Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,091 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Soldiers Seen In A Viral Video Assaulting Oyo State Residents Have Been Arrested - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Seen In A Viral Video Assaulting Oyo State Residents Have Been Arrested (1155 Views)

Niger State Residents Protest High Cost Of Food, Living / Court Rules Residents Have Right To Video, Take Pictures Of Arrests In Public / Bukola Saraki Drives Into Offa Town In Kwara State, Residents Cheer (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldiers Seen In A Viral Video Assaulting Oyo State Residents Have Been Arrested by Nobody: 12:58pm On Nov 02, 2020
A video that went viral yesterday shows some men of the Nigerian army flogging women in Beere in Ibadan, Oyo state for indecent dressing and cutting off hair of some men.

Their arrest was disclosed on Twitter by the Oyo state Commissioner for Youths and Sports, Seun Fakorede.

He tweeted:
My ears are full with news of the unlawful activities of some Soldiers of the Nigerian Army, over the weekend.
I have immediately reached out to the Commandant of the Operation Burst and I've been assured that the men involved in this distasteful operation have been arrested and taken to the barracks — they will be dealt with accordingly. This will not repeat itself again in Oyo State.
Please, kindly go about your daily business and activities without fear. Thank you.
I promised to feed you back. I reached out to the Commandant of Operation Burst, and he assured me that those men involved in that distasteful operation have been arrested and taken to the barracks to be dealt with, accordingly. Good morning!

Watch the video where the soldiers were beating ladies and cutting men hair below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPVf-mmaIOk

https://twitter.com/TheSeunFakorede/status/1323183108275974145

lalasticlala

Re: Soldiers Seen In A Viral Video Assaulting Oyo State Residents Have Been Arrested by Nobody: 12:58pm On Nov 02, 2020
#NewNigeriaLoading

Re: Soldiers Seen In A Viral Video Assaulting Oyo State Residents Have Been Arrested by Liposure: 12:58pm On Nov 02, 2020
Bloody soldiers. When we they start living by example
Re: Soldiers Seen In A Viral Video Assaulting Oyo State Residents Have Been Arrested by content208: 1:00pm On Nov 02, 2020
If this their make-believe arrest has any impact or is real at all, the likes of Dasainthope won't still be boasting about Harrassment and human right abuse. The societal dreg even has the effontry to state that the military doesn't believe in human right.

His comments have shown that the Nigeria armed forces is made up of bullies, touts and thugs with zero honour, dignity or professionalism.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Seen In A Viral Video Assaulting Oyo State Residents Have Been Arrested by TheGreatFinesse: 1:06pm On Nov 02, 2020
Useless country
Re: Soldiers Seen In A Viral Video Assaulting Oyo State Residents Have Been Arrested by chatinent: 1:08pm On Nov 02, 2020
Nna mehn. This is the apogee.
Re: Soldiers Seen In A Viral Video Assaulting Oyo State Residents Have Been Arrested by History555: 1:08pm On Nov 02, 2020
Audio arrest. They told you he was arrested and you are satisfied. Did you see him in handcuffs.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Seen In A Viral Video Assaulting Oyo State Residents Have Been Arrested by Moferere: 1:08pm On Nov 02, 2020
This is the difference between Oyo and Oyigbo.

Argue with your keypad
Re: Soldiers Seen In A Viral Video Assaulting Oyo State Residents Have Been Arrested by Camelot65: 1:08pm On Nov 02, 2020
stupid and irresponsible acts by some nigerian soldiers make people lose respect for them........They should learn from their counterparts undecidedundecided
Re: Soldiers Seen In A Viral Video Assaulting Oyo State Residents Have Been Arrested by Moferere: 1:09pm On Nov 02, 2020
saaphiere:
#NewNigeriaLoading

Chai, he wyre her yansh
Re: Soldiers Seen In A Viral Video Assaulting Oyo State Residents Have Been Arrested by Fash20: 1:19pm On Nov 02, 2020
God knows I won't allow an illiterate soldier to dehumanize me like this.

The moment a soldier or a police man to decide to dehumanize me like this, I will instantly show them that we are both human and they are not superhuman.

You dehumanize them and still rob them. Can you imagine?
Re: Soldiers Seen In A Viral Video Assaulting Oyo State Residents Have Been Arrested by slimfit1(m): 1:24pm On Nov 02, 2020
It's a lie we know when they arrest a soldier. We shall believe when he ends up in a court. However, the other soldiers who didn't stop him should face the same charges.The other soldiers look on while the other is committing a serious offence.The soldiers failed to understand that when people revolt we won't care if they are kind person or not.
If #Endsars police report their colleagues and stop them instead of looking we won't be here.

Nigerian soldiers failed to understand that they are not special,to make a gun is not that difficult anymore just go online you can even print it. The only thing that makes them different from us is training which is not that special as we can see.

Otherwise, people will become snipers and start shooting soldiers from distance whenever they are on the street. This is what I see because people are tired and feed up of people that feels like they can do whatever they want to intimidate people. Some people are smarter than book haram don't think we are scared because the moment that goes away they are finished.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Seen In A Viral Video Assaulting Oyo State Residents Have Been Arrested by tunjion: 1:27pm On Nov 02, 2020
Wat he really want to do is rape her.

If war start or people are not around, dat is wat he will do.
Re: Soldiers Seen In A Viral Video Assaulting Oyo State Residents Have Been Arrested by slimfit1(m): 1:45pm On Nov 02, 2020
His colleagues should be arrested as well for not defending the woman or stopping the abuse.
Its have gone beyond telling us he has been arrested.
Re: Soldiers Seen In A Viral Video Assaulting Oyo State Residents Have Been Arrested by bcomputer101: 1:54pm On Nov 02, 2020
Ogo ni fun Oluwa loke orun
Re: Soldiers Seen In A Viral Video Assaulting Oyo State Residents Have Been Arrested by Mayng01(m): 2:03pm On Nov 02, 2020
Nigeria must change for better by fire by force. That serves them right, please, dear military, persecute & jail them. Don’t just end it on arrest
Re: Soldiers Seen In A Viral Video Assaulting Oyo State Residents Have Been Arrested by DasaintHope(m): 2:41pm On Nov 02, 2020
content208:
If this their make-believe arrest has any impact or is real at all, the likes of Dasainthope won't still be boasting about Harrassment and human right abuse. The societal dreg even has the effontry to state that the military doesn't believe in human right.

His comments have shown that the Nigeria armed forces is made up of bullies, touts and thugs with zero honour, dignity or professionalism.
Re: Soldiers Seen In A Viral Video Assaulting Oyo State Residents Have Been Arrested by DasaintHope(m): 2:43pm On Nov 02, 2020
content208:

in every profession they are bad eggs. God knows I have never found pleasure or unnecessarily harass a civilian. You misbehave and buy my job, you serve it. Outside that I don't even have time for civilians. The social media has succeeded in painting the honorable profession black. God luck with your assumptions.
PS: Do you stay around Lagos? Let's meet one on one
I'd like to clear your misconception, the pun unintended grin
content208:

in every profession they are bad eggs. God knows I have never found pleasure or unnecessarily harass a civilian. You misbehave and buy my job, you serve it. Outside that I don't even have time for civilians. The social media has succeeded in painting the honorable profession black. God luck with your assumptions.
PS: Do you stay around Lagos? Let's meet one on one
I'd like to clear your misconception, the pun unintended
Re: Soldiers Seen In A Viral Video Assaulting Oyo State Residents Have Been Arrested by Gondonu: 2:50pm On Nov 02, 2020
Does these lawless men in uniform always think about the consequences of their activities in public? What they are doing is not their calling but abuse of the uniform.Go to Sambisa.
Re: Soldiers Seen In A Viral Video Assaulting Oyo State Residents Have Been Arrested by Fahdiga(m): 2:53pm On Nov 02, 2020
A case of arrest in the open and release behind closed doors
Re: Soldiers Seen In A Viral Video Assaulting Oyo State Residents Have Been Arrested by olapitan83789: 3:01pm On Nov 02, 2020
Audio arrest. They told you he was arrested and you are satisfied. Did you see him in handcuffs.
Re: Soldiers Seen In A Viral Video Assaulting Oyo State Residents Have Been Arrested by SifonAbasi(f): 6:48pm On Nov 02, 2020
saaphiere:
A video that went viral yesterday shows some men of the Nigerian army flogging women in Beere in Ibadan, Oyo state for indecent dressing and cutting off hair of some men.

Their arrest was disclosed on Twitter by the Oyo state Commissioner for Youths and Sports, Seun Fakorede.

He tweeted:

Watch the video where the soldiers were beating ladies and cutting men hair below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPVf-mmaIOk

https://twitter.com/TheSeunFakorede/status/1323183108275974145

lalasticlala
Why are we not always seeing photos and videos of them being arrested?

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Government better than Obasanjo government / Lagos St Approved NIN Enrollment Center / 2023: Tinubu More Popular In The North Than South – Adefuye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.