Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,154 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

Why Is Abortion Legal? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Is Abortion Legal? (758 Views)

Is Abortion Murder? / Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? / Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Abortion Legal? by BABE3: 9:47pm On Mar 12, 2011
So, this question bugs the heck out of my mind---Why do we(humans), decide when Human life IS Human life? Why is Killing a 30 year old woman a homicide, and killing a 5 day old zygote isn't, ?
Opinions! Opinions! Opinions! smiley

PS: this is actually a research paper, so i need tangible contributions, thanks!
Re: Why Is Abortion Legal? by mamagee3(f): 9:54pm On Mar 12, 2011
Some countries say even though it's wrong, it's not a crime. . .

But, I personally think it should be considerel illegal and a crime against humanity.

But my opinion won't make a difference, will it? undecided
Re: Why Is Abortion Legal? by BABE3: 9:59pm On Mar 12, 2011
mama-gee:

Some countries say even though it's wrong, it's not a crime. . .

But, I personally think it should be considerel illegal and a crime against humanity.

But my opinion won't make a difference, will it? undecided

your opinion matters to me abeg, i will be writing a paper cheesy,
Re: Why Is Abortion Legal? by mamagee3(f): 10:07pm On Mar 12, 2011
BABE!:

your opinion matters to me abeg, i will be writing a paper cheesy,
A research paper? undecided
Re: Why Is Abortion Legal? by Genius100: 10:16pm On Mar 12, 2011
BABE!:

So, this question bugs the heck out of my mind---Why do we(humans), decide when Human life IS Human life? Why is Killing a 30 year old woman a homicide, and killing a 5 day old zygote isn't, ?
Opinions! Opinions! Opinions! smiley

PS: this is actually a research paper, so i need tangible contributions, thanks!

Just playing devil's advocate, but why stop at a 5 day zygote? By using condoms are you also killing future offsprings? grin
Re: Why Is Abortion Legal? by BABE3: 10:24pm On Mar 12, 2011
mama-gee:

A research paper? undecided

Yes darling, an ethical topic,

Genius100:

Just playing devil's advocate, but why stop at a 5 day zygote? By using condoms are you also killing future offsprings?  grin

Good question Love, dats a good one, Touche!, should using a condom be illegal?, lol,
Re: Why Is Abortion Legal? by mamagee3(f): 10:32pm On Mar 12, 2011
^^You can do your research on google!

It's faster and easier.
Re: Why Is Abortion Legal? by BABE3: 10:40pm On Mar 12, 2011
mama-gee:

^^You can do your research on google!

It's faster and easier.

lol, I know that, but i prefer this method, rather, both.
Re: Why Is Abortion Legal? by Genius100: 10:51pm On Mar 12, 2011
BABE!:

Yes darling, an ethical topic,

Good question Love, dats a good one, Touche!, should using a condom be illegal?, lol,

I think the argument usually made by Pro-choice advocates is "viability" i.e. as long as the baby is unable to survive on its own outside the body, then it's should be regarded as part of the woman and thus, the woman should be able to make a choice on her body,
Re: Why Is Abortion Legal? by BABE3: 10:57pm On Mar 12, 2011
yh, i hear that a lot, but, still, its a potential baby,
thanks though, GeniuS. grin
Re: Why Is Abortion Legal? by Blazay(m): 11:23pm On Mar 12, 2011
May abortions continue to be legal.
People need to learn how to perform abortions without missing some parts.
Too many partial-births walking around.
You can most-def tell the brains were aborted successfully, while the other parts of the body escaped the vacuum extractor or the illicit concoction used.
You know some people like to use 'kain-kain' for abortion too. grin
Re: Why Is Abortion Legal? by BABE3: 11:58pm On Mar 12, 2011
Aight!
Re: Why Is Abortion Legal? by cold(m): 12:03am On Mar 13, 2011
And who are you or anyone for that matter to decide whether a woman wants to keep a baby or not
Re: Why Is Abortion Legal? by BABE3: 12:07am On Mar 13, 2011
cold:

And who are you or anyone for that matter to decide whether a woman wants to keep a baby or not

Woahhhh!!!!Cold, u came off so cold!!!, lol
I never said I wanted to decide whether a woman wants to keep her baby or not. My question was what is the difference between the value of life of a grown a-s-s man and a two weeks old baby grin
Re: Why Is Abortion Legal? by bashr4: 1:24am On Mar 13, 2011
if we determine a fetus is growing abnormally in the womb then it should be aborted cus the baby is still goin to die or even cause death of the mother. you dont want to have a child with only one eye or one leg or cojoined twins do you?

secondly incases of rape and incest abortion are legal cus the birth of that baby could have a life long phsychological impact on both child and family which could still leads to other sad event s that could lead to death of someone.

(1) (Reply)

Comfort At 10pm To 6am Daily / If You Could Go Back In Time... / A Matter Of Communication - How Do I Talk To My Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.