Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,543 members, 7,827,027 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

Buhari's Manifesto That I Cherish Most: Please Read - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Manifesto That I Cherish Most: Please Read (1175 Views)

Buhari's Manifesto Vs Jonathan's Manifesto / APC Manifesto Spending Plan To Cost N53trn Over Four Years - Business Day / The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari's Manifesto That I Cherish Most: Please Read by maimalari: 10:23am On Mar 13, 2011
We will initiate policies to ensure that Nigerians
are free to live and work in any part of the
country, by removing state of origin, tribe,
ethnic and religious affiliations and replace
those with state of residence.
Re: Buhari's Manifesto That I Cherish Most: Please Read by 9ijaMan: 10:27am On Mar 13, 2011
That's the unique character he has.
Different from some who have consistently used religion and ethnicity as divisive weapons to gain support of fools who are unable to see beyond their nose.
Re: Buhari's Manifesto That I Cherish Most: Please Read by Udevex: 10:32am On Mar 13, 2011
As you must have heard in the previous announcement, the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (1979) has been suspended, except those sections of it which are exempted in the constitution.

- General Buhari (coup speech)

http://www.citizensfornigeria.com/library/speeches/1215-coup-speech-of-major-general-ibrahim-babangida-august-27-1985

LOL!
Re: Buhari's Manifesto That I Cherish Most: Please Read by obailala(m): 12:04pm On Mar 13, 2011
With the scary level of polarization we have degenerated to in this country, I doubt if this will ever work. There are certain things that can never be reversed hence we should try as hard as possible to prevent them starting.
Re: Buhari's Manifesto That I Cherish Most: Please Read by saintneo(m): 12:16pm On Mar 13, 2011
How will people who are not of Igbo origin react? There is always a tendency of other tribe not feeling comfortable when Igbo people are working (not trading) in their governments. This issue was one of the reason why the pogroms occurred in the 60s and eventually led to civil war.

This is not going to be easy; however, if Buhari has a workable roadmap for this idea, I think it will resolve a lot of issues.
Re: Buhari's Manifesto That I Cherish Most: Please Read by efisher(m): 12:20pm On Mar 13, 2011
Good idea but for the next generation grin grin grin
Re: Buhari's Manifesto That I Cherish Most: Please Read by 9ijaMan: 2:40pm On Mar 13, 2011
efisher:

Good idea but for the next generation grin grin grin
Surely for the next generation but we need to start working towards it from now.
Re: Buhari's Manifesto That I Cherish Most: Please Read by Nobody: 2:50pm On Mar 13, 2011
This Ayotallah Bin Buhari would soon promise to make Nigerians go for holiday in Space every 6 months just because he want to be president.Bloody liar!!! Na today?
Re: Buhari's Manifesto That I Cherish Most: Please Read by aduboy(m): 2:53pm On Mar 13, 2011
This is a perfect plan for the future generation of Nigerians. A world where opportunities are open to all Nigerians irrespective of their tribe,religion or gender. Am begining to appriciate Buhari. Even if he doesn't win, GEJ or whoever leads should implement this idea as it will serve perfectly for our national interest at the long run.
Re: Buhari's Manifesto That I Cherish Most: Please Read by unipol(m): 9:33pm On Mar 13, 2011
a very good ideal
Re: Buhari's Manifesto That I Cherish Most: Please Read by 9ijaMan: 10:06pm On Mar 13, 2011
Ozin:

This Ayotallah Bin Buhari would soon promise to make Nigerians go for holiday in Space every 6 months just because he want to be president.Bloody liar!!! Na today?

Why do you keep making a BIG fool out of yourself. Buhari's promise has been consistent across the nation in all his campaign. Broda Jona has been making different promises at every campaign he attends. Each state has it's own list of campaign promise from GEJ. So if there is anyone promising a moon trip, it surely would be GEJ.
Re: Buhari's Manifesto That I Cherish Most: Please Read by Udevex: 10:18pm On Mar 13, 2011
9ijaMan:

Why do you keep making a BIG fool out of yourself. Buhari's promise has been consistent across the nation in all his campaign. Broda Jona has been making different promises at every campaign he attends. Each state has it's own list of campaign promise from GEJ. So if there is anyone promising a moon trip, it surely would be GEJ.

The difference with GEJ, is that he tells you exactly how he plans to finance his words and the exact steps he will take to acheive them. For example, here is the minute detail for the power sector roadmap, http://www.nigeriapowerreform.org/rokdownloads/Roadmap%20for%20Power%20Sector%20Reform%20Full%20Version.pdf
For his promise that for the first time in its history, Nigeria will actively fund public and private sector research to set our foot firmly on the development ladder, GEJ has shown where the money will come from; 1% of our GDP will be set aside for Research and Development.

The fact that GEJ has made campaign promises targetted at each region and LGA only goes to show a deep knowledge of the country and a sensitivity to local probems, no matter how far flung the area.

GEJ's promises are not pie in the sky, "I will aircondition your village" type promises, unlike his opponents.
Re: Buhari's Manifesto That I Cherish Most: Please Read by 9ijaMan: 10:20pm On Mar 13, 2011
U de vex?:

The difference with GEJ, is that he tells you exactly how he plans to finance his words and the exact steps he will take to acheive them. For example, here is the minute detail for the power sector roadmap, http://www.nigeriapowerreform.org/rokdownloads/Roadmap%20for%20Power%20Sector%20Reform%20Full%20Version.pdf
For his promise that for the first time in its history, Nigeria will actively fund public and private sector research to set our foot firmly on the development ladder, GEJ has shown where the money will come from; 1% of our GDP will be set aside for Research and Development.

The fact that GEJ has made campaign promises targetted at each region and LGA only goes to show a deep knowledge of the country and a sensitivity to local probems, no matter how far flung the area.
You just accused someone of promising the moon and when you got caught pants down you are now trying very lamely to make a sense out of your folly. Abeg mention only one promise GEJ has made in his 12 years in government which he has duly fulfilled. Just one!
Re: Buhari's Manifesto That I Cherish Most: Please Read by Kobojunkie: 10:23pm On Mar 13, 2011
U de vex?:

http://www.citizensfornigeria.com/library/speeches/1215-coup-speech-of-major-general-ibrahim-babangida-august-27-1985

LOL!

You did not bother to read the content of the speech, did you? Please take time to READ IT!
Re: Buhari's Manifesto That I Cherish Most: Please Read by Demdem(m): 3:56pm On Mar 14, 2011
@ Poster

Good initiative and this thing called Federal Character should also be scrapped. It encourages round holes in square pegs.
Re: Buhari's Manifesto That I Cherish Most: Please Read by Kilode1: 8:09am On Apr 15, 2011
Good plans, don't throw it away, PDP will probably never do this.
Re: Buhari's Manifesto That I Cherish Most: Please Read by Kilode1: 8:24am On Apr 15, 2011
Read, then go and vote,

(1) (Reply)

Unconfirmed Bank Robbery Now At Ogudu Rd, Ojota / Nationalised Banks - Sanusi's Consuming Instincts To Sanitise Banking System / Boko Haram Threatens To Bomb Ui, Uniben, 18 Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.