Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,479 members, 7,812,473 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:56 PM

EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers (21088 Views)

Osinbajo: Investments In Youths Will Guarantee Security / GULAK: WE CAN’T GUARANTEE SECURITY OF LIFE…OF ANY IGBO...IN THE NORTH ~ NCM / IGP Calls For An End To Violence Against Law Enforcement Officers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by Edusouls(m): 10:09am On Nov 02, 2020
Shut up, when they were killing and burning police stations, I didn’t hear you, wait all of una go hear am..
smogup:
smiley Buhari and his cohorts in government have failed miserably.

He took an oath upon assumption of office to protect the lives and properties of Nigerians.

He is no where to be found when we need him most.

He is just ghosting the nation for 8 years and disrupting our progress.
Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by omoyeni37: 10:09am On Nov 02, 2020
Please nlders, i know i shouldn't be doing this on a monday morning, but i don't have any other hope again, please i need serious help today, i last ate yesterday morning at church, please i lost my job recently and i have been facing hell ever since then, please any form of assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by Foolishbuhari: 10:14am On Nov 02, 2020
DadojoReloaded:
It's not as if the police have actually been responding to emergency calls. If the police were responding to calls whenever there was a robbery incident going on, we would have been worried about them not being around to protect lives and properties.

Nigerians have always relied on God to protect their lives and properties.

You call police that there is a robbery going on and they start asking stupid and useless questions, by the time you finish answering all their questions the robbers would have finished robbing and left the scene.

When they finally finish your small #100 airtime that you just used in explaining how many robbers and their kind of guns plus the description of your street, they'll tell you that they don't have fuel in their vehicles to come to the scene.

The Nigerian police needs restructuring. #ReformThePolice

You forgot to add that hours after the criminals are long gone, they'd come and do illegal raids of anyone they see on the streets
Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by HenryHill: 10:15am On Nov 02, 2020
Can the Civil Defence Corps take over their duties please?
Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by Nobody: 10:21am On Nov 02, 2020
smogup:
smiley Buhari and his cohorts in government have failed miserably.

He took an oath upon assumption of office to protect the lives and properties of Nigerians.

He is no where to be found when we need him most.

He is just ghosting the nation for 8 years and disrupting our progress.

Get some sense. Was it Buhari that attacked policemen, burnt their station, stole their guns, killed many of them and then forced them to refuse returning to work?

Some of you think you are making sense constantly attacking one individual but you are only showing you are childish and should only discuss with 12 years old kids and under. We need real solutions right now because some of us are adults already seeing and dealing with the consequences of police and LASTMA quiting the streets of Lagos.

Imagine 6 hours sitting in traffic on the same spot. Maybe Buhari caused that as well. The Lagosians now waiting for hours for less BRT buses than the state used to have should also blame PMB and not the unthinking thugs who decided to set many BRT buses on fire. Some of you are just so unthinkingly annoying.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by Sunsets: 10:28am On Nov 02, 2020
It's simple. Quit. Stop collecting salary and insist that you are not gonna work. That's robbery. Exactly what you guys are known for.
Le124:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/11/endsars-we-cant-guarantee-security-during-yuletide-law-enforcement-officers/
Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by dederocs(m): 10:30am On Nov 02, 2020
You guys should stop this, you agreed to do police work, and you are being paid salaries, have your salaries stopped. No one is forcing you to be a police, do your job well, for your salary, pension and previledges. It is shameful for the police to say they can not protect themselves, with their big guns and other equipments...the protest is over, protect yourself, and the public, as you swore to do, be brave...maybe we neeed a better set of officers, those not willing to work, should be given marching orders to resume. Police work is based on heirachy, insurbodination should not be tolerated, they can not blackmail us, do your job or resign. very weak statement from the police.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by Olofin2(m): 10:30am On Nov 02, 2020
Olatunji1929:
go and meet shekau in sambisa forest

Shekau no dey teach people Yahoo na.
Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by Notatribalist(m): 10:32am On Nov 02, 2020
HitlerGaddafi:
I foresee trouble and a booming rate of armed robbery in the next few months. Alot of rifles were looted from police stations. They have gotten into the wrong hands.

Secondly, there's a saying that you don't know the value of what you have until you lose it. These policemen have left Nigerians to their own fate. Same with the Lastma officials . Lagos State doesn't feel safe anymore.
Time for state police. The Nigeria police of today is same with arm robbers. If they had done their work to protect the protesters things wouldn't have degenerated to the level it got to..

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by Nobody: 10:34am On Nov 02, 2020
Edusouls:
Shut up, when they were killing and burning police stations, I didn’t hear you, wait all of una go hear am..

Don't mind them. I even wonder if some of these silly posters live in Nigeria. It is us in Lagos who know we need to be afraid. Very afraid.

Those who thinks the police, consisting of many good and dedicated officers, are the worst individuals to fear in Nigeria are just ignorant.

Lagos literally has millions of cultists, thugs and killer criminals waiting to unleash their years of frustration on comfortable, middle class and wealthy Lagosians.

Those sort are worse than the worst SARS officer in Lagos. Lagosian not religious better join a faith asap and start praying to any God of their choice for help because we are on our own and will be seriously overwhelmed if the police continue their informal strike.

The horrendous looting seen throughout Lagos happened because many police officers simply went home and stayed there.
Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by dederocs(m): 10:41am On Nov 02, 2020
Grayoso:

Don't mind them. I even wonder if some of these silly posters live in Nigeria. It is us in Lagos who know we need to be afraid. Very afraid.

Those who thinks the police, consisting of many good and dedicated officers, are the worst individuals to fear in Nigeria are just ignorant.

Lagos literally has millions of cultists, thugs and killer criminals waiting to unleash their years of frustration on comfortable, middle class and wealthy Lagosians.

Those sort are worse than the worst SARS officer in Lagos. Lagosian not religious better join a faith asap and start praying to any God of their choice for help because we are on our own and will be seriously overwhelmed if the police continue their informal strike.

The horrendous looting seen throughout Lagos happened because many police officers simply went home and stayed there.

The police strike is illegal, insurbodination to higher authority can lead to sack...new recruits should be called in, salaries and welfare/equipments to ensure more protection should be issued.
Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by Indelibleword(m): 11:01am On Nov 02, 2020
Communities should just rise to the occasion and protect their neighborhoods effectively. That will send a strong message to the police force that we are just enduring them. Any serious Govt will take advantage of this situation to overhaul the NPF that people will cherish. These sets of officers had lost it.

I also hope they will not be staging robberies and kidnaps to justify their abscondment from duty.

However, this is not to approve or applaud the killing of police officers. Some of them are dutiful, they have families that are dependent on them. They are human beings also. Condolences to the families that lost their loved ones in the line of duty.

Police Officers who are dutiful and responsible should go back to work and add human relations. During this fracas some police stations were protected from hoodlums by the community, because the DPO of those stations were exceptional. If they fail to return communities should activate their local security networks.
Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by Openbusiness: 11:13am On Nov 02, 2020
Neddstark:

Abeg no guns for this part of the world o. Your nearby envious neighbor fit reason your matter then blame Devil after.
Gun or no gun, wicked people will always be wicked people, evil people will always be evil people. Before guns were invented, people killed people with knifes, before knifes, sharp objects, before sharp objects, bare hands. Without hands sef, some evil people are still using 8G remote control to kill innocent. The battle of good VS evil in this world no be today. But the criminals cannot be armed with guns and good people are armed with toothpicks. I'm not against Police, I support the Police establishment as a fundamental institution of Society but if these ones want to go AWOL on their duty, no wahala. Buhari should give us guns to protect ourselves from criminals. Citizens are using guns in America and if we compare it "statistically" (quote and unquote), America is SAFER than Nigeria.
Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by teelaw4life(m): 11:26am On Nov 02, 2020
HitlerGaddafi:
I foresee trouble and a booming rate of armed robbery in the next few months. Alot of rifles were looted from police stations. They have gotten into the wrong hands.

Secondly, there's a saying that you don't know the value of what you have until you lose it. These policemen have left Nigerians to their own fate. Same with the Lastma officials . Lagos State doesn't feel safe anymore.

Is it that reasoning is a difficult task for you guys?
The Nigerian police get paid from the taxes of citizens...Yet, they turn around to harrass same citizens with guns instead of protecting them.
Now they're saying they won't work because morale is low? How about the govt stops paying them too?
Imagine repercussions if I told FIRS my morale is too low to pay my taxes.

Impunity and rubbish.

The public delivered a verdict on the police and that was the fact that they Were no longer doing their job of protecting citizens. What they need to do is pick up their acts and stop whining like little bitches.
Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by Xano(m): 11:31am On Nov 02, 2020
Rubbish.

Neighborhood watch(security) then, like it's being done in parts of Abj. and Rivers States.
Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by Nobody: 11:32am On Nov 02, 2020
Indelibleword:
Communities should just rise to the occasion and protect their neighborhoods effectively. That will send a strong message to the police force that we are just enduring them. Any serious Govt will take advantage of this situation to overhaul the NPF that people will cherish. These sets of officers had lost it.

I also hope they will not be staging robberies and kidnaps to justify their abscondment from duty.

However, this is not to approve or applaud the killing of police officers. Some of them are dutiful, they have families that are dependent on them. They are human beings also. Condolences to the families that lost their loved ones in the line of duty.

Police Officers who are dutiful and responsible should go back to work and add human relations. During this fracas some police stations were protected from hoodlums by the community, because the DPO of those stations were exceptional. If they fail to return communities should activate their local security networks.

This is better. People should realise that this is about good and bad Nigerians on all sides. The Federal Government should directly reach out to the men of the NPF and put an arm around them.

They are human beings as you said and what happened to them is traumatic. Get them back to work and seriously look at improving , asap, their pay, remuneration package, pension, training, housing needs, working and living conditions so that they can focus on doing their work dutifully as obtains worldwide.

We cannot continue with this unjust system where men of the NPF are paid 60-80k a month to risk their lives and face death daily while Senators pick up 20 million each monthly for doing zilch essentially !!!!!

It is unfair. If not that the conveners of the protests are naive fools, it is the NASS they should have directed protestors to lay siege on till we get fundamental changes from lawmakers.
Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by loswhite(m): 11:37am On Nov 02, 2020
HitlerGaddafi:

They should resign...We don't want lawless police men
Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by composure: 11:43am On Nov 02, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
... Simply put it that you people cannot function well again because the youths are wiser now.

You can't intimidate the youths again or behave anyhow.

Stop the blackmail.

Which foolish wiseness , when senators and honourables are gulping hundreds of millions and milking the country dry, under the very watchful eyes of the youths.

Oga abeg park well
Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 02, 2020
teelaw4life:

Is it that reasoning is a difficult task for you guys?
The Nigerian police get paid from the taxes of citizens...Yet, they turn around to harrass same citizens with guns instead of protecting them.
Now they're saying they won't work because morale is low? How about the govt stops paying them too?
Imagine repercussions if I told FIRS my morale is too low to pay my taxes.

Impunity and rubbish.

The public delivered a verdict on the police and that was the fact that they Were no longer doing their job of protecting citizens. What they need to do is pick up their acts and stop whining like little bitches.

Oga it is enough. Just shut da eff up !!!! It is clear you don't live in Lagos or even in Nigeria with your stupid talk.

Some policemen are terrible but many are good and dutiful also. The fact is that they are all we have for now.

Anybody who truly understands the criminal underbelly of major cities like Lagos will not talk as irresponsibly as you do here. It is your fellow boneheads who convened this #EndSARS protest, with no though for what should come after, who got Nigeria in trouble. Enough of foolish types like you !!!

State Policing is the way forward but we need legislative approval for that and are at least 2 years away from even the richest States, like Lagos, having effective State Police forces.

Till then we must manage what we have in place now. Current approach should be about getting the police back to their duty post and working sincerely to improve on everything they need to help them carry out their work diligently and dutifully.

You people advocating throwing out the baby with the bath water remind me of Kanu urging Nigerian youths to go and die fighting while he has his family safe in the UK.

I would rather manage our flawed Police than have no policing at all against all the hardcore criminals in Lagos I know are looking for opportunities to pounce on anyone with anything of value they can rob.
Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by dederocs(m): 11:47am On Nov 02, 2020
Grayoso:

Get some sense. Was it Buhari that attacked policemen, burnt their station, stole their guns, killed many of them and then forced them to refuse returning to work?

Some of you think you are making sense constantly attacking one individual but you are only showing you are childish and should only discuss with 12 years old kids and under. We need real solutions right now because some of us are adults already seeing and dealing with the consequences of police and LASTMA quiting the streets of Lagos.

Imagine 6 hours sitting in traffic on the same spot. Maybe Buhari caused that as well. The Lagosians now waiting for hours for less BRT buses than the state used to have should also blame PMB and not the unthinking thugs who decided to set many BRT buses on fire. Some of you are just so unthinkingly annoying.
You are right, its sad how some Nigerians think, so many educated yet myopic and mediocre people...Nigeria belongs to us all, not buhari, governors and politicians, let us be objective to save it from collapse.
Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by Nobody: 11:59am On Nov 02, 2020
composure:

Which foolish wiseness , when senators and honourables are gulping hundreds of millions and milking the country dry, under the very watchful eyes of the youths.

Oga abeg park well

Don't mind them. Laying even a months siege on the National assembly home of our legislature would have been a very fruitful game-changer for Nigeria because those greedy buffoon hold the keys to the most transformational tools needed to reform Nigeria once and for all.

How many times has the executive arm tried to reduce the salaries and emoluments of the legislative arm only for such moves to be resisted by the lawmakers themselves? How come these 'wise' youths are not smart enough to see that we even need an #EndNASS protest more than we need most other hashtags?

Cut 80% of the pay package of each senator and rep to plough the amount saved into reforming the NPF and see these same policemen transformed into diligent, dutiful, dashing and happy servants of Nigerians !!!!!

Yet a dumb protest that will only be remembered for deaths, looting and wanton destruction of property they want to pass of as some "youths are now wiser" mantra.

To me the disorganised and hopeless protests, eventually hijacked by thugs and all sorts of politcal/criminal/secessionist opportunists, just show that most Nigerian youths should stick to watching big brother and commenting on Tonto Dike's new lover.
Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by teelaw4life(m): 12:51pm On Nov 02, 2020
Grayoso:

Oga it is enough. Just shut da eff up !!!! It is clear you don't live in Lagos or even in Nigeria with your stupid talk.

Some policemen are terrible but many are good and dutiful also. The fact is that they are all we have for now.

Anybody who truly understands the criminal underbelly of major cities like Lagos will not talk as irresponsibly as you do here. It is your fellow boneheads who convened this #EndSARS protest, with no though for what should come after, who got Nigeria in trouble. Enough of foolish types like you !!!

State Policing is the way forward but we need legislative approval for that and are at least 2 years away from even the richest States, like Lagos, having effective State Police forces.

Till then we must manage what we have in place now. Current approach should be about getting the police back to their duty post and working sincerely to improve on everything they need to help them carry out their work diligently and dutifully.

You people advocating throwing out the baby with the bath water remind me of Kanu urging Nigerian youths to go and die fighting while he has his family safe in the UK.

I would rather manage our flawed Police than have no policing at all against all the hardcore criminals in Lagos I know are looking for opportunities to pounce on anyone with anything of value they can rob.

I appreciate all the foam frothing you've done like a rabbid dog.

I'm very much resident in Lagos. I work and pay my taxes in Lagos. I've been lucky enough to avoid encounters with these criminals in uniform.
But some of my close friends haven't. I have a friend who used to ride Keke napep...He'd complain constantly about police harassment. Having to constantly bail his Keke because a policeman with a gun felt like extortion was his birthright. Do we talk about the ones that force people to the ATM or those that go anout with POS all with the aim of robbing law abiding citizens?

You say just a few police men are bad and I'm telling you that is enough for serious overhaul.

For years, the Nigeria Police Force have behaved like an organized crime unit...extorting, brutalizing and falsely accusing innocent Nigerians with impunity.

And for years, Nigerians cried out in anguish for all that to stop...yet no one listened. Now, that the people have finally said enough with rubbish...Now that the people are saying the police cannot be the armed robbers they were created to fight, they want to lay down tools?

If you can't do your work properly, it's better you stay in your house.

If someone told you half the pilots flying planes at the airport are liable to crash, would you board a plane at the airport with one mind?

I'll never be afraid to demand for better service for the taxes I pay. Maybe it's time for you to demand the same.
Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by King44(m): 1:11pm On Nov 02, 2020
adioolayi:
Can we put Boys scouts and Man'O War on the road please

I am sorry for sounding mean...we just need some neighborhood watch ...so, pending the time they will go and pick their morale where they put am....We can have the Amotekun, Man'O War, Boyscout and OPC ..atleast in Southwest.
[b]this is the way forward besides they shouldn't be paid for the work they did not do, urgent attention should be facused on man o war [/b]etc
Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by Charly68: 1:37pm On Nov 02, 2020
These jokers called police in Naija..have they ever impressed anyone ..they are wicked and not friendly,if you like go on strike till Buhari leaves power and see if people won't protect themselves through local guns and cutlasses
Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by Mrpojj(m): 2:15pm On Nov 02, 2020
Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by b03liberty(m): 2:28pm On Nov 02, 2020
TecM0:
undecided

Na wa, 2020 should just move on real quick

Cultist, 1 million boys, awawa boys, Ritualist, Rapist and Armed robbers be reading this news with special kind of joy, December is a their special promo month.
Na heaven wey want fall... Politicians will not be excluded. Arrant nonsense

Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by shoprite: 2:32pm On Nov 02, 2020
We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers

When have you ever guaranteed security??

Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by Hassanmaye(m): 2:59pm On Nov 02, 2020
BruncleZuma:
Hahahahahahahahahaha make una swerve abeg

[img]https://media1./images/9fbdd86a997599094587fa7759f5c859/tenor.gif[/img]
grin grin grin
Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by King44(m): 3:45pm On Nov 02, 2020
dederocs:

The police strike is illegal, insurbodination to higher authority can lead to sack...new recruits should be called in, salaries and welfare/equipments to ensure more protection should be issued.
in a more working country police will never try that, its just like saying soldiers went on strike or ran away because their men were been killed in battle.

Is this not insubordination?

They had better go on strike and not come back.

When you have a woman in man's clothing heading a force like the NPF what do you expect.

I think they have an agenda.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers by King44(m): 3:50pm On Nov 02, 2020
Grayoso:

when you have incapable hands gvt/a gvt who doesn't listen to people ruling a nation this is what you get.

The gvt can't say people didn't complain enough before it got to this level and even till now what are they doing or what have they effectively done?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

President Buhari Arrives Niger Republic Ahead Of AU Summit (Photos) / Impeachment: Police Beef Up Security In Ekiti / EFCC Arrests BGL Boss, Okumagba Over Alleged N28.9bn Fraud - Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.