Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,935 members, 7,835,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

'fashola Doesn't Hate Igbo People In Lagos' -chief Obinna Ezenwa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'fashola Doesn't Hate Igbo People In Lagos' -chief Obinna Ezenwa (1275 Views)

Onyemaechi Mprakpor Slapped By An Aide To Ezenwa-Ekpendu / Why Nigerians Hate Igbo, By Chinua Achebe / Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

'fashola Doesn't Hate Igbo People In Lagos' -chief Obinna Ezenwa by AljUche: 1:33am On Mar 14, 2011
Chief Obinna Ezenwa is an Igbo businessman based in Lagos and the Obikaenyi of Umuomaku in Orumba Local Government Area of Anambra State. He was recently honoured with the title of traditional Prime Minister of Ndigbo in Ejigbo, Lagos.

In this concluding part og the interview with Senior Correspondent, Daniel Kanu, he speaks on the ban of Eze Ndigbo title in Lagos State, among other issues.

Excerpts:

Do you subscribe to the position that the ban is a sign of hatred for Ndigbo by the Fashola government?

No. Not at all, I don't buy that position. I don't agree with that because I know it is not true. Let us not bring hatred into it. Fashola does not hate the Igbo. After all, he has one of our illustrious sons, Dr. Ben Akabueze, as a Commissioner holding a sensitive position. Don't forget that Engr. Joe Igbokwe is also the Action Congress publicity secretary. To me, Fashola is the best Governor not only because he gave appointments to the Igbo but because he is performing. You can see the transformation in Lagos within his short period in office.

You have been in Lagos for quite a sometime doing business; you have properties and all that. How do you see the relationship between the state government and the Igbo in Lagos?

The relationship has been cordial. Very cordial; the thing is that if you know the laws of the land and obey them, you won't have problem. Anybody who says Lagos State government is maltreating Ndigbo or has singled Ndigbo out for punishment is not sincere.

You have frequently visited South East states, how do you see the performances of the governors?

Well, if I would start from my state, Anambra, I will give kudos to Governor Peter Obi. He is not the typical Nigerian politician. I think he is just out to do the job, and he is doing it well. His programmes are touching the lives of people and they are attesting to it.

Also, Governor Theodore Orji of Abia State is doing a good job. My friend is a special adviser to him and one can confirm that he is really working.

Governor Sullivan Chime of Enugu State is also bringing positive revolution to the state, and he is not making noise about it. These are the three governors I can give kudos, and I implore them to continue what they are doing.

Most people are dissatisfied with the way Nigeria is going, what do you say?

The only thing I like about President Umaru Yar'Adua is his commitment to the rule of law; it is unlike the past administration where Nigeria was like a banana republic.

But what happened in Ekiti State recently during the governorship re-run election was a shame to the Federal Government. Government should have allowed the will of the people to prevail. I know some people are complaining that Yar'Adua is slow, but it is better to be slow and achieve result than to be in a hurry and make more mistakes.

What do you see as the problem of this country?

Just one word - leadership. We lack visionary leadership. Any time, any day the right leaders emerge, our story will change for good. Nigeria is a great country, but we need leadership that will stir our great potentials and fix things appropriately.

You have seen many governors in Lagos State, having been here for quite sometime, what is your assessment of Governor Fashola?

To me, he is the best. He has no rival yet and his works speak volume. Although, some people are complaining that his government is destroying many shops and that a lot of payment in form of levy and taxes are being demanded by his government; but the truth is that one should be happy paying taxes if the governor is working, since it is the money they use in providing needed amenities and infrastructure.

But I think the government should critically re-assess its action regarding dmolision of shops and people's houses. Unless those ones that cannot be tolerated. They should consider the plight of the people that would be affected in the exercise.

But in all, Fashola deserves a pass mark for his work. A visit at Oshodi alone will convey the message to that he is an action man.

http://news.onlinenigeria.com/templates/?a=4081
Re: 'fashola Doesn't Hate Igbo People In Lagos' -chief Obinna Ezenwa by malc619(m): 1:32am On Feb 11, 2013
Bingo!!!!
Re: 'fashola Doesn't Hate Igbo People In Lagos' -chief Obinna Ezenwa by seanet01: 4:52am On Feb 11, 2013
malc619: Bingo!!!!
You hate the truth.
You are the real Bingo. Olodo

(1) (Reply)

Most Shameless Nigerian Leader / Oil Subsidy for dummies / Boko Haram: Magnifying Nigerian Insecurity With Their Criminal Lens:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.