Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,210 members, 7,829,344 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Daniel Booed At Pdp Rally - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Daniel Booed At Pdp Rally (546 Views)

Serikae Dickson Booed At Jonathan's Campaign Rally In Bayelsa / Patience Jonathan's Alleged Campaign Speech At PDP Rally In Rivers / Vice President Sambo Booed At Emir Of Zazzau 40th Anniversary Ceremony In Zaria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Daniel Booed At Pdp Rally by stormm: 9:48am On Mar 13, 2011
It was humiliation all the way for Governor Gbenga Daniel yesterday at the Goodluck Jonathan/Sambo presidential rally in Abeokuta.

Members of the Ogun State crisis-ridden Peoples Democratic Party [PDP] booed the governor repeatedly each time his name was mentioned by dignitaries.

The party members in their thousands who seemed to be gloating over Daniel’s loss of grip over Ogun PDP and his subsequent pleading with former President Olusegun Obasanjo for forgiveness on Friday, felt repulsed whenever his presence was acknowledged by speakers during the event at MKO Stadium, Kuto, the venue of the rally.

Daniel who sat near the quartet of President Goodluck Jonathan, his Vice, Arch. Namadi Sambo, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo and Speaker Dimeji Bankole, was speechless as the booing and jeering intensified.

It began when the National Publicity Secretary of the party, Professor Ahmed Akhali, began to reel out names of great sons of Ogun state and their contributions to nation-building. But when he mentioned Daniel in acknowledgment of his office and position in the state, the people spontaneously booed him.

When it became unbearable by 4:12pm, Obasanjo mounted the podium to address the rally. The former President had to plead with the people to spare Daniel of any “booing,” saying they “should not pay” the Governor “in his own coin”.

“Today Otunba Gbenga Daniel is the Governor of Ogun State. He must be accorded respect no matter whatever he has done. Don’t pay him in his own coin. I take serious objection to your booing him when his name is called.

“What you have done now is uncalled for; it does not matter what Governor Gbenga Daniel might have done or about to do, in Yorubaland, we must respect age and authorities. If you are not a bastard, if you see an elderly person, you respect him. Until the 29th of May, Governor Gbenga Daniel remains the governor of this state. He must be accorded the respect, dignity, and the honour that he deserves. If I did not come here and say it, I would be failing in my duty.

“If he does not give anyone that respect, we don’t pay him in his own coin. You must show that you are well-bred. I take serious objection to you booing him here when his name is called and that should not be done,” he said.

But for last Friday’s reconciliation meeting, Governor Daniel had planned to stay away from the Presidential campaign in the state to avoid being booed if he appeared alone. It was also feared that he went with his supporters there might be a clash with those of the Obasanjo camp.

President Jonathan reportedly insisted on Daniel’s presence to avoid sending wrong signals since he (Daniel) is his Southwest campaign coordinator.

Obasanjo further enjoined the people to be laughing in joy rather than booing the governor because, until a few days, back none of them knew whether President Jonathan would visit the state or that Ogun PDP would have a governorship candidate for April election due to the rift within the party.

http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news/30616.html
Re: Daniel Booed At Pdp Rally by Lawalemi(m): 9:24pm On Mar 13, 2011
not unexpected!!!
Re: Daniel Booed At Pdp Rally by Pukkah: 9:52pm On Mar 13, 2011
I have said it, this is the political end of Mr Daniel. I still can't fathom what he hoped to gain from the truce - a federal appointment?
Re: Daniel Booed At Pdp Rally by redsun(m): 9:53pm On Mar 13, 2011
Good, that guy is scumbag.He is obviously a man of no principles,bowing for evil. Not even as a biological father obj is good.Obj is d total opposite of good.

(1) (Reply)

I Am Back In Politics Section. . .where Is Beaf? Is GEJ really the best? / So Jonathan Is This Corrupt? / Something To Ponder At: For The Bb011 Fans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.