Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,175 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

COVID-19: Lagos Warns Of Second Wave, May Impose Another Lockdown - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: Lagos Warns Of Second Wave, May Impose Another Lockdown (29903 Views)

COVID-19: Lagos Releases Location And Numbers Of 26 Testing Centres / COVID-19: Lagos Airport and Bus-Stops Get Disinfected (Videos) / COVID-19: Lagos Adopts Biosecurity Measures At Abattoir, Slaughter Houses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Warns Of Second Wave, May Impose Another Lockdown by Benega9(m): 9:08am On Nov 04, 2020
Mad Peoples
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Warns Of Second Wave, May Impose Another Lockdown by Crownp(m): 9:10am On Nov 04, 2020
tuoky:
Bunch of fools. Just because some European nations are going on second lockdown, Lagos wants to copy. Foolish people with no policy of their own.
As lagos dey try copy those ones... I fit reason u say ogun state go take their mumu follow join... Didirin Abiodun

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Warns Of Second Wave, May Impose Another Lockdown by ivolt: 9:10am On Nov 04, 2020
There will be no lockdown again.
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Warns Of Second Wave, May Impose Another Lockdown by urchcoded(m): 9:10am On Nov 04, 2020
PhiliptheArab:

And you think our economy and health systems can handle an out of control covid epidemic?

Haba.
who says it's going to get out of control? The same people that said dead bodies would be littering the streets? It's November already. The best Nigeria could do is enforce covid-19 measures, simple and short. Lockdown is dead on arrival in Nigeria, it cannot work, people won't obey it strictly, security outfits will use it to enrich themselves this Christmas. Can u statistically extrapolate the significance of the first lockdown on the daily figures of the NCDC?. Lockdown Nigeria and the next protest would end Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Warns Of Second Wave, May Impose Another Lockdown by Nobody: 9:10am On Nov 04, 2020
Angelfrost:

Give it a rest please...

What epidemic??! What out of control??!...

If there was going to be an epidemic since Covid-19 ravaged the universe, you think this nation would still be standing with her porous and useless health processes??!

Stop confusing luck with preparation or diligence!!!... Your leaders contained nothing in the first wave! Absolutely nothing!!!... The disease is simply not as virulent here as it is abroad, for reasons even most scientists can't yet explain!!!

All negative projection of mortalities failed, not because our health ministry was up and doing... Largely due to providence!!! We were spared by a miracle!!!

You need to start facing reality before your clueless leaders take you for a ride!!!

All the same, bad leaders or no, the infections in Lagos are rising

Something needs to be done about it.

Personally,I don't think we need lockdowns. It is the worry that the rising number of serious cases could overwhelm our critical care units that scares me.

And once that happens, hospitals would start turning away other serious cases from other diseases.

What is your own solution? (Unless you believe this is a scamdemic, at which point I won't be continuing this conversation)
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Warns Of Second Wave, May Impose Another Lockdown by addexx: 9:12am On Nov 04, 2020
Another lockdown ko

May the wave cover y'all families alone.

radarada undecided
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Warns Of Second Wave, May Impose Another Lockdown by oyeb15: 9:12am On Nov 04, 2020
Government will regret it cos they wont exist anymore.
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Warns Of Second Wave, May Impose Another Lockdown by Nobody: 9:15am On Nov 04, 2020
urchcoded:
who says it's going to get out of control? The same people that said dead bodies would be littering the streets? It's November already. The best Nigeria could do is enforce covid-19 measures, simple and short. Lockdown is dead on arrival in Nigeria, it cannot work, people won't obey it strictly, security outfits will use it to enrich themselves this Christmas. Can u statistically extrapolate the significance of the first lockdown on the daily figures of the NCDC?. Lockdown Nigeria and the next protest would end Nigeria.

Personally I think we don't need lockdowns

The problem is the minority of patients that get seriously ill could overwhelm our health sector

When that happens, in a worst case scenario , hospitals might end up turning away patients with other conditions, and we could have people dying from conditions that could have been easily treated.

And when that happens, the economic and social costs would be bigger than that incurred by locking down.

And by the way, working in the health sector myself, I am at risk especially when things get worse.

Prevention is better than cure
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Warns Of Second Wave, May Impose Another Lockdown by planetx: 9:18am On Nov 04, 2020
If this does not show you that your leaders are Western puppets and take their marching orders from London, Berlin, Paris etc. I knew that once Europeans started to lockdown their African puppets will follow suit. This is all about a global economic reset and the New world order.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Warns Of Second Wave, May Impose Another Lockdown by Shadysen: 9:19am On Nov 04, 2020
mad people
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Warns Of Second Wave, May Impose Another Lockdown by Angelfrost(m): 9:19am On Nov 04, 2020
PhiliptheArab:

All the same, bad leaders or no, the infections in Lagos are rising

Something needs to be done about it.

Personally,I don't think we need lockdowns. It is the worry that the rising number of serious cases could overwhelm our critical care units that scares me.

And once that happens, hospitals would start turning away other serious cases from other diseases.

What is your own solution? (Unless you believe this is a scamdemic, at which point I won't be continuing this conversation)

Which cases in Lagos are rising??! Where in Lagos?!!...

This guy just dey make me laugh!!! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Warns Of Second Wave, May Impose Another Lockdown by Nchenches: 9:20am On Nov 04, 2020
Copy copy copy cat. Copying the British after reading news.
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Warns Of Second Wave, May Impose Another Lockdown by Nobody: 9:20am On Nov 04, 2020
Angelfrost:

Which cases in Lagos are rising??! Where in Lagos?!!...

This guy just dey make me laugh!!! grin grin grin

Oh I see.

Good morning to you
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Warns Of Second Wave, May Impose Another Lockdown by Nobody: 9:20am On Nov 04, 2020
I knew it will come to this immediately Europe saw a second wave.

Help us oh Lord to overcome whatever this virus brings or represents. Amen.
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Warns Of Second Wave, May Impose Another Lockdown by Angelfrost(m): 9:28am On Nov 04, 2020
PhiliptheArab:

Oh I see.

Good morning to you

To your earlier question on the way forward... The first step would and should have been taken since early September or August!!! It is all about anticipation and adequate preparation.

How many more hospitals were established since the so called first wave??!... How many testing and detection centers were established??!... How many airports still diligently screen passengers coming into the nation??!...

Brother, nothing has been put in place!!! Nothing meaningful has been done to forestall spread!!!

If there is likelihood of a spread or second wave, then better believe that it has already spread massively and beyond what any Lockdown will contain!!!...

It has always been survival of the fittest out here!!!.... We are in a near backward nation, hence we survive by providence!!! No more, no less!!!

This is the hard cold truth!!! This is the reality of living in Nigeria!!!

All the commissioner is yarning above is just sheer eye service and hypocrisy!!! He is merely trying to impress the gullible and uninformed!!!
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Warns Of Second Wave, May Impose Another Lockdown by 1Teethosin(m): 9:28am On Nov 04, 2020
Chai, what a zoo country.. Fg tyranny continues and already making moves to stop any form of another protest in the country.

Na aggrieved thunder go strike all of Una
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Warns Of Second Wave, May Impose Another Lockdown by Yampotatocarrot(m): 9:28am On Nov 04, 2020
PhiliptheArab:

Please stop this nonsense.

If Lag does not lock down, before you know it, the whole country would have fresh cases.

Then it would be the whole country locking down, not just Lagos.

You actually thought the whole country went on lockdown before?

Seems you didn't visit South East during the period. Aside some churches and few institutions (banks), everyone went on with their business as if nothing was happening
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Warns Of Second Wave, May Impose Another Lockdown by BigDawsNet: 9:28am On Nov 04, 2020
Ayemileto:
Because Europe is having another lockdown, they want to lockdown here too.

Copy copy government.

Cases are rising in the UK and some part of the Europe.

.. They can start by closing the international airport to aviod bringing in the second wave

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Warns Of Second Wave, May Impose Another Lockdown by planetx: 9:28am On Nov 04, 2020
urchcoded:
Nigeria, copy copy nation. Dumbass advisers everywhere. Any right thinking person with common sense would know that the lockdown in Nigeria was not only ineffective but totally unnecessary. They just messed up the already dying economy. this messures they put in place now are the measures they should have put in place from the start and not lockdown. Who advises these guys? A country stricken with poverty locks down it's citizens without stimulus cheques. We need right thinking individuals in this country abeg
They are taking orders from their puppet masters in London, Berlin, Paris etc. Because we are the least affected continent, so locking down makes no sense.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Warns Of Second Wave, May Impose Another Lockdown by BigDawsNet: 9:29am On Nov 04, 2020
litigator:
I knew it will come to this immediately Europe saw a second wave.

Help us oh Lord to overcome whatever this virus brings or represents. Amen.

Lockdown on economy, busines ain't neccasry

Just close the MMA then you stop the flow in of the second wave
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Warns Of Second Wave, May Impose Another Lockdown by Otsam(m): 9:33am On Nov 04, 2020
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Warns Of Second Wave, May Impose Another Lockdown by Aksnoopy: 9:35am On Nov 04, 2020
madridguy:
Useless people with stone heart. Vomiting trash as if they care about us. Wanted to stage another locked down to get money from international bodies as usual. Bunch of empty heads.
keep quiet! Zombies shouldn't complain, as a matter of fact you don't have the right to murmur. undecided
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Warns Of Second Wave, May Impose Another Lockdown by Brushstrokes20: 9:45am On Nov 04, 2020
Arrant Bullcrap!... Another ploy to loot money and palliatives by the self serving govt of sadistic thieves and tyrant!

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Warns Of Second Wave, May Impose Another Lockdown by Olasty(f): 9:53am On Nov 04, 2020
Malawian:
Na #EndCovidScam we go do next.

I dey with you
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Warns Of Second Wave, May Impose Another Lockdown by SpaceAngel: 10:00am On Nov 04, 2020
Did the first lockdown work.? Are we just doing copy and paste?
If there's second lockdown, what happens to security now that the police is on holidays. Hoodlums may use this opportunity to now finish what is left in the system.
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Warns Of Second Wave, May Impose Another Lockdown by DigitB: 10:01am On Nov 04, 2020
I always say this: these people are one of the most stu.pid folks I've ever listened to.

All they do is copy The West. The West embarked on lockdown, they looked down 9ja when it was clear that COVID-19 isn't that lethal in 9ja.

Now some states in the West are locking down again and the fo.ols over here are hinting on another lockdown.

Imbe.ciles!
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Warns Of Second Wave, May Impose Another Lockdown by mitje(m): 10:07am On Nov 04, 2020
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Warns Of Second Wave, May Impose Another Lockdown by backnbeta(f): 10:15am On Nov 04, 2020
Ayemileto:
Because Europe is having another lockdown, they want to lockdown here too.

Copy copy government.
My first thought exactly...though I believe there's truly a second wave, no doubt about that. What I don't know is the severity. Let's be safe all the same undecided
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Warns Of Second Wave, May Impose Another Lockdown by xcelentattitude(m): 10:17am On Nov 04, 2020
Naija which way na

These governors sha

They want to justify keeping of Palliatives.. Na wa oo
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Warns Of Second Wave, May Impose Another Lockdown by Nmezor(f): 10:24am On Nov 04, 2020
Hmmm
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Warns Of Second Wave, May Impose Another Lockdown by Playermayweda(m): 10:28am On Nov 04, 2020
Make i no lie but this Covid has a lot of stories that don't add up, And the figures of death are fake i doubt it has gotten to half of that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster / List Of Banned Pesticides In Nigeria / Adanwimo Okafor Named General Counsel Of American Board Of Surgery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.