor play the victim card and walks away with it.

#EndSars

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by atiku07(m): 9:19am On Nov 02, 2020
Le124:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/11/endsars-we-cant-guarantee-security-during-yuletide-law-enforcement-officers/

crazy set of people this is an opportunity for the Government to recruit new set of guys that are more matured to do the job abeg recruit graduates and OND holders and do away with those uneducated fools from our road abeg ! atleast an opportunity to modernize the police force to start with
Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by BadBradley: 9:21am On Nov 02, 2020
This is one country that should be wiped off the face of the earth!!!

Instead of the Nigeria police to be ashamed of themselves and make room for open constructive engagement how not to become so publicly hated, they are here practising reverse psychology, albeit in a lame way.

The police have never guaranteed security. Nigeria has been subsidizing security for the government through village vigilantes like water , electricity etc.

The Nigeria police have lost the goodwill of the population. It's time to make amend and initiate town hall meetings and regain public trust, not a time to blackmail the people and look for sympathy.

By statistics, innocent Nigerians die from police murder more than road accident and AIDs combined.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by jesustheissue: 9:23am On Nov 02, 2020
"BECAUSE SENTENCE AGAINST AN EVIL DEED IS NOT EXECUTED SPEEDILY, THE HEART OF THE SONS OF MEN IS FULLY SET TO DO EVIL"
Much as I sympathize with the Police Force at the wanton and gruesome loss of some of their dedicated officers, can it not be that their failure to properly sanction and caution erring officers in their ranks brought us to where we now find ourselves. All manner of extra-judicial killings over all these years as being reported but yet without appropriate measures taken and seen to be taken by the authorities

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by LaReinaa(f): 9:36am On Nov 02, 2020
HitlerGaddafi:

Secondly, there's a saying that you don't know the value of what you have until you lose it. These policemen have left Nigerians to their own fate. Same with the Lastma officials . Lagos State doesn't feel safe anymore.
Lagos State is safe.. no weapon is in the wrong hands!
Enough of the unnecessarily fright.. when has the so called Police ever prevented a robery incident

Aside extortion and bullying, which other work do they do on the road

They can take all the time they want.. we go dey alright Las las grin
Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by Nobody: 9:37am On Nov 02, 2020
[s]
HitlerGaddafi:

[/s] Was there anytime policemen provided security in this country? For your information, most of the robberies is from Nigeria Policemen. You will notice that crime rate has significantly reduced since the beginning of #EndSARS protest. It's because youths have demoralized them.
Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by alizma: 9:40am On Nov 02, 2020
Slawormrs:

We don't need you.
How about your family members?
Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by oladunjoye23936: 9:45am On Nov 02, 2020
Enough of the threats already..Do they protect us before Driving round Lagos yesterday without seeing police officers was very peaceful!We will take care of ourselves as usual and stay safe!
Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by JeffreyJames(m): 9:46am On Nov 02, 2020
See them talking like it was not this same year residents in different areas formed Vigilante groups to protect themselves when the 1million boys were causing trouble. Where were they then? Have the Nigerian Police ever responded to any distress calls? Abeg make them go rest.
Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by Olatunji1929: 9:46am On Nov 02, 2020
Olofin2:

How I wish your as$ is real mehn. Please, I need to learn bombing. Where do I start?
go and meet shekau in sambisa forest

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by djoey89: 9:54am On Nov 02, 2020
The police has caused a lot of heartbreak to families who their loved ones lives were taken unfairly, the families cannot say they wont pay taxes because the government failed them. I condemn the killing but the police has a duty to serve.
Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by Edusouls(m): 10:06am On Nov 02, 2020
Wait when rapists get you then you know you need them, talk sensibly..
Slawormrs:

We don't need you.
Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by Ola14(m): 10:08am On Nov 02, 2020
Slawormrs:

We don't need you.[/quo[quote author=Edusouls post=95593029]Wait when rapists get you then you know you need them, talk sensibly..
te]you must be one of the criminals.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sale Mamman: "I Did Not Collapse, The Doctor Advised Me To Get Some Rest" / AGF Oluwatoyin Madein In Alleged Age Falsification, Bribery - Angry Directors / Boko Haram Razes Five Borno Villages, Inches Closer To Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.