Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,921 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:32 PM

NAF Did Not Receive Any ‘Rescue Calls’ Regarding Attack On Borno Village - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NAF Did Not Receive Any ‘Rescue Calls’ Regarding Attack On Borno Village (13058 Views)

ISWAP Distributes Old Naira Notes To Passengers On Borno Highway / Hunters Kill A Lion In Borno Village As Residents Return To Abandoned Villages / Boko Haram Burnt Takulashi, Borno Village After Air Force ‘Ignored Rescue Call’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NAF Did Not Receive Any ‘Rescue Calls’ Regarding Attack On Borno Village by GreatResearcher: 12:53am On Nov 03, 2020
Earlier thread that claimed NAF ignored rescue call: https://www.nairaland.com/6222327/boko-haram-burnt-takulashi-borno

NAF DID NOT RECEIVE ANY ‘RESCUE CALLS’ REGARDING ATTACK ON BORNO VILLAGE ON 1 NOVEMBER 2020

The attention of the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has been drawn to a publication in an online platform alleging that it “did not respond to calls for support when suspected Boko Haram insurgents attacked Takulashi Village in Shikarkir Ward, Chibok Local Government Area (LGA) of Borno State in the morning of Sunday, 1 November 2020”; an information which the report alleges it obtained from supposed “military sources”. The NAF wishes to state that there is absolutely no iota of truth in the spurious allegations. Indeed, we ordinarily would not have responded to such baseless, unfounded allegations but for the need to set the record straight as well as reaffirm the NAF’s unflinching commitment to ensuring the security of Nigeria and Nigerians, wherever they may reside in the Country.

For the avoidance of doubt, it must be stated that the NAF did not receive any call for support regarding an attack at Takulashi Village in Chibok LGA on 1 November 2020. Had any such report been received, the NAF, in its characteristic responsiveness, would have certainly taken appropriate action. Indeed, the report rightly remarked that “if air support came on time, one or two air strikes would have decimated them”. However, no request in this regard was made to the Air Task Force of Operation LAFIYA DOLE (ATF OPLD) on the said date. Accordingly, it was very wrong of the report to state, without any basis, that the NAF ‘ignored rescue calls’.

It is pertinent to highlight that the NAF, through the ATF OPLD, has flown over 26,000 hours of Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) and air interdiction missions as well as close air support missions in support of Operation LAFIYA DOLE in the last 5 years. The NAF has been working ‘hand-in-glove’ with other security agencies and has a crop of well-trained, highly-motivated young pilots that are ever ready and willing to respond to emergencies, whenever called upon. Hence, it is utterly ludicrous to insinuate that the NAF would fail to respond to any such situation, if called upon. The general public is therefore enjoined to discountenance the evidently false report.

It is equally disingenuous of the online medium to refer to an isolated incident that had its peculiar nuances of predisposition to collateral damage as a basis for justifying their blatantly false claims. This smacks of gross unprofessionalism and obvious deliberate intent at mischief.

The NAF, as a professional and disciplined force, has and will continue to do its utmost to ensure the security of Nigeria and Nigerians across the Country. We remain resolute in performing our function and will continue to work in synergy with other security agencies to rid the Country of insurgents. Hence, we will not be distracted by such evidently orchestrated attempts to tarnish the hard-earned, good image of the Service.

IBIKUNLE DARAMOLA
Air Commodore
Director of Public Relations & Information
Nigerian Air Force
2 November 2020

https://www.facebook.com/hqnigerianairforce/photos/a.1739141349632142/2742359735976960/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NAF Did Not Receive Any ‘Rescue Calls’ Regarding Attack On Borno Village by Rikze: 10:23am On Nov 03, 2020
I was very close to my first ever Ftc. But you stole my "Ftc". Why?

Modified: Just because you want to post a woman that is smiling shebi?
Make I no vex angry for you ooo

But I forgive you, lemme manage my first "Stc". Half bread is better
than...

You know the rest!

Peace!!!

Fowlekpee:
G

3 Likes

Re: NAF Did Not Receive Any ‘Rescue Calls’ Regarding Attack On Borno Village by slawormiir: 10:23am On Nov 03, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright....
The niggarrrr above me....

Unending ranting because of ftc

I dey shame for you

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAF Did Not Receive Any ‘Rescue Calls’ Regarding Attack On Borno Village by dan55: 10:23am On Nov 03, 2020
Lol
Re: NAF Did Not Receive Any ‘Rescue Calls’ Regarding Attack On Borno Village by lekki1444: 10:24am On Nov 03, 2020
cheesy
Re: NAF Did Not Receive Any ‘Rescue Calls’ Regarding Attack On Borno Village by tradebot: 10:24am On Nov 03, 2020
Oga airforce what is the meaning of surveillance?

11 Likes

Re: NAF Did Not Receive Any ‘Rescue Calls’ Regarding Attack On Borno Village by pickatyou2: 10:24am On Nov 03, 2020
If I kamot una teeth just now.

For your car tracking services and installation, check my signature.

2 Likes

Re: NAF Did Not Receive Any ‘Rescue Calls’ Regarding Attack On Borno Village by tammie24: 10:24am On Nov 03, 2020
Funny people

Thank God Trump didn't have to rely on the Nigerian government to rescue his people

Very sure the government didn't even know what had happened on their soil till everything was done

If not for the fact that Trump is in charge

By now the whole country would have been taken over by fulani

27 Likes

Re: NAF Did Not Receive Any ‘Rescue Calls’ Regarding Attack On Borno Village by positivelord: 10:24am On Nov 03, 2020
This country tire pesin....attack that lasted several hours

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAF Did Not Receive Any ‘Rescue Calls’ Regarding Attack On Borno Village by Jwonder(m): 10:24am On Nov 03, 2020
Okay agreed you didn’t receive any call, but don’t you guys have any form of intelligence on ground to know when an attack is going on??

This is 2020 for God’s sake and we still act like backward people, there’s no form of intelligence gathering, all we do is wait for these terrorist to attack before reacting, can we start carrying out major offensive attack (air and ground) on the areas known to be terrorist stronghold.

Flush these monsters out of our lands the same way the Chadian army did.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAF Did Not Receive Any ‘Rescue Calls’ Regarding Attack On Borno Village by tammie24: 10:24am On Nov 03, 2020
Once they say it

You just have to take it

You can't challenge them

Even if you have evidence

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAF Did Not Receive Any ‘Rescue Calls’ Regarding Attack On Borno Village by Kingpele(m): 10:24am On Nov 03, 2020
Keep quiet ,your mates flown all the way from USA to rescue one citizen,they gathered their own intelligence and moved to rescue one citizen but u guys will wait for those in distress in your own territory to call u first before you come to their rescue yet you form superman when u are in our midst ,I know that las las Africa military are the worst of it kind around the globe

16 Likes

Re: NAF Did Not Receive Any ‘Rescue Calls’ Regarding Attack On Borno Village by dynicks(m): 10:24am On Nov 03, 2020
Like a friend of mine suggested here , if u desire for an immediate response from the military or any security operative in this country, then pass the call saying that a group of bloody UNARMED civilians or groups are gathering or meeting together or even protesting against buhari!....then believe u me, u would be shocked to discover that even the security operatives lives right at your backyard!...

27 Likes

Re: NAF Did Not Receive Any ‘Rescue Calls’ Regarding Attack On Borno Village by DoctorDree(m): 10:24am On Nov 03, 2020
Nigeria my country,una weldone!!!

1 Like

Re: NAF Did Not Receive Any ‘Rescue Calls’ Regarding Attack On Borno Village by SpatialKing(m): 10:24am On Nov 03, 2020
Must you wait until you receive calls.. Can't you be proactive what's the function of your intelligence units

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAF Did Not Receive Any ‘Rescue Calls’ Regarding Attack On Borno Village by IdontGivAfuck: 10:25am On Nov 03, 2020
Well , you know what I want to say but I shall leave that alone

After all he isn't from Akwa Ibom so we can trust his words
Re: NAF Did Not Receive Any ‘Rescue Calls’ Regarding Attack On Borno Village by DoctorDree(m): 10:25am On Nov 03, 2020
Every body just dey scope each other

2 Likes

Re: NAF Did Not Receive Any ‘Rescue Calls’ Regarding Attack On Borno Village by SAMBARRY: 10:25am On Nov 03, 2020
Shamelessness lipsrsealed

Chief executive officer of excuses lipsrsealed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAF Did Not Receive Any ‘Rescue Calls’ Regarding Attack On Borno Village by Omezif(m): 10:25am On Nov 03, 2020
There's no other thing they would have say without this accompany with a considerable lie.

1 Like

Re: NAF Did Not Receive Any ‘Rescue Calls’ Regarding Attack On Borno Village by Nobody: 10:26am On Nov 03, 2020
GreatResearcher:
Earlier thread that claimed NAF ignored rescue call: https://www.nairaland.com/6222327/boko-haram-burnt-takulashi-borno

https://www.facebook.com/hqnigerianairforce/photos/a.1739141349632142/2742359735976960/

Everyone under buhari has now been possessed by the spirit of Lie Mohammed. Shamelessness at its peak.

1 Like

Re: NAF Did Not Receive Any ‘Rescue Calls’ Regarding Attack On Borno Village by tammie24: 10:26am On Nov 03, 2020
This is how they finished up Agatu people

Now Fulani has take over the place

Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: NAF Did Not Receive Any ‘Rescue Calls’ Regarding Attack On Borno Village by Sonnobax15(m): 10:26am On Nov 03, 2020
tongue. Na true.....very true indeed......in fact,they called a wrong line

infact,they didn't only receive any call,the number they called was also out-of-reach......

but if it was a call directing them to the south,na once the call go go through...

stoopid NAF

1 Like

Re: NAF Did Not Receive Any ‘Rescue Calls’ Regarding Attack On Borno Village by GreatResearcher: 10:26am On Nov 03, 2020
i don't know how much TheCable was paid to spread that fake news.
Re: NAF Did Not Receive Any ‘Rescue Calls’ Regarding Attack On Borno Village by aleeyus(m): 10:26am On Nov 03, 2020
pickatyou2:
If I kamot una teeth just now.

For your car tracking services and installation, check my signature.

Seconded grin
Re: NAF Did Not Receive Any ‘Rescue Calls’ Regarding Attack On Borno Village by mrkings84(m): 10:26am On Nov 03, 2020
Hahaha....
I laff in Swazilli.. Attack that we learnt lasted for hours... Nigerian forces anyway, always good at combating with armless civilians.

NEXT TIME YOU GUYS SHOULD CALL THE US SPECIAL FORCES (US NAVY SEALs) and watch them get to Nigeria in minutes.....

2 Likes

Re: NAF Did Not Receive Any ‘Rescue Calls’ Regarding Attack On Borno Village by Natural441(m): 10:26am On Nov 03, 2020
This country self lie don dey too much
Re: NAF Did Not Receive Any ‘Rescue Calls’ Regarding Attack On Borno Village by Rebuke: 10:26am On Nov 03, 2020
Hh
Re: NAF Did Not Receive Any ‘Rescue Calls’ Regarding Attack On Borno Village by Nobody: 10:26am On Nov 03, 2020
Bunch of bst

I hope Burutai is still in Borno state because he promised not to leave there till Boko haram are overpowered some months back.

1 Like

Re: NAF Did Not Receive Any ‘Rescue Calls’ Regarding Attack On Borno Village by Rebuke: 10:26am On Nov 03, 2020
Hmmm. The scarcity of truth in today Nigeria is just too scary.

Honesty is almost lost in any sector in Nigeria. Sorry NAF but I don't believe yhur claim.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

GEJ Smiling With Sultan After Meeting On Boko Haram. Pic / 35 Police Officers Missing After Borno Insurgency Attack / Photo- Speak: Events That Defined Jonathan/P.D.P Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.